Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Random Thoughts That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Go Here (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77784)

PilotMan 12-17-2011 06:20 PM

I don't understand why people get paid to make movies like this?

Armless (2010) - IMDb

Seriously? A comedy about a guy who wants to cut off his arms? Oh, and if you want you can watch it instantly on Netflix.

Suburban Rhythm 12-19-2011 12:17 PM

My glasses broke Saturday. I'm not blind without them, but pretty close.

I was already getting an eye exam + new glasses tomorrow...but today, I am wearing taped up glasses straight out of Revenge of the Nerds

Autumn 12-19-2011 02:09 PM

Those guys got plenty of action, you'll be all right.

thesloppy 12-19-2011 02:11 PM

Wormser is a master of aerodynamics and designed a jevelin to go along with Lamar's limp-wristed throwing style.

Pumpy Tudors 12-19-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors (Post 2538147)
I mentioned in this thread once before that I am virtually incapable of talking to blondes. A blonde was just hired to be the lead on one of my work projects. I've technically worked with her before, but this is the first time that I'll have to actually work closely with her and communicate one-on-one. I'm scared. I'm not good with girls, especially blonde ones. :(

One blonde conquered. Ms. Project Lead and I are tight now. gg tudors

Ksyrup 12-19-2011 03:10 PM

So Friday night the wife and I went XMas shopping. I ended up in line at TrU with a set of Lego's, a nerf football, and a Star Wars lightsaber... all for my 7 year old daughter.

Pumpy Tudors 12-19-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 2584749)
So Friday night the wife and I went XMas shopping. I ended up in line at TrU with a set of Lego's, a nerf football, and a Star Wars lightsaber... all for my 7 year old daughter.

You're pretty cool, but your daughter has officially become cooler than you are.

Ksyrup 12-19-2011 03:22 PM

Football has become her favorite sport. Poor kid - she's only about 50 pounds and would end up broken in 165 pieces if she actually tried playing. I got her the nerf so we can play outside. We play football in the house with those soft/squeezable footballs all the time. I justify the ball-throwing in the house to my wife by explaining that it's doing wonders for her eye-hand coordination in softball and basketball.

The sword fighting? I don't have an easy explanation for.

JediKooter 12-19-2011 03:27 PM

I think Ksyrup and his daughter are cool because of the Star Wars purchase. :)

Ksyrup 12-19-2011 03:36 PM

Yeah, I wasn't going to buy that simply because I don't feel like having my knuckles smacked repeatedly over the next few months, but...

JediKooter 12-19-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 2584771)
Yeah, I wasn't going to buy that simply because I don't feel like having my knuckles smacked repeatedly over the next few months, but...

You must unlearn what you have learned...

Radii 12-19-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors (Post 2584745)
One blonde conquered.

2 full hours and no one has taken this horribly out of context yet?

terpkristin 12-19-2011 06:09 PM

If you ever want to get the credit card fraud department shutting down your card, a really good way to do it is to go abroad, spend a good bit of money, then try to make a large purchase on the day you return.

*facepalm*

All sorted out, but I should've thought about it before I went to the store..

/tk

JediKooter 12-19-2011 06:20 PM

Butter knives can cut you. Found that out last night with my thumb.

Grover 12-19-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 2584749)

These are all things I would want for Christmas.

terpkristin 12-19-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2584829)
Butter knives can cut you. Found that out last night with my thumb.

So can plastic knives. I found that out a few months ago while trying to cut a bagel with a plastic knife. Never thought I'd make such a mess with a plastic knife. Never done that with a real knife.

/tk

JediKooter 12-19-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terpkristin (Post 2584838)
So can plastic knives. I found that out a few months ago while trying to cut a bagel with a plastic knife. Never thought I'd make such a mess with a plastic knife. Never done that with a real knife.

/tk

Damn. Didn't know you could do that with a plastic knife. This stuff is getting more dangerous the older I get.

Julio Riddols 12-19-2011 11:33 PM

Sometimes fantasy football rips your heart out.

booradley 12-20-2011 07:10 PM

Last 10 Songs Added to My IPOD

Down Boy - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
It's My Own Cheating Heart That Makes Me Cry - Glasvegas
The World Come On - Dandy Warhols
Silent Guns - New Cassettes
You're the Kind of Girl - Lee Fields
Any Way You Want It - Journey (now you KNOW I'm not kidding!)
Fauxhemia - Dead Milkmen
Prisoner (Light Asylum remix) - Binary
Beam Me Up (Jacques Renault remix) - Midnight Magic
Hot Mess (Duck Sauce remix) - Chromeo

Random songs for a random thread.

JediKooter 12-21-2011 03:03 PM

A little less than 4 and a half hours and I can finally start my vacation.

Suicane75 12-21-2011 03:36 PM

The Wallflowers have an impressive array of righteous songs for such a small catalog.

JediKooter 12-21-2011 04:33 PM

Venting time. I'm on the verge of ending a professional relationship, but, don't want it to affect the friendship that is involved. Even though it was a professional relationship to begin with that evolved into that person becoming a friend, I am at my wits end with him and this project of his that I'm working on with him.

While I understand that this project is his 'baby', he keeps blaming the technology for his woes. No matter how many times I try to tell him or get him to understand that when you are dealing with software, it is never going to work 100% they way you THINK it should work. He also paints himself into a corner and commits to submission deadlines before having any of the issues resolved or at the very least, a solution worked out. He's also switched software apps in the middle of the project 2 times. Not because they don't work, but, because they don't work the way he thinks they should work. Which is what I don't get. He's not stupid and he reads up on the software and manuals and reaches out for help when he runs into an issue.

Anyway, it's gotten to the point where he is just too 'bi-polar' (I don't know how else to describe it) and I just don't want to work with him anymore, not only on this project, but, any future projects. However, I feel obligated to see this project to the end.

Anyway, just ranting/venting. Just tired of being stressed out over something that shouldn't be this stressful in my opinion.

booradley 12-21-2011 09:12 PM

Crappy-ass Wendy's baby

That Wendy's baby freaks me out. My animosity towards Wendy's is really starting to grow. Where will it all end???

Draft Dodger 12-21-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2585897)
Venting time. I'm on the verge of ending a professional relationship, but, don't want it to affect the friendship that is involved. Even though it was a professional relationship to begin with that evolved into that person becoming a friend, I am at my wits end with him and this project of his that I'm working on with him.

While I understand that this project is his 'baby', he keeps blaming the technology for his woes. No matter how many times I try to tell him or get him to understand that when you are dealing with software, it is never going to work 100% they way you THINK it should work. He also paints himself into a corner and commits to submission deadlines before having any of the issues resolved or at the very least, a solution worked out. He's also switched software apps in the middle of the project 2 times. Not because they don't work, but, because they don't work the way he thinks they should work. Which is what I don't get. He's not stupid and he reads up on the software and manuals and reaches out for help when he runs into an issue.

Anyway, it's gotten to the point where he is just too 'bi-polar' (I don't know how else to describe it) and I just don't want to work with him anymore, not only on this project, but, any future projects. However, I feel obligated to see this project to the end.

Anyway, just ranting/venting. Just tired of being stressed out over something that shouldn't be this stressful in my opinion.

is his name George?

Critch 12-21-2011 09:49 PM

Apparently Stevie Wonder isnt blind. He had an operation 15 years ago that cured him, but he's keeping it quiet for the sake of his "blind gimmick".

Or so some nut I know told me today anyway.

MacroGuru 12-22-2011 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critch (Post 2586047)
Apparently Stevie Wonder isnt blind. He had an operation 15 years ago that cured him, but he's keeping it quiet for the sake of his "blind gimmick".

Or so some nut I know told me today anyway.

If they also told you the government did it to help with spying...then I would say you were speaking to my ex-wife.

flounder 12-22-2011 07:24 AM

I would just like to make a general announcement. I am in fact ready for the holidays. You can stop asking me about it now.

Kodos 12-22-2011 07:32 AM

How about that Tebow kid?!

Coffee Warlord 12-22-2011 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flounder (Post 2586101)
I would just like to make a general announcement. I am in fact ready for the holidays to be over. You can stop asking me about it now.

I believe that would be more accurate in my case.

Ksyrup 12-22-2011 08:13 AM

We had chili the other night. As we were finishing, I grabbed the shredded cheese bag to close it up. Unbeknownst to me, it had laid up against the chili and there was some on the back side of the bag. So when I went to close it, I got chili all over my white t-shirt.

So quickly, I grabbed my napkin, dipped it in my water, and started wiping the chili away. That's when I realized that the blue and green patterns on the napkin were bleeding through onto my shirt. Now I've got a big fucking mess, right?

So I did what any desperate person would do - I improvised. I saw the sour cream, figured it would work well as white-out, and put some on my shirt.

My kids thought it was hilarious. My wife was not quite as enthusiastic about it. I thought it was pretty damn ingenious, if I do say so myself.

Kodos 12-22-2011 09:05 AM

For some reason, that reminds me of the Simpsons where they got lizards to eat the birds, then monkeys to eat lizards.

Ksyrup 12-22-2011 09:14 AM

All I know is, my shirt was white when I left the table.

Lathum 12-22-2011 09:39 AM

Last day of work until the new year! Now all I have to do is survive a 6 hour red eye flight tonight with a 20 month old and I'll be all set!

MacroGuru 12-22-2011 11:01 AM

This just in...I hate our software used for Design and Quoting..

sterlingice 12-22-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 2586132)
For some reason, that reminds me of the Simpsons where they got lizards to eat the birds, then monkeys to eat lizards.

Skinner: Well, I was wrong. The lizards are a godsend.
Lisa: But isn't that a bit short-sighted? What happens when we're overrun by lizards?
Skinner: No problem. We simply release wave after wave of Chinese needle snakes. They'll wipe out the lizards.
Lisa: But aren't the snakes even worse?
Skinner: Yes, but we're prepared for that. We've lined up a fabulous type of gorilla that thrives on snake meat.
Lisa: But then we're stuck with gorillas!
Skinner: No, that's the beautiful part. When wintertime rolls around, the gorillas simply freeze to death.

Classic scene :)

SI

Ksyrup 12-22-2011 01:01 PM

Sour cream > Gorillas

sterlingice 12-22-2011 01:07 PM

Have you ever tried sour cream on gorilla meat?

SI

Ksyrup 12-22-2011 01:11 PM

No, I can't say I have. Cottage cheese, sure, but not sour cream. That sounds gross.

sabotai 12-22-2011 04:35 PM

If they'd rather die than they better do it, and decrease the surplus population!

molson 12-23-2011 02:12 PM

PING Pumpy:

Will Smith 'Fresh Prince' reunion photo on Facebook | PopWatch | EW.com

This photo started some buzz of there being some kind of official Fresh Prince reunion in the works, but it appears no, they just actually all hang out on their own time. Except Aunt Vivs I and II.

stevew 12-23-2011 03:23 PM

Went to the grocery store last night and noticed they had whole pork loin on sale for something crazy cheap, like 1.29/lb. Not a professional butcher, but I know what cuts of meat look like. Managed to cut 2 really nice sized roasts, a rack of baby back ribs, some rib chops and some crazy thick porterhouse chops. So, unless someone converts to judiasm in the next week or so, we will have some yummy pork based meals.

Ironhead 12-23-2011 07:26 PM

I got married about three weeks ago in a very private ceremony - just me, my wife, the minister and two witnesses. The witnesses were a couple that the minister married about 8 years ago and were still very much in love. They were really nice people and said that participating in our ceremony felt like a renewal of their vows.

Fast forward to yesterday. We got a call that the husband collapsed at work and died before he reached the hospital. The doctors aren't sure of the cause but it was most likely a massive heart attack. When his wife got to the hospital the news was so traumatic that she passed out and kept passing out everytime she came to. The shock to her system was so bad that she herself had a heart attack and ended up in the ICU. She is in stable condition now but came very close to death.

This entire ordeal is so incredibly sad and tragic. I am not sure how someone recovers from this type of loss. If you can just keep both of these souls in your thought and prayers it would be appreciated.

terpkristin 12-25-2011 09:43 AM

Words cannot express how much I hate my sister-in-law. She's a controlling bitch who's has threatened to hit my brother repeatedly in front of us. She's a terrible parent. And frankly I wish she would just go away.

Unfortunately I can't post this anywhere but here, since I'm "friends" with the psycho on FB so that I can see pictures of my nephew.

I don't think there's anyone I've disliked/hated more than her.

/tk

JonInMiddleGA 12-25-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terpkristin (Post 2587138)
And frankly I wish she would just go away.

Maybe someone could strap her to a rocket or something?

terpkristin 12-25-2011 09:59 AM

Also, the kid is 4 and has a cold. So they're giving him a lot of juice which seems reasonable. But they're also giving him multiple packets at a time of adult Emergen-C. I'm no doctor but I'm pretty sure that once you've hit the max Vitamin C per day, your body will just start excreting it. Given that the Juicy Juice box of apple juice they gave him has 100% RDA of Vitamin C, I can't imagine that they're doing him any good with the "extra" vitamin C, I also wonder if there is any danger of giving him multiple "100% RDA" doses of adult vitamins.

Cripes I hate her.

/tk

stevew 12-25-2011 10:05 AM

I bet that kid has neon urine

sabotai 12-25-2011 10:43 AM

I'm not a doctor nor a parent, but I was under the impression that giving a child anything labeled for adults, especially medication, vitamins, etc., is a big no-no.

MJ4H 12-26-2011 10:08 AM

Is there a TV buying thread here somewhere?

JonInMiddleGA 12-26-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ4H (Post 2587374)
Is there a TV buying thread here somewhere?

This is the most recent one I can find
Can somebody point me to the TV buying discussion thread? - Front Office Football Central

MJ4H 12-26-2011 11:14 AM

Thanks