PDA

View Full Version : (Alleged) Eddy Curry: "Come and Touch It!"

Logan
01-13-2009, 03:29 PM
LIMO DRIVER DAVID KUCHINSKY ACCUSES KNICKS C EDDY CURRY OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT - New York Post (http://www.nypost.com/seven/01132009/news/regionalnews/knick_gets_called_for_sex_foul_149982.htm)

KNICK GETS CALLED FOR SEX FOUL
GUY DRIVER: EDDY PUT MOVES ON ME

Knick center Eddy Curry was slapped with a shocking sexual-harassment suit yesterday by his former driver, who claims the 6-foot-11 hoopster tried to solicit gay sex from him.

Stunning court papers charge that Curry, a married father of several kids, repeatedly approached chauffeur David Kuchinsky "in the nude," saying, "Look at me, Dave, look" and, "Come and touch it, Dave."

Curry, 26, also made Kuchinsky perform "humiliating tasks outside the scope of his employment, such as cleaning up and removing dirty towels [into which Curry had ejaculated] so that his wife would not see them," the Manhattan federal court suit says.

Kuchinsky, 36, who is straight and Jewish, also alleges racism, saying Curry hurled slurs at him, including "f- - - ing Jew," "cracker," "white slave," "white devil" and "grandmaster of the KKK."

Curry, a former Chicago Bull, said last night he was "shocked" at the allegations. "It's false, and everyone who knows me knows I'm not a racist," he said after the Knicks beat the Hornets in New Orleans. "I've never made a comment like that, playing, or nothing. . . . That's incredible, man."

The sexual allegations recall a 2006 lawsuit by Knicks marketing VP Anucha Browne Sanders, who claimed then-General Manager Isiah Thomas made advances on her. She settled for $11.5 million after winning at trial.

And in an episode reminiscent of some elements of the manslaughter case against former New Jersey Net star Jayson Williams - who fatally shot a limo driver - Kuchinsky's suit also claims Curry pointed a "fully loaded" gun at him on at least two occasions.

"Look, I have one in the chamber," Curry allegedly said.

Kuchinsky, who worked for Curry from October 2005 through October 2008, says he was hired as a 24/7 chauffeur for the hoop star and his family, and lived in the basement of their Chicago mansion.

But shortly after starting work, he "progressively became Curry's 'house-boy,' " his suit says.

He wants $98,000 plus compensatory damages from the Knick, whose contract pays him $9.4 million this year. Damage claims typically can go up to $5 million in state court, Kuchinsky's lawyer said.

Kuchinsky says he is owed $68,000 in unpaid wages, as well as $25,000 in expenses for which Curry never repaid him. Those expenses, he said, included cellphones that Curry had him buy as gifts and hotel and club bills. "Instead of paying him, they discriminated against him," said Kuchinsky's lawyer, Matthew Blit. "Imagine going into your boss' office . . . and he stands up and drops his pants and he asks you [to] take care of him."

Curry, who has played just 2 minutes, 38 seconds this season because of knee injuries, said last night that Kuchinsky had contacted a friend of his, "and every time, it was something different."

"First time, it was to curse me out," Curry said. "Second time, it was to apologize. Third time, it was 'If Eddy doesn't call me, I'm going to sue him.' I just never, ever thought it would go past what it did, which was just idle threats, money-or-else kind of stuff."

Curry's lawyer, Kelly Saindon, said Kuchinsky began making a series of claims for unpaid wages several months ago, upping the ante each time. Saindon said Curry took a chance on hiring Kuchinsky despite the driver's criminal record, which includes a three-year prison sentence for a 1992 burglary in New Jersey. He also got three years' probation in a 2004 resisting-arrest case in the Garden State, records show.

"It's shocking that Eddy opened his home to a convicted felon out of prison, and gave him a job when he couldn't find a job, and this is what comes out of it," Saindon said.

Kuchinsky's lawyer conceded his client's "troubled past," but said that was all behind him.

MikeVic
01-13-2009, 03:32 PM
hahaha

Klinglerware
01-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Awesome, looks like he's denying the racism part, but not the DL part...

MikeVic
01-13-2009, 03:46 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/01/02/eddy.curry.jpg

Abe Sargent
01-13-2009, 03:46 PM
I have more respect seeing him just sue for under 100k. Seems more like the guys wants actual compensation than some money grubber.

Abe Sargent
01-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Oh wait, nm, read it wrong.

CraigSca
01-13-2009, 03:48 PM
If this happened this often, I don't think it would be hard to come up with a tape where Eddie says some of this stuff to him. If there is no tape, sounds like a lot of hooey to me.

MylesKnight
01-13-2009, 03:55 PM
THE New York Knickerbockers... Always good for a laugh.

Mustang
01-13-2009, 04:21 PM
'Stunning court papers charge that Curry, a married father of several kids, repeatedly approached chauffeur David Kuchinsky "in the nude," saying, "Look at me, Dave, look" and, "Come and touch it, Dave.'

I really really really wish Curry's first name was Hal.

RainMaker
01-13-2009, 04:26 PM
I have more respect seeing him just sue for under 100k. Seems more like the guys wants actual compensation than some money grubber.

It's $98,000 plus compensatory damages. Compensatory damages are wher eyou get in the millions.

The guy is a convicted felon and seems like a shady character. The lawsuit sounds a little absurd. Absurd to the point that the guy is just looking for a quick settlement to get him to go away.

Young Drachma
01-13-2009, 04:32 PM
His allegations are over the top, to put it mildly. White devils? No one says that.

rkmsuf
01-13-2009, 04:32 PM
I have no problem believing curry is an asshat.

Would fit the Knick profile perfectly.

Mustang
01-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Awesome, looks like he's denying the racism part, but not the DL part...

Sounds like a poll question.. would you rather have a rumor spread about you that you are racist or gay.

MylesKnight
01-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Solid unintentional comedy by Curry, calling (allegedly) a Jewish guy, "grandmaster of the KKK."

rkmsuf
01-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Solid unintentional comedy by Curry, calling (allegedly) a Jewish guy, "grandmaster of the KKK."

makes the whole thing 100% true

dervack
01-13-2009, 06:44 PM
My one and only experience with Eddy Curry was when I was working for Xbox as a marketing rep and walking through a mall near Deerfield. A.J. Guyton and Curry were walking through the mall, saw the Xbox shirt I had on and preceeded to badger me about getting a free console. Guyton, I can see not being able to afford one. Curry, not so much.

RainMaker
01-13-2009, 07:50 PM
My one and only experience with Eddy Curry was when I was working for Xbox as a marketing rep and walking through a mall near Deerfield. A.J. Guyton and Curry were walking through the mall, saw the Xbox shirt I had on and preceeded to badger me about getting a free console. Guyton, I can see not being able to afford one. Curry, not so much.
I've got a couple Eddy Curry stories.

Took my nephew to a practice/shootaround with the Bulls. It was open to season ticket holders and they would sign autographs and stuff. Everyone was nice for the most part. Curry was the only player who wouldn't sign autographs for the kids. He signed a couple at first and then sat in the corner behind the barricades and talked on his cell phone for like an hour. I would add that Chris Duhon is by far the nicest player we met, he teased my nephew for wearing a North Carolina hat (he was 8 or 9).

The other is at a DMV. He showed up with Jamal Crawford and some other player who got cut that year (can't remember his name). Curry had his hair all puffed out, it was ridiculous. He went up to the front of the line and asked the lady in charge if he could cut in front. They let him. It was memorable because it's a nice suburb that is mostly white. In walks a 7 foot 325 pound black man with a crazy afro.

MikeVic
01-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Hey, so Curry brings back rkmsuf?

The Afoci
01-13-2009, 11:25 PM
You should try some method that would draw them to it naturally.

I got nothing.

Neuqua
01-14-2009, 01:27 AM
I've ran into Chris Duhon plenty of times at clubs, the guy can drink.

Sgran
01-14-2009, 12:53 PM
He worked for Curry for 3 years. yet he never bothered to quit. hmm

MikeVic
01-14-2009, 12:59 PM
The Afoci too!

Pumpy Tudors
01-14-2009, 01:46 PM
I can't touch it if I can't find it! awwww snap

rkmsuf
01-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Hey, so Curry brings back rkmsuf?

please fuck my monkey

BishopMVP
01-14-2009, 06:33 PM
"It's shocking that Eddy opened his home to a convicted felon out of prison, and gave him a job when he couldn't find a job, and this is what comes out of it," Saindon said.Is that a lawyer or a message board commenter?

M GO BLUE!!!
01-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Curry just somehow seems to have bad karma or something.

Former girlfriend of New York Knicks' Eddy Curry found slain in Chicago - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3859358)

CHICAGO -- A woman found shot to death in an apartment was a former girlfriend of New York Knicks player Eddy Curry and the mother of his 3-year-old son, Curry's attorney said Sunday.

A relative found the bodies of Nova Henry, 24, and her 9-month-old daughter, Ava, in their apartment Saturday evening, Chicago police spokeswoman Monique Bond said. Both died from multiple gunshot wounds, the Cook County medical examiner's office said Sunday.

Curry's 3-year-old son was found unharmed at the scene. Curry is a former player for the Chicago Bulls.

NoMyths
01-25-2009, 05:02 PM
I don't give much consideration to bad karma. But try to put yourself in the place he's got to be with how this month has gone: utter sadness.

Groundhog
01-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Poor Curry. I'd like to say that he'll rebound from all this, but I think we all know that's not going to happen. :(

CraigSca
01-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Horrible. How depraved must you be to shoot a 9-month old?