PDA

View Full Version : One of the Few FOF MP Leagues that Maintains Proper Offline Backups Has Openings

Subby
01-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Feeling glum because your FOF MP league lives on a tiny little laptop somewhere in whothefuckknows? Worried that blatant disregard of FPN-is (not a sexual condition) will lead to more prevalent issues like frequent urination or itchy henri de balzac?

Now in its 21st (yes, you are not shrooming again) season, the Front Office Football League has two ownership openings effective immediately. The off season begins in about tthree weeks, so you'll have the opportunity to get to know your team before we dive right in to the draft and free agency.

We are looking for active, experienced owners that will pay attention to their team and don't mind a briskly paced (but not patently ridiculous) schedule (three games per week - MWF).

Advantages of FOFL (this is mostly new)

- great owners, including well-known FOF strategists QuikSand, Fatass14, Fritz, cuervo72, Ben E. Lou, Fonzie, MalcPow, DonutinmyPants, RedKingGold, Black Baby Jesus and many others.

- long-term league moving into its 21st season (sure I already mentioned this, but good lord...BLACKJACK BITCHES!!!)

- briskly paced schedule that sims three games per week and moves through the offseason without any extended downtime or weekend commitments.

- cutting edge database-driven pages for players, teams and staff written by database programming wiz cuervo72. Plus he is always doing crazy new shit without even telling anyone.

- a host of draft tools, including combine reports, historical draft data and a customized on-line draft tool (licensed from J Dave his own self!).

- all of the gameday Stelmack-generated reports you can put your mouth on, plus a specialized transactions report written by shadowy programming guru Dick Dixon (aka radii).

Sounds pretty great, huh? Plus every new owner gets their choice of either a personal sex robot or a box of homemade marshmallows hand delivered by Fritz or Subby or both. Fez optional.

Interested?

Please send a PM to Cuervo72 via the FOFL or FOFC boards. There is no application process required.

Young Drachma
01-07-2009, 12:06 PM
People should quit FOFL, just so Subby can post these.

flere-imsaho
01-07-2009, 12:34 PM
I always enjoy these posts. :D

Izulde
01-07-2009, 12:42 PM
What's the status of the two teams? Like, rebuilding projects, playoff contenders, bowl contenders, etc?

Subby
01-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Mixed bag. They all need work.

Tasan
01-07-2009, 02:48 PM
A link would be nice?

Subby
01-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah probably too many ways that joke gies wrong.

www.thefofl.com

Ben E Lou
01-07-2009, 04:32 PM
:mad:

Ben E Lou
01-08-2009, 07:52 AM
WOOF: Toleda (Spain) Sword Masters (2014-current) Rebuilding!

:thumbsup:

flere-imsaho
01-08-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm surprised Subby isn't banned yet.

:D

cuervo72
07-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Bump. Because we have two more openings and I can't outpitch beardless Billy Mays up there.

RedKingGold
07-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Please no Fat Jesus, k thanx

Tasan
07-02-2009, 08:27 PM
What teams are open? I don't seen any that are ownerless on the owner info page.

RedKingGold
07-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Shreveport and Galesburg (I think)

Primelord and Dark Cloud's former teams is probably more accurate.

RedKingGold
07-02-2009, 08:52 PM
One of the cooler things about FOFL is that the league champion gets his own forum skin after winning the FOFL Bowl. Probably the closest thing to a "trophy" for winning it all in an FOF MP league.

Looking foward to Lackawanna's, there cuervo. ;)

Flasch186
07-02-2009, 09:36 PM
unless of course you actually get a trophy.....what?

cuervo72
07-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Shreveport and Galesburg (I think)

Primelord and Dark Cloud's former teams is probably more accurate.

Correct. I have a PM from one interested party. So barring some revelation that this guy has bodies buried in his basement, likely one more opening.

One of the cooler things about FOFL is that the league champion gets his own forum skin after winning the FOFL Bowl. Probably the closest thing to a "trophy" for winning it all in an FOF MP league.

Looking foward to Lackawanna's, there cuervo. ;)

Halfway through it. I copied over the BRH look and changed some of the colors. Right now on some screens there is a combo of the goldenrod (?), a gray and a blue that I find surprisingly appealing (but will obviously be chaning). Need to work on the images.

unless of course you actually get a trophy.....what?

No, no real trophies, just a graphic of one. Some teams did get mini-helmets way back though.

cuervo72
07-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Here you go, Mr. Gold.

theFOBL.com : Forums - Powered by vBulletin (http://www.thefobl.com/forums/?styleid=86)

cuervo72
09-15-2009, 08:04 AM
Bump.

Shreveport (again!) and Portland are available for the upcoming 2026 season.

Shreveport (http://www.thefofl.com/teampages/roster.php?teamid=2) shares a division with Fonzie, digamma and myself. It's a bit of a rebuilding project at this point, though it does have a studly 9th year QB (74/74).

Portland (http://www.thefofl.com/teampages/roster.php?teamid=18) is a couple of years removed from an improbable title run, but has a solid (if aging) 79/79 QB and a studly RB. POR has to contend with Chubby, QuikSand, and sometimes MalcPow.

While both teams are in their original locations, either can be rebranded.

We will be starting with the Coach Hiring stages tomorrow, with the "real" offseason kicking off on Monday with the Franchise Tag stage (and the skip-through of the re-sign stage). Ok, so the "REAL real" offseason starts Tuesday with open FA. We'd obviously like to have new owners up and running by then.

If interested, give a shout to me, or Subby, or Ben, or whatever owner you don't think is an asswhite. Or you can find us on the FOxL forums. Thanks!

Subby
09-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Washington is currently rebuilding, so that is one less MP legend you will have to contend with in your drive for a FOFL Bowl Ring!