PDA

View Full Version : The 2009 Video Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

DeToxRox
01-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Figured it might be best to start this up because a lot of great games are coming out soon.

Skate 2 is due next week, and I plan on picking that up. The first Skate was a blast, and this one should be even better. Really has put Tony Hawks franchise to shame, though they haven't done much for their own cause since Underground 2 or whatever it was.

The MLB2k Manager game is out in two weeks I think. I for sure will rent that and see how it is.

Then in March .. The Show 09, which is a must get as it's the best baseball franchise around, and the game of the year, imo, Resident Evil 5 is due.

It's gonna be a lot of fun this year with RE5, God of War 3, Prototype, the Agency, etc.

DeToxRox
01-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Here's some info on The Show 09:

MLB '09: The Show includes the following improvements:[4]

Road to the Show 3.0: The new version of the popular mode includes an all-new steal and lead-off system, and more interaction with the player's coaches.

Franchise 2.0: Now includes salary arbitration, waiver transactions, September call-ups, and the 40-man roster.

New Yankee Stadium as it appears in-game.
Improved online play: Now includes flex scheduling to allow players to play out-of-order games, and Roster Vault option to allow gamers can create their own custom rosters and upload them online for other gamers to use.

Custom Music/Replays: Gamers will also be able to store their favorite songs to their PlayStation 3 and assign them to be played at various points in the game, including a batter's walk-up animation. Players may also create custom taunts.

Hotshot Fielding: The game now includes more dynamic fielder reactions and animations, as well as improved bare-handed flips.

Progressive Batting Performance: Player abilities can improve or regress depending on how the gamer plays.

Post Game/In Game Pitcher and Batter Analysis: Pitch Analysis is a breakdown of all the pitches thrown during the current game being played. Gamers will be able sort by pitcher, LHB or RHB, pitch type and result. This feature is also available for Batters, and the batter analysis allows for a breakdown of how a batter has performed based on LHP or RHP, Pitch Type, and result.

Pitch Grips: The game will accurately graphically reflect the pitch being thrown on the pitcher's hand, and will include 17 different pitch types including five fastball variations (four-seamer, two-seamer, cutter, splitter, sinker), five breaking pitches (10-4 curve, 12-6 curve, slider, slurve, screwball), four change-ups (straight, circle change-up, palmball, forkball), and three specialty pitches (knuckle, knuckle-curve, and the gyro).

SportsConnect Online User Tracking (SCOUT): SCOUT allows gamers to set their game preferences, store them on the server, and then allows the system to look for a Quick Match with an opponent that fits their criteria.

Live Sports Updates: Live MLB updates in-game, as well as SportsConnect Headline News.

Multi-Branch Fielding: Players can now take full control of fielders and break out of any animation in the process.

Adaptive Pitching Intelligence (API): Catchers will call the game based on individual strengths and weaknesses of each pitcher and analyze tendencies of batters.

Pitch Command System (PCS): Pitchers' abilities to throw a specific pitch change depending on how often the pitcher throws it.

Revamped Umpire Personalities: Umpire personalities have been tweaked further.

Atocep
01-11-2009, 10:51 AM
For PC gaming Dawn of War 2 is due out around March. For those that don't know, its essentially Company of Heroes in the Warhammer 40k setting. Multiplayer beta is free for download on the 28th of this month.

Dragon Age: Origins is also due out in March (Christmas 09 on consoles) and is a Bioware RPG. Nothing more really needs to be said.

Other games on my radar are Aliens: Colonial Marines (Q2), Champions Online (Q2), Blood Bowl (Q2), and World in Conflict: Soviet Assault (Q2),

ColtCrazy
01-11-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm looking forward to Empire: Total War. That's about it so far. Between that and my current games (Fable 2, Madden, NCAA 09, Civ IV, FM 2009) I'll be busy enough!

DeToxRox
01-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Oh and how dare I forget Guitar Hero: Metallica?

Fuck I am pumped.

Big Fo
01-11-2009, 01:25 PM
What I'm looking forward to in the next few months, though time might prevent me from buying all these once they come out. Football Manager 09 is taking up plenty of my gaming time still:

Dragon Quest V: Chapters of the Chosen (DS - RPG)
Little King's Story (Wii - simulation/RPG)
New Play Control: Pikmin (Wii - strategy)
New Play Control: Mario Tennis (Wii - sports)
MadWorld (Wii - beat 'em up)
Pro Evolution Soccer 09 (Wii - sports)
Empire: Total War (PC - strategy)

As many Wii games in the first few months of 09 as I bought in all of 2008. Not much on the PS3 front for me personally, I might check out the Show again even though I liked Power Pros 2008 more last year. I'll wait for a PC port of Resident Evil 5, I don't like dual analog FPS/TPS.

Eaglesfan27
01-11-2009, 01:28 PM
I thought Dragon Age: Origins was due out in late January/early Feb on the computer? It is easily my most anticipated game of the year.

Edit: Nevermind, I see a date of March 23rd now.

Cringer
01-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Pro Evolution Soccer 09 (Wii - sports)

I believe I will get this for my daughter and I, though I will have to pick up a classic controller if this is the game I am thinking of. The way to play this game on the Wii (once again if it's the game I am thinking of, which I think it is) just sounds really cool with two people.

MrDNA
01-11-2009, 03:45 PM
The Wii Active game sounds like it might be a nice addition to the "fitness" genre. Don't know if I'm actually looking FORWARD to it, though... :)

Any tips on some more hotly anticipated Wii games for '09?

MJ4H
01-11-2009, 03:53 PM
TMNT (team that worked on Brawl is working on a TMNT fighting game). I'm looking forward to a game called Infinite Space. Also looking forward to Klonoa and Wii Sports Resort.

Probably the biggest one most people are looking forward to is The Conduit, which is an FPS that is supposed to really push the hardware and have online and all that jazz. There's also things like Mad World, Monster Hunter 3, Punch-Out, Red Steel 2, Sin and Punishment 2, and Sonic and the Black Knight.

SirFozzie
01-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Blood Bowl in June for me

AgustusM
01-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Games I will get first day

OOTP 10

Faceoff Hockey 2008

Draft Day Sports Basketball 2

DDS Football

Games I will give a chance
MLB 2k Manager Game
MLB 2k 2010
NBA Live 2010
EA NHL 2010
EA March Madness 2010
DDS Baseball

Games I would like to see, and would buy no matter what but who knows if they will be made:

FOF 2009
Bowl Bound 2
TCY 2
Head Coach 2010

Games I will probably buy in the off chance they are good
Madden
EA NCAA 10

from my list it is pretty obvious my gaming is sports sim focused. Looks like a year where we are going to get a lot of baseball titles, but not much yet announced in football which is too bad, because for me OOTP 9 is already so much of what I want a game to be, but all available football titles are dated and fall short.

Big Fo
01-11-2009, 06:05 PM
I believe I will get this for my daughter and I, though I will have to pick up a classic controller if this is the game I am thinking of. The way to play this game on the Wii (once again if it's the game I am thinking of, which I think it is) just sounds really cool with two people.

Yeah, new for this year's version is the ability for two people to play co-op, one pointing to aim their passes and shots with the IR pointer on the Wiimote while the other uses a classic controller for a more traditional experience.

PES 2008 on the Wii was a really good first effort, the second one should be great without the quirky defensive controls and the addition of IR shot aiming.

TMNT (team that worked on Brawl is working on a TMNT fighting game). I'm looking forward to a game called Infinite Space. Also looking forward to Klonoa and Wii Sports Resort.

Probably the biggest one most people are looking forward to is The Conduit, which is an FPS that is supposed to really push the hardware and have online and all that jazz. There's also things like Mad World, Monster Hunter 3, Punch-Out, Red Steel 2, Sin and Punishment 2, and Sonic and the Black Knight.

The 1:1 swordfighting in Wii Sports Resort looks fun as hell, can't wait for that. Infinite Space sounds cool as well.

Honolulu_Blue
01-11-2009, 09:05 PM
I am looking forward to "Dawn of War II" and "Blood Bowl." I have plenty of games to hold me over til then thanks to my post-Christmas buying spree on Steam.

Cringer
01-11-2009, 09:20 PM
So having finished Mirror's Edge, I can say the thing I hated the most about it was the fact it is kind of short. Good thing I took it slow or I would have been done with it before New Years. I wanted to stretch it out though since the wife got it for a present, even though I knew it should have been just a rental. The aiming/shooting isn't the smoothest either, but liveable.

So who gives good value for trade ins? I am going to check with Hastings, which I am sure most people don't have by them. They have a big used game section.

kingnebwsu
01-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Must-haves:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Rock Band: Beatles

Wait and see:

Resident Evil 5 (only because I don't play 1-player games much...but this game will be amazing)
NCAA Football 2010

Dreaming about:

TCY 2

A lot remains to be seen about this year. I'm sure I'll end up buying 10 games or so like I do every year. Who knows what it will be though. The must-haves are two games I'm crapping my pants about almost a year in advance ;)

DeToxRox
01-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Must-haves:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Wait and see:

Resident Evil 5 (only because I don't play 1-player games much...but this game will be amazing)
NCAA Football 2010

Dreaming about:

TCY 2

A lot remains to be seen about this year. I'm sure I'll end up buying 10 games or so like I do every year. Who knows what it will be though. The must-haves are two games I'm crapping my pants about almost a year in advance ;)

RE 5 will have co-op, offline and online. MUST GET

Radii
01-11-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm looking forward to Empire: Total War more than any game in years.

NCAA10 and a few other console games I'll keep my eye on but only one game i'm definitely buying.

Mizzou B-ball fan
01-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Haven't seen Killzone 2 or Infamous mentioned.

Killzone 2 is getting excellent feedback from the beta community. Hopefully they don't have any SOCOM-like online problems on release. If the release is clean, it should sell very well.

Infamous reminds me of Crackdown. Will be interesting to see how it fares.

RedHawk00
01-12-2009, 02:17 PM
mental note: buy new computer that can handle many of these suggestions. I am now really excited about Dragon Age: Origins. I am a big Bioware fan after BG II, NWN, and both KOTOR's

SackAttack
01-12-2009, 02:19 PM

Just as a heads-up, Harmonix are doing a Beatles game, but it isn't necessarily Rock Band related.

If you're just calling it that for simplicity's sake, cool, but don't get your hopes up on the Beatles catalog showing up in, specifically, Rock Band form.

Mustang
01-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Dawn of War 2

Infamous

Ghostbusters

Stargate Worlds (although, I don't hold high hopes for it plus, with Cheyenne Mountain's current issues, probably will get canned... still, I'm a Stargate fan so I'll give it a chance)

This is Vegas - Is Dawgfan still on this project?

dawgfan
01-12-2009, 04:21 PM
This is Vegas - Is Dawgfan still on this project?
Yep!

EagleFan
01-12-2009, 05:05 PM
UFC 2009 - looking forward to see how this is

NHL 10 - the last version won me back

Madden 10 - enjoying the 09 version so far, but just started messing with it

Head Coach 10 - Hope some improvements continue to be made (tired of my starting QB getting injured on kickoff coverage)

FOF 2009 - Please, please, please...

TCY 2 - or Please, please, please

Brothers in Arms 4 - whatever the subtitle, I would LOVE to see the next one come out this year as they hit the Battle of the Bulge

FBCB2 - Please, please, please

I know there are others that are either coming out or I would love to see come out (as I have noted some already :) ) but they are not on the top of my head at the moment.

dawgfan
01-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Dreaming about:

TCY 2
Yep. Seriously Jim, there have been 3 revisions to FOF since TCY came out. Can you throw us college football junkies a bone and make a TCY 2? We're dying here...

kingnebwsu
01-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Just as a heads-up, Harmonix are doing a Beatles game, but it isn't necessarily Rock Band related.

If you're just calling it that for simplicity's sake, cool, but don't get your hopes up on the Beatles catalog showing up in, specifically, Rock Band form.

It's for simplicity's sake :) Honestly, what I expect is a Rock Band game with a fleshed-out story mode of how the Beatles came & went. No matter what, it's going to be amazing, even for us casual Beatles fans.

Cringer
01-13-2009, 12:54 PM
You guys are all fools, this year will suck for games. ;)

hxxp://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10132435-17.html?tag=TOCmoreStories.0

If 2008 was the Year of Gaming, 2009 will be just the opposite. At least, that's what Lionhead Studios' Peter Molyneux said he believes in a recent interview with the BBC.
Speaking to reporters, Molyneux said he thinks 2009's upcoming game releases are "all looking a bit dry...All the triple-A titles came out this Christmas, and while there is stuff in 2010 we can look forward to, off the top of my head, I cannot think of anything next year that really excites me."
Off the top of my head, I can think of a few upcoming games that excite me: Halo 3: ODST Killzone 2, Halo Wars, BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams, and Resident Evil 5. But besides those, after looking at the upcoming release calendars for the three major consoles, as well as the Nintendo DS and Sony's PlayStation Portable, I have to agree with Molyneux.
But maybe my skepticism is rooted in the fact that 2008 was such a great year for gaming. It was the year that was headlined by a slew of great titles, such as Fable 2, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, and Grand Theft Auto IV. Most importantly, it was the year that saw gaming increase in popularity by an astounding rate.
In comparison, 2009 is shaping up to be an incredibly dull year for gaming.
Out of the hundreds of titles that will hit store shelves, did you notice that I was only able to pick a handful out of the bunch about which I'm really excited? The rest are either derivative games that will offer little value to the gamer or are unknown titles that could set a new standard or fall flat. Based on the information available for most of those games, I'm guessing the latter will be the most likely result.
But if we step away from games for a moment, what else can we really get excited about in gaming? I doubt any of the console makers will announce follow-up hardware this year, and unless Sony decides to drop the price of its PS3, don't expect any changes in the sales of the three major consoles.
We might see a DS and PSP redesign during 2009, which would make some happy, and surely one title will make its way to the PC that will captivate audiences the way Crysis did during 2008. And maybe the iPhone will play a bigger role in gaming, thanks to the App Store and its relative popularity.
But is that really all that we can look forward to? Just one year ago, we were looking down the barrel of what would become, arguably, the greatest year in gaming. It saw the Wii take off, a slew of games receive high marks from most major reviewers, and a couple titles set new standards in the market. Meanwhile, more people became gamers, and the video game industry itself made an even better case that it's the logical replacement for film as the chosen form of entertainment for millions of people across the globe.
Although 2009 will probably see an increase in gaming's popularity (largely thanks to the Wii), it's not shaping up to be a memorable year for those who are already gamers. With just a handful of possibly exciting games, no prospect of hardware changes, and a slew of derivative titles, 2009 looks as if it might be a gaming year that's best forgotten.
Obviously, I hope that won't be true. But so far, I'm looking forward to 2010.

Cringer
01-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Dola- damn, it didn't put spacing between paragraphs. Sorry but I am not going back to edit it as much as it bugs me.

sterlingice
01-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Dola- damn, it didn't put spacing between paragraphs. Sorry but I am not going back to edit it as much as it bugs me.

I find that if you copy stuff from a webpage that has spaces but doesn't when you paste it to FOFC, there's a way around this. Open up notepad and paste it there- the spaces will usually show up- then select all and paste to FOFC and they will show up.

SI

RedHawk00
01-13-2009, 01:25 PM
The current financial crisis could also play into release dates of many of the titles... Every day you hear of more and more companies cutting back, that can only slow down getting the product to market.

Mizzou B-ball fan
01-13-2009, 01:27 PM
You guys are all fools, this year will suck for games. ;)

hxxp://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10132435-17.html?tag=TOCmoreStories.0

Really surprised that this author was so disconnected with the industry rumors around price cuts. The $100 PS3 price cut in March/April is all but a given at this point and there are lots of indicators from both retailers and analysts that a price cut on the 360 Pro and Elite models may also come to combat the PS3 price drop.

Cringer
01-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Well, I am not a diehard console gamer, though I become so for certain games I guess if I like them. With that said I think this guy is pretty off in his thinking. Just hearing some of the games brought up here I am excited about a couple games, and I feel this guy would just brush them off. I can't think of how I would label it, uninformed, perhaps casual gamer, something else, but he doesn't bring up games like MLB The Show '09 or other games mentioned here lots of people are looking forward to.

That is why I posted it though, with the wink. I think it's kind of a crap article.

Cringer
01-13-2009, 01:40 PM
I find that if you copy stuff from a webpage that has spaces but doesn't when you paste it to FOFC, there's a way around this. Open up notepad and paste it there- the spaces will usually show up- then select all and paste to FOFC and they will show up.

SI

Good tip. :thumbsup:

Mizzou B-ball fan
01-13-2009, 02:07 PM
That is why I posted it though, with the wink. I think it's kind of a crap article.

I agree. I just get annoyed with what is passed off as reporting anymore. The standard on some of these sites has dropped dramatically.

Big Fo
01-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Well, I am not a diehard console gamer, though I become so for certain games I guess if I like them. With that said I think this guy is pretty off in his thinking. Just hearing some of the games brought up here I am excited about a couple games, and I feel this guy would just brush them off. I can't think of how I would label it, uninformed, perhaps casual gamer, something else, but he doesn't bring up games like MLB The Show '09 or other games mentioned here lots of people are looking forward to.

2009 will have as many good games as 2008 imo. If the only noteworthy games were the ones in his article I'd probably have to find a new hobby.
The dude lists five games, four of which are shooters and the one that isn't still has Halo in the title. :D

The mainstream gaming press doesn't have the same love for sports and strategy games that many on FOFC do.

EagleFan
01-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Brutal Legend - maybe

Deus Ex 3 - Hellz yeah!!!! ;)

I Am Alive - maybe

ArlingtonColt
01-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Starcraft 2 is still slated for an '09 release isn't it? Any Final Fantasy games due out this year?

Ironhead
01-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Not sure if it will squeak in as 2009 release but I am looking forward to Diablo 3.

kingnebwsu
01-13-2009, 07:29 PM
I'll be surprised if either Starcraft or Diablo arrive in 2009.

Atocep
01-13-2009, 07:34 PM
I'll be surprised if either Starcraft or Diablo arrive in 2009.

I think the first chapter of Starcraft 2 will make it this year. Beta testing started this month so a summer release isn't out of the question. I'm interested in hearing if they expect people to pay full price for each chapter.

If they hit the summer release for Starcraft I wouldn't be shocked to see Diablo get a holiday release.

Cringer
01-21-2009, 12:02 PM
What is the deal with Skate 2? I thought it came out yesterday. I stopped by Hastings coming home from jury duty just a bit ago to trade in Mirror's Edge and pick up Skate 2, but they didn't have it out. I ask the employee nearby and she said she remember's a company email about it that said it was kicked back to release tomorrow. I get home and search it and everything I see says it is supposed to be out today. I am confused. :crazy:

Either way, I rented a blu-ray movie and have to go back there tomorrow so I guess I should be able to pick it up then whenever it is actually released.

Honolulu_Blue
01-21-2009, 12:11 PM
I read somewhere (Kotaku, I think) that "Dawn of War II" is actually be released a week earlier than anticipated. That's pretty sweet news. I believe that will be my birthday present to myself. I am very generous that way.

DeToxRox
01-21-2009, 12:15 PM
I read somewhere (Kotaku, I think) that "Dawn of War II" is actually be released a week earlier than anticipated. That's pretty sweet news. I believe that will be my birthday present to myself. I am very generous that way.

I have a birthday in 9 months .. Does this generousty spread to fellow 248'ers?

sachmo71
01-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Champions MMORPG is definitely going to get a look from me.
Also, I hope something happens with Brutal Legend, as it looks quite promising.
I'm also looking forward to the new Puzzlequest game.

Cringer
01-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Picked up Skate 2 on PS3 a few hours ago. Went to Hastings and almost walked out without asking, all confused, when I didn't see it out. I asked though because I know it should have been out today at the latest. They had it in the back.

I never played Skate, so the controls are taking some getting used to. I love the game so far though and can tell this was a value purchase (lots of playing time in the future). I loved the opening scene in career mode, which I didn't start until an hour of free skating.

If you like skating games, or even not, so far I highly recommend this game. Having a blast.

thesloppy
01-22-2009, 09:17 PM
I was late to pick up Skate, and I really got a ton of playtime out of that game, I'm looking forward to picking up the 2nd one, once I wear out the first, in the near future.

Calis
01-22-2009, 09:26 PM

The beta is available now for anyone who owns Soulstorm. I'm getting ready to fire it up now. (For those who don't have DoW: Soulstorm it's on sale for $7.50 on Steam right now.) I never got into Dawn of War much but I really loved Company of Heroes. Anxious to try this out although the early impressions have been mixed at best.

Cringer
01-22-2009, 10:22 PM
I needed to come back and post that Skate 2 is not perfect. I am guessing that walking around was not really something you could do in the first one? I know there is a line from a guy that suggests that. Either way, walking around could use some work. There are times when you need to walk, and move things around. It just is not the smoothest thing in the world. It actually got annoying to me earlier when I needed to move a ramp. Still a great game so far despite this though.

bhlloy
01-22-2009, 11:02 PM
If Deus Ex 3 is half as good as Deus Ex, it will be the best game in years. Stoked about that. Not sure if it is on target for a 2009 release, sounds like a small development team that hasn't released a lot of information yet.

I will buy NCAA 10 for the online gameplay, and any sports text sims that come out. Other than that will probably be rent and see. Nothing else really catches my eye the way that Fallout, GOW 2 and GTA4 did last year.

Honolulu_Blue
01-23-2009, 06:36 AM
The beta is available now for anyone who owns Soulstorm. I'm getting ready to fire it up now. (For those who don't have DoW: Soulstorm it's on sale for $7.50 on Steam right now.) I never got into Dawn of War much but I really loved Company of Heroes. Anxious to try this out although the early impressions have been mixed at best.

Let me know what you think.

DeToxRox
01-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Resident Evil 5 demo is out.

So fucking good. This is gonna be the best game of 09 for sure.

Mizzou B-ball fan
01-29-2009, 11:35 AM
What may have been the worst kept secret of 2008 was finally confirmed. Dead Rising 2 will be multiplatform. Sounds like they'll toss in some content on the 360 so 360 gamers don't feel jilted over the move.

Mizzou B-ball fan
01-29-2009, 11:40 AM

I'm getting a bit worried that the hype may be overblown on this game. Some of the impressions of the demo I have seen thus far are luke-warm. Certainly, you shouldn't base the demo impression on what the final game will be like, but it's a bit concerning. We'll assume it's just an average demo.

Big Fo
01-29-2009, 12:25 PM
A sequel to Boom Blox will be out this spring.

Spielberg, EA play "Boom Blox" sequel

By David Ward

SAN DIEGO (Hollywood Reporter) - Steven Spielberg and Electronic Arts are teaming for the second game in their partnership, "Boom Blox Bash Party," which will be available in the spring for the Nintendo Wii.

The new game is a sequel to last year's "Boom Blox" and promises increased multiplayer action and more than 400 new levels that take players from under water into outer space.

"'Boom Blox Bash Party' is a wild social gaming experience," Spielberg said. "We know families and friends really enjoyed playing the original 'Boom Blox' together, so we designed more explosive multiplayer experiences with 'Boom Blox Bash Party.'"

Among the new features the game will offer is an online component that enables users to download additional levels from Electronic Arts as well as other "Boom Blox Bash Party" players.

The announcement of the sequel comes just as the Entertainment Software Association released a study noting a surge in family-friendly titles, which now account for more than half of all game sales.

The "Boom Blox" franchise is the result of a 2005 deal between EA and Spielberg to collaborate on three original properties.

The original "Boom Blox" is one of the finalists for 2008 Family Game of the Year at next month's Interactive Achievement Awards presented by the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

link (http://ca.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idCATRE50S0P120090129)

Cringer
01-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Honeslty I can't think of another video game were my wife, daughter, and I all sit down to play together. We did it the other night. The wife and daughter will play the Sims together, or my daughter will play other games with me (Skate 2 right now), but nothing were the three of us sit there and swap controllers all enjoying it. Boom Blox 2 will be pretty cool to have, though we really are not that far into Boom Blox yet.

DeToxRox
01-29-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm getting a bit worried that the hype may be overblown on this game. Some of the impressions of the demo I have seen thus far are luke-warm. Certainly, you shouldn't base the demo impression on what the final game will be like, but it's a bit concerning. We'll assume it's just an average demo.

I do agree to an extent. The problem is if you never played RE4, then RE5 is gonna seem clunky because it's the same controls. but RE4 is still one of my 5 favorite games ever.

The online co-op is a blast though.

I think the 360 owners new to RE5 will probably not like RE5 as much as the guys who have played it since its PS only days.

Mizzou B-ball fan
01-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Killzone 2 preorder deal on Amazon. $52 shipped with coupon code KZ2SAVE5.

DeToxRox
02-12-2009, 11:36 AM
GTA 4: Lost and the Damned DLC comes out the 17th. It's 20 bucks and 2 GB of memory, but looks amazing:

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lQLyu4FZXw8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lQLyu4FZXw8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Cringer
02-12-2009, 12:26 PM
$20? And I would have to spend money to hook my 360 up to the internet. I will probably pass, sadly.

DeToxRox
02-12-2009, 12:27 PM
$20? And I would have to spend money to hook my 360 up to the internet. I will probably pass, sadly.

Supposedly it's like 5 hours of totally new gameplay.

Samdari
02-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Certainly, you shouldn't base the demo impression on what the final game will be like

I thought that was the point of the company making the demo, and of you playing it.

Mizzou B-ball fan
02-12-2009, 12:41 PM
I thought that was the point of the company making the demo, and of you playing it.

If only that were true. The release of alpha/beta builds as a demo is never a good idea, yet it seems to be occuring with increasing frequency, especially in the console market.

MJ4H
02-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Sonic and Mario are heading to the Winter Olympics, as expected. Original game sold like hotcakes, so this was a no-brainer.

Mizzou B-ball fan
02-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Sonic and Mario are heading to the Winter Olympics, as expected. Original game sold like hotcakes, so this was a no-brainer.

I'd love to see a rebirth of the Sonic franchise. I grew up playing it non-stop on the Genesis and have been frustrated with the iterations in general since that console. It's a great character with just as much potential as Mario if done properly.

Mizzou B-ball fan
02-12-2009, 01:41 PM

I don't know whether this will affect your decision, but I do know that Microsoft will be allowing free access to the 'Gold' content for the first few days after release of the GTA DLC, so you don't have to purchase a Gold membership to download the content.

I personally think this is a pretty heavy duty money grab for what basically amounts to a 5 hour career mode, but I'm sure there are some fans that will pay for it. I'm sure that sales of this content would have been MUCH better had they released it last fall.

Big Fo
02-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Here's a sweet video for MadWorld which comes out in a few weeks. Looking forward to this one. Solid commentary as well:

"Would really want your kids to see any of this?"
"Sure why not? Don't want to raise a society full of pussies"

ign.com link (http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14253678/madworld/videos/madworldawesome_1.html)

Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics better have curling as one of the sports or I'm gonna be pissed. Wii Motion Plus support would also be cool.

Cringer
02-14-2009, 09:53 PM
I don't know whether this will affect your decision, but I do know that Microsoft will be allowing free access to the 'Gold' content for the first few days after release of the GTA DLC, so you don't have to purchase a Gold membership to download the content.

I personally think this is a pretty heavy duty money grab for what basically amounts to a 5 hour career mode, but I'm sure there are some fans that will pay for it. I'm sure that sales of this content would have been MUCH better had they released it last fall.

Eh, it doesn't effect my decision too much really. I wouldn't mind paying for XBox Live I guess, but I think at this point I refuse to pay to actually connect my XBox to the internet. My only real option is to get a wireless connector for it and I refuse to pay $100 for one. Using a CAT 5 cable would just be a pain with having to get an 50'+ wire to run across my house. The money I could have spent on that went into the PS3 instead.

cartman
02-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Eh, it doesn't effect my decision too much really. I wouldn't mind paying for XBox Live I guess, but I think at this point I refuse to pay to actually connect my XBox to the internet. My only real option is to get a wireless connector for it and I refuse to pay $100 for one. Using a CAT 5 cable would just be a pain with having to get an 50'+ wire to run across my house. The money I could have spent on that went into the PS3 instead.

You don't have to get the MS $100 wireless device to connect wirelessly. There are a few $20 wireless bridges you can get from NewEgg that will work just fine.

Radii
02-14-2009, 10:00 PM

I connect mine through my laptop, cable from xbox to laptop then uses the laptop's wireless connectivity:

Go wireless with your XBox 360, without the $100 MS adapter (http://www.ofzenandcomputing.com/zanswers/61)

If that's an option for you.

Cringer
02-14-2009, 10:55 PM
You don't have to get the MS $100 wireless device to connect wirelessly. There are a few $20 wireless bridges you can get from NewEgg that will work just fine.

I connect mine through my laptop, cable from xbox to laptop then uses the laptop's wireless connectivity:

Go wireless with your XBox 360, without the $100 MS adapter (http://www.ofzenandcomputing.com/zanswers/61)

If that's an option for you.

Ok, see these two things may be legit ways to do it, thanks guys. I have searched for ways in the past as late as October I think it was and never really saw anything that looked reasonable. I guess I was not using the right search terms or something.

Newegg and through the laptop. Will consider it, I still want to try GTA IV online even if I don't get the DLC for it.

sterlingice
02-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics better have curling as one of the sports or I'm gonna be pissed.

:D

SI

Eaglesfan27
02-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Anyone tried Star Ocean: The Last Hope yet? The commercials look interesting and early user reviews on Gamestop are averaging a 9.1 so I'm considering picking it up.

Big Fo
02-28-2009, 12:50 PM
I recommend that anyone who grew up playing video games in the eighties pick up Retro Game Challenge for DS, it's pretty sweet so far with lots of nerd humor in between the games.

MikeVic
02-28-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm playing Nobu Nobu Boy... yeah.

sterlingice
02-28-2009, 01:03 PM
I recommend that anyone who grew up playing video games in the eighties pick up Retro Game Challenge for DS, it's pretty sweet so far with lots of nerd humor in between the games.

How did I miss this one? As soon as someone has some silly sale where it drops to $20, it's mine. (this seems like the type of game that will be clearanced out for $10 easy so I can't spent too much on it- it's just how I am)

SI

Calis
02-28-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm playing Nobu Nobu Boy... yeah.

Really want to try that one, it looks like just the sort of oddball that I'd love, and I was a huge Katamari fan.

I can't pull myself away from Street Fighter 4 long enough to buy it though.

DataKing
03-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Just picked up Street Fighter IV myself yesterday. Can't say it's really sunk it's hooks into me very deep just yet. I mostly got it because I loved SF2 and SF2-Turbo on the old SNES.

Mizzou B-ball fan
03-03-2009, 10:05 AM
EA's coming out with a Tournament edition of their college basketball game. Has the rosters and tournament only (no season play). $15 download on Xbox 360.

Exclusive: First Look at NCAA Basketball 09: March Madness Edition - GameSpot Sports Beat - Gaming News and Videos For Sports Video Games - Football Video Games - Baseball Video Games (http://www.gamespot.com/sports/blogs/sports-blog/909097139/26798810/exclusive-first-look-at-ncaa-basketball-09-march-madness-edition.html)

MikeVic
03-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Really want to try that one, it looks like just the sort of oddball that I'd love, and I was a huge Katamari fan.

I can't pull myself away from Street Fighter 4 long enough to buy it though.

It's cool that you can upload videos directly to youtube. The place will be flooded with crap like my video here:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/keLAlufH9bQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/keLAlufH9bQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ramzavail
03-04-2009, 11:18 AM
what the hell is that

MizzouRah
03-04-2009, 11:39 AM
MikeVic.. wtf?

:crazy:

MikeVic
03-04-2009, 12:59 PM
That's the $5 downloadable "game" released last week. :)

Eaglesfan27
03-22-2009, 11:02 AM
I just read that Dragon Age for the PC has been delayed until November "to consolidate the marketing campaign with the console version and polish it further." I'm disappointed as I was looking forward to playing it, but plenty of other stuff to catch up on (if I can ever tear myself away from College Hoops 2k8.)

Cringer
03-22-2009, 12:00 PM
I must say they timed Map Pack 1 for COD:WaW fairly well. Online play was dipping a little (on PSN anyways) and my interest had faded some. Now things have kicked back into high gear though. Three great maps added, worth $10 for sure.

Mizzou B-ball fan
03-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Max Payne 3 announced for Winter 2009...........

Rockstar Games Announces Max Payne 3 for Winter 2009

New York, NY – March 23, 2009 – Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Max Payne 3 is currently in development and scheduled for a winter 2009 release on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC. Developed by Rockstar Vancouver, Max Payne 3 tells the story of a retired police detective embroiled in a world of corruption, turmoil and intense violence.

The award-winning Max Payne franchise put players in the role of Max Payne, a hard-boiled New York City detective with a penchant for violence, out to avenge the death of his family. The latest installment delivers more of the classic elements and hyper-intense action that fans have come to love, while moving the story of Max in a new direction.

“We’re starting a new chapter of Max’s life with this game,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “This is Max as we’ve never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation.”

Since leaving the NYPD and New York itself behind, Max has drifted from bad to worse. Double-crossed and a long way from home, Max is now trapped in a city full of violence and bloodshed, using his weapons and instincts in a desperate search for the truth and a way out.

Max Payne 3 will be available in winter 2009 for Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 and PC.

For more information, log onto Rockstar Games Presents Max Payne 3. Winter 2009 (www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3)

MJ4H
03-25-2009, 07:38 PM
GDC today. New Zelda for DS announced, plus a storage solution (SD cards made usable). Also something about a new Wario Ware game for the new DSi I think?

Balldog
03-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Anyone playing Killzone 2 for PS3?

SackAttack
03-25-2009, 08:06 PM
I just spent about 20 minutes fooling around with the Age of Booty demo. That game looks like it would be so much fun in multiplayer.

Big Fo
03-25-2009, 08:08 PM
General summary of Wii/DS news from Iwata's speech/other goings on at GDC:

WarioWare Snapped will be a DSiWare launch title here.

Level 5 let slip that Professor Layton 2 is being localized and will be out this year.

Rhythm Heaven demo now available on Nintendo Channel, it's cooler than I thought it would be.

Virtual Console will now have classic arcade titles.

The Wii storage solution was long overdue and works pretty well.

Punch-Out!! Wii will have balance board support (shift weight to dodge punches) as an option

Square-Enix are bringing some of the earlier Final Fantasy games to Virtual Console and are making Final Fantasy:Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord (a sequel of sorts to WiiWare's My Life as a King but now instead of organizing raiding parties and town planning the game has you building dungeons designed to kill off adventurers). Final Fantasy IV: the After (episodic sequel) will also be coming to WiiWare

New WiiWare title Rock N’ Roll Climber will use balance board to simulate rock climbing.

Though none are known about yet, in the future there will be DSi-only or DSi-enhanced game carts, sort of like the GameBoy -> GameBoy Color transition I suppose.

SackAttack
03-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Rhythm Heaven demo now available on Nintendo Channel, it's cooler than I thought it would be.

The marketing catchphrase, on the other hand, leaves something to be desired:

"Prepare to be rhythmically challenged!"

So, what, teaches people how to white-boy dance? >.>

Big Fo
03-25-2009, 08:19 PM
haha

They did hire Beyonce to advertise the game (http://ds.ign.com/dor/objects/14256704/rhythm-tengoku-gold/videos/rhythmheaven_trl_beyonce_032409.html). I guess they put more money into hiring celebs than coming up with witty catchphrases.

This demo is kicking my ass, I am lacking in rhythm.

Cringer
03-25-2009, 10:00 PM

As I said in one of the game threads, after weeks of it being out I still have not seen the game in stores down here this whole time. The wife checked Target last night for me once again and it wasn't there.

BUT! Tonight we were at Target again and they must have gotten some in last night because they had 6 of them. I have it sitting next to me right now and will crack the thing open and start playing later tonight once I have a website updated, dinner out of the way, and the whole rubbing the pregnant wife's back thing over with. I will be up until 6 a.m. or so playing I would guess.

SackAttack
03-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Loads of copies at the Green Bay Best Buy.

I'm too busy with MLB 09 The Show and Fable II, though.

Cringer
03-26-2009, 02:42 AM

Been playing for almost 2 hours, a little less. Great game so far. Looks frickin' amazing, and the action is non-stop. A little of everything so far and I know there is more to come. They do an excellent job of mixing things up so far. One speedy little tank you get to drive. Love the game so far it seems. After a little break here I think I will try the online stuff, since this is the game I figure has been cutting into the number of players on COD:WaW online.

Neon_Chaos
03-26-2009, 03:33 AM
Just picked up The Last Remnant for the PC, a Square Enix JRPG. I'm having fun with the unique battle system and the turbo mode on the PC. The storyline isn't that good, but this battle system is fun, and the game in gorgeous.

Mizzou B-ball fan
03-26-2009, 07:09 AM
Just picked up The Last Remnant for the PC, a Square Enix JRPG. I'm having fun with the unique battle system and the turbo mode on the PC. The storyline isn't that good, but this battle system is fun, and the game in gorgeous.

I saw that the PS3 version likely won't even be released due to weak 360 sales thus far. Just didn't fulfill its promise for one reason or another.

Mizzou B-ball fan
03-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Been playing for almost 2 hours, a little less. Great game so far. Looks frickin' amazing, and the action is non-stop. A little of everything so far and I know there is more to come. They do an excellent job of mixing things up so far. One speedy little tank you get to drive. Love the game so far it seems. After a little break here I think I will try the online stuff, since this is the game I figure has been cutting into the number of players on COD:WaW online.

The real shame of the Killzone 2 release is that it came at the same time as The Show release. Both are fantastic games, but they're competing for consumer attention.

Neon_Chaos
03-26-2009, 07:55 AM
I saw that the PS3 version likely won't even be released due to weak 360 sales thus far. Just didn't fulfill its promise for one reason or another.

I heard that the 360 version was graphically buggy. I didn't pick it up for the 360.

The PC version looks great. It uses the Unreal Engine really well on the PC.

MizzouRah
03-26-2009, 09:35 AM

How is the retail version?

I'm thinking about picking this one up today.

ColtCrazy
03-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Downloaded Peggle from Xbox Live the other day. My 5 year old loves it, and it's actually not a bad little puzzle game, especially since it's only 800 pts.

DeToxRox
03-26-2009, 10:35 AM
How is the retail version?

I'm thinking about picking this one up today.

I love it. Has a lot of replay ability in my opinion as you keep all your guns and can get bonuses maxing them all out and such. It takes like two or three hours probably to get fully used to the controls, then it's a non issue.

It's an absolute blast to play co-op with.

Mizzou B-ball fan
03-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Downloaded Peggle from Xbox Live the other day. My 5 year old loves it, and it's actually not a bad little puzzle game, especially since it's only 800 pts.

Neighbor bought that game and plays it all the time. I played it a couple of times. Easy pick up and play.

MJ4H
03-26-2009, 11:27 AM
haha

They did hire Beyonce to advertise the game (http://ds.ign.com/dor/objects/14256704/rhythm-tengoku-gold/videos/rhythmheaven_trl_beyonce_032409.html). I guess they put more money into hiring celebs than coming up with witty catchphrases.

This demo is kicking my ass, I am lacking in rhythm.

Tried the demo last night, I love it. Wife did, too. Will likely be picking it up at some point.

Eaglesfan27
03-26-2009, 11:34 AM
I heard that the 360 version was graphically buggy. I didn't pick it up for the 360.

The PC version looks great. It uses the Unreal Engine really well on the PC.

I got the 360 version as a gift and the frame rate drops are very annoying (to the point that I may never finish it.) Otherwise, the graphics are fine from what I've seen so far.

MizzouRah
03-26-2009, 11:49 AM
I love it. Has a lot of replay ability in my opinion as you keep all your guns and can get bonuses maxing them all out and such. It takes like two or three hours probably to get fully used to the controls, then it's a non issue.

It's an absolute blast to play co-op with.

Thanks.. I think I'll pick this one up soon when it's $54.99 used at Gamestop and then I can get an additional $5.49 with my Edge card.

Mizzou B-ball fan
03-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Wow......heavy duty PS3 sale over on Amazon UK. Not sure how long it lasts. 50% off a ton of PS3 titles. Great deal for both Euros and even North Americans. Shipping is relatively cheap to the U.S., so you can still get the game for cheaper than its American counterpart in most cases.

Cringer
03-30-2009, 03:11 PM

After some more time with this game it is a great game IMO. Solo play has been a blast, and pretty challenging at times. They did an excellent job of keeping it from being the same thing. Every 'mission' has felt different, none of it like the same thing just in different scenery.

I have done some online play now. The first time I thought it was just ok, but of course have played it a couple more times. The more I play it online the more I like it, and overall I like how things are done. The game modes are cool, but mainly I think it is great how you can do all the game modes in one game and it switches from one to the other right away while playing.

Balldog
03-30-2009, 04:12 PM
After some more time with this game it is a great game IMO. Solo play has been a blast, and pretty challenging at times. They did an excellent job of keeping it from being the same thing. Every 'mission' has felt different, none of it like the same thing just in different scenery.

I have done some online play now. The first time I thought it was just ok, but of course have played it a couple more times. The more I play it online the more I like it, and overall I like how things are done. The game modes are cool, but mainly I think it is great how you can do all the game modes in one game and it switches from one to the other right away while playing.

Sounds great

Mizzou B-ball fan
03-31-2009, 07:33 AM
Lots of Wii deals today, though your mileage may vary.

Toys R Us has Trauma Center: New Blood for $14 shipped.

Amazon Deal of the Day is Wii Music for $29.95. In addition, there will be 5 Amazon Gold Box deals related to Wii being offered today.

sterlingice
03-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Guessing from the clues, it looks like the 2PM PDT deal will be Mario Galaxy and 6PM will probably be Animal Crossing- just guesses tho

SI

Cringer
03-31-2009, 12:11 PM
What's a Gold Box deal?

sterlingice
03-31-2009, 12:18 PM
It's their "deal of the day" sort of thing- there is a daily one and then a few hourly ones. To get to them, go to Amazon and just click on the "Today's Deals" with the little treasure chest next to it

SI

JediKooter
03-31-2009, 12:19 PM
For those of you who are still stuck at the turn of the century, the PS2 will have a new price point of under $100 dollars come April 1st.

Link: hxxp://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/ps2-to-drop-under-100-on-april-1/1300867

Mizzou B-ball fan
04-03-2009, 07:10 AM
48 hour madness sale ongoing over at GoGamer.com. PC games for as little as $1........

Slickdeals.net - The best coupons, lowest prices, and hottest deals. (http://www.slickdeals.net/permadeal/19631/PC-Games-Maelstrom--Atlantis-Evolution-1--Just-Cause--Infernal-2--Shadowrun--GTA-Classics-3--and-more-plus-SH)

Julio Riddols
04-03-2009, 08:09 AM
I'm obsessed with Peggle. Been playing about 4 hours a day.

I'm trying to perfect my ball dropping technique, like a still developing male fetus.

ColtCrazy
04-03-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm obsessed with Peggle. Been playing about 4 hours a day.

I'm trying to perfect my ball dropping technique, like a still developing male fetus.

LOL. I've been playing it about as much as my 5 year old. Trying to get my scores up on individual boards to improve my ranking. My boy thinks I'm a god now because I cleared the board on 3 different levels. Gotta love kids. Peggle's just a fun little time waster game. Easy to play and strangely addicting.

Ramzavail
04-03-2009, 08:51 AM
48 hour madness sale ongoing over at GoGamer.com. PC games for as little as $1........

Slickdeals.net - The best coupons, lowest prices, and hottest deals. (http://www.slickdeals.net/permadeal/19631/PC-Games-Maelstrom--Atlantis-Evolution-1--Just-Cause--Infernal-2--Shadowrun--GTA-Classics-3--and-more-plus-SH)

any of these games worth a damn?

Eaglesfan27
04-03-2009, 09:54 AM

If you've never played it and don't mind older graphics, Dungeon Siege with Legends of Aranna is worth the 3 dollars.

Mizzou B-ball fan
04-03-2009, 10:00 AM

Sid Meier's Railroads is pretty good at $4. Also, ParaWorld is a fun game and it's only $2. Those were the ones I noticed.

Passacaglia
04-03-2009, 10:02 AM
I was thinking of getting Railroads, and maybe Diplomacy. Anyone know much about that?

Atocep
04-03-2009, 03:50 PM
I got a good laugh out of this.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2009/20090403.jpg

Mizzou B-ball fan
04-06-2009, 07:36 AM
Couple of great deals that I saw over at GamerDays at GameStop. GH: Aerosmith is only $9.99 on all systems.

For the people who own a PS3 and haven't enjoyed Valkyria Chronicles, it's on sale for $29.99. It's a great mix of turn-based and live-action strategy. It's a can't miss title and for under $30, it's an absolute steal.

spleen1015
04-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Who is getting the new DSi?

I wonder what American demand is going to be like. I walked into Walmart this morning and bought one. They had about 20 of them.

MJ4H
04-06-2009, 08:21 AM
I don't know of anyone even considering one. I certainly have no interest as of now. It would take a lot to make me interested, frankly.

Big Fo
04-06-2009, 08:33 AM
There aren't enough exclusives yet for me to pick a DSi up but I'll get one eventually.

Big Fo
04-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Hot New Video Game Consists Solely of Shooting People Point-Blank In The Face (Onion)

<object width="480" height="430"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/common/assets/onn_embed/embedded_player.swf?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theonion.com%2Fcontent%2Ffiles%2Fimages%2FPOINT_BLANK_article.jpg&amp;videoid=94295&title=Hot%20New%20Video%20Game%20Consists%20Solely%20Of%20Shooting%20People%20Point-Blank%20In%20The%20Face" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed src="http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/common/assets/onn_embed/embedded_player.swf"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="430"flashvars="image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theonion.com%2Fcontent%2Ffiles%2Fimages%2FPOINT_BLANK_article.jpg&videoid=94295&title=Hot%20New%20Video%20Game%20Consists%20Solely%20Of%20Shooting%20People%20Point-Blank%20In%20The%20Face"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://www.theonion.com/content/video/hot_new_video_game_consists">Hot New Video Game Consists Solely Of Shooting People Point-Blank In The Face</a>

Looks like a potential million seller based on current trends. Loved the IGN reviewer.

Ksyrup
04-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Bobbie Battista is down to reading fake news? Wow. Wasn't she on CNN not too long ago?

JonInMiddleGA
04-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Wow. Wasn't she on CNN not too long ago?

Left after the merger in 2001, opened a PR firm with her husband & several ex-CNN mgmt types shortly after.
Bobbie Battista thriving off the front lines - US News and World Report (http://www.usnews.com/usnews/biztech/articles/050523/23eewhere.htm)

That closed a couple of years back, she briefly hosted a show for Retirement Living TV but left when they were about to go under and then ended up working with The Onion.

cartman
04-07-2009, 12:22 PM
LLLOOOOVVVEEE the side missions!

Mustang
04-07-2009, 12:39 PM
That is one of the few times I've actually LOL'd at my desk at work...

cartman
04-08-2009, 01:33 PM
There is a website for Close Range, and there is a demo!

Close Range Game (http://www.closerangegame.com)

Big Fo
04-09-2009, 01:35 AM
Wii Sports Resort and Wii MotionPlus will be released in July for North America (one month after Japan).

The swordfighting game Nintendo showed off at last year's E3 looked pretty fun but I'm really looking forward to this for Tiger Woods 10 and Grand Slam Tennis, both of which will use the peripheral.

kotaku.com link (http://kotaku.com/5204773/wii-sports-resort-motionplus-out-in-july)

Mizzou B-ball fan
04-21-2009, 08:08 AM
Very good deal for PS3 owners who haven't picked up the official headset yet. Newegg has Endwar /w headset for $39.99.

Newegg.com - Tom Clancy's End War w/Headset Bundle Playstation3 Game UBISOFT (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879267066)

EagleFan
04-21-2009, 10:37 PM
I see the release date is May 19th for UFC 2009 Undisputed. Looks like they have a decent roster of fighters and what I have seen video of looks potentially promising. Sounds like it could be a bear to learn all the controls for the ground game though.

DeToxRox
04-21-2009, 10:40 PM
I see the release date is May 19th for UFC 2009 Undisputed. Looks like they have a decent roster of fighters and what I have seen video of looks potentially promising. Sounds like it could be a bear to learn all the controls for the ground game though.

DL'ed the Demo. I went in with no real expectations but wow it's fun. The ground game is amazing, better then I would've imagined. Striking is great too. It's just bad ass all around.

Scoobz0202
04-21-2009, 10:41 PM
Demo comes out thursday, right?

DeToxRox
04-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Demo comes out thursday, right?

Yup. Tho there is a way around that though.

EagleFan
04-21-2009, 10:54 PM
DL'ed the Demo. I went in with no real expectations but wow it's fun. The ground game is amazing, better then I would've imagined. Striking is great too. It's just bad ass all around.

Sweet. Fess up, how did you get the demo...

Cringer
04-21-2009, 10:59 PM
It involves a dark alley and a large tube of KY.

EagleFan
04-21-2009, 11:01 PM
It involves a dark alley and a large tube of KY.

I think I can wait until Thursday then... now if this was an indoor lacrosse game...

Mizzou B-ball fan
04-22-2009, 07:52 AM
New trailer out for inFamous. If the world needs anything, it's more sniper lightning........

Infamous Empire City Gameplay Clip Videos - G4tv.com (http://g4tv.com/trailers/videos/37860/Infamous-Empire-City-Gameplay-Clip.html)

Cringer
04-22-2009, 01:42 PM
So, you get to be like Sylar? Cool, I'm game.

Mizzou B-ball fan
04-23-2009, 12:44 PM
New 'Battlefield' game coming to Xbox Live and Playstation Network in June and PC in September. Price will be $15.

DICE Announces $15 Price for Battlefield 1943

Premium Arcade Title Delivers Endless Hours of Multiplayer Fun, Legendary WWII Battlefield Action and Destruction

STOCKHOLM--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ:ERTS), today announced that Battlefield 1943™ will be available in June for $15 USD in the Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace (1200 MS Points) or the PlayStation®Store. The action-packed arcade title will also be available for PC in September. Battlefield 1943 is an all-new multiplayer game that offers endless hours of 24-player action in popular maps inspired by Battlefield 1942™, now updated with the Frostbite™ engine. The total destructibility afforded by the Frostbite engine ups the ante and leaves players with nowhere to hide.

In Battlefield 1943, intense battles ensue over three classic and tropic locations; Wake Island, Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima. Gamers play as the US Marines or the Imperial Japanese Navy, competing by land, air and sea. Players have the freedom to pick their path in battle - be it as a rifleman crawling through the trenches, a steel fisted tank commander, or a dog fighting pilot that protects the skies.

“Using the same Frostbite engine that we developed for Battlefield: Bad Company, we are able to take players back to WWII and return to the roots of the Battlefield franchise, but with a new twist – destruction,” said Gordon Van Dyke, Producer on Battlefield 1943. “We want to offer gamers the most accessible online shooter experience and the best value found in any premium download title with Battlefield 1943.”

For more information on DICE, please visit www.dice.se or EA Video Games - Play Online PC Wii Xbox PS2 PS3 and DS Games (www.ea.com). For more information on Battlefield 1943 please visit: Battlefield 1943 - News, Previews, Videos, & Screenshots | Official Site (www.battlefield1943.com).

Ajaxab
04-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Because we need more plastic peripherals in our living rooms, http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48068.html.

Mizzou B-ball fan
04-27-2009, 07:58 AM
Looks like Sony is taking a page from the Microsoft playbook. Anyone who preorders inFamous will receive early access to the inFamous demo and will also be able to play in the Uncharted 2 multiplayer beta. No word on whether it's a retailer exclusive or not.

inFamous Pre-Order = Early Demo and Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta - Loot Ninja (http://loot-ninja.com/2009/04/25/infamous-pre-order-early-demo-and-uncharted-2-multiplayer-beta/)

Mizzou B-ball fan
04-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Good trade in deal on a console right now. Gamestop is paying retail price ($99) for a PS2 trade-in when you use the credit towards the purchase of a PS3. So you can get a PS3 for $299 with trade in of your PS2.

whomario
04-28-2009, 08:42 AM
Has anyone picked up The Path ? Great game if you f.e. like David Lynch Movies .

official page : The Path -------- a short horror game by Tale of Tales (http://tale-of-tales.com/ThePath/)
steam : The Path on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/27000/)
IGN review : IGN: The Path Review (http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/965/965682p1.html) (there´s more on the official page)

for me as a very casual gamer it has been brilliant, even if not considering the price of 9,99 (dollars). I almost never play anything other than possibly NBA2K or Pro Evolution Soccer along with text sim games though, so i´m not a good reference.
Saw an advertisement in a cultural newspaper here, read some very enthusiastic reviews and decided to give it a try.

It´s based on the popular children´s legend of Little Red Riding Hood (The Brother´s Grimm told the most well known variation).
You have 6 characters (6 sisters) of varying age and personality to choose from (though in the end you´ll have guided all 6 one after the other) that you then have to guide to the Grandmothers house. If you stay on the path though, nothing happens at all. So you have to stray off the path and then a story unfolds.

There´s not much gameplaying really, but for me that´s a good thing as i suck at it ;)

Basically it´s an animated story with a ton of atmosphere. As you guide each of the characters (i have started with 2, so it´s preliminary anbd based on reviews) through the world you experience things differently and get sucked into the characters issues and fears as you go along.
It´s like a good short film just as a video game. Not a ton of action or a great deal of storylines, but still has you thinking.

spleen1015
05-07-2009, 10:03 AM
How good is inFamous supposed to be?

Cringer
05-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Uhm, good.

Big Fo
05-07-2009, 10:32 AM
The general e-consensus seems to be that the Infamous demo rules. I don't have a code so I'll have to wait until it's on PSN (May 21 iirc)

sterlingice
05-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Ok, Conduit kindof snuck up on me. I know it had been mentioned once in this thread before but I really hadn't read anything about it. I really hope that because the Wii has a larger install base that it doesn't become another Perfect Dark- a great game which didn't sell as well as it should have (tho PD's biggest problem was being at the end of a dev cycle).

I started reading into it, and I'm definitely intrigued.

SI

EagleFan
05-07-2009, 11:53 PM
11 more days!!!

DeToxRox
05-07-2009, 11:54 PM
11 more days!!!

Yuzzur. I cannot wait.

MJ4H
05-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Contra Rebirth coming to WiiWare May 12th (in Japan)
http://www.wiinintendo.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/contra-rebirth-600x459.jpg

2 player co-op confirmed, but no idea if online or local only.

Chubby
05-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Guitar Heroes Greatest Hits is going to ROCK!!! As long as it had Freebird (which it does) it's a day 1 buy for me.

Flasch186
05-12-2009, 10:38 AM
7 days

DataKing
05-12-2009, 10:38 AM
In case you weren't aware, Freebird in on Guitar Hero 2.

Neon_Chaos
05-12-2009, 10:41 AM
7 days

This is either a countdown to this...

UFC 2009 Undisputed for Xbox 360 - UFC 2009 Undisputed Xbox360 Game - UFC 2009 Undisputed Xbox 360 Video Game (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ufc2009undisputed/index.html)

or this...

Hannah Montana: The Movie for PC - Hannah Montana: The Movie PC Game - Hannah Montana: The Movie Computer Game (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/hannahmontanathemovie/index.html)

Mizzou B-ball fan
05-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Next two weeks are going to get my wallet. UFC game next week followed by inFamous on May 26th.

Chubby
05-12-2009, 11:12 AM
In case you weren't aware, Freebird in on Guitar Hero 2.

I know but I can't get my PS2 versions of GH/GHII to play on my PS3 (well, I can't getthe guitars to register) :( There's no combo disc for PS3 like 360 has...

sterlingice
05-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Guitar Heroes Greatest Hits is going to ROCK!!! As long as it had Freebird (which it does) it's a day 1 buy for me.

The set list for Smash Hits is phenomenal. There are maybe 10 songs that I'm "meh" about and I'm glad to have a bunch of these songs on the Wii and full band. It's got most of my favorite songs from the previous games, not just whatever crap they could throw into a package because they could renew the rights for cheap. I wish they had included something from Metallica, but I guess that's what GH:Metallica is for.

<table id="sortable_table_id_0" class="wikitable sortable" style="margin: 5px; font-size: 90%; text-align: center;"><tbody><tr><th style="background: rgb(221, 221, 238) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" width="225">Song Title http://en.wikipedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghsh#)</th> <th style="background: rgb(221, 221, 238) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" width="225">Artist http://en.wikipedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_up.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghsh#)</th> <th style="background: rgb(221, 221, 238) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" width="200">Original Game http://en.wikipedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghsh#)</th> </tr> <tr> <td>"Back in the Saddle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_in_the_Saddle)"</td> <td>Aerosmith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerosmith)</td> <td>5 Guitar Hero: Aerosmith</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Miss Murder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Murder)"</td> <td>AFI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFI)</td> <td>4 Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Them Bones (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Them_Bones)"</td> <td>Alice in Chains (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_in_Chains)</td> <td>2 Guitar Hero II</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Caught in a Mosh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caught_in_a_Mosh)"</td> <td>Anthrax (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthrax_%28band%29)</td> <td>3 Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Beast and the Harlot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_and_the_Harlot)"</td> <td>Avenged Sevenfold (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avenged_Sevenfold)</td> <td>2 Guitar Hero II</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Godzilla (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla_%28song%29)"</td> <td>Blue Öyster Cult (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_%C3%96yster_Cult)</td> <td>1 Guitar Hero</td> </tr><tr> <td>"More Than a Feeling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_than_a_Feeling)"</td> <td>Boston (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_%28band%29)</td> <td>1 Guitar Hero</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Mother (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_%28Danzig_song%29)"</td> <td>Danzig (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danzig_%28band%29)</td> <td>2 Guitar Hero II</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Smoke on the Water (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoke_on_the_Water)"</td> <td>Deep Purple (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Purple)</td> <td>1 Guitar Hero</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Take It Off"</td> <td>Donnas The Donnas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Donnas)</td> <td>1 Guitar Hero</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Through the Fire and Flames (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Through_the_Fire_and_Flames)"</td> <td>DragonForce (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DragonForce)</td> <td>4 Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Hey You (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey_You_%28The_Exies_song%29)"</td> <td>Exies The Exies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exies)</td> <td>1 Guitar Hero</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Play With Me (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play_With_Me)"</td> <td>Extreme (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_%28band%29)</td> <td>3 Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Monkey Wrench (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_Wrench_%28song%29)"</td> <td>Foo Fighters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_Fighters)</td> <td>2 Guitar Hero II</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Take Me Out (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_Me_Out_%28song%29)"</td> <td>Franz Ferdinand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Ferdinand_%28band%29)</td> <td>1 Guitar Hero</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Barracuda (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barracuda_%28song%29)"</td> <td>Heart (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart)</td> <td>4 Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Unsung (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsung_%28song%29)" (Live)</td> <td>Helmet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmet_%28band%29)</td> <td>1 Guitar Hero</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Stellar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_%28song%29)"</td> <td>Incubus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubus_%28band%29)</td> <td>1 Guitar Hero</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Trooper" "The Trooper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trooper)"</td> <td>Iron Maiden (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Maiden)</td> <td>2 Guitar Hero II</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Stop! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop%21_%28Jane%27s_Addiction_song%29)"</td> <td>Jane's Addiction (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane%27s_Addiction)</td> <td>2 Guitar Hero II</td> </tr><tr> <td>"I Love Rock 'n Roll (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Love_Rock_%27n%27_Roll#Joan_Jett_Version)"</td> <td>Joan Jett and the Blackhearts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Jett)</td> <td>1 Guitar Hero</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Electric Eye (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Eye)"</td> <td>Judas Priest (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_Priest)</td> <td>3 Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Carry On Wayward Son (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carry_On_Wayward_Son)"</td> <td>Kansas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_%28band%29)</td> <td>2 Guitar Hero II</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Rock and Roll All Nite (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_and_Roll_All_Nite)"</td> <td>Kiss (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss_%28band%29)</td> <td>4 Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Laid to Rest (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laid_to_Rest)"</td> <td>Lamb of God (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamb_of_God_%28band%29)</td> <td>2 Guitar Hero II</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Cult of Personality (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_Personality_%28song%29)"</td> <td>Living Colour (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Colour)</td> <td>4 Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Free Bird (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Bird)"</td> <td>Lynyrd Skynyrd (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynyrd_Skynyrd)</td> <td>2 Guitar Hero II</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Shout at the Devil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shout_at_the_Devil_%28song%29)"</td> <td>Mötley Crüe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%B6tley_Cr%C3%BCe)</td> <td>2 Guitar Hero II</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Heart-Shaped Box (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart-Shaped_Box)"</td> <td>Nirvana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana_%28band%29)</td> <td>2 Guitar Hero II</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Bark at the Moon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bark_at_the_Moon_%28song%29)"</td> <td>Ozzy Osbourne (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozzy_Osbourne)</td> <td>1 Guitar Hero</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Cowboys from Hell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboys_from_Hell_%28song%29)" (Live)</td> <td>Pantera (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantera)</td> <td>1 Guitar Hero</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Hit Me with Your Best Shot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hit_Me_with_Your_Best_Shot)"</td> <td>Pat Benatar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Benatar)</td> <td>4 Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Nothin' but a Good Time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothin%27_but_a_Good_Time)"</td> <td>Poison (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison_%28band%29)</td> <td>3 Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Message in a Bottle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Message_in_a_Bottle_%28song%29)"</td> <td>Police The Police (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Police)</td> <td>2 Guitar Hero II</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Lay Down (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lay_Down_%28song%29)"</td> <td>Priestess (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priestess_%28band%29)</td> <td>4 Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Killer Queen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Queen)"</td> <td>Queen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_%28band%29)</td> <td>1 Guitar Hero</td> </tr><tr> <td>"No One Knows (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_One_Knows)"</td> <td>Queens of the Stone Age (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queens_of_the_Stone_Age)</td> <td>1 Guitar Hero</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Killing in the Name (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_in_the_Name)"</td> <td>Rage Against the Machine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_Against_the_Machine)</td> <td>2 Guitar Hero II</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Round and Round (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round_and_Round)"</td> <td>Ratt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratt)</td> <td>3 Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Psychobilly Freakout (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychobilly_Freakout)"</td> <td>Reverend Horton Heat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Reverend_Horton_Heat)</td> <td>2 Guitar Hero II</td> </tr><tr> <td>"YYZ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YYZ_%28song%29)"</td> <td>Rush (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_%28band%29)</td> <td>2 Guitar Hero II</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Raining Blood (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raining_Blood)"</td> <td>Slayer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slayer)</td> <td>4 Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trippin%27_on_a_Hole_in_a_Paper_Heart)"</td> <td>Stone Temple Pilots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Temple_Pilots)</td> <td>2 Guitar Hero II</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Freya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freya_%28song%29)"</td> <td>Sword The Sword (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sword)</td> <td>2 Guitar Hero II</td> </tr><tr> <td>"I Wanna Rock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Wanna_Rock)"</td> <td>Twisted Sister (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twisted_Sister)</td> <td>3 Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Cherry Pie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_Pie_%28Warrant_song%29)"</td> <td>Warrant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrant_%28American_band%29)</td> <td>2 Guitar Hero II</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Thunder Kiss '65 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunder_Kiss_%2765)"</td> <td>White Zombie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Zombie)</td> <td>1 Guitar Hero</td> </tr><tr> <td>"Woman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woman_%28Wolfmother_song%29)"</td> <td>Wolfmother (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfmother)</td> <td>2 Guitar Hero II</td></tr></tbody></table>

SI

Young Drachma
05-12-2009, 08:43 PM
NCAA 10 will have Create-a-school via the internet (http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/04/27/ncaa-football-10-what-is-team-builder.aspx)

and also custom conferences. For me, that makes it a must-buy. And I generally can't stand console games. But inheriting a PS3 makes it a bit easier, of course.

kingnebwsu
05-12-2009, 09:33 PM
It will be interesting to see how our FOFC conferences will want to use (or not use) the custom school creator. I'd love to see my alma mater Wright State Raiders (who don't have a football team) beat the crap out of the Big Ten. Many people would say doing that wouldn't take much (bazinga!).

EagleFan
05-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Put in my deposit on UFC Undisputed. Have picked out the old games which I will be trading in towards it as well. Under a week to go!!!

DeToxRox
05-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Put in my deposit on UFC Undisputed. Have picked out the old games which I will be trading in towards it as well. Under a week to go!!!

Yep. Did that as well. Also paid off Fight Night Round 4. Talk about a great summer of violence.

Big Fo
05-13-2009, 07:20 AM
Punch-Out!!! has the best video game advertisement of 2009 so far:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dEaL8HqufFI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dEaL8HqufFI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

sterlingice
05-13-2009, 08:30 AM
That's pretty funny

The downside I've heard about it is that it's only 5 or so hours long to beat. I'm guessing that depends on how hard it is. If it's too hard, gamers now get frustrated whereas before you'd just button mash for hours. If it's too easy, you could beat the game in an hour or two, I'm guessing.

The sweet spot will be if they can come up with a game where you lose a few times to each fighter before being able to beat them, making the game about 10 hours long. But even that probably won't feel like you've gotten your money's worth unless there are other facets to the game.

I'm still definitely getting it, but it's probably going to have to go on sale for me to jump.

SI

Mizzou B-ball fan
05-13-2009, 08:41 AM
That's pretty funny

The downside I've heard about it is that it's only 5 or so hours long to beat. I'm guessing that depends on how hard it is. If it's too hard, gamers now get frustrated whereas before you'd just button mash for hours. If it's too easy, you could beat the game in an hour or two, I'm guessing.

The sweet spot will be if they can come up with a game where you lose a few times to each fighter before being able to beat them, making the game about 10 hours long. But even that probably won't feel like you've gotten your money's worth unless there are other facets to the game.

I'm still definitely getting it, but it's probably going to have to go on sale for me to jump.

SI

The impressions I've seen indicate that the single player mode is going to be relatively easy for the regular/hardcore gamer. Hopefully they have a tougher difficulty level in the works.

Big Fo
05-13-2009, 10:16 AM
re: Punch-Out length - this could be considered a spoiler

Once you beat the game the first time a new mode is unlocked. All the boxers have new patterns and even Glass Joe can mess you up apparently. That should add some time onto the single-player.

MizzouRah
05-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Yep Big Fo, that's what I've read also.

Greyroofoo
05-13-2009, 03:49 PM

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dEaL8HqufFI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dEaL8HqufFI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

reminds me of this video

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SiBER4iVwCw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SiBER4iVwCw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mustang
05-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Surprised they haven't done a Knock Out movie spoof yet...

Mizzou B-ball fan
05-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Dandy trailer from Uncharted 2. First one was a must-have game. I'll be picking this one up on release day as well.........

PS3 Video: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - ComputerAndVideoGames.com (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/video.php?id=2626)

Mizzou B-ball fan
05-20-2009, 07:16 AM
Nice little gem on PSN that was released last week. I hadn't heard anything about ZEN Pinball, but it's a really good game. Pinball physics are good and there is an online tournament mode included. Well worth the $10 purchase.

bhlloy
05-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Holy crap this sounds like the best sports console game ever... if they manage to implement this stuff on top of BAP properly.

hxxp://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/EA-Sports-embraces-first-person-fights-homer-fa?urn=nhl,164642#remaining-content

kingnebwsu
05-20-2009, 04:02 PM
I just wanted to chime in here on a little puzzle game called Peggle. It's on 360 Arcade, DS, and PC. Definitely the best puzzle game I've played in a long time. The best way to describe it is a combination of pachinko, pinball, and plinko (that's right...the Price is Right plinko). It's seriously amazing and I definitely recommend it to anyone to try. At least download the demo. I heart Peggle :)

89% on Metacritic

hxxp://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/peggle?q=peggle

Chubby
05-20-2009, 04:32 PM

<OBJECT height=340 width=560>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dEaL8HqufFI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></OBJECT></P>
nice, but I'll stick to my good ole Mike Tyson Punchout on NES downstairs until the battery in the cart dies :)

MJ4H
05-20-2009, 04:37 PM
1up.com gave Punchout for Wii a 100 out of 100 review score.

ColtCrazy
05-20-2009, 06:29 PM
I just wanted to chime in here on a little puzzle game called Peggle. It's on 360 Arcade, DS, and PC. Definitely the best puzzle game I've played in a long time. The best way to describe it is a combination of pachinko, pinball, and plinko (that's right...the Price is Right plinko). It's seriously amazing and I definitely recommend it to anyone to try. At least download the demo. I heart Peggle :)

89% on Metacritic

hxxp://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/peggle?q=peggle

Yep, it's been awhile since I've gotten so much mileage on a game so cheap. My 5 year old loves it and I find it to be the perfect relaxing game when I don't feel like getting into a longer type of game. I'm now addicted to clearing the boards completely of all the balls, not just the orange ones. It's an excellent game.

Mizzou B-ball fan
05-21-2009, 07:45 AM
Great news for PS3 owners who enjoy classic RPG's. Demon's Souls is being published in North America. It's received great reviews overseas. It's been a big import favorite.

PlayStation Insider - PSINext Discuss PS3, PS2, PSP - PS3 News (http://psinsider.e-mpire.com/index.php?categoryid=17&m_articles_articleid=1200)

MJ4H
05-21-2009, 06:16 PM
1up.com gave Punchout for Wii a 100 out of 100 review score.

Nintendo World Report follows suit and gives it a 10/10. Must be tons of fun. Can't wait for it.

sterlingice
05-21-2009, 09:50 PM
IGN gives it 8.8, Gamespot 8.5. Seems short but that's really the only complaint anyone has (oh and the play control if you use the Wii Fit board, which just wasn't going to work with something involving pattern matching and quick reactions). As soon as someone has it on sale, I'm there.

SI

Mizzou B-ball fan
05-22-2009, 06:59 AM
IGN gives it 8.8, Gamespot 8.5. Seems short but that's really the only complaint anyone has (oh and the play control if you use the Wii Fit board, which just wasn't going to work with something involving pattern matching and quick reactions). As soon as someone has it on sale, I'm there.

SI

It shouldn't be surprising to anyone that the game is relatively short. However, I'm not sure that being short is a terribly good reason to give a game a lower score. The perfect scores are just as ridiculous for that matter.

Greyroofoo
05-22-2009, 07:49 AM
I picked up a Wii and Punch Out last night.

Having a blast so far.

sterlingice
05-22-2009, 08:07 AM
It shouldn't be surprising to anyone that the game is relatively short. However, I'm not sure that being short is a terribly good reason to give a game a lower score. The perfect scores are just as ridiculous for that matter.

Yeah, I don't necessarily agree with the scores- I'll have to play to see. It's also not the reason I'm delaying buying the game either- that's just because I'm cheap ;)

SI

Mizzou B-ball fan
05-22-2009, 08:39 AM
As a sidenote, has anyone been bad enough to lose to Glass Joe in either version of the game?

***prepares mocking laugh***

Big Fo
05-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Yeah, I don't necessarily agree with the scores- I'll have to play to see. It's also not the reason I'm delaying buying the game either- that's just because I'm cheap ;)

Nintendo games take forever to drop in price, right now I'm waiting on some kind of deal on Excitebots.

For Punch Out the best I've seen is a $10 gift card at Best Buy or a $54 game/nunchuck combo at Target.

Mizzou B-ball fan
05-22-2009, 08:42 AM

SI

I'm sure that anyone that buys it will enjoy the game and get their money's worth. I just think the 'OMG, it got a perfect score - it must be awesome' comments are better reserved for a message board where rational thought isn't involved.

MJ4H
05-22-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm sure that anyone that buys it will enjoy the game and get their money's worth. I just think the 'OMG, it got a perfect score - it must be awesome' comments are better reserved for a message board where rational thought isn't involved.
:rolleyes:

stevew
05-22-2009, 10:34 AM
So, I need to walk back to the store and get punchout? I have no desire to exercise and play, so how is the button mashing aspect?

I'm sure it's old news, but Wii Sports Resort is available to pre order, and comes out July 26th.

Mustang
05-22-2009, 10:38 AM
it must be awesome' comments are better reserved for a message board where rational thought isn't involved.

About time you admit you aren't rational.

Mizzou B-ball fan
05-22-2009, 10:45 AM
About time you admit you aren't rational.

So true. :D

MJ4H
05-22-2009, 11:32 AM
So, I need to walk back to the store and get punchout? I have no desire to exercise and play, so how is the button mashing aspect?

I'm sure it's old news, but Wii Sports Resort is available to pre order, and comes out July 26th.

The preferred method of play is via buttons. You turn the controller sideways NES style.

Big Fo
05-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Instead of doing New Play Control releases like some of the old Gamecube games reworked for motion/IR controls, Nintendo is going to release Metroid Prime Triology on August 24. Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes are reworked for widescreen 480p graphics and the control scheme from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption which is also on the disk.

ign.com preview (http://wii.ign.com/articles/985/985793p1.html)

Naw, the game can be played old-school NES style. As for whether you need to walk back to the store or not that would depend on how much you liked the old games or puzzle/quick thinking types of games in general. In case you're unfamiliar with the series it's nothing like EA's Fight Night or any kind of boxing sim.

MJ4H
05-22-2009, 01:59 PM
wowowowow soooo good. (the Metroid thing)

SackAttack
05-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Nice little gem on PSN that was released last week. I hadn't heard anything about ZEN Pinball, but it's a really good game. Pinball physics are good and there is an online tournament mode included. Well worth the $10 purchase.

It's pissing me off right now. I love pinball games, but I'm clearly not very good at them, because this one, it seems like half the balls I hit rebound *just* right to drain out without an opportunity to save them. Especially coming down the left side instead of the middle where I at least have flippers.

So, to the pinball community at large, how in the hell do you avoid shit like that? I see 46 million point tables, and that doesn't happen just because of lucky bounces. What am I doing wrong?

Cringer
05-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Nobody playing inFamous yet? I traded Warzone 2 in this afternoon and got it for $30. Spent the rest of the afternoon playing it up until it was youth soccer time. Loving the game. Honestly the only thing I can complain about after 3 hours of play today is the fact that I was kind of hoping for a little longer opening "movie" scene. Not a big deal at all though, and I am sure plenty of people will be fine getting to gameplay quickly.

I just like how the whole thing is set up so far, and they have done a good job of mixing it up some so far. The ability upgrade system is nice, having to earn points to buy upgrades. Some things have been kind of easy, while others not so at all, a good mix I think especially while learning to play. I like how early on they kind of explain (or give an excuse for) how you are not able to get in cars because of the power. Being in water is also very interesting.

Just insanely fun so far, it was more then worth trading in Warzone 2 for. I liked that game, but so far inFamous is twice as fun for me. So far it's my game of the year, though I have much more playing to do, I admit.

Mizzou B-ball fan
05-28-2009, 06:53 AM
I liked that game, but so far inFamous is twice as fun for me. So far it's my game of the year, though I have much more playing to do, I admit.

inFamous is a fabulous game. I'm a huge fan of The Show, but from a non-sports perspective, it's going to be extremely difficult to top inFamous. I absolute LOVE the way the story is told in graphic novel form. Comic book geeks will eat this up.

Calis
05-28-2009, 06:59 AM
I might have to give inFamous a rental at some point. I must be in the minority that found the demo underwhelming. It looked snazzy and the powers were fun, but the world seemed kind of boring and I didn't care for the feel of the combat.

Should be a game right up my alley though, so maybe the full game will catch me more. I was looking forward to both this and Prototype.

I'll have to stop playing Undisputed long enough to try either of them though. :)

Cringer
05-28-2009, 08:54 AM
I might have to give inFamous a rental at some point. I must be in the minority that found the demo underwhelming. It looked snazzy and the powers were fun, but the world seemed kind of boring and I didn't care for the feel of the combat.

Should be a game right up my alley though, so maybe the full game will catch me more. I was looking forward to both this and Prototype.

I'll have to stop playing Undisputed long enough to try either of them though. :)

I didn't try the demo. What powers did they have for you to use? As I go on I am enjoying fighting more and more (woke up at 4 AM because of a storm and have played a couple hours this morning). The more powers I unlock, the more experience I gain, it is changing the way I fight. More variety of attacks, jumping around. The guys that disappear and pop up somewhere else are fun to fight. I just got the Precision ability and that is cool, like sniping with electricity.

Mizzou B-ball fan
05-28-2009, 08:58 AM
(woke up at 4 AM because of a storm and have played a couple hours this morning)

Anyone else find this irony amusing?

sterlingice
05-31-2009, 10:58 PM
E3 this week! That is all

SI

kingnebwsu
05-31-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm hoping that they'll officially announce harmony in Rock Band: Beatles. Even just 2 mics would be awesome. Four would blow my mind ;)

Madden Online dynasty will be big news when EA (officially) announces it.

Hopefully Microsoft will officially announce a release date for the Live Arcade version of Magic: The Gathering.

I'm looking forward to more info on Bioshock 2.

I'd like to see a release date for Max Payne 3, though I don't think it will come out until at least 2010.

I'm also really excited for the debut of 1 vs 100 on XBox Live tonight at 10:30 PM EST. Hopefully it's cool. I will be on Live tonight until it crashes the servers :)

Eaglesfan27
05-31-2009, 11:57 PM
Madden Online dynasty will be big news when EA (officially) announces it.
:)

EA conference is at 2PM tomorrow pacific. The news should be sometime tomorrow afternoon depending upon how long that conference is.

Big Fo
06-01-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm hoping for three games to be announced that seem interesting to me, if that happens E3 will be a success.

Mizzou B-ball fan
06-01-2009, 07:11 AM
EA conference is at 2PM tomorrow pacific. The news should be sometime tomorrow afternoon depending upon how long that conference is.

EA's conference is likely to be underwhelming just because there's likely to be no new information. They don't hold back information for events like this. They prefer to let a steady stream of info out through the whole development and testing process leading up to the release date.

Mizzou B-ball fan
06-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Dola-

I'm really interested to see Microsoft's presentation this afternoon (1:25 PM EDT). Sony's had quite a bit leaked before the show and Nintendo will obviously be showing off Wii Motion Plus, but we've heard hardly anything about Microsoft's plans. If they've got a big announcement hiding, they've done a great job of keeping it under wraps.

Mixed feedback from Eurogamer on the Wii Motion Plus.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/wii-motionplus-hands-on

More complaints from third party executives concerning the Wii's third-party sales. Honestly, I don't know why some of these executives are complaining at this point. Nintendo has made it clear that they are doing well with first party and hardware sales and who can blame them for continuing with that trend as long as it works? These third-party producers just need to continue to pull more mature titles to the other consoles (as this exec mentions they are already doing) and keep the kid/family titles on the Wii........

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/wii-is-a-nightmare-for-third-parties-says-thq-exec/

Kodos
06-01-2009, 09:55 AM
I know they scaled back E3 last year to some degree. Is it back to being huge this year?

Neon_Chaos
06-01-2009, 10:00 AM
I know they scaled back E3 last year to some degree. Is it back to being huge this year?

Yep.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Mizzou B-ball fan
06-01-2009, 10:00 AM

Yes, they got rid of E3 for All, which was the alternative show. It's now back to just E3 as the big show with tons of people invited.

Eaglesfan27
06-01-2009, 10:05 AM
EA's conference is likely to be underwhelming just because there's likely to be no new information. They don't hold back information for events like this. They prefer to let a steady stream of info out through the whole development and testing process leading up to the release date.

I agree. The only online information that is likely to be "new" is news of online franchises for Madden, and that has already leaked out. Still, it will be good to have it confirmed and get details such as how many people can play at once.

Mizzou B-ball fan
06-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Still, it will be good to have it confirmed and get details such as how many people can play at once.

I'm also interested to see how the matchmaking will be set up as far as whether solo and co-op play will each have their own areas or if there will be some mix of the two.

Eaglesfan27
06-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Actually, I'm also looking forward to improvements in franchise being more fully revealed. There is a rumor floating out there that the "extra point" show is the full NFL access crew doing a very detailed weekly wrap up in which you can skip through various segments if you choose (like College Hoops 2k8 did, except more detailed.)

Mizzou B-ball fan
06-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Actually, I'm also looking forward to improvements in franchise being more fully revealed. There is a rumor floating out there that the "extra point" show is the full NFL access crew doing a very detailed weekly wrap up in which you can skip through various segments if you choose (like College Hoops 2k8 did, except more detailed.)

The old NFL 2K5 highlights show at halftime and at the end of the game was always fantastic despite it being relatively low-tech. A highlights show for the various games each week would be a wonderful addition.

Where did you see that info/rumor?

RainMaker
06-01-2009, 10:27 AM
If they do a highlight show, I demand the old NFL Primetime music.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3TWerV60ITg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Kodos
06-01-2009, 10:28 AM
There's been some speculation about The Extra Point show over at Operation Sports forums.

Even 2k5 type presentation would be awesome. I loved that aspect of 2k5, but never particularly loved the gameplay.

RainMaker
06-01-2009, 10:28 AM
And this one.<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VXuXBLlfxRo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Eaglesfan27
06-01-2009, 10:36 AM
The old NFL 2K5 highlights show at halftime and at the end of the game was always fantastic despite it being relatively low-tech. A highlights show for the various games each week would be a wonderful addition.

Where did you see that info/rumor?

The info has been out there that there was a show for weeks if not months. Confirmed by Ian on twitter. However, there was some rumors generated in the last 24 hours about exactly what it entails. Like Kodos said, the discussion is over at OS.

Big Fo
06-01-2009, 10:41 AM
There's about an hour and forty-five minutes until Microsoft's conference. This is the second straight E3 where they were rumored to be coming out with a motion controller, maybe we'll see it this year.

Mizzou B-ball fan
06-01-2009, 10:45 AM
The info has been out there that there was a show for weeks if not months. Confirmed by Ian on twitter. However, there was some rumors generated in the last 24 hours about exactly what it entails. Like Kodos said, the discussion is over at OS.

Thanks. I don't frequent OS too often, so that's why I missed it. I'll check it out.

Mizzou B-ball fan
06-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Microsoft conference is starting.

Neon_Chaos
06-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Square announcement.

FF13 creator is speaker.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Neon_Chaos
06-01-2009, 01:00 PM
FIRST LOOK AT FF13 ON XBOX 360!

CleBrownsfan
06-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Is there somewhere online to watch E3?

Found one... (http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/microsoft-e3/)

Neon_Chaos
06-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Justin.tv - G4TV - LIVE at E3 2009: gaming,video games,video gaming,pc gaming,computer games,Gaming,Other Gaming (http://www.justin.tv/G4TV_E3)

Neon_Chaos
06-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Sequels announced for XBOX:

Crackdown 2
Left for Dead 2
Splinter Cell Conviction
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Big Fo
06-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Final Fantasy XIII due stateside Spring 2010

Neon_Chaos
06-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Splinter Cell Conviction just announced as XBOX 360 exclusive to be released Fall 09.

Neon_Chaos
06-01-2009, 01:50 PM
HIDEO KOJIMA on the XBOX 360 stage!!!!

Neon_Chaos
06-01-2009, 01:53 PM
MGS:Rising coming to the 360!!!

HOLY SHIT.

Kodos
06-01-2009, 01:54 PM
So now I can be stealth-bored on my 360 now? ;)

Mizzou B-ball fan
06-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Final Fantasy XIII due stateside Spring 2010

This gives us a good timeframe for FFXIII releases now. Japan will likely get this game in November/December 2009 exclusively on the PS3 with a multiplatform release on the 360/PS3 in NA/Europe in Spring 2010.

Big Fo
06-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Project Natal doesn't look convincing.

I hope the Raiden game isn't exclusive, a lot of the stuff shown in this conference has been multiplatform.

Neon_Chaos
06-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Peter Molyneaux is out. :D

cartman
06-01-2009, 02:14 PM
MGS:Rising coming to the 360!!!

HOLY SHIT.

yay, 4 hour cut scenes on the 360 FTW!!!

Mizzou B-ball fan
06-01-2009, 02:24 PM

I hope the Raiden game isn't exclusive, a lot of the stuff shown in this conference has been multiplatform.

MGS Rising is much like the FFXIII announcement last year. It's just going multiplatform. I wouldn't be shocked to see a similar arrangement in Japan to the FFXIII where the game remains a PS3 exclusive in Asia.

Big Fo
06-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Fight Night Round 4 looks awesome.

EA's Madden Online Franchise plug was hilarious, "Yeah there's an app for that."

MJ4H
06-01-2009, 05:10 PM
I laughed at that, too. By the way I can attest to the awesomeness of EA Sports Active. It's like this is the major leagues and Wii Fit was t-ball. I'm only on day 6 of the 30 day challenge and it has made me a true believer. I'd wager I will lose at least 15 pounds by the end of this challenge. But the real kicker is I'm already positive it has changed the way I look at exercising.

dawgfan
06-01-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm hoping that they'll officially announce harmony in Rock Band: Beatles. Even just 2 mics would be awesome. Four would blow my mind ;)
How about 3 mics?

This game looks awesome - simply stunning opening cinematic, and the background visuals in gameplay look fantastic. I'm going to try to resist the temptation to buy the new peripherals and just get the disk, but man those old guitars look really cool...

dawgfan
06-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Color me highly skeptical that it will work as well as they want you to think.

I'll give MS some credit for trying to think big and advance the technology, but I'm doubtful that the execution will match the ambition, and gamers will find themselves more often than not wanting an actual controller to manipulate.

IMO, they'd have been better off just admitting that the market has shown that motion-sensitive controllers are desirable, and rather than trying to make another quantum leap forward beyond the Wii controllers, they instead should've focused on doing a better version of the Wii controllers.

I predict a significant amount of complaints from users that their actions aren't consistently recognized by their Natal compatible games and wishing they had actual buttons to press and joysticks/wheels to manipulate and controllers to tilt and turn and wave around.

Big Fo
06-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Another problem they might have is price. Supposedly it will be $200 which is quite a bit considering a 360 costs that much at a minimum.

Even if the motion controls are better than the Wii you still lose quite a bit by not having a stick or any buttons at all. And the Wii has the IR pointer which has been better for gaming than motion controls have so far IMO.

MJ4H
06-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Not to mention it won't have very much of an advantage on Wii Motion Plus even if it works perfectly, anyway. But I agree with you about the IR pointer. (should change with WMP).

MizzouRah
06-01-2009, 09:39 PM
My kids are very excited for tomorrow's release of The Sims 3. Now they know how I feel when games like Rock Band and NHL get released. :)

Cringer
06-01-2009, 10:04 PM
My kids are very excited for tomorrow's release of The Sims 3. Now they know how I feel when games like Rock Band and NHL get released. :)

I will be picking it up in the morning for the wife. Our home office is officially closed tomorrow she told me.

kingnebwsu
06-01-2009, 11:53 PM

Three mics is pretty hot. This definitely exceeded my expectations. I don't know why I ever doubted Harmonix...they've never let me down. I'm just glad they went for it. Perfect game to introduce the harmony. Plus downloadable albums will be pretty sweet. Hopefully they don't omit any big Beatles songs from the main disc, though.

I'm also really excited for the debut of 1 vs 100 on XBox Live tonight at 10:30 PM EST. Hopefully it's cool. I will be on Live tonight until it crashes the servers :)

I just finished playing the Beta pilot episode. It was okay when I was alone...then I joined a party with some friends and it was a blast. I highly recommend this to anyone who even remotely enjoys trivia. Definitely best played with friends. The format moves very fast, too. They don't spend 5 minutes on the answer to a question. They definitely keep the game moving, which helps a lot. A few flaws, but overall the game has exceeded my admittedly high expectations. I'm bummed I won't be able to play on Saturday night's games...but I should be on for next weekend's games.

stevew
06-02-2009, 12:21 AM
EA should really do a Madden MMORPG. I bet something like that would really take off.

Big Fo
06-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Monday was cool for seeing some more info on games I was already interested in. During the Nintendo and Sony conferences today I want to see some new games.

spleen1015
06-02-2009, 07:04 AM
I hope Nintendo has some surprises around the big 3, Mario, Metroid and Zelda.

Mizzou B-ball fan
06-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Nintendo badly needs some surprises around the big 3, Mario, Metroid and Zelda.

Fixed.

Mizzou B-ball fan
06-02-2009, 07:09 AM
Color me highly skeptical that it will work as well as they want you to think.

I'll give MS some credit for trying to think big and advance the technology, but I'm doubtful that the execution will match the ambition, and gamers will find themselves more often than not wanting an actual controller to manipulate.

IMO, they'd have been better off just admitting that the market has shown that motion-sensitive controllers are desirable, and rather than trying to make another quantum leap forward beyond the Wii controllers, they instead should've focused on doing a better version of the Wii controllers.

I predict a significant amount of complaints from users that their actions aren't consistently recognized by their Natal compatible games and wishing they had actual buttons to press and joysticks/wheels to manipulate and controllers to tilt and turn and wave around.

Agree with all of this. I'm not terribly interested in any motion controllers at all on the PS3 or 360. With that said, the much better option was to copy-cat at this point in the life cycle. With the cost expected to be $150-200, it's going to flop badly. That's just too expensive for mass market consumers.

Monday was cool for seeing some more info on games I was already interested in. During the Nintendo and Sony conferences today I want to see some new games.

Sequel after sequel yesterday from Microsoft. I'm really hoping that Nintendo and Sony have some actual new games to bring to the market today.