Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW IL - Do Werewolves Dream of Electric Sheep? Game Over, page 36 (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=59726)

Jonathan Ezarik 07-19-2007 09:35 AM

If KWhit was Deckard and he scanned AE on night one, why isn't AE dead? Why don't we have two night kills? Unless there is something in the rules that allow the replicants to kill first, wouldn't AE be dead as well?

st.cronin 07-19-2007 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaggs (Post 1505491)
Seems like you gaining the actual identity of the person who scanned you would give us a great advantage in building a CoT. If that person is still alive, then you + the person they scanned last night would know their identity and be able to vote with them. If I am wrong about KWhit being a Blade Runner, then that could potentially give us a block of six people in a CoT (the two Blade Runners and the four people they have scanned).

I'm not sure what to do with that info exactly, but it seems like we could break the game open by cutting down our suspect list by about half and having a very solid voting block. Thoughts?

I think that's a definite possibility, although it may be a bit early to start naming names.

Telle 07-19-2007 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaggs (Post 1505493)
This just got very interesting.

Telle, who was the character that scanned you and what did you leaern?

Didn't really learn anything.. he just did the test and verified that I was human.

I would like a general consensus from the group before outing a Blade Runner though.. for all I know Swaggs is a replicant hoping that I'll just toss out the name because I was asked.

Barkeep49 07-19-2007 09:37 AM

I'm glad this looks to be shaping up to an exciting day. I like exciting days on daysd when I'm around for most of it :)

Poli 07-19-2007 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaggs (Post 1505454)
I don't blame you one bit, other than the fact that you didn't make any kind of move on me yesterday. I suspect it is because you know I am not one of the power roles (like one of the Blade Runners or the bodyguard).

Which is to say, I still haven't read what you posted. In fact, I haven't read any post before when I started posting...sometime yesterday. Well, not true. I think I hit a few highlights where I see my name mentioned, but I certainly haven't read the rules or posts collectively.

Why didn't I make a move on you? Because I didn't think I needed to.

Poli 07-19-2007 09:38 AM

Correction: I didn't know I had to.

Telle 07-19-2007 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik (Post 1505496)
If KWhit was Deckard and he scanned AE on night one, why isn't AE dead? Why don't we have two night kills? Unless there is something in the rules that allow the replicants to kill first, wouldn't AE be dead as well?

I thought of that at first too.. and I believe the rules state that night actions happen simutaneously. So my guess was that KWhit was Holden, not Deckard, and he tried to kill AE but missed.

Swaggs 07-19-2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

From Deckard's info, I get the impression he can either test or kill, but not both in the same night. I guess a lot depends on the order of operations for night actions here, but he may have only had one night action.

RendeR 07-19-2007 09:40 AM

Ok, lets think about the testing ability the Blade Runners have for a second.

its an intensive, 1 on 1 sit down session that can take HOURS (based on the movie and storyline) So it makes very much sense that a person being give such a test learns not only the player's name but the role as well during such an ordeal.

however the replicants have a semi-scanning ability that is more akin to simple researching on WHO someone is, like runnning an ID check on someone. not intensive, simply enough to learn a role. This I believe would NOT give away as much information about the person doing the scanning.

I think the person that scanned Cronin is a Blade runner and the one who scanned telle is a replicant.

Swaggs 07-19-2007 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1505499)
Didn't really learn anything.. he just did the test and verified that I was human.

I would like a general consensus from the group before outing a Blade Runner though.. for all I know Swaggs is a replicant hoping that I'll just toss out the name because I was asked.

I definitely do not want you to say the player's name.

I was just wondering if it told you whether it was Holden or Deckard.

Poli 07-19-2007 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1505472)
I don't see any flaws in what Swaggs has suggested.

Vote AE

Other than he's wrong, I don't either.

VOTE Swaggs

st.cronin 07-19-2007 09:40 AM

Quote:

This is a good point. I know I was scanned by Holden night 1. Deckard is the one who is "good with a gun", so that blows that theory up.

unvote Ardent Enthusiast

Telle, do not under any circumstances name the player who scanned you. I mean, obviously we know it wasn't me, and I guess it wasn't KWhit.

My guess is Deckard and Holden are both still in the game.

Jonathan Ezarik 07-19-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaggs (Post 1505505)
From Deckard's info, I get the impression he can either test or kill, but not both in the same night. I guess a lot depends on the order of operations for night actions here, but he may have only had one night action.

No, my point is that if KWhit was Deckard and he scanned AE on night one and found him to be a replicant, he would have killed him on night two. AE's still alive. And while it's possible that the replicants killed him before he could kill AE, I don't buy it. Deckard is one bad mofo and I think he would have gotten his kill in first.

Telle 07-19-2007 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RendeR (Post 1505506)
I think the person that scanned Cronin is a Blade runner and the one who scanned telle is a replicant.

I wasn't just scanned. A person came to my home, and performed a bunch of tests (moral and linquistic) and had some sort of contraption that checked my pupils during it all. And it was specifically stated that this was the Voight-Kampff test.

RendeR 07-19-2007 09:42 AM

Well Telle wiped out the need for my post while I typed it. I rescind my previous post based on that.

Telle 07-19-2007 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaggs (Post 1505507)
I definitely do not want you to say the player's name.

I was just wondering if it told you whether it was Holden or Deckard.

Ok, I misread what you said. The PM did not specify if it was Holden or Deckard.. it only used the player's name. And that is why I think St. Cronin is a replicant that messed up when trying to imitate a human!

Barkeep49 07-19-2007 09:44 AM

I think Telle is very clear that she was not scanned by a replicant.

st.cronin 07-19-2007 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1505516)
I think Telle is very clear that she was not scanned by a replicant.

I agree. I assume she was scanned by Deckard.

RendeR 07-19-2007 09:46 AM

Ok, based on Telle's info I am a bit skeptical of Cronin. Had he been scanned the same way he would have been just as specific.

Secondly, If he IS a replicant, then his adamant witch-hunt for my head in this game makes far more sense, as he knows I am human and is simply trying to eliminate another of us.

VOTE ST CRONIN

Jonathan Ezarik 07-19-2007 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1505515)
Ok, I misread what you said. The PM did not specify if it was Holden or Deckard.. it only used the player's name. And that is why I think St. Cronin is a replicant that messed up when trying to imitate a human!

I don't cronin is a replicant. How would he know that by being scanned he would learn who scanned him?

Jonathan Ezarik 07-19-2007 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik (Post 1505522)
I don't cronin is a replicant. How would he know that by being scanned he would learn who scanned him?

Ugh. That should read:

I don't believe cronin is a replicant.

Swaggs 07-19-2007 09:48 AM

Just so we are perfectly clear:

st.cronin is saying he was scanned and learned that it was by Holden and that he learned the player's ID.

Telle is saying that she was scanned and did not learn which Blade Runner did it, but did learn the player's ID.

Is that right?

st.cronin 07-19-2007 09:48 AM

Quote:

Exactly.

RendeR 07-19-2007 09:49 AM

Quote:

He wouldn't.

Jonathan Ezarik 07-19-2007 09:50 AM

This is a very weird game. I go from defending AE, to defending cronin. Now all I need to complete this bizarre turn of defending players I normally go after is for ntn to step up. :)

Swaggs 07-19-2007 09:50 AM

I'd like to wait and hear from anyone else who has been scanned before choosing between Telle or st.cronin. There should be at least one, and possibly two, other players that have been scanned by Blade Runners (unless we have absolutely horrendous luck).

st.cronin 07-19-2007 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaggs (Post 1505526)
Just so we are perfectly clear:

st.cronin is saying he was scanned and learned that it was by Holden and that he learned the player's ID.

Telle is saying that she was scanned and did not learn which Blade Runner did it, but did learn the player's ID.

Is that right?

Yes. Also note that I was first. I believe Telle, but I ascribe the difference to the difference between Holden and Deckard. As JE points out, there's nothing in the rules about players scanned learning anything, or even knowing they were scanned. If you think I'm a replicant, you must assume that I was scanned by somebody, and will be outed.

Telle 07-19-2007 09:51 AM

Quote:

He made an assumption. Only problem is that he assumed he'd learn both the player AND the character.. and from my experience you only learn the character!

Now, theoretically Tanglewood could have just done the PMs differently.. but I would seriously hope that's not the case 'cause that would be some pretty bad GM play on his part.

st.cronin 07-19-2007 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaggs (Post 1505530)
I'd like to wait and hear from anyone else who has been scanned before choosing between Telle or st.cronin. There should be at least one, and possibly two, other players that have been scanned by Blade Runners (unless we have absolutely horrendous luck).

Why do we have to choose? To me it makes more sense to trust us both.

Swaggs 07-19-2007 09:52 AM

Telle, any elaboration on the part where you said that st.cronin and you have the same dreams?

ntndeacon 07-19-2007 09:52 AM

I think that would be an easy assumption to make that you would get thier Role. In fact if I had been scanned I might think that I would have seen thier role only.

Jonathan Ezarik 07-19-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1505533)
He made an assumption. Only problem is that he assumed he'd learn both the player AND the character.. and from my experience you only learn the character!

Now, theoretically Tanglewood could have just done the PMs differently.. but I would seriously hope that's not the case 'cause that would be some pretty bad GM play on his part.

I think cronin's knowledge of Holden comes about because Holden is the less experienced Runner. Deckard is too good to let his true name/identity slip out while running the test.

Poli 07-19-2007 09:54 AM

The test. I forgot about that part of the movie/game. That rocked. I need to find a copy of the game again.

Swaggs 07-19-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1505534)
Why do we have to choose? To me it makes more sense to trust us both.

Honestly, I cannot exactly wrap my head around the game dynamics enough to get a good read on this, but it seems like giving the scanned player the role AND player name would be a pretty big wrinkle in game play, so I'm not sure I believe you.

I'd like to hear from some other players to see if they corroborate with one or both of you.

Alan T 07-19-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaggs (Post 1505535)
Telle, any elaboration on the part where you said that st.cronin and you have the same dreams?

I brought it up a few times, but others just glossed over it and said it wasnt much of anything. Cronin stated he had a vivid sex dream that Tangle left the details out of.. Telle came out later and said that sounded exactly like her pm.

Everyone has been so fixated on AE vs Swaggs, that they ignored the other case that seemed just like it.

Telle 07-19-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1503325)
I don't have any memory of my dream, other than that it was a sex dream - tangle left all details out.

To paraphase.. my PM was that I woke up after dreaming of sex. That was it.. no details about the dream itself.

st.cronin 07-19-2007 09:55 AM

I'll leave people to draw their own conclusions, but I would encourage people to start their COT around me and Telle. I believe Telle was scanned by Deckard.

Alan T 07-19-2007 09:57 AM

I wonder if a human that gets scanned will be told the player name (to help form a COT since that is obviously our only method to do so), and androids that are scanned are only told the character and not the player name, so they don't have an easy night kill..
Then Cronin knowing he has been scanned as an android and outed, comes out first in a way that Holden would have to out himself in order to condemn him, ie 1 for 1 swap.

Telle 07-19-2007 09:57 AM

Ok there has to be somebody else here who was scanned.. please step up and tell us what your experience was! Did you learn the player name or the role or both??

Swaggs 07-19-2007 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1505544)
I'll leave people to draw their own conclusions, but I would encourage people to start their COT around me and Telle. I believe Telle was scanned by Deckard.

Who did you vote for yesterday?

Alan T 07-19-2007 09:57 AM

Dola, and if my guess about cronin is correct, then it would also go to supporting the duplicate dream = 1 good and 1 bad person idea that has been floating about with AE vs Swaggs too.

Swaggs 07-19-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1505551)
Dola, and if my guess about cronin is correct, then it would also go to supporting the duplicate dream = 1 good and 1 bad person idea that has been floating about with AE vs Swaggs too.

Perhaps we can learn a bit by who voted for who yesterday from this. :)

Poli 07-19-2007 09:59 AM

This game just made the weirdest turn.

st.cronin 07-19-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaggs (Post 1505549)
Who did you vote for yesterday?

I have voted for bulletsponge on both days, iirc.

Telle 07-19-2007 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1505555)
I have voted for bulletsponge on both days, iirc.

LMAO.. so did I! Guess that tells us nothing :)

Poli 07-19-2007 10:00 AM

Unvote swaggs

I need to sort this out.

RendeR 07-19-2007 10:02 AM

Telle, you've sent mixed up signals here, please clarify, you elarned the ROLE the player has when they scanned you OR you learned the players name?

You flip flopped on that in a couple posts.

Swaggs 07-19-2007 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1505556)
LMAO.. so did I! Guess that tells us nothing :)

Well, it tells us that, if st.cronin is telling the truth, bulletsponge was likely not one of the Blade Runners and that, at least, one of them is still with us.

st.cronin also voted for AE today, before pulling back, so that tells me (again, if he is to be trusted) that AE is not one of the Blade Runners.

Barkeep49 07-19-2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1505547)
I wonder if a human that gets scanned will be told the player name (to help form a COT since that is obviously our only method to do so), and androids that are scanned are only told the character and not the player name, so they don't have an easy night kill..
Then Cronin knowing he has been scanned as an android and outed, comes out first in a way that Holden would have to out himself in order to condemn him, ie 1 for 1 swap.

But how would cronin have known that telle would be told the player name? I'm very inclined to form our COT around those two people as well.

RendeR 07-19-2007 10:04 AM

It makes sense that during a true scan that the ROLE that scanned you would be given and NOT the players identity.

I simply cannot fathom a good reason that BOTH pieces of information would be given out in a game where ROLES ARE NOT REVEALED.

My vote on Cronin stands, he's lying.