Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Random Thoughts That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Go Here (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77784)

Neuqua 06-17-2010 07:03 PM

As we grow older, we tend to get jaded. We worry, we stress. Life just doesn't seem as much fun anymore. Today, for the first time in my life a baby puked on me. Then said baby went poopy as I was holding her. Despite all that, correction, BECAUSE of it, today I haven't stopped smiling. Seeing the innocent eyes of curiosity darting across the room in amazement of the simplest things, I wanted nothing more than to switch places with her. We take a lot of things for granted. Today I learned a valuable lesson from the world's youngest teacher. Thank you Miss Arya Verma

JediKooter 06-17-2010 07:13 PM

He said poopy.

Dodgerchick 06-17-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neuqua (Post 2303627)
As we grow older, we tend to get jaded. We worry, we stress. Life just doesn't seem as much fun anymore. Today, for the first time in my life a baby puked on me. Then said baby went poopy as I was holding her. Despite all that, correction, BECAUSE of it, today I haven't stopped smiling. Seeing the innocent eyes of curiosity darting across the room in amazement of the simplest things, I wanted nothing more than to switch places with her. We take a lot of things for granted. Today I learned a valuable lesson from the world's youngest teacher. Thank you Miss Arya Verma

Awww, that's sweet Neuqua :) Kids seem to put things in perspective, don't they?

MJ4H 06-17-2010 09:07 PM

You know, there was a point a number of years ago where we collectively made a decision. No one asked us our opinions, but we all said, ok let's go with it.

Someone decided that people would trade-off a small part of the viewing area on their televisions in order to know what the score and time situation was at ALL times during a game. Not just during breaks or transitions, but ALWAYS.

I think everyone was ok with this. It seems like a great trade-off. Nothing really happens up there anyway. Now, I can just flip through the channels and see the score whenever I want, without having to wait. Or if I'm doing something else, I can just glance up and check it.

At some point, though, it became common, to JUST RANDOMLY FUCKING TAKE THE SCORE BANNER OFF THE SCREEN SOMETIMES. I'm watching the GD finals game right now, while doing something on the computer.

I have looked up 3 separate times to check the score. ALL THREE FUCKING TIMES, it has been one of the times when they RANDOMLY* take the score off the screen.

WHY THE FUCK DO THEY DO THIS? WE AGREED TO GIVE UP THE SPACE FOR THE SCORE AT ALL TIMES. NOW WE ARE GETTING SHAFTED AND WE SHOULDN'T STAND FOR THIS.

*I'm pretty sure they do it during replays for some weird reason.

And yes, this does seriously piss me off. I really feel like they are going back on an agreement when they do this.

Noop 06-17-2010 10:06 PM

What would happen if fast food was outlawed? Would our family become whole again or will everything be the same?

duckman 06-17-2010 11:08 PM

Having short-timers' syndrome is really messing with my give-a-fuck right for work now.

DanGarion 06-17-2010 11:37 PM

Fuck Kobe.

stevew 06-18-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ4H (Post 2303679)
You know, there was a point a number of years ago where we collectively made a decision. No one asked us our opinions, but we all said, ok let's go with it.

Someone decided that people would trade-off a small part of the viewing area on their televisions in order to know what the score and time situation was at ALL times during a game. Not just during breaks or transitions, but ALWAYS.

I think everyone was ok with this. It seems like a great trade-off. Nothing really happens up there anyway. Now, I can just flip through the channels and see the score whenever I want, without having to wait. Or if I'm doing something else, I can just glance up and check it.

At some point, though, it became common, to JUST RANDOMLY FUCKING TAKE THE SCORE BANNER OFF THE SCREEN SOMETIMES. I'm watching the GD finals game right now, while doing something on the computer.

I have looked up 3 separate times to check the score. ALL THREE FUCKING TIMES, it has been one of the times when they RANDOMLY* take the score off the screen.

WHY THE FUCK DO THEY DO THIS? WE AGREED TO GIVE UP THE SPACE FOR THE SCORE AT ALL TIMES. NOW WE ARE GETTING SHAFTED AND WE SHOULDN'T STAND FOR THIS.

And yes, this does seriously piss me off. I really feel like they are going back on an agreement when they do this.

I'm pretty sure that FOX is the only one who really gets this. The rest of the networks certainly don't.

MrBug708 06-18-2010 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanGarion (Post 2303946)
Fuck Kobe.

You'd just accuse him of rape afterwards :)

duff88 06-18-2010 03:07 AM

Being woken up by a nosebleed in the middle of the night is rather annoying.

Danny 06-18-2010 03:09 AM

What's worse is not waking up during one and then waking to coughing blood that you swallowed from it and thinking you are dying :)

duff88 06-18-2010 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2303992)
What's worse is not waking up during one and then waking to coughing blood that you swallowed from it and thinking you are dying :)

Yeah, I guess that would be pretty bad...

Coughing blood and the general feeling of blood in the throat are pretty disguting.

RainMaker 06-18-2010 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duff88 (Post 2303991)
Being woken up by a nosebleed in the middle of the night is rather annoying.

Had that a couple weeks ago.Ended up with some bloody white bed sheets that I had to toss.

sterlingice 06-18-2010 08:20 AM

So a couple of years ago, they stopped making Chocolate Vanilla Creme Pop Tarts, which were my favorites. I was even looking up some info about them a couple of weeks ago. So, yesterday, I go to the store and see they have new Ice Creme Sandwich Pop Tarts, which look identical to the old Vanilla Creme ones. So I try one this morning and they have 25% less sugar and they just don't taste very good. Such disappointment after such hope :(

Wow- that really does belong on this page. This must be what insisting on constantly Twittering is like.

SI

claphamsa 06-18-2010 09:16 AM

STFU people!

I know I am wearing a sweater, I know it is 90 degrees outside... this is 100% irrelevant, as my office is 63!

why would the temperature outside affect what I wear inside? morons.

sterlingice 06-18-2010 09:27 AM

Similar to why I get odd looks for wearing short sleeves in the winter. You keep the building at 80 degrees in the winter- if I could wear shorts, I would ;)

SI

Mustang 06-18-2010 09:29 AM

Must be nice to have a job where your sole task throughout the day is to just sit in your office and eat pistachio nuts all day.

sterlingice 06-18-2010 09:29 AM

They usually call those "managers" ;)

SI

Mustang 06-18-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingice (Post 2304143)
They usually call those "managers" ;)

He is a 'relationship manager' so, he does even less.

DataKing 06-18-2010 10:02 AM

Mmm...Vernor's.

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 06-18-2010 10:40 AM

I woke up yesterday and wanted to buy a new car. So last night I did.

JediKooter 06-18-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (Post 2304353)
I woke up yesterday and wanted to buy a new car. So last night I did.

What did you get?

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 06-18-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2304400)
What did you get?

I bought a 2010 Jetta Sportwagen. I'm diggin it.

JediKooter 06-18-2010 11:00 AM

That's cool. Get a good deal on it?

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 06-18-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2304425)
That's cool. Get a good deal on it?

I think so. And I enjoyed the process. It's fun when the salesmen think I'm a ditzy chick who doesn't know how to amortize a loan. :)

JediKooter 06-18-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (Post 2304456)
I think so. And I enjoyed the process. It's fun when the salesmen think I'm a ditzy chick who doesn't know how to amortize a loan. :)

Haha, nice! Should have went for the Porsche.

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 06-18-2010 11:50 AM

I do need a new nickname for my car though. The last one was nicknamed "Porky" as a play on my personalized license plate. The plate carries over, but I can't call this new car Porky also. She needs her own identity.

I'm currently stuck on "The Shagin Wagen". But that doesn't seem too original. Suggestions?

DataKing 06-18-2010 11:52 AM

Call it "Harm's Way."

cuervo72 06-18-2010 11:57 AM

Petunia.

JediKooter 06-18-2010 12:00 PM

Volksie...I got nothing.

Sun Tzu 06-18-2010 12:20 PM

Clementine.

DataKing 06-18-2010 12:23 PM

Call it the "Mali Referee"

Sun Tzu 06-18-2010 12:24 PM

Gandhi.

SackAttack 06-18-2010 01:40 PM

Obviously, you need to call it Ishmael.

Draft Dodger 06-18-2010 02:51 PM

Porky's II

JediKooter 06-18-2010 03:13 PM

Porky's Revenge

Sun Tzu 06-18-2010 03:14 PM

Rodney.

Rodney Dangerfield.

JediKooter 06-18-2010 03:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Tzu (Post 2304622)
Rodney.

Rodney Dangerfield.

Izulde 06-18-2010 05:12 PM

I wish Sprite really did work like the commercials suggest it does.

molson 06-18-2010 05:17 PM

So, that huge majority of black Americans that believe OJ wasn't guilty (73%, apparently) - do they REALLY think that, or are they simply exercising some kind of social justice protest?

JonInMiddleGA 06-20-2010 10:45 PM

Tonight new episode of The Boondocks has just managed to send up Tyler Perry with a parody of the costume party from The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

That's funny, I don't care who you are.

bhlloy 06-20-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ4H (Post 2303679)

On a related note, it drives me laugh when Sportscenter is showing an extended segment on a game, and they are building up and building up to what happened and it's going into overtime and this could be a huge shock.... and then the ticker at the bottom of the screen displays the result. Not much point in watching the rest of the segment then.

I understand the ticker is just a rotating thing and the effort it would take to make sure it didn't overlap with the game they are talking about wouldn't really be worth it. Still in the 21st century you would have thought somebody would have come up with a solution for this by now.

Logan 06-21-2010 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhlloy (Post 2305417)
On a related note, it drives me laugh when Sportscenter is showing an extended segment on a game, and they are building up and building up to what happened and it's going into overtime and this could be a huge shock.... and then the ticker at the bottom of the screen displays the result. Not much point in watching the rest of the segment then.

I understand the ticker is just a rotating thing and the effort it would take to make sure it didn't overlap with the game they are talking about wouldn't really be worth it. Still in the 21st century you would have thought somebody would have come up with a solution for this by now.

Even dumber is when the last second shot is in the air and as it's falling the graphic with the final score pops up.

Mustang 06-21-2010 10:46 AM

I really hate the summer solstice. Just reminds me that tomorrow the days start getting shorter until we are down to just what, 2 hours of sunlight in winter. Of course, I love the winter solstice for the opposite reason.

JediKooter 06-21-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang (Post 2305605)
I really hate the summer solstice. Just reminds me that tomorrow the days start getting shorter until we are down to just what, 2 hours of sunlight in winter. Of course, I love the winter solstice for the opposite reason.

Now you know how the druids felt.

Mustang 06-21-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2305614)

I don't know. Are you allowed to hate anything when you are forced to be true neutral?

Logan 06-21-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Funny...she doesn't look Druish.

Honolulu_Blue 06-21-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang (Post 2305605)

Quote:

I once temped for a woman who was a Wiccan and took the Summer Solstice off work as a holiday. I sat at her office and had to look at the picture of her large, pale fleshy husband dressed in some sort of wizard's robe.

It was an odd temp job, but I ended up hanging around for a couple of weeks.

JediKooter 06-21-2010 11:27 AM

Nothing like having to deal with carnies.

RainMaker 06-22-2010 06:16 AM

Woke up to find a ton of new HD channels in my lineup. MTV, VH1, Comedy Central, BET, Nick, and Spike.

Crazy thing is that I rarely venture out of the HD section in the lineup so I haven't really watched any of those channels in years. I can't remember the last time I turned on MTV.