PDA

View Full Version : Struggling to really analyze RBs

Nez477
10-27-2014, 03:39 PM
Hi there!

I'm still getting my feet wet with this game, so please accept my apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but what do you look for in RBs? I've really struggled to see what is most important in drafting/developing RBs.

Are there any articles or help in this area that really go over which of the skills is most important? Thanks in advance.

gstelmack
10-27-2014, 03:44 PM
Hole recognition helps them gain positive yards, endurance keeps them on the field (low endurance = backup gets lots of carries), breakaway speed helps them break long runs. At one point elusiveness was considered a detriment - guy dances around without making forward progress. I'm not sure where that stands these days with FOF7.

You can have a decently successful back with just high hole recognition and endurance - you may not get huge yardage totals, much receiving, or long runs, but he can probably keep the chains moving.

MIJB#19
10-29-2014, 11:20 AM
Third down running and power inside running can be useful in third and short situations, especially if they are combined with low elusiveness.

Sharkn20
10-31-2014, 01:54 PM
High Route Running and Breakaway speed means a lot yards catching the football as well