Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Simple Game Day 4 (Deadline Thursday 10 PM EDT) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=65682)

Axxon 06-12-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 1748881)
I really hope PB gets back and drunkenly rants.

I'm tempted to go get drunk so I can rant at him. ;)

Racer 06-12-2008 09:35 PM

I almost pulled the trigger on day 2 trying to get a last minute vote on DaddyTorgo and pulling my vote off whoever I currently was on. I didn't want to put a target on my back like that though being the seer when there was a good chance it would fail and also because I didn't feel all that much worse about DaddyTorgo then I did about the other two. I also thought there was a good chance that Claph was a wolf.

If LSG or PurdueBrad would have put a vote on DT or Claph (who I also had a bad feeling about), I would put a second vote on either one.

Axxon 06-12-2008 09:36 PM

Danny, I have a question for you. Honestly, had I not revealed would you have voted with me?

I really didn't feel you were the sorcerer so before the morning I had considered playing it straight and trying to win your vote. That was a big reason I waited so long to reveal and was the exact reason I posted "I don't understand that logic" to clap.

Axxon 06-12-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1748905)
I almost pulled the trigger on day 2 trying to get a last minute vote on DaddyTorgo and pulling my vote off whoever I currently was on. I didn't want to put a target on my back like that though being the seer when there was a good chance it would fail and also because I didn't feel all that much worse about DaddyTorgo then I did about the other two. I also thought there was a good chance that Claph was a wolf.

If LSG or PurdueBrad would have put a vote on DT or Claph (who I also had a bad feeling about), I would put a second vote on either one.

That would have made me either have to back off my DT vote or play solo for most of the game. Would have definitely been a different game that's for sure.

Axxon 06-12-2008 09:49 PM

I also have to give props to Danny. I think he deserves more credit in the win. I believed he a villager and his fake reveal while obviously fake did give me a tinge of doubt ( a little more than yours did clap ) so while I was never going to vote PB I almost voted Danny and if I did, PB would have probably realized what that meant. Well, one can hope anyway.

But, I was still hoping to keep my cover and I really believed clap would have a better chance if he was the sorcerer of jumping to a human than Danny would since he had more experience.

Racer 06-12-2008 10:01 PM

Well my official werewolf record improves to 2-2 although there should probably be an asterisk next to it. :)

Racer 06-12-2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxon (Post 1748916)
I also have to give props to Danny. I think he deserves more credit in the win. I believed he a villager and his fake reveal while obviously fake did give me a tinge of doubt ( a little more than yours did clap ) so while I was never going to vote PB I almost voted Danny and if I did, PB would have probably realized what that meant. Well, one can hope anyway.

But, I was still hoping to keep my cover and I really believed clap would have a better chance if he was the sorcerer of jumping to a human than Danny would since he had more experience.

By the way, when you voted for Claph this morning, I thought the villagers were going to win until you came out and revealed yourself to be a wolf. It was unexpected excitement one moment then disappointment the next.

Axxon 06-12-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1748923)
By the way, when you voted for Claph this morning, I thought the villagers were going to win until you came out and revealed yourself to be a wolf. It was unexpected excitement one moment then disappointment the next.

I guess I'll take that as complement that I could fly the entire game that far under the radar but that was my undoing.

Danny 06-12-2008 10:18 PM

Awesome! I knew PurdueBrad was the sorcerer long ago. Perhaps I was convincing enough as the sorcerer that I convinced him he was a regular villager.

Danny 06-12-2008 10:20 PM

I had a feeling Axxon was the other wolf. His comment previously about forgetting the deadline, but not wanting to change his vote anyway didn't sit right with me. And honestly, clap acted so ridiculous I thought he would have to be an idiot to act like that as the wolf.

Danny 06-12-2008 10:24 PM

though Axxon, you played very well. I did not think at all you could be the wolf until this round and I said that was mostly due to clap acting so ridiculous i didn't think he was the wolf.

Danny 06-12-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxon (Post 1748908)
Danny, I have a question for you. Honestly, had I not revealed would you have voted with me?

I really didn't feel you were the sorcerer so before the morning I had considered playing it straight and trying to win your vote. That was a big reason I waited so long to reveal and was the exact reason I posted "I don't understand that logic" to clap.

Didn't see this. I honestly didn't think clap was the wolf because he acted fairly ridiculous. You played great, so I didn't really think you were the wolf either, but I knew one of you had to be because we knew PB was not. It's very possible depending on the exchange I would have voted with you. I've been talking with my fiancee about the game over the course of it and last night I went back and forth on who I thought was the wolf. The only thing I was really confident about going into this round was that PB was the sorcerer.

On another note, my fiancee really wants to play a game of WW now. would it be acceptable if we wanted to play in the same game do you guys think?

Alan T 06-12-2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1748956)
Didn't see this. I honestly didn't think clap was the wolf because he acted fairly ridiculous. You played great, so I didn't really think you were the wolf either, but I knew one of you had to be because we knew PB was not. It's very possible depending on the exchange I would have voted with you. I've been talking with my fiancee about the game over the course of it and last night I went back and forth on who I thought was the wolf. The only thing I was really confident about going into this round was that PB was the sorcerer.

On another note, my fiancee really wants to play a game of WW now. would it be acceptable if we wanted to play in the same game do you guys think?

Sure, there are several couples that played games together (Render, Telle), (Lathum, MollyMurphy), (Goldeneagle, Lonestargil), (Lathum, Saldana), etc... Basically the rule is you can't talk about the current game with each other outside of the game unless you specifically have a role to allow it. If she is interested, have her join in on the next one!

PurdueBrad 06-12-2008 10:46 PM

GD it!!!!!!!! I could've f-ing sworn that Claph was the wolf. MOTHERF----- and I thought Axxon was posturing. This is completely my f-ing bad.

Racer 06-12-2008 11:01 PM

Well hats off to Claph then. Whether you intended it or not, you had two people thinking you were the wolf. PurdueBrad all day apparently and me until this morning.

PurdueBrad 06-12-2008 11:02 PM

I had pegged Claph on day 2 and was sure he was the wolf. Wow, Axxon, DT, my bad, my very, very bad.

Alan T 06-12-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1748993)
I had pegged Claph on day 2 and was sure he was the wolf. Wow, Axxon, DT, my bad, my very, very bad.

if it means much, on day 2 I sent a pm to barkeep asking him if the wolves were: Claphamsa and Purduebrad.. he never answered me though lol. :)

PurdueBrad 06-12-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1748995)
if it means much, on day 2 I sent a pm to barkeep asking him if the wolves were: Claphamsa and Purduebrad.. he never answered me though lol. :)

Thanks, mine said Claph and Racer and was sent on day 2 as well.

PurdueBrad 06-12-2008 11:10 PM

My big problem was that I thought it was Claph first, Racer second, and if I had to go to a third, Axxon. I didn't have DT at all but I felt they played off each other a bit the night that DT was lynched and Claph's last attempt to switch BACK to voting for Racer made me think I was right, Claph was a wolf.

PurdueBrad 06-12-2008 11:12 PM

This isn't meant disrespectfully about narcizo because I enjoyed him as a player, but this might be my narcizo moment. I may bow for awhile once I get myself lynched in the other game. Even if I don't bow out completely, I'll be on vacation for two weeks w/o access so that's not the world's worst thing.

Axxon 06-12-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1748940)
I had a feeling Axxon was the other wolf. His comment previously about forgetting the deadline, but not wanting to change his vote anyway didn't sit right with me. And honestly, clap acted so ridiculous I thought he would have to be an idiot to act like that as the wolf.

Actually though, that really was the truth. :)

Racer 06-12-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1749005)
My big problem was that I thought it was Claph first, Racer second, and if I had to go to a third, Axxon. I didn't have DT at all but I felt they played off each other a bit the night that DT was lynched and Claph's last attempt to switch BACK to voting for Racer made me think I was right, Claph was a wolf.

Thinking back, what's crazy about that vote is that unless I am mistaken:

Axxon, Danny, and myself voted to lynch DaddyTorgo while DT, Claph, and you voted to lynch me. If Axxon would have switched his vote in the last minute, the wolves would have won. I'd really like to know what Claph was thinking doing all those last minute vote switches.

Axxon 06-12-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1749011)
Thinking back, what's crazy about that vote is that unless I am mistaken:

Axxon, Danny, and myself voted to lynch DaddyTorgo while DT, Claph, and you voted to lynch me. If Axxon would have switched his vote in the last minute, the wolves would have won. I really have no idea what Claph's intention was thinking in that last minute doing so many vote switches.

At that point my mind was set on today. I've never played and I never dreamed I could have outfoxed someone that badly that they wouldn't budge. I was doing the math and the math added up.

DaddyTorgo had wanted me to try and save him and I'd already convinced him it was the wrong play. Once the vote was 4-2 there was no point except to put the spotlight a bit more on me which it turns out would have been a good thing but I was always keeping the Danny play open too.

Ahh, live and learn.

DaddyTorgo 06-12-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1749008)
This isn't meant disrespectfully about narcizo because I enjoyed him as a player, but this might be my narcizo moment. I may bow for awhile once I get myself lynched in the other game. Even if I don't bow out completely, I'll be on vacation for two weeks w/o access so that's not the world's worst thing.

PB - I'm a little peeved at you - not for thinking that clap was the wolf, but for being somewhat AWOL today when Axxon was here BEGGING for you to read what he wrote - and all we got from you was a brief check-in that you were going out.

I don't begrudge you your social-life or anything, but it was just frustrating, because axxon came straight-out and declared, and IMO you're a strong enough player that I would have thought you would have taken Axxon's reveal and also the evidence of the game and realized that Axxon was telling the truth.

Ah well...I was livid earlier...but ya know what...it's just a game. No worries man, don't let one mess-up drive you away if you enjoy it.

Danny 06-13-2008 01:01 AM

This was my first time playing and I want to thank you all as I had a blast. I felt I did a really good job reading people and making the right votes. It will be a challenge for me when I am wolf though, I'm usually not a very good liar :).

Narcizo 06-13-2008 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1748967)
GD it!!!!!!!! I could've f-ing sworn that Claph was the wolf. MOTHERF----- and I thought Axxon was posturing. This is completely my f-ing bad.

Me too if that's any consolation. Why else would Axxon vote DT the other day, unless he wasn't around to switch at the last minute.

However I'm pleased my wolfdar is in some sort of semblance of working order as I made DT as a wolf on day two.

Axxon 06-13-2008 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcizo (Post 1749045)
Me too if that's any consolation. Why else would Axxon vote DT the other day, unless he wasn't around to switch at the last minute.

However I'm pleased my wolfdar is in some sort of semblance of working order as I made DT as a wolf on day two.

I couldn't save him so why even try?

Racer held the tiebreaker and unless clap would not have changed, which I'm pretty sure he would, the best we could do is 3-3. I didn't feel like switching and putting a target on my back when all I needed was the sorcerer to believe my reveal when I had the tiebreaker. It was playing the odds while believing I was posturing on the last day was thinking I would play against them.

Axxon 06-13-2008 02:26 AM

[quote=Danny;1749040]This was my first time playing and I want to thank you all as I had a blast. I felt I did a really good job reading people and making the right votes. It will be a challenge for me when I am wolf tho

The groovy thing is as far as I know, I never lied once. :)

claphamsa 06-13-2008 06:22 AM

[quote=Axxon;1749050]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1749040)
This was my first time playing and I want to thank you all as I had a blast. I felt I did a really good job reading people and making the right votes. It will be a challenge for me when I am wolf tho

The groovy thing is as far as I know, I never lied once. :)

whats the point of playgin then :)

Axxon 06-13-2008 06:36 AM

[quote=claphamsa;1749075]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxon (Post 1749050)

whats the point of playgin then :)

Hey, wolves are supposed to be sly, not liars. :)

I think I was too sly though.

jeheinz72 06-13-2008 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1748962)
Sure, there are several couples that played games together (Render, Telle), (Lathum, MollyMurphy), (Goldeneagle, Lonestargil), (Lathum, Saldana), etc... Basically the rule is you can't talk about the current game with each other outside of the game unless you specifically have a role to allow it. If she is interested, have her join in on the next one!

Ya know, a good Lathum/Saldana joke really doesn't get old.

Fun game to read guys, rather surprising result.

I too had DT as a wolf early, though I whiffed on his partner.

DaddyTorgo 06-13-2008 08:41 AM

yeah but everyone always has me as a wolf - seems like i'm somewhat inheriting lathum's mantle of being a wolf far more often than the odds would seem to dictate.

random.org loves me or hates me...lol

Lathum 06-13-2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1748962)
Sure, there are several couples that played games together (Lathum, MollyMurphy), (Lathum, Saldana),

i hate you

Lathum 06-13-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1749040)
It will be a challenge for me when I am wolf though, I'm usually not a very good liar :).

i have the same problem

Lathum 06-13-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1749141)
Ya know, a good Lathum/Saldana joke really doesn't get old.

as much as i hate to admit it that's so true

Lathum 06-13-2008 09:26 AM

and i hate the wolves for killing me night 1, I can't remember the last time that happened

Narcizo 06-16-2008 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxon (Post 1749049)
I couldn't save him so why even try?

Racer held the tiebreaker and unless clap would not have changed, which I'm pretty sure he would, the best we could do is 3-3. I didn't feel like switching and putting a target on my back when all I needed was the sorcerer to believe my reveal when I had the tiebreaker. It was playing the odds while believing I was posturing on the last day was thinking I would play against them.

Well "putting a target on your back" would have meant that the sorceror believed your reveal so you'd have won that way as well. Werewolf is a weird game. And hindsight is a great thing. I'm just saying that I could understand where PB was coming from.