PDA

View Full Version : PC Replay Baseball Game Blog

Galaril
01-25-2009, 06:24 PM
The first blog entry for the upcomming Replay Baseball game for PC is up on the new site for anyone interested in historical baseball replays. This is new version of the popular baseball board game so no career mode or fictional simmers will be interested. I find the replay games to be aming the best if not the best of replay sports games.
PC Replay Baseball (http://pcreplaybaseball.blogspot.com/)

JonInMiddleGA
01-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Have they mentioned, or even hinted at, cost yet?

rowech
01-25-2009, 06:32 PM
No.

Galaril
01-25-2009, 07:04 PM
The board game is $60 so.........and I am thinking around $50 but who knows. I will definitely be buying it as well as the board game so I can play out the full team shedule for the team I am choosing and just quick play the rest of the leagues team schedules. I figure with all the money I am saving by not buying Baseball Mogul, and OOTP which are always wastes of money I can purchase this each year.

rowech
01-25-2009, 08:04 PM
My guess is that the computer game with the 2008 season will be somewhere between 50 and 75 with seasons costing 20-25 for purchase....just a hunch though.

Philliesfan980
01-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Looks good. I've just gotten back into the Tabletop gaming scene @ Delphi. I've never played Replay, but I'll pretty much buy anything that Richard puts out - Second and Ten is amazing.

JonInMiddleGA
01-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Looks good. I've just gotten back into the Tabletop gaming scene @ Delphi. I've never played Replay, but I'll pretty much buy anything that Richard puts out - Second and Ten is amazing.

Until you made that reference, I had no idea that's who was doing this.

One thing I'll say about it (in that case) is that, assuming Replay is cooperative, the game will ultimately do a remarkable job of recreating the tabletop experience but making it easier to enjoy.

PadresFan104
01-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks for posting this over here Galaril. I would guess that the majority of people that follow this forum are more interested in career sims, but I really expect that this game is going to be a lot of fun.

I've been doing a little bit of sound work for Richard for this game, so I'm really hoping that the game is received well and that it appeals to baseball fans, and not just folks familiar with the board game.

Galaril
01-26-2009, 01:10 AM
Thanks for posting this over here Galaril. I would guess that the majority of people that follow this forum are more interested in career sims, but I really expect that this game is going to be a lot of fun.

I've been doing a little bit of sound work for Richard for this game, so I'm really hoping that the game is received well and that it appeals to baseball fans, and not just folks familiar with the board game.

Not a problem. I have for a while thought more people here might really like the whole historical replay scene board game or PC if they only gave it fair try like I did. And now I can't stop playing various replay baord games.

Galaril
01-31-2009, 01:27 AM
For anyone that cares about historical baseball replays/ baord games the second Blog by the developer Richard of SAT football fame, for the new Replay Babseball Pc game is up. It talks about the AI.

PC Replay Baseball (http://pcreplaybaseball.blogspot.com/)

Galaril
03-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Here is a more detailed view of a bunch of the in game screens. It lloks alot like the baseball career sims(ootp.,puresim etc). They are getting close to release.

Galaril
05-03-2009, 02:35 PM
The 5th blog posted for the soon to be released Replay baseball this one could be a Diamond Mind killer from the way it is shaping up. I guess a s long as it doesn't cost and arm and a leg to get the game and a season.

Philliesfan980
05-03-2009, 03:14 PM
The 5th blog posted for the soon to be released Replay baseball this one could be a Diamond Mind killer from the way it is shaping up. I guess a s long as it doesn't cost and arm and a leg to get the game and a season.

You're probably right about the overall program having the potential to be better than DMB, but from what I've read, the list of seasons being released at the beginning is fairly small.

DMB V10 is coming out soon, so we'll have to see.

rowech
05-03-2009, 03:46 PM
You're probably right about the overall program having the potential to be better than DMB, but from what I've read, the list of seasons being released at the beginning is fairly small.

DMB V10 is coming out soon, so we'll have to see.

Should be 10 seasons or so around launch.

Philliesfan980
05-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Should be 10 seasons or so around launch.

Right, that's a low number of seasons available in my opinion. Replay has a quality product though, that's for sure. If the season you're interested in playing is available, it's probably going to be the product to use.

I wonder how quickly they'll be able to release more seasons?

rowech
05-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Right, that's a low number of seasons available in my opinion. Replay has a quality product though, that's for sure. If the season you're interested in playing is available, it's probably going to be the product to use.

I wonder how quickly they'll be able to release more seasons?

He has 5-10 seasons that are in the old format that he plans on doing first. My guess is those will be done by Christmas and then he can focus on cranking out new seasons.

PadresFan104
05-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Hey guys, so I'm the guy that did all "Replay Radio" sounds for the game. I've also been supporting Richard with various other sounds and some minor graphics. I'll try and answer any questions you may have as we near the "mid-May" target for launch.

I can start by confirming that there will be 8 seasons available when the game launches, but I'll let Pete at Replay announce the details when he is ready.

PadresFan104
05-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Ok, looks like Pete has let the cat out of the bag over on the Delphi Forums...

So we're starting with 8 seasons, including 1964, 1967, 1971, 1984, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008.

We'll be figuring out how to get all of 1908 and 1923NNL (and other recently-published full seasons) but we'd like to get all players rated when we bring these in to allow for the above.

We'll also be bringing in the decades great teams, but I think Richard would like to make sure these can work well with AI lineup selection, scheduling, etc. before we do that, since they can't work from real-life schedules, lineups, or transactions.

Galaril
05-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Ok, looks like Pete has let the cat out of the bag over on the Delphi Forums...

So we're starting with 8 seasons, including 1964, 1967, 1971, 1984, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008.

We'll be figuring out how to get all of 1908 and 1923NNL (and other recently-published full seasons) but we'd like to get all players rated when we bring these in to allow for the above.

We'll also be bringing in the decades great teams, but I think Richard would like to make sure these can work well with AI lineup selection, scheduling, etc. before we do that, since they can't work from real-life schedules, lineups, or transactions.

First off Replay is atop notch product (baseball board) but like other's I will have to do a wait and see on seasons since I have roughly 15 seasons of interest to me and none of them are being offered:( It really boils down to for me if you like seasons in the 1960s or some 2000 years you should be happy but for us who enjoy older seasons (1940,1927,1941,1934,1930,1911,1908) you are out of luck for the forseeable future. I did not know DMB was coming out with v10. I hated the old interface so if they have streamlined the game and don't require you to download seperate modules like before I may take alook. I also heard that the new game owner of DMB was more interested in mkaing the game somekind of MMO online game and so the single player experience wouldnot be getting much look at.

rowech
05-04-2009, 04:47 AM
First off Replay is atop notch product (baseball board) but like other's I will have to do a wait and see on seasons since I have roughly 15 seasons of interest to me and none of them are being offered:( It really boils down to for me if you like seasons in the 1960s or some 2000 years you should be happy but for us who enjoy older seasons (1940,1927,1941,1934,1930,1911,1908) you are out of luck for the forseeable future. I did not know DMB was coming out with v10. I hated the old interface so if they have streamlined the game and don't require you to download seperate modules like before I may take alook. I also heard that the new game owner of DMB was more interested in mkaing the game somekind of MMO online game and so the single player experience wouldnot be getting much look at.

Nothing is improving in DMB other than things like play-by-play. It'll still be the same crappy early 90s interface, nothing special in the way of sound/ball movement, player pictures, etc. Really too bad that they let that game just get stuck.

Galaril
05-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Nothing is improving in DMB other than things like play-by-play. It'll still be the same crappy early 90s interface, nothing special in the way of sound/ball movement, player pictures, etc. Really too bad that they let that game just get stuck.

Oh....that is a shame. That interface makes FOF interface look like that great UI ever.:)

PadresFan104
05-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Pete at Replay has announced the pricing.

PC Replay Baseball V1 + 1 Season of your choice: $50
Additional Seasons: $22

Galaril
05-04-2009, 11:49 PM
Yes, I saw this thanks though. This is one I will certainly think long and hard about getting. I love the fact you were able to help get the various sounds into the game like sound effects, crowd/ballpark noise and even the radio style play by play type stuff.

PadresFan104
05-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Yes, I saw this thanks though. This is one I will certainly think long and hard about getting. I love the fact you were able to help get the various sounds into the game like sound effects, crowd/ballpark noise and even the radio style play by play type stuff.

The 5-day demo should help those that might be on the fence when the game is released. Also want to reiterate what Richard said on the latest blog, that the radio calls for V1 are not intended to be color commentary, but simply audio cues to help break the monotony of the click-click-click usually associated with PC Baseball games. Sure hope we can expand it in future versions though!!

PadresFan104
05-06-2009, 12:36 PM
The game isn't available yet, but the website is now up...

PC Replay Baseball Game (http://www.replaybb.com/PCBBPages/PCBBGame.htm)

PadresFan104
05-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Just a reminder that this game, and 5-day demo, drop this Friday the 22nd. I have a complete set of mod files ready to go.... :)

PadresFan104
05-22-2009, 05:12 PM
dola - The newest PC Baseball Sim is now available to try!! Hope some folks over here will at least give the demo a shot...

PC Replay Baseball Products (http://www.replaybb.com/PCBBPages/PCBBProducts.htm)