PDA

View Full Version : :Hattrick: Doctors???

Havok
04-20-2003, 08:18 PM
Are they worth it??? I just got my first serious injury today and my best winger is gonna be out for 4 weeks.

Will hiring a doctor help very much???

Professor58
04-20-2003, 08:30 PM
It is worth the money if it is your best players. It seems to save about 30-50% off the time. Hire them when you need them and fire them when everyone is healthy.

mrushh
04-20-2003, 08:59 PM
How many do you hire for an injured player? One per week of injury, for example, or what?

Havok
04-20-2003, 09:50 PM
How many do you hire for an injured player? One per week of injury, for example, or what?

I'd like to know the answer to that question as well. Should i hire just 1 doctor??? or should i go with 2 or 3??

Professor58
04-20-2003, 10:06 PM
For me, I have 2 right now. I also had 6 guys hurt and 2 were my starters. I saved at least 1 week with my forward who was hurt at Wednesday's cup. He was at 1 week out, and the 2 docs got him to brused, so I was able to start him today.

I have not seen a rules of thumb on the number other than if you have money, hire as many as you want. For us D V. guys, I would not waste money on any more than 3 ($4500 a week). Just fire him when everyone is healthy. Doctors do not do anything else but heal people faster.

daedalus
04-21-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Professor58
He was at 1 week out, and the 2 docs got him to brused, so I was able to start him today.

By the way, Prof . . . how did he do in this game? Like, how did his performance compared to his usual? Far below or acceptable? I have one out that I'm hoping will improve to bruised so I could play him Wednesday.

Professor58
04-21-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by daedalus
By the way, Prof . . . how did he do in this game? Like, how did his performance compared to his usual? Far below or acceptable? I have one out that I'm hoping will improve to bruised so I could play him Wednesday.

He got 1.5 stars and he normally gets 2, so a half star loss. He still scored a goal ( I know, the goal thing is random) and i kept my solid central attack. I would not normally feel good about playing a bruised player, but I had a close match, and it worked out and I won. So, overall, he is my best player and I thought that he would still be better than what I had on the bench.