PDA

View Full Version : DHL Closing

JPhillips
01-26-2009, 09:59 PM
You might remember this from the campaign. I grew up close to Wilmington and a lot of people I went to HS with worked at the airpark. This 60 Minutes story is great, but it's hard to watch. A lot of the time I don't feel like anybody in Washington is looking out for the people I grew up with.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/01/22/60minutes/main4747832.shtml

RendeR
01-27-2009, 12:23 AM
Powerfully written story. Its hard to read and understand just how scary it is for people in that situation. The scarier part is that things will get worse before they get better.

Good luck everyone.

cthomer5000
01-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Well, I will say for 6 years they were hands-down the worst shipping company I've ever dealt with. They were the provider for my last two jobs and they were absolutely atrocious.

I think in the end you really do become the architect of your own demise with service like that.

JediKooter
01-27-2009, 01:03 AM
Well, I will say for 6 years they were hands-down the worst shipping company I've ever dealt with. They were the provider for my last two jobs and they were absolutely atrocious.

I think in the end you really do become the architect of your own demise with service like that.

Can't agree with you more cthomer. I guess the old addage is true, you get what you pay for. Absolute horrible service, I'm not surprised that they are going under.

At my old job, it got so bad, we had to drop them and bring in FedEx even though as a small start up, we really couldn't afford to use FedEx, but, we couldn't afford the horrible service of DHL.

Draft Dodger
01-27-2009, 06:33 AM
our warehouse is in Wilmington (put there to take advantage of DH Hell's close location). Lots of really good people in that town...

JPhillips
01-27-2009, 07:33 AM
Part of the frustration in Wilmington is that DHL bought Airborne and ran the company into the ground.

lungs
01-27-2009, 08:28 AM
I pulled a DHL driver out of the ditch once.....

Rich1033
01-27-2009, 08:58 AM
DHL was just a horribly managed company.