PDA

View Full Version : more HT questions

Bee
04-17-2003, 07:21 AM
1. I can't figure out where to set the formation. Do I just make the change in the match order screen?

2. I have around 130k left over after buying a couple solid players and a couple young players to fill out my team. Should I buy another star player or save the money to avoid going into debt?

3. I have had 2 matches so far, the first I won 2-1 the second I won 7-0. Both times I had 7 new supporters join. Does the "amount" of a victory matter?

4. If I train playmaking, is there any chance that anything else improves (but at a much lesser rate)? Do all the players have a chance to improve playmaking or just certain positions?

Thanks for any replies. Some of this might be in the onsite help files, but they are so poorly implemented I gave up using them.

Easy Mac
04-17-2003, 07:24 AM
1. Yes. In the drop-down menu's under each guys name, there will be options to change their position, or if they want to play defensive/offensive...

2. Buy the players, you can always sell them later.

3. Not that I've noticed. Just keep winning.

4. I think all players but keeper can improve to some extent, but not much for defenders/forwards.

Nyarlahotep
04-17-2003, 08:23 AM
You might want to upgrade your stadium. 7000 seats is not likely to pay the bills.

Bee
04-17-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Nyarlahotep
You might want to upgrade your stadium. 7000 seats is not likely to pay the bills.

What's a recommended upgrade? I only have 527 supporters, will I be able to fill a bigger stadium?

FrogMan
04-17-2003, 09:14 AM
you shouldn't have problem selling out a stadium that is about 18-20 times your number of supporters. That's sort of a known multiplier.

If your team is winning A LOT, that number could go all the way to 25-28 times your number of supporters and if you lose, it drops to 15-18 times... Right now, your 7000 seats stadium is only 13.3 times your number of supporters and it's only got seats that pay the least (5000 terraces, 2000 basic seats). Go to that site:
http://www.databased.at/hattrick/index.asp

Click on "tools", then "arenasizer", it'll give you a good idea of what your stadium should look like. I wouldn't recommend going for the 25 times stadium just yet, but you have to keep in mind that your fan base should grow every week by an average of at least 15 a week (8 after league game, 7 after friendly, and that's only a pessimistic estimate, I gained 29 last week after winning a cup and a league game), so I would probably upgrade to a little over 22 times your number of supporters, or something like that. Always make sure you upgrade by at least 4000 seats, to amortize the fixed cost of upgrading. Also, make sure you stick to the magic %% for the number of seats in each sections. They are:

% terraces 62.5%
% basic seatin 25.0%
% under roof 10.0%
% VIP 2.5%

Good luck!

FrogMan
edit: to put terraces at 62.5% instead of 63% and VIP at 2.5% instead of 2%

Bee
04-17-2003, 09:27 AM
thanks FrogMan!

FrogMan
04-17-2003, 09:34 AM
No problem! I didn't want to see you go and upgrade by a hundred or so ;)

Also, if you wanna learn about Hattrick fast, I'd recommend reading around on that site I posted. They have some very good quick read pages, sort of an FAQ.

There's also a very good site for learning player positions and the skill they need with very good information about the various formations you can use in HT, follow this link:
ABC of Tactics (http://hem.passagen.se/hammervald/abc_of_tactics/abc_of_tactics_index.htm)

FrogMan

daedalus
04-17-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Bee
4. If I train playmaking, is there any chance that anything else improves (but at a much lesser rate)? Do all the players have a chance to improve playmaking or just certain positions?

Only form will really have any changes other than what you're training. In the case of playmaking, only your midfielders will receive training ("About Hattrick"->"Rules"->"Training").

daedalus
04-17-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by FrogMan
No problem! I didn't want to see you go and upgrade by a hundred or so ;)

I believe Bee would have to do less than 5 to beat the FOFC record for stadium upgrade. :)

dacman
04-17-2003, 04:52 PM
LOL. I ran across a new team (non-FOFC) that had 7,001 seats.

illinifan999
04-17-2003, 05:09 PM
Some people have reported that their keeper's skill improved after training general. But I would imagine that the keeper must have been really close to popping anyways.

FrogMan
04-17-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by daedalus
I believe Bee would have to do less than 5 to beat the FOFC record for stadium upgrade. :)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking about. I just didn't want to name illinif... err, the owner's name publicly :D

But hey, I heard those 5 seats were DAMN comfortable. Even heard rumors that you get your own butler for buying own. For those who really wanna know, see this thread (http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6410)...

FrogMan

daedalus
04-17-2003, 05:42 PM
General will also train goalkeeping for, umm, goalkeepers.

sterlingice
04-17-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by daedalus
Only form will really have any changes other than what you're training. In the case of playmaking, only your midfielders will receive training ("About Hattrick"->"Rules"->"Training").

That is incorrect. Your wingers get about half training and other positions get a small fraction of training at playmaking. I have had a couple of defenders bump at playmaking but it is *very* slow so don't expect it and be glad if it happens.

SI

NevStar
04-17-2003, 06:31 PM
{threadjack}
Incidentally, with last night's update, my fan club now contains 777 members. Jackpot! Ding Ding Ding!

{/threadjack}

daedalus
04-17-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by sterlingice
That is incorrect. Your wingers get about half training and other positions get a small fraction of training at playmaking. I have had a couple of defenders bump at playmaking but it is *very* slow so don't expect it and be glad if it happens.

I was including wingers in that statement, that's why I didn't say inner midfielders. But I did not know about the other players, though. That's nifty!

dacman
04-17-2003, 07:42 PM
From the rules:

Training type Improves ...for...
Playmaking Midfield Inner midfielders (Wingers) ((Others))

So, wingers get about 1/2, and "others" get a little (probably like 1/8 or so, I'd guess).

sterlingice
04-17-2003, 09:07 PM
Yeah, but think about that, you get 1/8th or even 1/4 of something that takes 7 weeks to train. That's a whole season minimum (14 weeks) to raise them one level so don't hold your breath and that's with a generous estimate.

SI

illinifan999
04-17-2003, 10:12 PM
Those 5 seats were the finest in all of hattrick. People still come to me asking if they could buy one. And the butler answers to any name you want. ;)

robbgmaier
04-17-2003, 10:53 PM
I think those 5 seats are some sort of money laundering scheme, and the money is really being blown on, well, being blown.

Qwikshot
04-17-2003, 11:26 PM
Jumped from another thread...sorries.

Quick question...my 33 and 29 year old mids have dropped form consecutively...should I sell them before they lose value (these are starters they get constant play...I've got a feeling I should sell sell sell)