PDA

View Full Version : Ever hit yourself so hard on something that you got dizzy?

Lorena
01-09-2009, 03:23 PM
I can be pretty clumsy at times, especially when I'm in a hurry. This morning while in the shower I smacked my hand on the shower door so hard, I got a gash and bled for a bit. I had my eyes closed for most of the time and when I finally opened them, I was dizzy for a while. My hand finally stopped bleeding but jeez, for about 5 minutes I felt disoriented, dizzy, and woozy.

My hand is obviously better but jeez, that was pretty bad. I think the only time I felt like that was when I wasn't paying attention and hit my head on a brick wall.. but that was my head and understandable.. but my hand?

Kodos
01-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Maybe the sight of the blood made you woozy?

Lathum
01-09-2009, 03:41 PM
how much blood was there?

Sudden blood loss would cause a lack of oxygen to your brain causing dizzieness

Flasch186
01-09-2009, 03:51 PM
I one time walked into a bar and was in the entrance line headed towards the beer tub which was elevated off of the ground. As I approached I noticed a green square on the ground in front of it and bent over, fairly quickly to grab it. In the process of this downward motion I smacked my forehead on the edge of the beertub as hard as Ive hit it against anything in my entire life. My knees buckled and I started to sway back until I rebalanced myself. Instead of stars around my head, however, I saw flying rabbis which helped me regain my strength and grab the $50 on the ground and pocket it. I spent an hour or so in a booth rubbing my forehead and dreading the knot, the colors and such but that $50 made it all worthwhile.

Another time that was close to that I was opening a restaurant and once again repeated that downward motion onto the refreshment station. I was getting tea bags from underneath and proceeded to give myself quite the wallop. Luckily this time no one was there to see.

MikeVic
01-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Maybe you just got dizzy thinking about the Chargers vs Steelers?

JeeberD
01-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Concussion?

Lathum
01-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Concussion?

in her hand?

JeeberD
01-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Reading comprehension failure... :redface:

Mustang
01-09-2009, 04:22 PM
In the 80's, my parents had one of those old style phone cases that hung on the wall

http://www.elementsdecor.com/Web%20Photos/Reproduction_Telephones/Crosley_CR-91-Oak_Antique_style_wall_phone_web_small.jpg

With company over, I was in the kitchen and felt a really strong sneeze coming on so, my options were to cover my nose/mouth with my hand and face people, the food or turn to the wall. I turned to the wall, sneezed really hard and snapped forward. Well, snapping forward caused me to smash into the phone box which in turn made me dizzy, I lost my my balance and fell backwards.

Not one of my finer moments.

JonInMiddleGA
01-09-2009, 04:48 PM
In the 80's, my parents had one of those old style phone cases that hung on the wall With company over, I was in the kitchen and felt a really strong sneeze coming on so, my options were to cover my nose/mouth with my hand and face people, the food or turn to the wall. I turned to the wall, sneezed really hard and snapped forward. Well, snapping forward caused me to smash into the phone box which in turn made me dizzy, I lost my my balance and fell backwards. Not one of my finer moments.

Didn't John Ritter do that on a Three's Company episode?

st.cronin
01-09-2009, 05:01 PM
I initially read the thread title as "ever had a hard on so big that you got dizzy?"

Yes.

Mustang
01-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Didn't John Ritter do that on a Three's Company episode?

Figures.

Although, I think he banged everything in that apartment except the 2 things he should have. Although he was gay so...

MrDNA
01-09-2009, 10:51 PM
I initially read the thread title as "ever had a hard on so big that you got dizzy?"

Yes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Logan
01-09-2009, 11:36 PM
I one time walked into a bar

That'll do it.

*crickets*

Autumn
01-10-2009, 08:43 AM

If your erection lasts for more than four hours, you should seek help.

Fonzie
01-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Figures.

Although, I think he banged everything in that apartment except the 2 things he should have. Although he was gay so...

That's precisely what he wanted you to believe, Mr. Roper.

flere-imsaho
01-10-2009, 10:16 AM
I don't need to hit my head hard on something to feel dizzy, since I already have vertigo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertigo_(medical)).

Kodos
01-10-2009, 10:50 AM
I don't think Vertigo was one of their better songs.

gstelmack
01-10-2009, 11:05 AM
That's one of the older Hitchcock films I still need to see.

RendeR
01-10-2009, 01:43 PM
I once was swimming at a base pol and got disoriented, pushed forward one last lunging time and hit my head squarely on the concrete side of the pool. I didn't really notice a problem until the lifeguard was holding me up and blood was running down my face.

Crim
01-10-2009, 01:50 PM
I one time walked into a bar and was in the entrance line headed towards the beer tub which was elevated off of the ground. As I approached I noticed a green square on the ground in front of it and bent over, fairly quickly to grab it. In the process of this downward motion I smacked my forehead on the edge of the beertub as hard as Ive hit it against anything in my entire life. My knees buckled and I started to sway back until I rebalanced myself. Instead of stars around my head, however, I saw flying rabbis which helped me regain my strength and grab the $50 on the ground and pocket it. I spent an hour or so in a booth rubbing my forehead and dreading the knot, the colors and such but that $50 made it all worthwhile.

Another time that was close to that I was opening a restaurant and once again repeated that downward motion onto the refreshment station. I was getting tea bags from underneath and proceeded give myself quite the wallop. Luckily this time no one was there to see.

Thank you for this post.

RendeR
01-10-2009, 01:54 PM
I was getting underneath and proceeded give myself quite the teabagging. Luckily this time no one was there to see.

I give props to a man that can teabag himself. BRAVO on well done indeed.... :LOL:

cuervo72
01-10-2009, 10:24 PM
I can be pretty clumsy at times, especially when I'm in a hurry. This morning while in the shower I smacked my hand on the shower door so hard, I got a gash and bled for a bit. I had my eyes closed for most of the time and when I finally opened them, I was dizzy for a while. My hand finally stopped bleeding but jeez, for about 5 minutes I felt disoriented, dizzy, and woozy.

My hand is obviously better but jeez, that was pretty bad. I think the only time I felt like that was when I wasn't paying attention and hit my head on a brick wall.. but that was my head and understandable.. but my hand?

I somehow managed to close the door of my Jeep on my finger a couple years ago, and yes - the surge of pain did get me woozy.

Flasch186
01-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Thank you for this post.

and you are very welcome indeed.

Schmidty
01-11-2009, 02:29 AM
You couldn't live in my world, sister. I tend to remember important parts of my life with scars and blood. No lame boast....just ask someone else who knows. :)

Really though, blood isn't pleasant to me, but it's not a big deal. :)

Karlifornia
01-11-2009, 04:15 AM
One time I took a really hot bath (fuck off, baths are sweet), and as I got out I felt really lightheaded, and actually fainted. I hit my face on the bathroom floor and bled all over. It scared me a bit, but it never happened again, so whatever.

Izulde
01-11-2009, 04:28 AM
One time I took a really hot bath (fuck off, baths are sweet), and as I got out I felt really lightheaded, and actually fainted. I hit my face on the bathroom floor and bled all over. It scared me a bit, but it never happened again, so whatever.

Yeah that's why they post those signs warning you not to stay in hot tubs for too long.

Glengoyne
01-11-2009, 05:43 AM
Thank you for this post.

I actually popped into this thread with the thought "I wonder what Flasch hit his head on?"

He did not disappoint.

lungs
01-11-2009, 08:02 AM
Sometimes my bong hits can leave me dizzy and seeing stars.