Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The official I was killed early in a game and need somewhere to vent thread! (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=56490)

path12 05-12-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1726590)
I was not killed early, but I was killed, which makes me sad. I was enjoying that game, and I think I've only once been alive and a winner at the end of a game.

Wow, is that all? I would have thought that number was quite a bit higher.

st.cronin 05-12-2008 05:03 PM

I get lynched a lot, path.

path12 05-12-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1726743)
I get lynched a lot, path.

True. You might be the most lynched player here.

That would be an interesting research subject -- who has the highest living %, lynch %, winning %, night kill %, etc. I need to quit being obsessed about Racing Breed before getting to it though.

Barkeep49 05-12-2008 08:49 PM

I started to compile this information two summers ago and let me tell you even then the amount of games was overwhelming. People (and I'm as guilty as anyone) aren't good about keeping up who has died and lived. This sort of project would be best undertaken collectively, I think and still would be hard. For instance there's the relatively incomplete work on the Wiki about a lot of stuff. I don't think, however, that anyone besides myself actually uses the Wiki to look up info about games. So basically path if you do this, you'd rock.

Lathum 05-12-2008 09:18 PM

I would help in that compilation.

I also get lynched ALOT

hoopsguy 05-13-2008 05:56 AM

I get lynched a little.

Night killed or converted? Different story.

I would also help in collecting data if someone wants to organize the effort.

Qwikshot 05-13-2008 06:10 AM

This is why I try to create characters when I play, because regardless of the role, I'm already in a role...however in this previous one, I couldn't find anything suitable than Sherlock without giving I felt too much away...still it's more fun, though I still don't have a clue how we play this.

To me, the wolves always have the advantage regardless of numbers. I'd much rather have a game that propels you to talk, but I realize that it's a little difficult to manage a game like that on a platform like this...

Still, coming away from this game was more interesting, because all three groups are still in a battle for survival.

Me, I'm glad actually if I'm offed before the end of the week, it's hard enough reading through all the material and then losing 3 days to the weekend to backtrack and refigure out theories. If I can come in, play the role, and do something to progress the action forward before being killed, I'm happy.

I don't think I'll ever be a good werewolf player, but I'll try to be amusing...it's far more intersting to be the sidekick than the hero.

mccollins 05-13-2008 02:24 PM

I know it's only my 3rd game, but I'd really love to see what an endgame is like. Sigh...

path12 05-13-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1726850)
I started to compile this information two summers ago and let me tell you even then the amount of games was overwhelming. People (and I'm as guilty as anyone) aren't good about keeping up who has died and lived. This sort of project would be best undertaken collectively, I think and still would be hard. For instance there's the relatively incomplete work on the Wiki about a lot of stuff. I don't think, however, that anyone besides myself actually uses the Wiki to look up info about games. So basically path if you do this, you'd rock.

Well, I'm starting it. It's a back burner thing though. BK, if you have anything you can send me with what you did so far that would be great.

I'm basically going to go through and put down for each name:

# games played
# times villager
# times wolf
# times seer
# times bodyguard
# times other roles
# times night killed
# times lynched
# times day killed
# times alive at end of game -- broken down into village W/L and wolf W/L (though now that I think about it a wolf can't really be alive at the end of the game and still lose....)

Any others you can think of to track?

jeheinz72 05-13-2008 02:54 PM

How about the number of times the person is a Seer and outs all the wolves and no one believes him...

RendeR 05-13-2008 02:58 PM

Or the number of times a wolf claims I'm a wolf to get me lynched and everyone believes them?

This game is so frustrating at times =)

Passacaglia 05-13-2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1727453)
How about the number of times the person is a Seer and outs all the wolves and no one believes him...

Hey, you didn't out me that game! I got myself lynched earlier, without help from the seer, thank you very much!

st.cronin 05-13-2008 03:09 PM

Not "everyone" believed Jackal.

jeheinz72 05-13-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1727457)
Hey, you didn't out me that game! I got myself lynched earlier, without help from the seer, thank you very much!

Yeah but I had you down to scan but when you got lynched it conditionally went to the next person (also a wolf). So I got you too sucka!

PurdueBrad 05-13-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1726850)
I don't think, however, that anyone besides myself actually uses the Wiki to look up info about games.

I LOVE the wiki and use it to get tons of background info.

mccollins 05-13-2008 04:01 PM

I don't even know about the wiki. A little help in the right direction, please?

path12 05-13-2008 04:02 PM

BTW, I'm starting backwards from the Wiki, so I just did Return to Div Nation so far.......in case anyone wants to grab a couple games and shoot me the info from them.

path12 05-13-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1727487)
I don't even know about the wiki. A little help in the right direction, please?

Check Barkeep49's sig.

PurdueBrad 05-13-2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1727489)
BTW, I'm starting backwards from the Wiki, so I just did Return to Div Nation so far.......in case anyone wants to grab a couple games and shoot me the info from them.

Not that this helps you for awhile, but once school is out, I can do some.

Alan T 05-13-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1727452)
Well, I'm starting it. It's a back burner thing though. BK, if you have anything you can send me with what you did so far that would be great.

# games played
# times villager
# times wolf
# times seer
# times bodyguard
# times other roles
# times night killed
# times lynched
# times day killed
# times alive at end of game -- broken down into village W/L and wolf W/L (though now that I think about it a wolf can't really be alive at the end of the game and still lose....)

I would also keep track of what day they were killed/lynched so you can find out someone's average time in a game too.

path12 05-13-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1727501)
I would also keep track of what day they were killed/lynched so you can find out someone's average time in a game too.

Good idea. Added.

Vince 05-13-2008 06:03 PM

Can I complain about missing Werewolf and the fact that my job no longer lets me play?

Or then there's Schmidty...

hoopsguy 05-13-2008 09:14 PM

Vince, people play with all sorts of schedules. Deadlines aren't nearly as standardized as they used to be. I'm guessing you could still find some time to play, if you were interested in doing so. That said, I know that I have a hard time justifying jumping into a game where I can't commit a good amount of time so I'm probably the wrong guy to give that lecture.

Pinging Chief Rum ...

Alan T 05-13-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 1727589)
Vince, people play with all sorts of schedules. Deadlines aren't nearly as standardized as they used to be. I'm guessing you could still find some time to play, if you were interested in doing so. That said, I know that I have a hard time justifying jumping into a game where I can't commit a good amount of time so I'm probably the wrong guy to give that lecture.

Pinging Chief Rum ...

Same here, No matter how much I say it won't be a big deal to me to just play lowkey and catch up when I can... I know I'll end up getting sucked in when I play. So I've been trying to avoid that the past month or so while I've been super busy with internal audit stuff at work

Chief Rum 05-14-2008 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince (Post 1727520)
Can I complain about missing Werewolf and the fact that my job no longer lets me play?

Or then there's Schmidty...

Weak. You're just not committed. :)

Chief Rum 05-14-2008 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1727452)

# games played
# times villager
# times wolf
# times seer
# times bodyguard
# times other roles
# times night killed
# times lynched
# times day killed

No promises, but this sort of thing is right up my alley. If I get a chance, I'll try to help out, maybe start with the most recent games and work back, so that we meet in the middle.

Chief Rum 05-14-2008 12:15 AM

BTW, I am killed or lynched more often than not in the long run, but I am rarely an early death, and I would say I don't get lynched too often as a percentage. Pass's game here is actually a sharp deviation from my normal game result.

Vince 05-14-2008 07:29 AM

Well, I read meters for the local utility company now, so I'm either driving a car or walking a neighborhood from 5 AM to 5 PM PST. I don't think it would work. I might look into it though...Werewolf was awesome, and I miss it.

The Jackal 05-14-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RendeR (Post 1727455)
Or the number of times a wolf claims I'm a wolf to get me lynched and everyone believes them?

This game is so frustrating at times =)

Sorry. :D

Narcizo 05-19-2008 05:12 AM

This was the first time I've been lynched in a legitimate fashion. I've been duked and lynched by some weird "king of the mob" rule before but never actually been properly lynched. Woo.

Still never survived to the end of a game as a villager.

Narcizo 05-19-2008 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RendeR (Post 1727455)

I thought that there was far more reason to be suspicious of Jackal than you but risk/reward means you have to take the seer's word for it unless there's over-riding reasons not to.

Alan T 05-21-2008 10:22 AM

I knew there was something missing here..

I am upset that I didn't last till day 3 of the recent small game

claphamsa 05-21-2008 10:35 AM

no one did....

Alan T 05-21-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 1731942)
no one did....

My attempt at comedy fails miserably evidentally!

Lathum 05-21-2008 10:53 AM

I suck :(

hoopsguy 05-21-2008 11:11 AM

Alan, stop causing problems.

claphamsa 05-21-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1731956)
My attempt at comedy fails miserably evidentally!

I got it:rolleyes:

PurdueBrad 06-02-2008 09:55 AM

Placeholder, table for 1 please...

Alan T 06-02-2008 09:57 AM

Oh man.. I totally forgot about my responsibility here.

As first one to die in the current game, here is my official I was killed early in a game and need somewhere to vent post.

How could someone possibly kill me on my birthday????? :)

jeheinz72 06-02-2008 10:09 AM

That is horribly messed up Alan.

Lathum 06-02-2008 11:37 AM

Its a trend around here

jeheinz72 06-02-2008 11:46 AM

Good thing I am other-worldly and thus have no actual birthday.

Alan T 06-02-2008 11:47 AM

Just tongue in cheek, I needed something to post here!

I would say now that PurdueBrad has been revealed as a wolf I could threaten to vote him day 1 next game, but I've voted him day 1 the past two games already.. so fair is fair :)

PurdueBrad 06-03-2008 08:06 AM

It really wasn't nice to kill me given the fact that it is finals week where I teach and I only have 2 finals to give. It means I have to sit around for four days doing nothing, jealously watching you guys play WW. I guess I'll just go back to watching a replay of last night's hockey game.

The Jackal 06-03-2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1740180)
It really wasn't nice to kill me given the fact that it is finals week where I teach and I only have 2 finals to give. It means I have to sit around for four days doing nothing, jealously watching you guys play WW. I guess I'll just go back to watching a replay of last night's hockey game.

Listen, you don't get to complain after that victory.

jeheinz72 06-03-2008 11:14 AM

'Spose I earned that one.

Thought I had a chance there for a bit.

Sad thing is, with my vacation coming in 2 weeks, looks like I'll be sans WW for likely the rest of June. *sniffle*

claphamsa 06-03-2008 11:16 AM

thats what you get for takig vacations!

Alan T 06-03-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1740500)

Sad thing is, with my vacation coming in 2 weeks, looks like I'll be sans WW for likely the rest of June. *sniffle*

Maybe you should have played a more low key game and you might have survived longer.. like me!

jeheinz72 06-03-2008 11:27 AM

Ha yes, the low key game isn't one I've ever really pulled off.

mccollins 06-03-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1740500)

All of your flailing made me think you were a wolf even more!
It always rubs me the wrong way when people say "I know I'm good"