PDA

View Full Version : A survey about form

PilotMan
05-06-2003, 10:47 PM
I would like to get an idea about where your players are with regards to form. I haven't done any General training, and have realized that my team could perfrom significantly better if our form was solid or excellent.

Where does everyone else stand with the form of your starters?
Has training General been an effective way to get more from your teams? How long would I need to train general in order to see results?

Thanks
PilotMan

vex
05-06-2003, 11:34 PM
Here's how my form is right now for my starters:

Solid: 2

Passable: 5

Inadequate: 3

Weak: 1

One of those inadequates had been in excellent form until two weeks ago when he suddenly took a form dip.

Training general has been effective for the short term but since training general isn't actually training their current form, but rather their base(hidden) form, unless you train it for a couple of weeks you probably won't notice any difference.

lytic
05-06-2003, 11:37 PM
I trained general a few times when I had no money and couldn't afford physios... if you have 10 pysios and train @ 100% then form aver should be around passable. If you train in the mid to low 90's, then I usually suggest 2 weeks of general training (together, after 2 weeks of stamina training), if you feel you can win your games. The sooner you can get to 10 physios the better, because that is the most efficient way to keep form up without losing a week of real training.

Most people will not sugest general training, but I know what it's like to have 2 pysios and be in -$490k in debt.

BillyNYC
05-07-2003, 03:36 AM
Form's quite random. My top 3 midfielders (who all play in league matches) have the following forms: wretched, excellent, excellent. How's that for bizarre? (And unfortunately, the wretched is my best mid by 3 levels and I'm trying to sell him. The horrible form hurts his selling value)

I'd avoid training general, unless you have a must-win match (ie. near end of season and a win would get you promoted) that you think will be tight and you could use a bit extra form. I trained general once in the offseason and it didn't do too much.

Also of note, whenever you train general, you're abandoning your training regimen for that week, so players don't increase in skills (nor get closer to "popping" a level). All the more reason to avoid it

Alf
05-07-2003, 05:40 AM
Starters
excellent : 1
solid : 1
passable : 6
inadequate : 2
weak : 1

Reserves
passable : 1
inadequate : 3
weak : 4
wretched : 1
disastrous : 1 (backup goalie)

I train Defense or Playmaking. Never trained general. Trained Stamina & Set Pieces between season 18 & 19.

Vince
05-07-2003, 06:52 AM
Starters' Form:

1 Excellent
4 Solid
4 Passable
2 Inadequate

Backups' Form:

3 Solid
4 Passable
2 Inadequate
1 Weak
1 Poor (Injured)

I train Playmaking normally, and usually only train general after I have trained stamina. However, a couple of weeks ago many of my starters took a form dip, so I trained general for a week, and they all seemed to 'recover' from their downward curve. I seem to have seen direct results the next week whenever I have trained General.

dacman
05-07-2003, 08:35 AM
Starters:
2 - solid
3 - passable
4 - inadequate
2 - weak

Backups:
1 - excellent
2 - solid
7 - passables
1 - inadequate
1 - weak

FrogMan
05-07-2003, 09:09 AM
Here's what my Pittbulls' form look like:

Starters:
3 - solid
5 - passable
3 - inadequate
Average form: 6.0, passable

Backups:
1 - solid
4 - passable
4 - inadequate
2 - weak
Average form: 5.36, low inadequate

Averages were computed with disastrous=1, wretched=2, poor=3, weak=4, etc.

Looks like my players are just beginning to regain some form after training two weeks in a row of stamina in the offseason, without any general training afterward. I'm not sure I would recommend this course of action to anyone with a tough first couple of games in the new season. I knew my league would be easy when I planned it that way though and it worked out great, since I'm 5-0 anyway...

FM

PilotMan
05-07-2003, 03:01 PM
Here is my current situatuion with form:

Starters:
1 - Solid
3 - Passable
4 - Inadequate
2 - Weak
1 - Wretched

Note that the wretched was a new transfer, if he can get his form up we will be in good shape.

Reserves
1 - Solid
5 - Passable
1 - Inadequate
2 - Weak
1 - Poor
1 - Wretched

I feel like we are on the backside of the form curve and it is really costing us in the NSI department. I am going to continue to train midfield and skip out on the general. I have hired a up to 10 physios, and I train at 100%. I have 8 assistant coaches (along with 2 keeper coaches) as well. Does this sound like a good plan for recovery?

Doug5984
05-07-2003, 03:31 PM
My starters
Solid - 5
Passable - 4
Inadequate - 2

DataKing
05-07-2003, 03:51 PM
Starters
-Excellent: 2
-Solid: 3
-Passable: 4