PDA

View Full Version : VoIP... Packet8

Doug5984
01-21-2009, 10:53 AM
At my office we are in the process of upgrading our phone system, and my boss had the idea of going to VoIP- small office 6 people. He found Packet8, I've read mixed reviews, cnet gave it 4 stars, but the user review was 2. Does anyone here have any experience with them?
Any experience with any of the VoIP services for small business?

They are based in California and seem pretty legit, and for the price it's almost worth taking a gamble.

MacroGuru
01-21-2009, 11:04 AM
At my office we are in the process of upgrading our phone system, and my boss had the idea of going to VoIP- small office 6 people. He found Packet8, I've read mixed reviews, cnet gave it 4 stars, but the user review was 2. Does anyone here have any experience with them?
Any experience with any of the VoIP services for small business?

They are based in California and seem pretty legit, and for the price it's almost worth taking a gamble.

We never had any problems at the office here with them.

Doug5984
01-21-2009, 05:49 PM
We never had any problems at the office here with them.

That's good to hear- I read a lot of bad reviews about them, so not sure if we'd want to go that route. Seems like some people experience issues where they get no service at all. At a small accounting firm, an outage would kill us at the wrong time.

It looks like Jive & Nextiva are tops in the VoIP market when it comes to small business. Anyone have any success with these? We are thinking of making the switch to save money, and improve our current features. Plus the ability to take the phone, and work from home is big for us.

We're up in the air on this. Was really just seeing if anyone had used any of these with any success.

A-Husker-4-Life
01-21-2009, 06:42 PM
It's a fair product, we use it at our office. I have to tell yeah, their customer service is pretty bad.

cartman
01-21-2009, 06:55 PM
We use Voicepulse.com for our small office. We've been using it for almost a year without any issues.

Alan T
01-24-2009, 09:41 AM
I just saw this come up and it made me think of this thread. I don't have any experience with Packet8 myself so don't have much good or bad to say about them.

Packet 8 Suffers DNS Related Outage - Some customers still offline due to DNS configuration screwup - dslreports.com (http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Packet-8-Suffers-DNS-Related-Outage-100411)