PDA

View Full Version : The economy is this bad?

Rizon
01-29-2009, 12:16 PM
I walked out of a convenience store today, and I overheard two bums discussing how rough the economy was for them. They were saying how there are a lot more bums and now they're having a hard time finding empty bottles and cans in the trash.
It would have made for a great YouTube video.

Cringer
01-29-2009, 12:29 PM
I thought this would be about the guy who killed his family and himself after he and his wife lost their jobs.

I can see how this would impact homeless people though for sure.

Rizon
01-29-2009, 01:23 PM
I thought this would be about the guy who killed his family and himself after he and his wife lost their jobs.

Yeah, it was part sad, part funny. Part funny cause they were both hammered. But the discussion was pretty deep.

Eaglesfan27
01-29-2009, 01:27 PM

That article was incredibly sad and was also what I thought was going to be referenced.

JonInMiddleGA
01-29-2009, 02:58 PM
That article was incredibly sad and was also what I thought was going to be referenced.

That's something that I really anticipate (and I think I said this once before in a thread somewhere) becoming quite commonplace fairly soon. Or at least common enough that it's a back page story that's barely noticed.

Pumpy Tudors
01-29-2009, 03:06 PM
So, Rizon, what did you buy at the convenience store?

Comey
01-29-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm pretty sure it rhymes with "corn".

Comey
01-29-2009, 03:13 PM
And "hushies".

Rizon
01-29-2009, 05:19 PM
So, Rizon, what did you buy at the convenience store?

The hooker behind the convenience store asked me to wear a condom. So I bought a pack.

JeeberD
01-30-2009, 12:17 AM
That's something that I really anticipate (and I think I said this once before in a thread somewhere) becoming quite commonplace fairly soon. Or at least common enough that it's a back page story that's barely noticed.

There have been three of these (at least) in the past three months, so I sadly agree with you... :(

M GO BLUE!!!
01-30-2009, 01:32 AM
You should have joined in, telling them things are tough everywhere. For example: No longer do you consider giving charity to anyone who isn't making a decent effort to do for themselves. You make an effort to return all recyclable bottles & cans for their deposit. You even look for store brand food where applicable. Then relayed that your company even scaled back the Christmas bonuses by 7% this past season!