Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Random Thoughts That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Go Here (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77784)

JediKooter 10-12-2011 03:49 PM

Crap!! I'm definitely fired then. I'm going to start packing my desk up.

MacroGuru 10-12-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2547613)
Why was George Lucas hanging out by my office? At least I'm not fired.

He was looking for Pumpy's Digits, needed someone to join his bowling league..

JediKooter 10-12-2011 03:50 PM

Should I tell him to look for it in Outlook?

Radii 10-12-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors (Post 2547609)
better question: why are you watching sportscenter

That is a good question. I'd just woken up, fell asleep with the TV on and it was on ESPN. Yes, at 1pm, on a Wednesday.

Pumpy Tudors 10-12-2011 06:23 PM

One of my teammates tells me that he found a girl to join my bowling team, so I think I'm in good shape now. I hope she knows how to bowl.

JediKooter 10-12-2011 06:27 PM

That's what she said...

JonInMiddleGA 10-12-2011 07:02 PM

I don't think I've ever had a client more exhausting to deal with than the newest one we're currently working with. They'd probably be more palatable at the old standard 15% commission rather than the new 5% quasi-norm, but not by a whole lot.

Scoobz0202 10-12-2011 07:52 PM

Can somebody with PS3 and Networking knowledge tell me if my PS3 is compatible with this?

Amazon.com: ASUS (RT-N16) Wireless-N 300 Maximum Performance single band Gaming Router: Fast Gigabit Ethernet, support USB-Hard Drive and Printer and Open source DDWRT: Electronics

Mustang 10-12-2011 10:49 PM

Man, I'm way behind on the times probably, but I just found google news with the old newspapers. Love me some old newspapers. Granted, I'm 3 years late to the party, but.. can't catch everything on the internet.

My Dad was in a newspaper article back in 1962, it was a staged thing to make it look like a barn was falling and they were running for their lives. What I didn't know is that the article was picked up in Modesto, Sarasota and Hartford so.. thought that was kinda cool. :)

RainMaker 10-13-2011 03:08 AM

Minka Kelly is perfection. There is no arguing this.

Ksyrup 10-13-2011 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radii (Post 2547458)
Why the hell is Hulk Hogan on sportscenter? Why is he being interviewed about winning a title in on sportscenter!?

Apparently Hulk was on Colin Cowherd's show yesterday. It's a good thing I wasn't in the car at the time, or my radio might have blown up.

Suburban Rhythm 10-13-2011 07:40 AM

On my ride into work, I take some secondary roads to avoid traffic-- one section I miss a traffic light, another I miss passing directly in front of a school with parents dropping off their kids.

This morning, at 3 separate intersections, I passed a guy in a blue Jeep Liberty, using what I guess would be described as tertiary roads-- trying to make a short cut of the short cut.

It made me happy that at each intersection, I passed him, proving my method is better.

britrock88 10-13-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm (Post 2547977)
On my ride into work, I take some secondary roads to avoid traffic-- one section I miss a traffic light, another I miss passing directly in front of a school with parents dropping off their kids.

This morning, at 3 separate intersections, I passed a guy in a blue Jeep Liberty, using what I guess would be described as tertiary roads-- trying to make a short cut of the short cut.

It made me happy that at each intersection, I passed him, proving my method is better.

But if you saw him at three different intersections, wouldn't that mean he's keeping pace with you? (Until the traffic light favors you at the last intersection, anyway...)

Ksyrup 10-13-2011 10:16 AM

What you don't realize is that he stopped at Starbucks twice.

Occasionally, I'll take a different route just to keep moving, not necessarily because I think it will be faster. I can't stand to sit in traffic doing nothing. I'd rather feel like I'm going somewhere, even if it's not any faster.

Ksyrup 10-13-2011 01:33 PM

That new commercial where the family is singing Crazy Train, I want to see that fucking car/van/SUV wrap around a telephone pole.

Suburban Rhythm 10-13-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britrock88 (Post 2548038)
But if you saw him at three different intersections, wouldn't that mean he's keeping pace with you? (Until the traffic light favors you at the last intersection, anyway...)

The route we are both going wouldn't hit any lights. Just stop signs.

I am looking at it like this:

Intersection 1: Both have stop signs, I arrived first. I go straight. He would have been making a right to follow me, he continued straight.

The next 2 times I passed him, I am on a secondary road where I have to stop signs, he on the tertiary road, where he has a stop signs.

In theory, had he followed me at intersection 1, he'd already be on the secondary road, not waiting at a stop sign for someone to let him in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 2548045)
What you don't realize is that he stopped at Starbucks twice.

Occasionally, I'll take a different route just to keep moving, not necessarily because I think it will be faster. I can't stand to sit in traffic doing nothing. I'd rather feel like I'm going somewhere, even if it's not any faster.

I do agree with the 'just keep moving' theory, I do the same. Exactly why I take the secondary roads.

I may need to Google Maps this later and do my best to flere-diagram it.

M GO BLUE!!! 10-13-2011 01:51 PM

I love it when someone hauls ass to get past me, then I catch up to them at the light.

DaddyTorgo 10-13-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 2548045)

This is me.

JediKooter 10-13-2011 02:45 PM

I've found out that an obsession that I had when I was a kid has crept back up. Star Wars figures. They now (actually for a while now) make the figures with the vintage packaging. Something about seeing that vintage packaging makes me want to buy them. I just bought 12 of them at lunch today. Since I no longer have a wife to keep this impulse in check, I don't foresee this habit being curbed any time soon.

PilotMan 10-13-2011 03:54 PM

I've been in an "everyone gets the finger kind" of mood lately. I think I might be heading into an early midlife crisis.

cougarfreak 10-13-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PilotMan (Post 2548334)
I've been in an "everyone gets the finger kind" of mood lately. I think I might be heading into an early midlife crisis.

I have been too. Especially for higher ups for the school district I work for. I'm fucking fed up.

JediKooter 10-14-2011 11:37 AM

Don't know if anyone has heard the State Farm commercials on the radio lately. There's a series of 3 songs (I think it's 3) that kind of a mix of different music styles (bluegrassish, mariachi and something else). Anyway...long story short. There's a line in there that cracks me up every time I hear it: "A pet baboon with one robotic arm", why I find that hilarious, I have no idea.

TCY Junkie 10-14-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! (Post 2548222)
I love it when someone hauls ass to get past me, then I catch up to them at the light.

Sometimes I act irritated I get caught at a light after flying by someone.

JediKooter 10-14-2011 12:03 PM

Alrighty, The Thing is holding at a 7 rating on IMDB and 29% by critics on Rotten Tomatoes. However, on Rotten Tomatoes, the Audience gives it a 76% rating. There's a mall the next exit down off the freeway, debating if I should see it after work or wait until another day.

Rizon 10-14-2011 12:23 PM

I feel like there are bugs crawling on me. My hair and arms are all itchy. Plus I just toked some sweet heron.

Ksyrup 10-14-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizon (Post 2549102)
I feel like there are bugs crawling on me. My hair and arms are all itchy. Plus I just toked some sweet heron.

Butt end, I presume?

Rizon 10-14-2011 12:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 2549104)
Butt end, I presume?

Exactly

Pumpy Tudors 10-14-2011 07:16 PM

I want to get dreadlocks, but I only want them if I can wear a football helmet all the time, because they look cooler under a helmet.

Passacaglia 10-14-2011 07:17 PM

But if you have dreadlocks under a football helmet, I can legally grab you by them and tackle you. Which is probably what you wanted in the first place.

JediKooter 10-14-2011 07:20 PM

Kinky

sterlingice 10-14-2011 07:20 PM

Isn't that a bit cliche these days?

My wife, expert she is: "Is there some league rule that every player has to have someone who looks like the Predator now"?

SI

molson 10-15-2011 02:02 AM

It was hard to watch Artie Lange on Letterman tonight. Lange is still broken. Howard Stern is smart to keep him the hell away.

terpkristin 10-15-2011 11:21 AM

For the Maryland homecoming tailgate today, we're doing Krispy Kreme burgers. Can't wait!

/tk

stevew 10-17-2011 12:36 PM

Don't drink too much of the new green Mt Dew GameFuel. It will turn your poop a diseased shade. I thought I might be dying the other night but remembered the Dew.

DataKing 10-17-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2550814)
Don't drink too much of the new green Mt Dew GameFuel. It will turn your poop a diseased shade. I thought I might be dying the other night but remembered the Dew.

A diet consisting entirely of Fruit Loops will do the same thing. Don't ask how I know that...

M GO BLUE!!! 10-17-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors (Post 2549350)
I want to get dreadlocks, but I only want them if I can wear a football helmet all the time, because they look cooler under a helmet.

stevew 10-18-2011 10:12 AM

There's this pretty hot looking deaf girl in one of my classes. I wonder how you'd hit on her. You'd have to have a good text game I would imagine.

Breeze 10-18-2011 11:22 AM

Going through a 5th round of major layoffs at my company in my 10 years...we'll see if I survive this one. (if the economy was better I'd probably perfer to be released so I could get another job and not have to worry about repaying the company for my master's degree)

Note: I was actually fired in the first one 8 years ago, but then then in the exit interview they decided to move me to another department on a trial bases...I guess I passed that trial...

Rizon 10-18-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2551342)
There's this pretty hot looking deaf girl in one of my classes. I wonder how you'd hit on her. You'd have to have a good text game I would imagine.

Much like most girls, she'd want you to be good with your hands and fingers.

MJ4H 10-18-2011 11:35 AM

pics

Passacaglia 10-18-2011 11:36 AM

Ask Pumpy about using Outlook.

Pumpy Tudors 10-18-2011 11:52 AM

i'm a man i'm 40

(spoiler alert i'm not really 40)

JediKooter 10-18-2011 12:44 PM

Just got back from getting a root canal. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but, there were some touch and go moments where, the 'fight or flight' instinct was almost triggered...well, flight more than anything.

Now I get to go back Monday to finish the job. Thank you vicodin...

Ksyrup 10-18-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors (Post 2551400)
i'm a man i'm 40

(spoiler alert i'm not really 40)

I'm both!

Pumpy Tudors 10-18-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 2551457)
I'm both!

mister big stuff who do you think you are oh yeah

Ksyrup 10-18-2011 01:18 PM

I've only got another 10 months to gloat about it.

Lathum 10-18-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2551441)
Just got back from getting a root canal. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but, there were some touch and go moments where, the 'fight or flight' instinct was almost triggered...well, flight more than anything.

Now I get to go back Monday to finish the job. Thank you vicodin...

I had one a few months ago and got the gas, was awesome stuff.

JediKooter 10-18-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2551531)
I had one a few months ago and got the gas, was awesome stuff.

I totally would have gone with the gas, but, gas was unfortunately, not an option. He said he could refer me to a periodontist (which I assume would have had it), but, when I heard that word, I saw visions of dollar signs with wings, flying away from my bank account.

Mustang 10-18-2011 10:18 PM

So, 10 years ago my Mom gave out some things of hers that she didn't want that were her mom's and her grandmas. One brother got some silverware. A year ago, my mom loaned that brother some money against my advice. A year later, he hadn't paid her back so.. what she decided to do today was to call the police and claim my brother stole the silverware from her and $500 when we were moving her... I'm just completely dumbfounded..

Taking him to small claims court, ok, I can understand that. Claiming someone did a felony. Umm... ya, different.

Radii 10-18-2011 10:20 PM

Wow mustang, that makes my family seem kinda sane.