PDA

View Full Version : The hidden form volatility rating

HornedFrog Purple
04-24-2003, 08:50 PM
This is an old post that I posted in DataKing's dynasty thread way back when with a theory of how form works in hattrick. It is just a theory but I have noticed enough of it going on on my team which leads me to believe it may hae some truth to it.

Anyways, I have been thinking about form. My theory is each player has a hidden basic form which is static. As the player goes higher or lower, the hidden form rating increases its pull to get him back to his "natural" form.

Just as an example, I will use a 10 point scale:

Hidden form is 5 (call that average)

Current form is 6, somewhere around average so he will stay there for a while until a change happens which has more to do with your training, staff and games he plays in. These accumulate into eventually making this player lets say a 8 or 2. Therefore the "5" will pull this player back quickly to his usual static form.

These work all the way around... if a guy is naturally "poor" (in this example I will use the number 2) in hidden rating, and he gets up to excellent, he gets yanked back down to his hidden static rating much more quickly then a player whose natural hidden form rating is above average (somewhere around 6 or 7)

I call this the "hidden form volatility rating" which I will trademark tomorrow. :)

Thoughts?

Nyarlahotep
04-24-2003, 11:16 PM
With what has happened to my team the last two weeks I don't even want to think about form.