Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf XXXIX: The Lady of La Rochelle–GAME OVER. (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=54979)

Fouts 12-10-2006 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik (Post 1330987)
He doesn't have my trust. I don't care if he is our lieutenant, that doesn't automatically make him good. Remember that there is a captain of the Musketeers as well. I would assume that's a high ranking official.

Make sure you salute when you pass by me. :D

Alan T 12-10-2006 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik (Post 1330987)
He doesn't have my trust. I don't care if he is our lieutenant, that doesn't automatically make him good. Remember that there is a captain of the Musketeers as well. I would assume that's a high ranking official.

I guess this is where me not knowing the full story too well comes in. I guess I assume if someone is the second in command of the Cardinal Guard they are probably more likely to be good than the remainder of people who have not been cleared in any way so far.

Fouts 12-10-2006 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 1330988)
I'm fine with dying, Fouts. I just didn't think your reasoning was very good. I think if I had been around all day and didn't get to your threats to the end of my reading (right at deadline), I probably would have switched off of you. That's on me. But my logic for choosing you in the first place was fine, something you refuse to acknowledge.

If you can't take someone critiquing your poor play, maybe you should try a different game yourself.

Wow, you almost finished the post without an insult. See you in the next game.

Chief Rum 12-10-2006 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1330980)
I don't think you're being fair here Chief. If he had moved it to me, I probably would have been upset as well.. but just like a day 1 vote, he had to choose someone. His vote was on you most of the weekend after you voted him, just no one else followed him to it and he ended up moving his vote to make it more of an impact.

I don't question he would choose me. I question why. He said he had suspicions of others, and yet he chose revenge--the first guy that voted for him and made a case against him. He could have used his ability for something really useful, and he used it for something petty. If I was a living Cardinal, I would be a little annoyed he didn't make a better choice, because by his own admission, he had his suspicions and didn't go with them.

Blade6119 12-10-2006 09:37 PM

So challenging fouts to a duel would not be viewed well by the rest of you? Damn, gotta think up a new plan...

Jonathan Ezarik 12-10-2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1330992)
I guess this is where me not knowing the full story too well comes in. I guess I assume if someone is the second in command of the Cardinal Guard they are probably more likely to be good than the remainder of people who have not been cleared in any way so far.

I don't know the story, either. This is just a gut feeling I'm going with.

Chief Rum 12-10-2006 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fouts (Post 1330993)
Wow, you almost finished the post without an insult. See you in the next game.

Not everyone is going to have a great opinion of your play, Fouts. Sorry to disappoint you.

ntndeacon 12-10-2006 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik (Post 1331001)
I don't know the story, either. This is just a gut feeling I'm going with.

It does sound likely however.

hoopsguy 12-10-2006 09:41 PM

For those who have not read "Three Muskateers" I would highly recommend picking it up and the "Count of Monte Cristo".

For those familiar with those works, is there anything else by Dumas that is worth reading? Based on the Wikipedia entry it sounds like there are two other books feature D'Artagnan ...

BrianD 12-10-2006 09:41 PM

Can we save all this crap for the post-game recap?

st.cronin 12-10-2006 09:42 PM

Fouts, who are you suspicious of?

Fouts 12-10-2006 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianD (Post 1331009)
Can we save all this crap for the post-game recap?

Apparently its ok to keep posting long after you die.

Fouts 12-10-2006 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1331010)
Fouts, who are you suspicious of?

We just killed him. My other choice was Alan. I'm not sure what CR is refering to, it was always either him or Alan.

Blade6119 12-10-2006 09:44 PM

Is no one else finding this funny as hell? :)

st.cronin 12-10-2006 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fouts (Post 1331015)
We just killed him. My other choice was Alan. I'm not sure what CR is refering to, it was always either him or Alan.

I thought it was the case that you figured those players weren't seers.

BrianD 12-10-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade6119 (Post 1331016)

More sad really.

Fouts 12-10-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Funny or ironic?

st.cronin 12-10-2006 09:46 PM

What I mean is, that's not quite the same thing as thinking somebody is suspicious. I just don't want to be lynching Alan for a not-particularly-good reason tomorrow.

Jonathan Ezarik 12-10-2006 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 1330994)
If I was a living Cardinal, I would be a little annoyed he didn't make a better choice, because by his own admission, he had his suspicions and didn't go with them.

This is the main reason I don't trust Fouts. He pointed out st.cronin earlier and had voted for him before switching to Chief, but when the time comes to select someone to die, he goes for the revenge vote. If he had taken out st.cronin, he'd have my trust (assuming st.cronin didn't come up as a valuable role for us).

Fouts 12-10-2006 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1331019)
I thought it was the case that you figured those players weren't seers.

Yep, seer types don't do what they did. I have no information on anyone else. My choice was self-preservation and maybe get a bad guy without killing a seer.

Fouts 12-10-2006 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1331023)
What I mean is, that's not quite the same thing as thinking somebody is suspicious. I just don't want to be lynching Alan for a not-particularly-good reason tomorrow.

Oh, well I can't help you there.

Fouts 12-10-2006 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik (Post 1331024)
This is the main reason I don't trust Fouts. He pointed out st.cronin earlier and had voted for him before switching to Chief, but when the time comes to select someone to die, he goes for the revenge vote. If he had taken out st.cronin, he'd have my trust (assuming st.cronin didn't come up as a valuable role for us).

Huh? My first vote was on CR. I jumped on st.cronin because NTN pointed out the priest connection. st.cronin hinted at a valuable role, and Gramm said being a priest is random. If I had picked st.cronin after that it would have been a big mistake.

You have some information that the rest of us don't? Some connection to CR?

BrianD 12-10-2006 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fouts (Post 1331035)
Huh? My first vote was on CR. I jumped on st.cronin because NTN pointed out the priest connection. st.cronin hinted at a valuable role, and Gramm said being a priest is random. If I had picked st.cronin after that it would have been a big mistake.

If he has a connection to CR, isn't that a good thing?

Blade6119 12-10-2006 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fouts (Post 1331022)
Funny or ironic?

funny...i have found most of the recent squabbles funny as hell. People get worked up over relatively little nowadays. Lathum and i need to have another blow-up and remind you all how to properly have an argument :D

dubb93 12-10-2006 09:59 PM

Jon, Fouts is in my mind the only proven good guy at this point. I'm afraid by trying as hard as you are to discredit him you are only digging your own grave.

Jonathan Ezarik 12-10-2006 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fouts (Post 1331035)

The only connection I have to Chief is that we are (were, in his case) both good.

Sorry, but I don't like how you handled this one. It's nothing personal, but I'm not going to trust you just because you are the lieutenant. In my book, a man of honor would have challenged his accusers rather than sending them to die.

Fouts 12-10-2006 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianD (Post 1331039)
If he has a connection to CR, isn't that a good thing?

Who knows? People still want me as a suspect even after duking somebody.

Lathum 12-10-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

quick! piss someone off so you can become the center of attention again!
:p

BrianD 12-10-2006 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik (Post 1331051)
The only connection I have to Chief is that we are (were, in his case) both good.

Sorry, but I don't like how you handled this one. It's nothing personal, but I'm not going to trust you just because you are the lieutenant. In my book, a man of honor would have challenged his accusers rather than sending them to die.

Would you really have done differently? I sure wouldn't have.

Jonathan Ezarik 12-10-2006 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubb93 (Post 1331050)
Jon, Fouts is in my mind the only proven good guy at this point. I'm afraid by trying as hard as you are to discredit him you are only digging your own grave.

I can't wrap my head around accepting someone as good who just sent one of us to die instead of him. That's the most cowardly act anyone can commit. If that gets me killed, so be it.

dubb93 12-10-2006 10:01 PM

Calling Fout's play poor is pretty funny at this point. I'm sure if everyone else had the chance today they would have fought instead of lynching somone else.

Also on that point, I'm sure if everyone else had the chance to duke someone they would have picked a musketeer, blindly on DAY 1!

Geez, give the guy a break. I've seen a million day one dukings. They are rarely good.

Fouts 12-10-2006 10:01 PM

Quote:

You are treading a fine line here soldier. You want to challenge me?

Blade6119 12-10-2006 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1331056)
quick! piss someone off so you can become the center of attention again!
:p

Lathum, u dontt spel mucch gud

Alan T 12-10-2006 10:03 PM

Quote:

Um to be fair, he did challenge Chief and I.

The only complaints I had was that it waited till like 20 min before lynch at which point switching off to someone who then wouldnt be able to defend themselves would have been likely.

The other complaint I had was that he singled out Chief and I, when I wasn't actively campaigning for people to vote for Fouts and a few others just jumped on without much thought or information given. I don't like when active involved players are targeted allowing UtR players to slide on their votes without any accountability.

Jonathan Ezarik 12-10-2006 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianD (Post 1331059)
Would you really have done differently? I sure wouldn't have.

Yes, I would have. First, I wouldn't have been so nonchalant about being lynched. I wouldn't have made it a big deal to Alan that I was a nobody and losing me wasn't a concern. I would've done my best to convince those that voted for me to change their votes, instead of threatening them.

st.cronin 12-10-2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1331069)

The only complaints I had was that it waited till like 20 min before lynch at which point switching off to someone who then wouldnt be able to defend themselves would have been likely.

The other complaint I had was that he singled out Chief and I, when I wasn't actively campaigning for people to vote for Fouts and a few others just jumped on without much thought or information given. I don't like when active involved players are targeted allowing UtR players to slide on their votes without any accountability.

I wasn't a big fan of who he picked, either, but I can certainly see his logic.

Jonathan Ezarik 12-10-2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1331069)

Did he officially challenge you two? As in dropping his glove? If so, I missed that.

Alan T 12-10-2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik (Post 1331061)
I can't wrap my head around accepting someone as good who just sent one of us to die instead of him. That's the most cowardly act anyone can commit. If that gets me killed, so be it.

If you are 100% sure you are good, you have the following options:

Just letting yourself be lynched and have 0% chance of duking a bad guy.
Randomly duking someone else and have a 5% chance of duking a bad guy.

He gave the opportunity if Chief or I had an important role to move it and get out of that risk (even though I still argue it was relatively short notice and would have been as much suspect if not more so to do so at that point, plus the possibility of him still bluffing at that point).

So if you are fairly confident you wont duke an important role, a 5% chance is better than a 0% chance. Even if its still very small.

dubb93 12-10-2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik (Post 1331070)
Yes, I would have. First, I wouldn't have been so nonchalant about being lynched. I wouldn't have made it a big deal to Alan that I was a nobody and losing me wasn't a concern. I would've done my best to convince those that voted for me to change their votes, instead of threatening them.

Again Jon, I ask. What exactly is your agenda?

If you were fouts, you would have died knowing you were a good guy instead of taking a shot at getting a bad guy? You my friend have an agenda I do not like.

Fouts 12-10-2006 10:07 PM

You guys don't have to like my play. I don't like when I get killed either, but its part of the game. Accept it and move on. If you think I'm bad, lynch me tomorrow.

Alan T 12-10-2006 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik (Post 1331075)
Did he officially challenge you two? As in dropping his glove? If so, I missed that.

He didn't challenge by dropping a glove, he challenged verbally by telling us what the possible results of our choices would be. THen it was up to us to decide if he was bluffing or not.

dubb93 12-10-2006 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fouts (Post 1331079)
If you think I'm bad, lynch me tomorrow.

I'm not going to let that happen Fouts.

Jonathan Ezarik 12-10-2006 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fouts (Post 1331064)
You are treading a fine line here soldier. You want to challenge me?

I'm not a fool. If I challenge you and kill you and you turn up good, I've signed my death warrant.

BrianD 12-10-2006 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik (Post 1331070)

OK, I can see some of those arguments. I too probably would have tried hard to not be in a position to use the power on day 1, but we do now have a trusted (for the most part) player to work around. I think there will be some benefit there.

I thought you were complaining that he used the power rather than just went ahead with the duel. Once the votes were in, I would have used the power too.

Fouts 12-10-2006 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik (Post 1331083)
I'm not a fool. If I challenge you and kill you and you turn up good, I've signed my death warrant.

I made my play, and I accept the outcome. You seem happy to stand in the peanut gallery and throw insults at me. I am starting to think you are not one of my guard.

BrianD 12-10-2006 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fouts (Post 1331079)
You guys don't have to like my play. I don't like when I get killed either, but its part of the game. Accept it and move on. If you think I'm bad, lynch me tomorrow.

I don't think there will be much danger of that unless something unexpected comes out of the night actions.

I haven't decided yet if I like your play for the day. It would have been nice to save that power for a little later (if you could have talked your way out of the lynch), but it is also nice to have one confirmed good guy. Either way, I'm not going to sweat the outcome too much. This day is over and we have to build off of it.

Jonathan Ezarik 12-10-2006 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fouts (Post 1331091)
I made my play, and I accept the outcome. You seem happy to stand in the peanut gallery and throw insults at me. I am starting to think you are not one of my guard.

I guess that depends on which guard you mean by yours: the Cardinal's or the Musketeers'?

If I was evil, would I really be sticking my neck out because of what happened with Chief?

Fouts 12-10-2006 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianD (Post 1331093)
I don't think there will be much danger of that unless something unexpected comes out of the night actions.

I haven't decided yet if I like your play for the day. It would have been nice to save that power for a little later (if you could have talked your way out of the lynch), but it is also nice to have one confirmed good guy. Either way, I'm not going to sweat the outcome too much. This day is over and we have to build off of it.

I agree, it would have been nice if I could have talked my way out of it. Unfortunately, Alan was hung up on what I said this morning about not caring about the lynch.

When I got back, I tried to find a better candidate than myself to go to the duel, but people weren't moving their vote. Not my fault, keep your vote on me take a chance at getting duked. I dropped a bunch of hints during the last 3 hours.

Jonathan Ezarik 12-10-2006 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1331081)
He didn't challenge by dropping a glove, he challenged verbally by telling us what the possible results of our choices would be. THen it was up to us to decide if he was bluffing or not.

Then he didn't officially challenge you two.

Alan T 12-10-2006 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik (Post 1331105)
Then he didn't officially challenge you two.

How does the Vince Vaughn line from "The Break-up" go? Something about resorting to violence when you run out of ideas to talk about? :)