PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Women on the Moon

kcchief19
01-11-2009, 02:47 AM
I can't sleep and this chestnut is on HBO right now. I can't tell you how many times we watched this in high school. It's a very funny movie but I've always wondered to things:

1) How high did the people who made this movie and bankrolled it have to be to make this movie?

2) What were the people who took part in this movie thinking? I've forgotten how many big-name starts were in this movie. Sure, Arsenio Hall, David Allen Grier, Bryan Cranston and Joe Pantoliano weren't household names yet so that's understandable. Michelle Pfeifer had been around for a while but hadn't had a huge hit yet when she made it so OK.

But director Joe Dante had worked for Spielberg and made some big-budget mainstream movies. Same with John Landis Steve Guttenberg was at the height of his career, in that 3 Men and a Baby was coming out and he had stopped making Police Academy movies. Ed Begley Jr. was a star.

BB King? Rip Taylor, Slappy White, Henny Youngman and freakin' Steven Allen and Ralph Bellamy? Did these guys read the script or were they just desperate for money? Dr. Johnny Fever? God knows Carrie Fisher didn't need the money.

While I still crack up at Don "No Soul" Simmons, I think I would actually like to see "Bullshit or Not" on TV for real.

gstelmack
01-11-2009, 08:29 AM
I feel the same way about "Mars Attacks!". I still don't get that movie.

Autumn
01-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Oh man, same thing here, we watched this movie all the time. This and Kentucky Fried Movie, I always get them mixed up.

The thing with Arsenio coming home from work, that still cracks me up just thinking about it. "The bitch don't live here."

And the kung flick, Fistful of Yen, was that on this or KFM? I can remember not being able to breathe when Dr. Claw or whoever gets his hook stuck in the post. Lots of crap on here but some real funny shit.

Pumpy Tudors
01-11-2009, 02:10 PM
"A Fistful of Yen" was from Kentucky Fried Movie. I know this because I've seen KFM, but I've never seen AWotM (although I'd like to).