PDA

View Full Version : Overconfidence

RonnieDobbs
05-05-2003, 02:51 PM
My team's confidence is currently wonderful and I could conceivably win my next four games. I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts on over-confidence is. I've heard some say that it doesn't really matter, some say it will shoot you in the foot.

Does throwing a friendly lower confidence? Is there anyway to avoid overconfidence without losing a league game?

NevStar
05-05-2003, 03:04 PM
friendlies don't affect confidence (or anything else, for that matter.)

The general consensus on the HT board is as long as you don't have any sports pyschologists, you'll safely stay at wonderful confidence for the whole season.

sterlingice
05-05-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by NevStar
friendlies don't affect confidence (or anything else, for that matter.)

The general consensus on the HT board is as long as you don't have any sports pyschologists, you'll safely stay at wonderful confidence for the whole season.

I've seen that, too. Unfortunately, I'd like to refute that. I haven't had a sports psych since the very early days yet about 5 games into this year, and riding a 5 game winning streak, my confidence reset itself to a low level after being at wonderful for a couple of weeks. I'm guessing overconfidence kicked in, but I'm not sure.

SI

HeavyReign
05-05-2003, 04:43 PM
I was at wonderful confidence for several games before it dropped to strong after winning my game this week over the previous #1 team in the division.

DataKing
05-05-2003, 04:53 PM
Early on (back in the heyday of SSFC), I was able to keep my team spirit at wonderful (with an occasional one-week dip down to strong) without suffering from overconfidence. I am pretty sure I had one sports psychologist on the payroll at the time.

lytic
05-06-2003, 05:05 PM
You would know if you had over confidence, because it would say so in your match. Having 1 SP would probably keep it @ wonderful without over-con. If it's gonna be PIC blow outs, then don't have any.

Kodos
05-06-2003, 06:27 PM
Your overconfidence is your weakness!

DataKing
05-07-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Kodos
Your overconfidence is your weakness!

Your faith in your friends is yours!

:D

lytic
05-07-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by DataKing
Your faith in your friends is yours!

:D

I was thinking that when I first read it... guess we got some SW fans.