PDA

View Full Version : Ping: Lytic, IV.19

Raven Hawk
04-28-2003, 03:31 PM
Lytic,

In my humble opinion, there is no way that zyzzerz could have put up a formidable midfield without a MOTS last week. I definitly agree with you on that.

One thing that is very important in the strategy of our division and any division for that matter is positioning. When it comes down to the last four games of the season, where are you going to be?

If you are in third place, you will have zyzzerz, Fockers, and Hulligans shooting for you to try to take over third place. If you can push Evil down to that spot with a couple of victories over him, then he becomes the low hanging fruit for the second tier teams.

My strategy last year was to make sure that I could win 2 games against each of these teams, Hulligans, Lynx, 8 Mile, and Cows. The Cougars were in the unenviable spot of being that third place team . . . they got killed for more than one reason, but mostly because they were the 'reach team.' That you and I and all the others thought they could take a chance on and beat.

I benefitted from positioning this week as Fockers decided to PIC me because I was in first and they didn't think that they had a chance. In reality, they could have MOTS'd me and beaten me pretty easily. I put up the lowest rating that I've put up this season.

You need to get yourself out of the position scrapping race. Evil will beat Hulligans this week unless Hulligans MOTS.

You are right that things are quite wacky this year in our division. They only seem wacky because different teams are employing different strategies. Yet, it is probably more calculated than we would think.

If there's one team in our division that I don't understand, it is Hulligans. This only makes them that much more of a threat . . .

You could easily get yourself a good second place finish, but don't let yourself become a MOTS target for Hulligans, zyzzerz and Fockers. Let Evil be that team.

lytic
04-28-2003, 04:04 PM
I've been pung!

the only thing I know for sure is that you will get a MOTS at the end of the season ;) So don't expect an easy game... If you have any aspirations for III, you better hope for a auto-promote because I'll won't let you have that PIC before Quals ;)

I need you in my series man!

As for the rest of the Axis of Evil in IV.19, I finally have my TS better after that first game MOTS vs you. My big problem is I'm not pulling crap!!! I need to replace my 36 year old middie cause if he gets hurt, I have nothing after him. I'm very thin in depth... I had to sell my best 2 defenders cause this is getting crazy on the Youth Pull side. The past 3 weeks, but total value of my pulls was $7000... not the average, but the sum! Before that I had 2 18 year old inad defender pulls. I trained one to passable and got a little for him. 1 youth pull will help get my over that MOTS hump on the flip side of the season. Until then I can only hang on and hope that my 36 year old doesn't get injured.

Oh and reading zyz's post, he did MOTS. Not sure why, I think he could have tied or beat him with a normal.

Raven Hawk
04-28-2003, 08:09 PM
Heheh,

I don't expect anything except for a MOTS from you in the last game of the season. :) That's what the game is all about. We definitly want our fans to get the quality of game that they are expecting.

I agree with you, if I have any aspirations for Div III, I will need to autopromote. If that happens, I fully expect to be sent back down one season later. My goal right now is to win the division. I will re-evaluate that goal after my two games against the Hulligans. There are certain things that need to happen for me to get to an autopromote level. If I can head into the last four games of the season undefeated, that is one big plus, but there are other things I would need as well . . . like an Evillive loss sometime in there.

I admit, pulling the wing that sold for $800,000 helped me out a lot. I don't think that Evil's pull helped him so much. He sold the guy for 900k then turned around and bought another goalie for 1.4M . . . Then again, that may be a tactic specifically aimed at stopping my strikers.

The reason that zyzzers MOTS'd is to make sure he won. The new teams don't truly know the Hulligans like we do. Hulligans is the target for both Fockers and Zyzzerz who are fighting for 4th place. If one of them gets lucky, they will start looking at trying to get 3rd place.

If nothing else, I have two PIC games before a double header against Hulligans, then two PIC games before heading into the final 4 weeks.

I always divide the season into three parts.

1) First four weeks you play your team to see how they are going to do during the season. Make big adjustments to the team if need be.
2) The middle six weeks are for positioning. I try to put myself in a position to accomplish my preseason goals.
3) The last four games are the home stretch, where you kick and bite to get everything you can.

As luck would have it, I was able to beat you and Evil in the beginning of the season. That gave me the idea that I had a chance at winning it all. Before the season started, I was aiming for second. But having you and Evil at home in weeks 1 and 3 helped out a lot. I'm sure that when I play you guys in the home stretch at your stadiums, it will be a completely different story.

First place isn't out of the question for you yet. A very real scenario could happen where you go undefeated (beating Evil twice) from now into the last week of the season. If I drop my game to Evil, the last game between us will be huge . . . and it will be at your stadium . . .

lytic
04-29-2003, 12:00 PM
I'm shooting for 3rd... one spot up from last time. I think Evil will pull some magic out of his rear and win on more goals or something.
Oh well, it's real fun division that keeps you interested in the game.

lytic
04-29-2003, 01:03 PM
SouthPark News: The Truth about The Evil Gargs "Nailgun"

"He was afraid of the Cows defenders. He knew he couldn't succeed against the Cows "Steel Curtain" that he begged and pleaded for a transfer. The Evil Gargs of IV.19 didn't want that getting out around the league because they are trying get younger strikers to join the team with promises of wonderful stats. The Evil Gargs management promised a transfer if he kept his mouth shut about the Cows, but the truth is now out in public! We'd like to thank Stan Marsh and crew for their detective work.

lytic
04-29-2003, 01:07 PM
yay... I finally made JV!