PDA

View Full Version : Spacing question - FOFC editor

Peregrine
01-29-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm having an issue when copying over posts for my dynasties from Open Office to the FOFC editor. Basically it involves spacing - what appears as one space between lines in OO becomes two spaces when I post it here. It's strange because in the post window it shows spaced correctly, but when the post actually appears it's double spaced. The only way I can fix it is to manually correct it which takes a long time and is annoying.

Anyone had this problem or know what I can do to fix it? I've been using OO forever and have only had this problem since my hard drive crashed and I switch to Windows Vista.

DanGarion
01-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Dammit, i was hoping you were talking about the release of a piece of software to edit the personalities of people posting here on FOFC...

Peregrine
01-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Well I think that announcement would have been in all caps!

Peregrine
01-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Well I did some experimenting - when I switched from the WYSIWYG editor to the standard one, the spacing issue is corrected - it imports correctly (but of course with no bolding or other text formatting.) So whatever issue there is seems to be with the WYSIWYG editor.

DanGarion
01-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Well I did some experimenting - when I switched from the WYSIWYG editor to the standard one, the spacing issue is corrected - it imports correctly (but of course with no bolding or other text formatting.) So whatever issue there is seems to be with the WYSIWYG editor.
If I remember correctly, it's actually a problem with your browser and how it works with WYSIWYG editor. I have problems like this with various websites that I write for because I use Firefox. So I always have to copy to notepad and then to the edit window so things look right.

Peregrine
01-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Yeah it looks like the copying to notepad first also corrects the issue, but again it strips the text formatting. I do use Firefox - I had never had a problem with this before, though. It's strange.

Honolulu_Blue
01-29-2009, 03:24 PM
If I remember correctly, it's actually a problem with your browser and how it works with WYSIWYG editor. I have problems like this with various websites that I design because I use Firefox. So I always have to copy to notepad and then to the edit window so things look right.

FIXED

sterlingice
01-29-2009, 03:26 PM
FIXED

GOLD :D

SI

DanGarion
01-29-2009, 03:28 PM
FIXED

HAHAHA, that was a good one! :lol: :lol: :lol: