Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Random Thoughts That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Go Here (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77784)

Pumpy Tudors 09-26-2011 02:12 PM

Let's leave Rosie O'Donnell's koosh out of this.

Ksyrup 09-26-2011 02:16 PM

I don't know what that is, but my guess is they would take down the house, not just a lamp.

JediKooter 09-26-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacroGuru (Post 2536155)
Ahh but if it's throbbing and tingling...he can call it "The Stranger"

I like the way you think.

Chief Rum 09-26-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 2536053)
I hope to hell they don't get rid of them. I'm faster than any manned register could hope to be.

Ditto. Those things are a godsend.

Chief Rum 09-26-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 2536055)
We had a golf scramble fundraiser yesterday and for 4 or 5 hours, I kept the kids busy by throwing the football with a bunch of them. I haven't thrown a football in probably a decade (aside from the cushiony ones I throw to my kids in the house). My freaking arm feels like it's about to fall off.

Brett Favre, are you not.

Pumpy Tudors 09-26-2011 03:49 PM

I started using some type of dandruff shampoo over the weekend, and it seems to have helped cut down on the number of small dandruff flakes I have. Unfortunately, it hasn't seemed to do much for the really large flakes. When I brush my hair, it looks like my head is raining grits. This would not be a good thing normally, but on me, it's actually pretty awesome.

MacroGuru 09-26-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2536237)
I like the way you think.

Why thank you sir!

Pumpy Tudors 09-26-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 2536072)
I was bowling in Pittsburgh this weekend, but unfortunately, my dreams of Pumpy showing up randomly did not materialize. I should have told him that I was going to be in Pittsburgh to see if he wanted to meet up.

WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS

Chief Rum 09-26-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors (Post 2536268)

Because the Awesome Meter only goes up so high in Pittsburgh. Pumpy in Pitt could have been catastrophic.

Passacaglia 09-26-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors (Post 2536268)

I was going to, but I didn't want you bitching at me like you did in that podcast.

Pumpy Tudors 09-26-2011 04:04 PM

I HATE EVERYTHING

JediKooter 09-26-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacroGuru (Post 2536267)
Why thank you sir!

You are most welcome!

terpkristin 09-26-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFiRevival (Post 2535321)
Here's the site that lists where to find it.

Mexican Coke Retail Store Locator

There are two locations in Fairfax and two in Leesburg. It looks like Costco/Wegmans have both decided to carry it. I'll be checking both the Manassas and Woodbridge Costcos and the Wegmans in Woodbridge.

I'll have to look at the Wegmans in Dulles and the one in Lansdowne..

/tk

Suicane75 09-27-2011 12:39 AM

Ya know when you're watching a sporting event on tv and you leave the room to make a sandwich or something? Far enough way that you can't hear the tv at all. But for some reason your ears still think they hear random boos or cheers and get you all antsy to get back to the game.

JediKooter 09-27-2011 12:09 PM

I know music is subjective and I know the Rock & Roll committee isn't known for the best choices, but, I can't say I really disagree with Rush not being inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Ksyrup 09-27-2011 12:14 PM

Too many negatives. My brain asploded.

Pumpy Tudors 09-27-2011 12:15 PM

HE'S SAYING HE HATES RUSH I THINK

MacroGuru 09-27-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 2536922)
Too many negatives. My brain asploded.

Me too....but I think this might be the first time Jedi and I have disagreed on something...I might have to take my football and go home...

Ksyrup 09-27-2011 12:24 PM

Eh, I really don't care about that kind of stuff one way or the other. The fact that they have rap acts and other non-rock artists in the RnR HoF invalidates it to begin with. What's one more embarrassment?

JediKooter 09-27-2011 12:26 PM

Haha! Sorry guys, other than Red Barchetta and Working Man, I'm having a hard time thinking of other songs that I would put in MY 'good' category of songs.

Unless there is some early stuff I just have not heard...I stick by my opinion. :)

Ksyrup 09-27-2011 01:07 PM

Rush isn't a "songs" band. Plus, my understanding is this is more of a lengends/influences-type award. Rush has been incredibly influential in the rock world. And that's an understatement. I don't think this about how many #1s they had. Whether the RnR HoF voters like them or not shouldn't even matter.

JonInMiddleGA 09-27-2011 01:17 PM

The R&R HOF is a joke. It's nice when they get it right but that's so rare that it has to be an intentional effort to keep out some of the most obvious names/bands in rock history.

MacroGuru 09-27-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2536931)
Unless there is some early stuff I just have not heard...I stick by my opinion. :)

Which is obviously flawed ;)

DaddyTorgo 09-27-2011 01:49 PM

Police: Couple who abducted 8 kids from foster care found - CNN.com

New York (CNN) -- A couple accused of kidnapping their eight children from foster care in New York last week have been apprehended.

Nadal, 28, fled with her seven sons and one daughter from a Queens facility after an authorized visit on September 19, police said.

The abducted boys are all named after their biological father, Nephra Payne, 34.

They are Nephra Payne, 11; Nephra Ceo Payne, 10; Nephra John Payne, 9; Nephra Shalee Payne, 6; Nephra Rahsul Payne, 6; Nephra Umeek Payne, 5; and Nephra Yahmen Payne, 4.

The lone girl was identified as Nefertiti Payne, 11 months.

JediKooter 09-27-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 2536949)
Rush isn't a "songs" band. Plus, my understanding is this is more of a lengends/influences-type award. Rush has been incredibly influential in the rock world. And that's an understatement. I don't think this about how many #1s they had. Whether the RnR HoF voters like them or not shouldn't even matter.

If they get inducted for their influence, I'm totally cool with that. But, for their body of work...not so much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacroGuru
Which is obviously flawed ;)

This isn't going to end well, is it? :D

Ksyrup 09-27-2011 02:31 PM

Let me just say this - the fact that the Red Hot Chili Peppers are up for induction the same year as Heart is ridiculous. And ABBA was inducted before Alice Cooper. And KISS, Judas Priest, Rush, and a bunch of other worthy bands still haven't been nominated. The HoF is not worth the time I've taken to even type this out.

JediKooter 09-27-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 2536996)
Let me just say this - the fact that the Red Hot Chili Peppers are up for induction the same year as Heart is ridiculous. And ABBA was inducted before Alice Cooper. And KISS, Judas Priest, Rush, and a bunch of other worthy bands still haven't been nominated. The HoF is not worth the time I've taken to even type this out.

Definitely can't argue with how bad the Hall's selection's in the past have been.

Ksyrup 09-27-2011 03:13 PM

Eddie Trunk has been going off to day on his twitter account about this. A list of bands not nominated off the top of his head:

Cheap Trick, Yes, Chicago, Thin Lizzy, Kansas
Motley Crue, Foreigner, Bon Jovi, Def Lep, Styx, Motörhead, Iron Maiden
Journey, Kiss, Rush, Deep Purple, Judas Priest

JediKooter 09-27-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 2537010)
Eddie Trunk has been going off to day on his twitter account about this. A list of bands not nominated off the top of his head:

Cheap Trick, Yes, Chicago, Thin Lizzy, Kansas
Motley Crue, Foreigner, Bon Jovi, Def Lep, Styx, Motörhead, Iron Maiden
Journey, Kiss, Rush, Deep Purple, Judas Priest

Interesting. I question some of his choices, but, again, musical tastes are so subjective...

Ksyrup 09-27-2011 03:51 PM

From his list, I would definitely favor some of the older bands - Cheap Trick, Yes, Deep Purple, Priest, Maiden should all be in.

I think a lot of his issues are with the concept of "rock n roll" - the Hall has expanded that meaning to virtually any genre of music. So it seems like the issues are twofold - A, how can they get into the RnR HoF given the type of music they were known for? or B, how can they get in before a real rock band?

JediKooter 09-27-2011 04:13 PM

Yup, that's the problem. You have an entity called the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, yet, non rock & roll acts are in the hall before actual rock & roll acts are. They really just need to change the name to Music Hall of Fame.

terpkristin 09-27-2011 07:05 PM

A co-worker of mine's parents were in a car accident yesterday. His father died in the accident and his mother is in the ICU.

I wish I knew how to respond in these types of situations without sounding like I'm saying the same thing everybody does.

/tk

terpkristin 09-27-2011 07:10 PM

Dola,
On a lighter note, Andy Rooney is going to retire. Crazy to realize he's 92 and still at it..and that he's been at it since before I was born.
Andy Rooney to step down from his "60 Minutes" role - CBS News

Also, I bought a bottle of Mexican Coke (at least, I presume it was, as it was in the imports section of Wegmans and says Made in Mexico). I don't know that I tasted much difference from regular Coke, but I so rarely drink soda. I may have to get another bottle, and this time also buy a bottle of regular Coke (and maybe a bottle of Coke Zero) to do a side-by-side taste test.

/tk

MacroGuru 09-27-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terpkristin (Post 2537093)
Dola,
On a lighter note, Andy Rooney is going to retire. Crazy to realize he's 92 and still at it..and that he's been at it since before I was born.
Andy Rooney to step down from his "60 Minutes" role - CBS News

Also, I bought a bottle of Mexican Coke (at least, I presume it was, as it was in the imports section of Wegmans and says Made in Mexico). I don't know that I tasted much difference from regular Coke, but I so rarely drink soda. I may have to get another bottle, and this time also buy a bottle of regular Coke (and maybe a bottle of Coke Zero) to do a side-by-side taste test.

/tk

You need to get a bottle of rum to find out which mixes better too...

M GO BLUE!!! 09-27-2011 11:52 PM

Holy crap things are changing...

I started a new job today (kinda sucks & it's only seasonal, but it's income) and have an interview coming up for a real job (only part-time, but it's regular.)

I also put in a bid on a condo today... I checked and the condo has been taken down from the list of available ones. I might have just bought a friggin' condo!

Suicane75 09-28-2011 12:32 AM

This mix of weed and K2 tastes like an old timey carnival in my mouth. It's taking me back to open fields and popcorn butter wafting through the air. The slightest hint of earthy wood from all the stands is enveloping me and I'm in love with the world again.

Edit: Congratulations on your condo man, that's awesome.

Suicane75 09-28-2011 12:51 AM

I know it seems like a silly little thing but when a microwave you've used for 12 years dies and you realize just how reliable certain settings and lengths were and how you knew exactly how to cook anything in there to your optimal tastes it really sucks.

M GO BLUE!!! 09-28-2011 01:08 AM

I threw my 15 year old microwave out when i moved from new york.

Still worked like a champ, but it was rusty inside, sticky outside (tried cleaning... didn't work) and had the ghost of a roach inside. seriously. it was haunted. by a roach.

Suicane75 09-28-2011 01:12 AM

You probably cooked a roach at one point.

M GO BLUE!!! 09-28-2011 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suicane75 (Post 2537187)
You probably cooked a roach at one point.

there was a roach that would obscure the numbers on the clock. many times you looked at it & wondered what the hell that meant, then it would move & you'd realize it.

i got pissed off enough one day to figure out how to kill it.

i drilled a small hole where it liked to frequent, then when i saw it there I sprayed a little raid. it fell. the numbers were fine once again. i won!

a minute later, random parts of the numbers stopped lighting up. just like before. it would be out, then work when another part would stop. this time, there was no roach to see inside.

M GO BLUE!!! 09-28-2011 09:28 AM

No dice on the condo. The broker said it went pending before he put the bid in.

The other one we looked at went pending while we were looking at it!

Pumpy Tudors 09-28-2011 10:22 AM

I take over-the-counter medication very rarely, but I took a dose of Alka-Seltzer Plus Nighttime last night. I am still feeling loopy 11 hours after taking it. I feel like I'm floating and can barely keep my eyes open. At least I'm able to walk in a straight line, unlike last night about 30 minutes after I took it. Fortunately, I didn't feel very strange driving to work this morning, so I made it here safely without any problems. By the time I leave work this evening, the medication will have completely worn off. I just have to get through whatever period of fogginess remains. I don't even feel sick anymore. Just looooooooopy!!!

Shkspr 09-28-2011 10:50 AM

Look, if I die young, don't sit around bitching about how you're going to bury me. I don't give a crap if I'm laid down on a bed of roses, or sent off on the river, or what.

FIND MY KILLER.

That's it. Just avenge my death. No froo-froo bullshit.

Just sayin'.

cuervo72 09-28-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors (Post 2537299)
I take over-the-counter medication very rarely, but I took a dose of Alka-Seltzer Plus Nighttime last night. I am still feeling loopy 11 hours after taking it. I feel like I'm floating and can barely keep my eyes open. At least I'm able to walk in a straight line, unlike last night about 30 minutes after I took it. Fortunately, I didn't feel very strange driving to work this morning, so I made it here safely without any problems. By the time I leave work this evening, the medication will have completely worn off. I just have to get through whatever period of fogginess remains. I don't even feel sick anymore. Just looooooooopy!!!

You know, if Dock Ellis could pitch a no-no on LSD...

Draft Dodger 09-28-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors (Post 2537299)

yeah, I'm the same way with that kind of stuff. We should hang out together

Pumpy Tudors 09-28-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuervo72 (Post 2537325)
You know, if Dock Ellis could pitch a no-no on LSD...

I was just able to drive a production meeting just fine a few moments ago, so I think that's the business analyst equivalent of pitching a no-no on LSD. I'm with you, man.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft Dodger (Post 2537338)
yeah, I'm the same way with that kind of stuff. We should hang out together

I've gotta warn you, I'm even more like to make a "They still make that?" joke when I'm on this stuff.

cuervo72 09-28-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors (Post 2537356)
I was just able to drive a production meeting just fine a few moments ago, so I think that's the business analyst equivalent of pitching a no-no on LSD. I'm with you, man.

I mean GET OUT THERE AND BOWL, man!

Pumpy Tudors 09-28-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuervo72 (Post 2537433)
I mean GET OUT THERE AND BOWL, man!

My boss might not be happy if I skipped out on the last three hours of work to go bowling.

JonInMiddleGA 09-28-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors (Post 2537440)
My boss might not be happy if I skipped out on the last three hours of work to go bowling.

Surely you can find a way to label it as research. If not, try taking several other people with you & call it a team building exercise.

Chief Rum 09-28-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors (Post 2537440)

Screw what your boss thinks. The question is, WOULD YOU BE HAPPY?!?