PDA

View Full Version : Underworld Series

Edward64
01-24-2009, 09:20 AM
Haven't seen it yet but with the release of Rise of the Lycans it got me thinking about how great this series has been so far.

Here's the wiki
Underworld (2003 film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underworld_(2003_film))

Its a great vampire, werewolf movie that doesn't pretend to be anything else. The action, costumes, scenery, special effects etc. are great.

The classic scene from Underworld 1 which I loved was when Kate sliced off the head of Viktor at the end (IMO, equal par to Kill Bill's concluding fight scene ... Oh uh ... I just realized I have an issue with the destruction of heads as I really liked Highlander and Zombie movies!).

Any other fans out there?

wade moore
01-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Where is the trout option?

I've never even considered watching these movies.

jeff061
01-24-2009, 09:35 AM
One of those that are entertaining but I don't know if I'd define as good.

Kate Beckinsale is the hottest woman on the planet, that also sways my opinion.

Edward64
01-24-2009, 09:39 AM

Sorry, don't see an option to add to an existing poll?

Check it out at your local BB or Netflix.

Kodos
01-24-2009, 10:42 AM
I enjoyed them for Kate Beckinsale's presence. I will be skipping the new one, since she is only shown in takeouts from previous films. There is certainly worse crap out there.

stevew
01-24-2009, 10:45 AM

Plus one. I voted pretty bad since there was no trout.

Lathum
01-24-2009, 11:10 AM
I know there is another one coming out, is that the second one or third?

Edward64
01-24-2009, 11:47 AM
I know there is another one coming out, is that the second one or third?
Its the third.

Didn't realize that Kate wasnt' in it ... checked out some summaries she isn't. I'm going to have to watch it anyway.

Raiders Army
01-24-2009, 12:24 PM
The first was surprisingly good as it had a nice unexpected twist to it that you wouldn't expect in a horror/action movie. The second was a little over-the-top but the story was okay. That's why I gave the series just okay.

Underworld: Pretty good
Underworld: Evolution: Just okay

This next one based on previews and knowing it's a prequel: Pretty bad

Although I did hear there was an interesting twist to it.

Surtt
01-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Underworld/Underworld: Evolution [2 Discs] - DVD

The first two are on sale as a 2 pack at Bestbuy this week for $12.99.
Not sure for how long.

cougarfreak
01-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Anything that includes Kate Beckinsale, count me in.

Edward64
01-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Underworld/Underworld: Evolution [2 Discs] - DVD

The first two are on sale as a 2 pack at Bestbuy this week for $12.99.
Not sure for how long.
Already bought the DVDs but when I get Blu-Ray (For BF, got a 40inch LCD but why didn't I go for the $129 Walmart special!) this will be on my list.

I did read some reviews on rotten tomatoes and its at 38%. So maybe when it comes out on DVD.
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/underworld_rise_of_the_lycans/)

Honolulu_Blue
01-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Kated Beckinsale in leather pants is all good. Still, I only saw the first one and while it had some cool moments and elements, ultimately it was pretty bad.

flere-imsaho
01-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Good pulpy entertainment, and having Kate Beckinsale is an added bonus.

Grammaticus
01-24-2009, 11:13 PM
I enjoyed them for Kate Beckinsale's presence. I will be skipping the new one, since she is only shown in takeouts from previous films. There is certainly worse crap out there.

You should check it out for Rhona Mitra. She is Kate jr. You can also see her in Doomsday.

Drake
01-25-2009, 12:02 AM
Anything that includes Kate Beckinsale, count me in.

+1