PDA

View Full Version : FOOL Taking Applications...

Chief Rum
01-13-2009, 02:22 AM
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to take the time to point out that our fast sim OOTP league FOOL (FOOL league forum (http://operationsports.com/fofc/forumdisplay.php?f=68)) is looking for some new ownership.

It's an exciting and competitive league, run right here at FOFC, that sims a full baseball season in one week. It is run by Dark Cloud, who was also the league founder, and includes well known FOFC members such as Alan T, myself, Tasan and gstelmack.

It isn't for everyone--we may sim too fast for some people, as before you know it, a season's gone by, and you're at it again. But it's very involving and fun to compete in. Right now, coming off of the holidays and some OOTP patch issues that have now been cleared up, we're in a short lull and trying to get rolling again with a bit of a new era (we simmed a decade or so up, and essentially have new teams we're working on). So now is the time to get in and give it a shot.

Despite the fact that it has only been running since late April, FOOL has already put together more than 40 years of history. We are currently in the year 2003 (started in 1961), and we played all of it except for the recent stretch I mention above (we fast-simmed from 1989 to 2001 to get to the new era we're in now).

It's a very open league where we work to make changes that make sense for everyone, and where all owners can have fun. So give a look and apply if interested (see Stickied forums in FOOL subforum). Or you can PM Dark Cloud.

The problem with many OOTP leagues is, they take too long to get through a sim year, and it takes forever to build and re-build. That is not the case in FOOL. You could literally be raising the league trophy by week's end (although it's unlikely given how dominating Alan T can be--can you beat him? I am having troubles figuring it out. But I digress... :D).

I look forward to seeing some serious fast sim fans over there soon.