PDA

View Full Version : Rob's Games of the Week - 19.06

robbgmaier
05-08-2003, 03:57 AM
Games of the Week - 19.06
All of the games this week are from the USA Series V, and all of the teams are fighting for the top spot.

DV.28
Stormy Gales v. High Tops (8146)
<pre>

1. High Tops 5 33 - 5 15
2. Stormy_Gales 5 19 - 2 15
</pre>
The High Tops just blanked basement dweller The Seekers 7-0 at home, putting up a 40 NSI with a poor midfield in a game they probably PIC'd. Stormy Gales, meanwhile, blanked Elite Dominion 4-0 on the road, with a passable midfield and a 66 NSI. With numbers like that, and on the road, it looks like the High Tops will have a tough time of it. They do get the Gales again at home 3 weeks later. With the goal difference numbers, they will need only a split to control their destiny for the division. It remains to be seen whether or not they can pull that off.

DV.62
CC's Dragons - Houston Hippopotami (8574)
<pre>

1. Houston Hippopotami 5 23 - 4 15
2. CC's Dragons 5 20 - 1 15
</pre>

It could be closer, but not by much. The Hippos put up a 56 NSI with an inadequate midfield at home against Metal Mulisha last week, winning 4-1. The Dragons scored their 4th shutout of the season against goonz, winning 4-0 on the road. They put up a 50 NSI with a weak midfield, excellent/formidable/brilliant in the back. The goonz and Mulisha are near the bottom, and whether or not either of these teams PIC'd is just a guess, although I suppose if I weren't so lazy I could check sterling's dynasty report. Maybe he'll just tell us :). Could be THE game of the week.

DV.97
Cedar Pond Horned (70953) v. The Schwing
<pre>

1. The Schwing 5 17 - 1 15
2. Cedar Pond Horned T 5 13 - 0 15
</pre>

These two teams have combined to give up a single goal in league play this season. The Toads won 3-nil last week away against T-3rd place Fantasy Man, putting up a 55 NSI with a weak midfield, formidable/brilliant/outstanding at the back. Schwing won 2-nil at home against basement dwelling Breakballas, putting up a 48 NSI with a poor midfield. All in all, my money is on the Toads, but will the game last long enough for either side to score?

DV.122
rabbits v. G-Vegas FC (71158)
<pre>

1. G-Vegas FC 5 20 - 1 13
2. Twinkle Toes 5 17 - 7 10
3. rabbits 5 20 - 13 10
</pre>

One could say that G-Vegas was pretty unlucky in week 2, as the only goal they have given up thus far resulted in a draw for that game. Of course, they wouldn't have qualified for the free publicity this week either, so perhaps it's a fair trade? In any event, Vegas beat the tar our of Mundial FC last week at home, 9-nil. They put up a 45 NSI with a poor midfield. Rabbits beat the King PInns 5-2 at home, putting up a 44 NSI with a poor midfield. Looks like a toss up. Maybe Coffee Warlord's Monkey is brave enough to pick a winner, but I'm not.

DV.140
Scranton Slime (71299) v. Omaha Onslaught
<pre>

1. Scranton Slime 5 18 - 2 15
2. Vectors 5 15 - 3 13
3. Omaha Onslaught 5 16 - 7 13
</pre>

These next four weeks will be turning the Slime's coach's hair gray and then make it fall out. Omaha, Vectors, Vectors, Omaha. Wow. The Slime beat Cthulu Servants 3-nil at home last week, putting up a 50 NSI and a weak midfield. Omaha needed two late second half goals to beat the Jagerhawks at home, 4-3. They managed a 39 NSI and a weak midfield. An apparent advantage to the Slime, but the schedule is a problem. Omaha could MOTS this week, and then have two weeks two rebuild the TS before facing the Slime again. With Vectors each of the following two weeks, the Slime don't have the same luxury. It will be interesting to find out their strategy.

DV.167
LA ScullKickers v. White Sox Pride (71519)
<pre>

1. LA ScullKickers 5 31 - 1 15
2. White Sox Pride 5 21 - 3 15
</pre>

Back to the clash(es) of the titans. The Pride went on the road last week and pasted Little tech 6-nil, 50 NSI and a poor midfield. The ScullKickers managed only a 2-nil decision over Deutsch Fire on the road. They put up a 52 NSI and a poor midfield. In the same division, fellow FOFC team Golden Eagles FC will be playing the Fire on the road. These two teams are tied at 4th/5th in the division, and look to be playing to stay above the qualification bubble for next season, although 3rd place appears to still be in reach.

DV.179
Black Reign v. Spring Grove Fighting Eagles (72093)
<pre>

1. Black Reign 5 13 - 4 13
2. Spring Grove Fighti 5 22 - 5 12
3. Richland Bombers 5 23 - 12 12
</pre>

This already big game got even bigger after Reign needed an 84th minute equalizer to escape with a 2-2 draw against previously pointless Fountain. Reign put up a 54 NSI with a weak midfield. Meanwhile, the Eagles won 4-1 at home against FC HAUPPAUGE, putting up a 48 NSI and a weak midfield. The Bombers have apparently already played both Reign and the Eagles in the first half of the fixtures, so the advantage here may go to Eagles, who have to deal only with bottom dwelling LeeChunSoo the two following weeks, while Reign have somewhat stiffer compettion. This "Howell" like dos-si-dos scheduling puts some severe kinks into a teams TS strategery :)

Well, there you have it, Rob's Games of the Week (TM). As always, please feel free to send any and all complaints to the RGotW Antarctica office, where they will be processed in the order they are recieved, as receptacle space becomes available. Good luck to all, and to all, a good night.

daedalus
05-08-2003, 04:36 AM
The Crouching Hippos, Hidden Dragons matchup will be an interesting one.

The combined 1 goal given up by the Schwing and the Toads are simply insane to me. That's not even 10 minutes worth of work for my defenders. [Scored upon in the 9th minute of my last Cup game . . . hear us roar!]

Thanks for the GotW, Rob! :)

PilotMan
05-08-2003, 07:21 AM
Great Job Rob. Makes setting the matches up on Crillo much easier. Hopefully, i'll be back in time to watch the matches this week.

dacman
05-08-2003, 08:19 AM
Ahemmm....
It's one thing to have one FOFC team fighting for the top of their division, but in V.220, its 1 vs. 2, both teams with 15 points and BOTH teams are FOFC.

Poli
05-08-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by dacman
Ahemmm....
It's one thing to have one FOFC team fighting for the top of their division, but in V.220, its 1 vs. 2, both teams with 15 points and BOTH teams are FOFC.

That my friend, is an excellent argument.

GoldenEagle
05-08-2003, 12:47 PM
Rob, thanks for doing this for us. It is a great read.

I want to add that I want to see the White Sox Pride beat LA. Also, Shawn of the Fire team I am playing this week has been snooping around FOFC and I think he will register soon. That will give us three teams in V.167!

Doug5984
05-08-2003, 01:08 PM
I don't know if this shuld be classified as a game of the week, but if anyone has an open slot on Criollo Viewer it might be a very good game to watch. I am the Louisiana Cyclones and I play GHz this week, then a double header against the real terps, then GHz again. So this week I am basically playing the # 2 team (GHz beat The real terps this past weekend to allow me to move into first) for first place, if I can get through this stretch of 4 games without a loss I could go undefeated for the entire season (*knock on wood*).
If someone wants to watch the game my team ID is: 72080
And the match ID is: 5554204

Team Played Goals Points
1. Louisiana Cyclones 5 18 - 3 15

2. the real terps 5 18 - 6 12
3. GHz 5 17 - 8 12

Blade6119
05-08-2003, 01:21 PM
How about heavy reign and my match...big game for both of us..the top 4 in our div. keep knockin eachother out..big time match

-Panther
05-08-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by dacman
Ahemmm....

No kidding. It appears we get no love. We'll just have to show em
whose boss in the FOFC Cup when it's you and I in the Cup Final :D

Havok
05-08-2003, 02:09 PM
no love for the Misfitz :(

1. Maniacal Misfitz-5----18 - 3-----15

2. Green Mages-5-------15 - 3-----13

My last NSI - 47
Green Mages - 51

The only reason his is a 51 is because he's missing 2 Inner Mid's due to injury. He usually gets 55+

TargetPractice6
05-08-2003, 03:33 PM
I play the creator of the game this weekend.

sterlingice
05-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by robbgmaier
DV.62
CC's Dragons - Houston Hippopotami (8574)

<pre>
1. Houston Hippopotami 5 23 - 4 15
2. CC's Dragons 5 20 - 1 15
</pre>

It could be closer, but not by much. The Hippos put up a 56 NSI with an inadequate midfield at home against Metal Mulisha last week, winning 4-1. The Dragons scored their 4th shutout of the season against goonz, winning 4-0 on the road. They put up a 50 NSI with a weak midfield, excellent/formidable/brilliant in the back. The goonz and Mulisha are near the bottom, and whether or not either of these teams PIC'd is just a guess, although I suppose if I weren't so lazy I could check sterling's dynasty report. Maybe he'll just tell us :). Could be THE game of the week. [/B]

We both PIC'd it last week, I'm guessing. In his 3 games previous to that, he put up 3 55's on the NSI while I have 48 (partial B Team), 53, 55.

SI

sterlingice
05-08-2003, 06:34 PM

Well, there you have it, Rob's Games of the Week (TM). As always, please feel free to send any and all complaints to the RGotW Antarctica office, where they will be processed in the order they are recieved, as receptacle space becomes available. Good luck to all, and to all, a good night. [/B]

That sounds like the complain department of "Car Talk" (anyone else listen to Click and Clack?)

SI

HornedFrog Purple
05-08-2003, 06:46 PM
Rule #267 Section 3 Paragraph 19 of the hattrick Rules:

Never ever bet on the Cedar Pond Horned Toads. They continually choke when they play the first place team.

Well hopefully we can turn things around. I probably will allow a goal this week, but 5 shutouts aint half bad.

Professor58
05-09-2003, 02:11 PM

DV.28
Stormy Gales v. High Tops (8146)
<pre>

1. High Tops 5 33 - 5 15
2. Stormy_Gales 5 19 - 2 15
</pre>
The High Tops just blanked basement dweller The Seekers 7-0 at home, putting up a 40 NSI with a poor midfield in a game they probably PIC'd. Stormy Gales, meanwhile, blanked Elite Dominion 4-0 on the road, with a passable midfield and a 66 NSI. With numbers like that, and on the road, it looks like the High Tops will have a tough time of it. They do get the Gales again at home 3 weeks later. With the goal difference numbers, they will need only a split to control their destiny for the division. It remains to be seen whether or not they can pull that off.

Just to add a little background to the match. Stormy is one of the last original DV.28 teams not to promote. He is one of the best division V teams in the USA. The guy has had some bad luck the last two seasons. He tied for 1st each year and lost on goal difference. I have played him 3 times in the last two seasons and have not scored a goal. (0-5,0-6,0-6) . Now, I have not had the best ratings or stars in our division, and he has posted in our conference forum of he can't figure out how I am doing it, so it is playing a little with his head. I am sure he has PIC every league game except for maybe last week. I expect him to MOTS, just because he can. Since it is an away match, I will play him straight up and wait until he comes to my place in a couple of weeks to MOTS him.

robbgmaier
05-11-2003, 09:44 PM
All of the games this week are from the USA Series V, and all of the teams are fighting for the top spot.

DV.28
Stormy Gales v. High Tops (8146) 8:1

Well, right off the bat, things looked good for the High Tops as the punched in the first goal. The next 8 went into the wrong onion bag though. The High Tops are now 3 points out of first and 3 points clear of third.

DV.62
CC's Dragons - Houston Hippopotami (8574) 3:0

OK, so maybe this wasn't the game of the week. The Hippos lost the NSI battle 64 to 58, including passable v. inadequate midfield. We suspect the Dragons MOTS'd, it's not clear what the Hippos did, but we can hope they didn't, and will be ready to load up for the return bout. Like the High Tops, the Hippos are now 3 points from the top and 3 points clear of third.

DV.97
Cedar Pond Horned Toads (70953) v. The Schwing 5:2

WOW! After giving up 1 goal in their first 10 total games, they managed to score 7 against each other. Good for the Toads, they had more than half :). The toads showed up to play, boosting their NSI to 57. Their reward is remaining undefeated and untied and in first place.

DV.122
rabbits v. G-Vegas FC (71158) 3:1
<pre>

1. G-Vegas FC 6 21 - 4 13
2. Twinkle Toes 6 20 - 8 13
3. rabbits 6 23 - 14 13
4. Fighting Falcons 6 17 - 12 12

</pre>

My, how the table has turned. Before this weekend, Vegas was 3 points clear of a tie for second place. This week's loss has brought everyone together. They can still point to the goal difference as something to be positive about. I don't think anyone will be auto-promoting from this division. Vegas actually won the NSI battle 48 to 44, and 56% of the possession, and even the first goal. Maybe things will be different when they play at home.

DV.140
Scranton Slime (71299) v. Omaha Onslaught 4:3

Now, THIS was probably the game of the week. The Slime scored first, but found themselves down 2-1 at the half. Sensing that something wasn't quite right, they decided to dent the back of Omaha's net 3 times quickly in the second half. Omaha wouldn't roll over and die, and pulled 1 back to 4-3. Then, the play of the game Here comes Omaha on the counterattack, Swenson sprinting down the right hand side, in the box to Dixon, down to the endline, pulled back to Gardener, SQUARE TO REYNOLDS, SHOT, SAVED BY ZUAZO!!! UNBELIEVABLE SAVE BY ZUAZO TO MAINTAIN A SLIM 1 GOAL ADVANTAGE!. With the win, the Slime are 5 points clear of 2nd place.

DV.167
LA ScullKickers v. White Sox Pride (71519) 2:2

The good news is that the Pride were on the road, the bad news is that will need to win the return bout because they aren't going to win at the end on goal difference. Expect to see these two teams in another GotW in 3 weeks.

DV.179
Black Reign v. Spring Grove Fighting Eagles (72093) 1:5
<pre>

1. Spring Grove Fighti 6 27 - 6 15
2. Richland Bombers 6 28 - 13 15
3. Black Reign 6 14 - 9 13

</pre>

The Reign were on top last week, now they are on the outside looking in. The Eagles now sit on top of V.179, precariously to be sure, but on top.

So ends another week of Hattrick. Oh, by the way, the goldurnears would like to announce their first double digit win, beating some punks in V.230 10-nil. The entire division changed ownership after week 9 last season, and there are only 3 teams that haven't changed yet again. Whoever demotes here next season better have a supply of wifebeaters, because it could be bloody. See you next week, on this week, in Hattrick :)

TredWel
05-11-2003, 10:10 PM
DV.140
<b>Scranton Slime </b>(71299) v. Omaha Onslaught <b>4:3</b>

Today's match was easily the scariest match I've ever watched. I wish I could MOTS them when I go on the road to their place in four weeks, but I'll be playing the two best "on paper" teams the following two weeks. Sheesh, what a schedule.

On the other hand, I've now got over a game advantage in the league, and I'm above the auto-promotion line, so I've got things to celebrate.

sterlingice
05-11-2003, 10:26 PM
For clarification, the Hippos didn't MotS but we will be on their return trip at our place which will probably make this a race to get goal differential the rest of the year. The writeup will be posted in the next half hour in the Hippos dynasty report.

SI

RonnieDobbs
05-12-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by TredWel
DV.140
<b>Scranton Slime </b>(71299) v. Omaha Onslaught <b>4:3</b>

Today's match was easily the scariest match I've ever watched. I wish I could MOTS them when I go on the road to their place in four weeks, but I'll be playing the two best "on paper" teams the following two weeks. Sheesh, what a schedule.

On the other hand, I've now got over a game advantage in the league, and I'm above the auto-promotion line, so I've got things to celebrate.

Plus you've got that stud IM you just picked up, ya bastard. :)