PDA

View Full Version : FOF MP and real world collide

miked
01-29-2009, 08:59 AM
So when we started WOOF, I wanted to try and think of a cool team name. I enjoyed my trips to Montana and figured it would be a cool location to put a team...in Bozeman. So I spent a few minutes trying to figure out some cool names, like Bozeman Mountain Men, Sasquatch, crap like that. I saw lots of bears when I was in Montana, so I figured Bozeman Kodiaks seemed kind of cool. Hence, the worst team in WOOF history was born.

Fast forward to today, I received a PM in my mailbox, which is weird since people usually mock me in public and the trade deadline is long past. This is what the PM said:

Title: Finally found you guys!

Hey Mike, I played with the Kodiaks back in 1999. My name is XXXXX, i played XX. I am currently residing in Sarasota,Florida. We are going to have a annual bowl game and would like to extend an invitation to you and your team. Look us up in the Southern States Football League. We are the Sarasota County Seminoles. This is our first year in this league and are looking for ways to get better competition down here for us to play. We are going to extend invites to teams from all over the map. So I know playing for the Kodiaks was a great deal to me, I would like to see how you guys are now. Our season starts Feb7th this year, we could work something out where you guys could come down in May this year for a game at the end of our season or work you in next season. Give us a reply back at our email on that site. You can also get in contact with me at [email protected]

Thanks and Good Luck!!

So, uhm, this sort of thing only happened once before when I got a cease and desist from a lawyer about the UBL website because there was a real United League Baseball (independent league).

So random, I don't know if I can stomach the shame of telling him it's make believe football run on computers. It's too bad, because this is one game my beloved Kodiaks could probably handle.

Mustang
01-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Accept his invite and show up with a laptop.

jeff061
01-29-2009, 09:08 AM
And a binder of reference material with a keg of Red Bull.

Ben E Lou
01-29-2009, 09:11 AM
You should refer him to this page (http://www.younglifenorthdekalb.com/woof/ben/teampageleaders.php?teamid=25), and tell him "You didn't play for the Kodiaks, you %(#*$ liar!!!!!"

Logan
01-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Tell him that due to past injustices, you're not willing to play with his team.

Flasch186
01-29-2009, 09:14 AM
I once got an email from some guy asking how he could buy tickets and attend a USFL game. ummmmmm

jeff061
01-29-2009, 09:15 AM
You should refer him to this page (http://www.younglifenorthdekalb.com/woof/ben/teampageleaders.php?teamid=25), and tell him "You didn't play for the Kodiaks, you %(#*$ liar!!!!!"

I like this suggestion.

wade moore
01-29-2009, 09:31 AM

This is the correct answer.

miked
01-29-2009, 09:34 AM

That link just ruined my morning.

Jughead Spock
01-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Back in Front Page Sports days, I was in a league where we got *two* separate instances of guys wanting to play in the league. Thank god the brain isn't a deciding factor for athletes sometimes.

DanGarion
01-29-2009, 09:51 AM
When I was running the website for the RWBL I had a guy find my email on the manager page for Tony LaRussa and go on to tell me how terrible of a mistake I made in the All Star game for leaving a pitcher in...

Toddzilla
01-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Tell him that due to past injustices, you're not willing to play with his team.I Lawled. Hard.

Cringer
01-29-2009, 12:55 PM
When I ran the Imperial Football League I received two or three emails from guys asking how and when they could try out for the league.

I wonder if some of these same guys have also seen the FOF leagues that use NFL teams, like GEFL, and now run around telling their friends that Warren Moon played for the Packers at one time.

Ramzavail
01-30-2009, 08:57 AM
haha thats great.