PDA

View Full Version : Hattrick Cup Help...what to do?(not a help me i suck thread)

Blade6119
04-17-2003, 06:52 PM
Ok...i really don't want to give away many of my changing strategies as i have heavyreign's boys recently deomoted in my league now, but i also am barely above debt and wouldnt mind the cash cup games bring in...I believe i am in a sot to be 1 of the top two contenders for my division, as the TSU Texans look a tad bit better than me, and Heavyreign's boys a small level below us...i have been playing this season so far very lightly, playing every game PIC...i played it cool in my last cup match expecting to lose, and my sqaud(i only have 1 team and 4 back-ups.....one on the transfer market....a great forward trainee if anyobdy needs one...really cheap too...but anyways) went out and won in overtime against his div.4 starter squad...my league matches so far have been cake, but i have my big match with TSU at his place after the next cup match(after the coming league match which i am playing cool as well)...i want to know what you guys feel i should do in my upcoming cup match....this guy is a division 3 contender with an amazing defense(one of his defenders, on Team USA, is only 21....) and fairly pathetic offense...here was his last match running a 4-5-1:
Recksiek FC
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: passable
Right Side Defence: world class
Central Defence: magical
Left Side Defence: mythical
Right Side Attack: wretched
Central Attack: poor
Left Side Attack: poor

I run a mix of formations, but in my last match i played a 3-5-2 with these results when i played it cool:
Blade Bombers
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: poor
Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: solid
Left Side Defence: solid
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: passable

Im trying to bring in a few more starters(1 at forward, 1 at wing, 1 at inner mid, and 1 wing back)....waiting till i sell my keepers to do that though)....after that cup game i get TSU, a blow off league match, and then the 4th place league squad...with Heavyreigns boys prob. right behind them since ive played everyone else but 1 other...Do you think i have a shot...in his last cup match against a div.6 bot he played all his starters...should i play it cool again(and this time lose), play it normal, or go all out offensive and attack his d and pray his bad offense doesn't beat my d/gk...he has bad forwards and wings, but innermids and his d is all 3-6 stars(6 being the USA defender)...his gk is solid, and im not sure if i should blow it or actually try to stay in and get cup money again...any advice would be great...im team 71724 if you want to examine my squad, and he is 8645...the match is at my place if that helps at all...

GoldenEagle
04-17-2003, 07:13 PM
I dont think you get money for advancing in the cup.

TargetPractice6
04-17-2003, 07:21 PM
You get more attendance money from a cup match than a friendly match.

Airhog
04-17-2003, 07:48 PM
your going to lose the possession battle, and it looks like his goalie is a stud...good luck :D