PDA

View Full Version : some Cardinals fans aren't too bright

Lathum
01-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Donovan McNabb's yard vandalized by Arizona Cardinals fans - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3847672)

CHANDLER, Ariz. -- Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb recently had to play defense at his offseason home in Chandler.

Two Arizona Cardinals fans hung their team's flag in a tree and burned "Go Cards," "Go Kurt" and "I heart AZ" in McNabb's yard with diesel fuel, Chandler police Sgt. Joe Favazzo said Tuesday.

Favazzo said the fans hung the flag Thursday, and McNabb laughed it off and even left it hanging.

Then the fans returned Saturday and left a cardboard box in the driveway with "Go Cards" written on one side and "Beat Philly" on the other. McNabb laughed that off, too, when he discovered it at about midnight, Favazzo said.

But McNabb stopped laughing when he went outside Saturday morning, smelled diesel fuel and realized someone had burned Cardinals cheers into his lawn, causing about $2,000 in damage.

Favazzo said officers found an address label on the box that had been left, and it led to Chandler resident Rex Perkins, 37, who later admitted to the pranks.

His co-worker, Ryan Hanlon, 28, also admitted to the pranks.

Perkins and Hanlon were fingerprinted, photographed and cited for misdemeanor criminal damage.

"When they decided to get diesel fuel out and start damaging the yard, they crossed the line," Favazzo said.

The Cardinals beat the Eagles on Sunday in the NFC Championship Game to advance to the Feb. 1 Super Bowl in Tampa, Fla.

Izulde
01-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Some posters aren't too bright either. ;)

Lathum
01-20-2009, 10:06 PM
touche

fixed

Lathum
01-20-2009, 10:06 PM
dola- way to make fun of my lerning disability

stevew
01-20-2009, 10:10 PM
The Cards have fans? Thomkal and ?

Dr. Sak
01-20-2009, 10:10 PM
They've got me for 2 weeks

M GO BLUE!!!
01-20-2009, 10:58 PM
They didn't even leave a ticking clock in the box? Morons...

RendeR
01-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Mee two.

Matthean
01-21-2009, 07:19 AM
Had a similar situation happen to me during high school. I woke up for school and my Mom told me to look at my car. Somebody filled it with balloons, newspaper, etc. I'm wondering who the hell does such a thing versus the standard, soap, eggs, etc. I get so far down into cleaning it out when I see a piece of mail. Get to school a little late when two girls are right by my locker and giggling. I pull out the mail and start reading the address. Needless to say the one's mouth suddenly drops open and asks where I got it. I tell her where and start laughing my butt off.

Thomkal
01-21-2009, 09:02 AM
The Cards have fans? Thomkal and ?

I swear I was nowhere near Arizona at the time of this incident. And I would at least have been smart enough to not leave a box with my name and address on it. :) I'm glad McNabb laughed off the earlier incidents with the flag and the box, but yeah burning his lawn is a bit too far.

Sun Tzu
01-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Classic.

DaddyTorgo
01-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Had a similar situation happen to me during high school. I woke up for school and my Mom told me to look at my car. Somebody filled it with balloons, newspaper, etc. I'm wondering who the hell does such a thing versus the standard, soap, eggs, etc. I get so far down into cleaning it out when I see a piece of mail. Get to school a little late when two girls are right by my locker and giggling. I pull out the mail and start reading the address. Needless to say the one's mouth suddenly drops open and asks where I got it. I tell her where and start laughing my butt off.

:confused: so the girls did it? were either of them hot? did you bend them over and spank them in punishment??

so many unanswered questions...

Taur
01-21-2009, 09:36 AM
They should have left a Lite-Brite of a Cardinal giving the finger. That would have shut down the entire city of CHANDLER, Ariz and caused McNabb to lose days of sleep as the Boston Bomb squad was flown in to investigate. :)

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Site_Graphic/2007/02/01/1170339719_3275.jpg

sterlingice
01-21-2009, 09:49 AM
They should have left a Lite-Brite of a Cardinal giving the finger. That would have shut down the entire city of CHANDLER, Ariz and caused McNabb to lose days of sleep as the Boston Bomb squad was flown in to investigate. :)

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Site_Graphic/2007/02/01/1170339719_3275.jpg

GOLD :D

(I especially like how it would be the Boston bomb squad who would investigate and shut down the city)

SI

flere-imsaho
01-21-2009, 09:52 AM
McNabb lives in Arizona in the offseason?

hukarez
01-21-2009, 10:48 AM
McNabb lives in Arizona in the offseason?

I was thinking the same thing too!