PDA

View Full Version : iPod Nano Settlement

jeheinz72
01-22-2009, 06:02 PM
http://www.ipodnanosettlement.com/index.html (http://www.ipodnanosettlement.com/index.html)

Are things things typically bogus or should I fill out the thing and get $25 free bucks?

gstelmack
01-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Well, you'll probably get the $25, but they're bogus because the lion's share of the settlement goes to the lawyers who brought it. Usually the money isn't worth my time and the risk of getting on some mailing list. But $25 is also more than typical...

samifan24
01-22-2009, 06:11 PM
If it sounds too good to be true...

DanGarion
01-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Fist question do you actually have a Nano? :)

Raiders Army
01-22-2009, 07:00 PM
In the Lawsuit, Plaintiffs claim that the First Generation iPod nano contained a design or manufacturing defect that resulted in excessive scratching. Plaintiffs also claim that Apple failed to disclose the scratching issue and breached the warranties associated with the iPod nano.
Scratching? I'd rather have somebody do a class action lawsuit against EA for the atrocity that was Madden 08.

In a class action, one or more people, called Class Representatives (in this case Carey Calado, Roxanne Povio, Clark Sioson, John Valencia, Samuel Allred, Hurr Baqri, Jason Moschella, David Singer, Eli Kahan, Leonard Rappel, and Danny Williamson), sue on behalf of people who have alleged similar claims.
These people must really hate Apple..

Apple has agreed to provide a total cash settlement fund of $22.5 million (the “Fund”) in full settlement of the claims of the Settlement Class. The Fund shall include all payments or other consideration to the Settlement Class; Class Counsel’s attorneys’ fees and expenses; any incentive fees to named Plaintiffs; and all administration costs and costs of notice.
$22.5 million???

digamma
01-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Well, you'll probably get the $25, but they're bogus because the lion's share of the settlement goes to the lawyers who brought it.

Someone else doing something for you that you would have never, ever done yourself and for which you get some marginal benefit is bogus because they get paid for their efforts?

Klinglerware
01-23-2009, 11:37 AM
If it sounds too good to be true...

It's probably legit. I got my 18 bucks or whatever from that CD price-fixing settlement...

CU Tiger
01-23-2009, 11:59 AM
well opt in better be pretty low... $22.5 mm The lawyers taking 25% BARE MIN... leaves $16.9M Only leaves about 650k $25 checks....Im betting many more than that were sold, and we havent even considered the class principals who probably nbet 1mm each