PDA

View Full Version : Change!

DanGarion
01-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Oh my god there is so much change! They just paved the streets in my city with gold and chocolate milk flows from my faucets now!

Wow this new presidency has already brought along so much change!!!!!

Heck I have like 93 cents in my pocket! TALK ABOUT CHANGE! WOOHOOOOOOO.

RendeR
01-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Bitter much?

Lathum
01-20-2009, 10:09 PM
awesome.

DanGarion
01-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Bitter much?

No not really, I voted for Obama. I just think it's funny that people really think there is going to be change...

Surtt
01-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Well, the cardinals are in the super bowl.
That is a pretty big change and I can't help but feel Obama is some how responsible.

RendeR
01-20-2009, 10:16 PM
The change will come, but I do think its going to be more long term than immediate in coming. It does get a bit ridiculous listening to some of the constant chaterboxes go on and on about it though.

I just hope people don't think the economy is just going to flip flop back to a boom time again because Obama's now actually running things, its gonna take another 2-3 years before we really see a major turn around financially in this country.

Dr. Sak
01-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks for reminding me that Tuesday nights are the nights I change my underwear. I almost forgot!

DanGarion
01-20-2009, 10:19 PM
The change will come, but I do think its going to be more long term than immediate in coming. It does get a bit ridiculous listening to some of the constant chaterboxes go on and on about it though.

I just hope people don't think the economy is just going to flip flop back to a boom time again because Obama's now actually running things, its gonna take another 2-3 years before we really see a major turn around financially in this country.

I love that now that Obama is president that I don't have to pay for the home I just bought and I won't have to work, it's awesome!

KWhit
01-21-2009, 07:48 AM
The change is all in the perspective that is brought to the office and the small decisions that will be made differently over the entire term.

For instance, I do believe that Obama has a stronger respect for science than faith and will use that in his decision making. I also believe that he believes that the US must work more WITH the other governments of the world rather than unilaterally. I also believe that it's his opinion that "rich get richer, poor get poorer" has got to stop.

Those are all pretty big philosophical differences between him and the Bush administration. Will those differences result in immediate, significant, visible change? Not right away. But over time, I believe they will result in a much different country 4 years from now than if we had the same Bush policies or philosophy in place.

Obama has a tough task in front of him. I look forward to seeing how he faces it.

larrymcg421
01-21-2009, 07:56 AM
I haven't got my check yet. Anyone else?

sachmo71
01-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Well, the cardinals are in the super bowl.
That is a pretty big change and I can't help but feel Obama is some how responsible.

this is good.

Klinglerware
01-21-2009, 08:51 AM

Wasn't Bush the guy who gave out the checks?

molson
01-21-2009, 09:01 AM

The economy changes up/down every few years even before Obama. I think the advertised change is more than normal economic cycles.

I spent some time yesterday reading Obama's "agenda" on whitehouse.gov. It seems like everything is a "top priority". If he can really fix everything to the degree he claims, he'll be the greatest president ever and it wouldn't even be close. I'd love to see it happen.

DanGarion
01-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Yeah I got mine right here, $10,573 for the month.

sterlingice
01-21-2009, 09:35 AM
Yeah I got mine right here, $10,573 for the month.

Ah, now we know why you're bitter. You're going to be first in line for the inevitable tax hike on the rich ;)

SI

M GO BLUE!!!
01-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Makes you wanna hustle!

MizzouRah
01-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Wait a minute... chocolate milk flows from your faucets?

DO NOT let my 6 year old read this... :)

Pumpy Tudors
01-21-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm still waiting for my black president check to arrive.

JediKooter
01-21-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm waiting for Pumpy to be on the new 10 dollar bill. If you present a Pump, or PT, or a P ducket AND you have a mustache, you get an additional 10% off your purchases.

jeff061
01-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Everyone gathered around the screen at my office yesterday to watch the show and eat pizza. The nature of my business means my workplace is very very liberal, so this is a joyous time.

I snuck down, grabbed some pizza and went back to work. Bush never got me free pizza. Fuck you George W. Bush.

duckman
01-21-2009, 12:28 PM
It was pretty amazing seeing Tim Tebow circumcise six babies, turn the Potomac River into wine, and helped the Savior Obama descend into Heaven.

Then the LSD wore off and I was fine. :D

Rizon
01-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Speaking of change, I need some quarters for the laundry machines.

jeff061
01-21-2009, 01:03 PM
I used to need quarters. Then my machine changed to a card reader.

Crim
01-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Everyone gathered around the screen at my office yesterday to watch the show and eat pizza. The nature of my business means my workplace is very very liberal, so this is a joyous time.

I snuck down, grabbed some pizza and went back to work. Bush never got me free pizza. Fuck you George W. Bush.

Pretty damn funny.

Anthony
01-21-2009, 09:29 PM
The change is all in the perspective that is brought to the office and the small decisions that will be made differently over the entire term.

For instance, I do believe that Obama has a stronger respect for science than faith and will use that in his decision making. I also believe that he believes that the US must work more WITH the other governments of the world rather than unilaterally. I also believe that it's his opinion that "rich get richer, poor get poorer" has got to stop.

Those are all pretty big philosophical differences between him and the Bush administration. Will those differences result in immediate, significant, visible change? Not right away. But over time, I believe they will result in a much different country 4 years from now than if we had the same Bush policies or philosophy in place.

this level of "long term", incremental change is no different than what we would've got if your fucking neighbor was voted president. i'm sorry, when your entire campaign is "CHANGE!" and you say you're ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work on changing things you kinda don't get the benefit of "but over time..." or "small decisions that will be made differently over the entire term". these are things that would've happened no matter who was voted president.

i think all along "change" meant "no more old whiteboy cookie-cutter network being elected president". if that's the case then things have indeed changed. what's that gonna do to my bottom line? that's the only thing i care about.