PDA

View Full Version : Steam and patches (WWSM 09).

SackAttack
01-14-2009, 06:41 PM
So my copy of WWSM 09 is currently at 9.1.something.

I see there's a 9.2 patch out there, but I can't find any kind of a 'look for updates' link, either within steam or on the main menu of WWSM. Is there something I'm missing?

Am I able to download the patch directly from SI without causing problems?

SirFozzie
01-14-2009, 06:48 PM

I see there's a 9.2 patch out there, but I can't find any kind of a 'look for updates' link, either within steam or on the main menu of WWSM. Is there something I'm missing?

should auto-patch. Did you try right click on the game and choose "look for updates" or something similar?

Alan T
01-14-2009, 06:49 PM

Just launch the game once from within steam and it will auto-update for you. Then you can close it and steam down and go back to running the game from outside of steam.

It detects that there is a patch and that you aren't running the latest version for you.

Sweed
01-14-2009, 06:51 PM

I launch the game from a desktop shortcut without running steam. To get the game to auto update I just started steam and launched the game from there. Game updated in about 4 minutes, then went back to running the game without steam. No problems.

As far as finding the patch with your steam app, IIRC click on wwsm in your games list and then properties in the lower right corner. This brings a pop up box and one of the tabs at the top is to update. It lets you set the game to auto update or to not allow steam to auto update.

Hope that helps.

With regard to the SI patch. If you bought the game from steam you can only use the steam patch. If you bought the disk version and activated through steam then I am not sure, but for safeties sake I think I would stick with the steam patch.

SackAttack
01-14-2009, 06:52 PM
should auto-patch. Did you try right click on the game and choose "look for updates" or something similar?

Couldn't find an option for that, which is why I came here.

Just launch the game once from within steam and it will auto-update for you. Then you can close it and steam down and go back to running the game from outside of steam.

It detects that there is a patch and that you aren't running the latest version for you.

The one thing I didn't try. I didn't want to change the shortcut back to having the Steam overlay, but if I launched it from within Steam...good call. Yup. Thanks, everybody!

samifan24
01-14-2009, 11:34 PM
FWIW, I tried to download the 9.2 patch but it would not install. I downloaded the patch without a problem, Mac OS X told me that the game was updated to 9.2 but the game still says 9.1. I posted this question in the WWSM thread and someone suggested that the game might've updated but that the title screen, which displays which version you're using, did not.

SackAttack
01-14-2009, 11:46 PM
eh, the title screen isn't what showed me the version. looking at the version details of the .exe did, and when I start a new game now, I get the 9.2.0 database option, which wasn't there before.

Antmeister
04-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Uh.....this game is available for $15 on Steam this weekend. Woot!

Cringer
04-17-2009, 08:38 PM
WWSM 09 is $15 this weekend? Nice tip, I think I will get for myself for my b-day. :D

Eaglesfan27
04-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the tip. That will push me to purchase it this weekend. :)

Shepp
04-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Actually 9.3.0 is the latest version.

finketr
04-20-2009, 10:11 AM
it still is $15 as of this morning.