PDA

View Full Version : The Youth Pull Debate

GoldenEagle
04-25-2003, 04:56 PM
Ok, so I am heading into my second week of inadeqaute youth squad (another week and it will be passable, I think). But should I pull an outfielder or a keeper? I need a defender to train, but as keeper could help to get out of debt, if he is passable. Opinions?

Airhog
04-25-2003, 05:04 PM
well I think some people here believe that you should alternate between the two. That sounds pretty reasonable to me If your looking to make some money.

My plan is too pull several outfielders for every goalkeeper. Im doing this because Im looking to improve my squad over make money, however, I am beginning to re-think this and go with more keeper pulls. Im still not sure if its better to try and sell players for money, or try and pull good players to keep.

Nyarlahotep
04-25-2003, 05:20 PM
I'm populaating my b-squad with youth pulls. When I need a new keeper trainee I will pull some.

NAIWF
04-25-2003, 05:48 PM
I have a passable goalie who has put up 2.5* every game so far and just increased form, so I'm hoping that bumps to 3 this week. My other goalie is weak, and put up 1.5* this week. If my starter got hurt I'd buy a replacement I suppose.

So now my question, I think I'll get up to inadequate youth squad this week if my math is right, does it make sense to pull a keeper who probably would only be a back-up? or should I hope for a B-team field player? Thanks.

Nyarlahotep
04-25-2003, 05:50 PM
You would only want to pull a keeper if you were looking to sell one.

robbgmaier
04-25-2003, 05:58 PM
it seems to me that the price of keepers is going down, due to an over supply. I don't think it makes sense to pull a keeper now unless you train them.

of course, this could all be propaganda, intended to get people world wide to stop pulling keepers, so that the one I pull this weekend will have an incredible value

damnMikeBrown
04-25-2003, 06:48 PM
I think you're right, Robb. I think the price of keepers is deflating, perhaps in part to the glut of keeper pulls. I train keepers, and while I admit I didn't have the eagle eye out, I had it in my head that a solid keeper could pull in $250k no problem. That was from looking about at prices mid season last year. Now, you could grab one for $210k, without looking very hard. That's solid mind you, the highest level you can get from a youth pull. It could be inferred that the price for Excellent & above will remain high, because that can only be reached through keeper training. I hope so at any rate.

dacman
04-25-2003, 06:56 PM
I have also notice some keeper deflation since I have started playing. A lot of people think that pulling keepers is better if your squad is bad because only one rating "has to work out," but I have seen ZERO evidence to support that. I think its a crap shoot no matter what you do. I had my worst youth pull ever last week and that was as my squad bumped to solid.

daedalus
04-25-2003, 07:47 PM
With an inadequate, I'd say keepers. I agree with the deflation in keepers' prices but you have a better shot of getting a good one of those with an inadequate than you might with an outfielders.