PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Suck snow angel

MrIllini
01-29-2009, 02:21 PM
Please pardon me some shameless self-promotion here, as the link is to my own blog, but I did some searching and couldn't believe these photos hadn't been posted/linked here yet.

Ballpark Village says Cubs Suck | Pitchers Hit Eighth :: A St Louis Cardinals blog (http://www.pitchershiteighth.com/2009/01/29/ballpark-village-says-cubs-suck/)

Go Cards!

Young Drachma
01-29-2009, 02:47 PM
pretty hilarious!

MizzouRah
01-29-2009, 03:47 PM
That's great.. too bad the jokes on us!

MrIllini
01-29-2009, 06:36 PM
That's great.. too bad the jokes on us!

How do you mean? Think the Cubs can actually make something happen this season?

Radii
01-29-2009, 07:41 PM
How do you mean? Think the Cubs can actually make something happen this season?

If by "make something happen" you mean make it to the playoffs and get swept in the first round, I have confidence that my team can do that again yes!

MizzouRah
01-29-2009, 09:04 PM
I mean the Cardinals are going to suck again this year. :)

MrIllini
01-30-2009, 08:42 AM
If by "make something happen" you mean make it to the playoffs and get swept in the first round, I have confidence that my team can do that again yes!

YES WE CAN!

I mean the Cardinals are going to suck again this year. :)

Sheesh, you sound like a Cub fan! :)

MizzouRah
01-30-2009, 10:42 AM
YES WE CAN!

Sheesh, you sound like a Cub fan! :)

haha.. would be nice if we could sign some pitching...

Poli
01-30-2009, 01:15 PM
ROYCE. RING.

Uncle Briggs
01-30-2009, 02:14 PM
haha.. would be nice if we could sign some pitching...

I disagree. It would be nice if they would trade one or two of our five (or six or seven, depending on your perspective) major-league caliber outfielders for some young pitching.

Neuqua
01-30-2009, 02:16 PM
I am pleased to see this thread has turned into a discussion about how it is actually the Cardinals who suck. By Cardinals fans nonetheless.

Please continue.

MizzouRah
01-30-2009, 02:26 PM
I am pleased to see this thread has turned into a discussion about how it is actually the Cardinals who suck. By Cardinals fans nonetheless.

Please continue.

Will do...

Tell me though Uncle Briggs.. what caliber young pitching could we get for Ankiel, Ludwick, Duncan, Schumaker, or Barton?

MrIllini
01-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Will do...

Tell me though Uncle Briggs.. what caliber young pitching could we get for Ankiel, Ludwick, Duncan, Schumaker, or Barton?

Teams would be salivating over Ankiel if not for a pending meeting with Mr Boras after this season. Well, that and the glut of outfielders available on the cheap in free agency in a horrible market.

dervack
01-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Teams would be salivating over Ankiel if not for a pending meeting with Mr Boras after this season. Well, that and the glut of outfielders available on the cheap in free agency in a horrible market.
Exactly. Worst case scenario, you already have your 5th starter. He'll be better than what you throw out there anyway.

MrIllini
01-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Exactly. Worst case scenario, you already have your 5th starter. He'll be better than what you throw out there anyway.

This coming from a fan of a team that until recently was trotting Jason Marquis out to the mound every other day?

Heck, if the Cubs keep going, they might have the entire Cardinals' 2006 World Series team on their roster... when is Edmonds resigning? ;)

dervack
01-30-2009, 10:18 PM
This coming from a fan of a team that until recently was trotting Jason Marquis out to the mound every other day?

Heck, if the Cubs keep going, they might have the entire Cardinals' 2006 World Series team on their roster... when is Edmonds resigning? ;)
Marquis sucks, but he's still better than 2/5 of the dredge the great Drunk LaRussa throws out.

MrIllini
01-31-2009, 03:22 AM
Marquis sucks, but he's still better than 2/5 of the dredge the great Drunk LaRussa throws out.

Is that why the Cubs had to pay the Rockies to take him?

Uncle Briggs
01-31-2009, 08:26 AM

Maybe nobody ready to play this year or next. But I'd think we could find somebody willing to put together a package of two or three prospects who are two or three years away in order to get a starting outfielder.

This may not seem to get full value in trade, but if you have seven guys who should get playing time in your outfield, then there are what, three?, four? who won't get the time they should. You're not getting full value from those guys anyway, so let's move one or two for future value.

Plus, I'm a little afraid if we don't make room for Rasmus in the outfield this year Tony will want to send him back to AAA and we'll have another Reyes situation where Tony messes up a young guy's head.

MizzouRah
01-31-2009, 08:49 AM
Good points UB.. I'm always worried about prospects when LaRussa is around. He'd still have Bonilla playing first if he didn't get hurt. :)

MizzouRah
01-31-2009, 08:50 AM

That's a HORRIBLE statement. F Marquis...

Neuqua
01-31-2009, 09:50 AM
For a 5th starter, Marquis did pretty much all that has been asked of him the past two years.

He was going to be paid $9mil this year which is why we had to pay half when we traded him to Colorado. He ate up innings and was a decent hitter to boot.

Marquis of 2007-2008 > Your #5.

JeeberD
01-31-2009, 11:20 AM
The sad thing is that the Cards are going to be loads better than the Disastros...

MizzouRah
01-31-2009, 03:07 PM
For a 5th starter, Marquis did pretty much all that has been asked of him the past two years.

He was going to be paid $9mil this year which is why we had to pay half when we traded him to Colorado. He ate up innings and was a decent hitter to boot.

Marquis of 2007-2008 > Your #5.

I didn't want to see him leave.. but he was better than Pinero.. wow... that's not saying much.