Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Pet Peeves Thread (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=74986)

PilotMan 08-31-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RendeR (Post 3248196)
SERIOUSLY! Stop Thanking me for my service on MEMORIAL DAY! Its RUDE!

btw, good to see you back man.

thesloppy 09-12-2019 04:03 PM

People who hold their phones flat like a plate and then talk into one end: are they morons?

Warhammer 09-12-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesloppy (Post 3249958)
People who hold their phones flat like a plate and then talk into one end: are they morons?

No, we're not, we mostly do it because the person on the other end cannot hear well when I am using the speaker.

Lathum 11-26-2019 08:36 AM

Folding fitted sheets

Lathum 11-26-2019 08:38 AM

I hate it when I call a business and they have poor phone etiquette. For example when they ask me if I can hold, but don't actually wait for me to answer. Of you call a business and start to explain your situation and they immediately cut you off and ask your name, birthdate, etc...I get that is the info you need to get the customer what they need, but let them finish what they are saying, don't just cut them off.

21C 07-15-2020 12:10 AM

I love watching documentaries with old film footage - I'm currently watching America in Color (not that they are the only culprits). What annoys me to no end is watching all of the sped up film scenes which gives it that silent movie feel. I know that they have the technology to play the footage at 1.0 speed instead of the comical 1.5 or 2.0 speed. I end up playing some of the scenes on my DVR at 0.25 or 0.5 speed just to see it play out normally.

stevew 07-15-2020 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesloppy (Post 3249958)

From my experience, 1000% fucking morons. But I deal with a lot of shady people.

Bobble 07-15-2020 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21C (Post 3291383)
I love watching documentaries with old film footage - I'm currently watching America in Color (not that they are the only culprits). What annoys me to no end is watching all of the sped up film scenes which gives it that silent movie feel. I know that they have the technology to play the footage at 1.0 speed instead of the comical 1.5 or 2.0 speed. I end up playing some of the scenes on my DVR at 0.25 or 0.5 speed just to see it play out normally.

If you haven't seen it, check out "They Shall Not Grow Old". Filmmaker Peter Jackson colorized and restored a bunch of WWI video (including correcting the frames-per-second). They went so far as to get forensic lip-readers to lip-read a particular bit of silent video, research the unit to determine the appropriate accent, and then hire a voice actor with that accent to dub the video. Pretty thorough. Amazon Prime, I think.

21C 07-15-2020 04:21 PM

Noice. I will check it out.

thesloppy 07-16-2020 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21C (Post 3291383)

Coincidentally I just ran across this youtube channel which is cool:

21C 07-16-2020 04:15 AM

That channel is fantastic. Thank you. That is exactly the sort of thing that I was hoping to see with old film.

I know what I will be watching over the next few days.

cuervo72 09-15-2020 10:01 AM

Posters who do not know "random thoughts" from "pet peeves."

(j/k, just figured I'd bump this :D )

NobodyHere 09-15-2020 11:09 AM

What's the point of Taco Bell "sealing" my bag when they give it to me in drive-thru?

The first thing I'm going to do is open the bag and make sure they got my order right!

CraigSca 09-15-2020 11:42 AM

People who can't figure out their mask should fit OVER their nose. I just want to punch people.

Ksyrup 09-15-2020 11:45 AM

I don't think they can't figure it out. That's the "I'll minimally comply with your stupid mandate but I'm going to be as comfortable about it as I want and you ain't got the balls to call me out or get me thrown out of this store" mask position.

cuervo72 09-15-2020 01:28 PM

Some of them. Others are just idiots.

Vegas Vic 09-15-2020 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigSca (Post 3301322)
People who can't figure out their mask should fit OVER their nose. I just want to punch people.

Indeed.

21C 09-16-2020 08:46 PM

Not excusing it but I think that a lot of them wear glasses are that getting fogged up.

CraigSca 09-16-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21C (Post 3301533)
Not excusing it but I think that a lot of them wear glasses are that getting fogged up.

I wear glasses. Mine get fogged up. Suck it up.

21C 09-17-2020 02:55 AM

Yeah, I wear reading glasses and wear a mask all day at work. Mine don't fog up if I pinch the band across my nose.

I know why they do it but I'm not excusing them. :)

JonInMiddleGA 09-17-2020 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyHere (Post 3301316)
What's the point of Taco Bell "sealing" my bag when they give it to me in drive-thru?

You mean I'm not the only person headscratching about this?

What horrible thing do they fear will happen to it between the time they sealed it and the seconds it took to pass it through the window to me?

Lathum 09-17-2020 06:03 AM

I think they seal them so people who get them from meal delivery know they weren’t messed with.

JonInMiddleGA 09-17-2020 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 3301550)
I think they seal them so people who get them from meal delivery know they weren’t messed with.

That would make sense just fine ... except when you're getting your own order from the drivethru, well, it just seems incredibly silly

NobodyHere 09-17-2020 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 3301550)

I've never gotten home delivery from Taco Bell but I would think the driver would double-check the order before delivering it.

miami_fan 09-17-2020 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA (Post 3301552)
That would make sense just fine ... except when you're getting your own order from the drivethru, well, it just seems incredibly silly

Sounds like they are going with the KISS principle.

Anything that goes out the door will be sealed.

Lathum 09-17-2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyHere (Post 3301554)
I've never gotten home delivery from Taco Bell but I would think the driver would double-check the order before delivering it.

You would be extremely wrong.

My wife has fallen in love with doordash and I would say they operate less than 50% when it comes to not screwing the order up. Including a recent Chipolte one where we literally didn't get half the order.

spleen1015 09-17-2020 10:04 AM

We had early success with DoorDash. Then we had a run of about 5 orders where the order was wrong or the driver was delivering multiple orders and ours arrived cold.

I get they need to deliver more than one order at a time, but when the driver waits at one place for more than 30 minutes before picking up my order, delivers the other one first, that doesn't work for me.

stevew 09-17-2020 05:07 PM

My favorite experiences doordashing would be when they'd send you to pick up Chipolte, Dairy Queen and something completely fucked like Five Guys on the same delivery. Great that Five Guys doesn't drop the fries before I break the plane of the door, but those peanut buster parfaits are getting mighty soft while I'm waiting for fresh fries that I won't deliver for another 30 minutes.

JediKooter 09-29-2020 06:14 PM

Freaking youtube video bloggers that have ear bleedingly loud intro music at level 20 on the volumeometer, but, I have to crank it up to 80 just hear them talk. Balance your freaking audio!

NobodyHere 12-19-2021 06:35 PM

My new pet peeve is when I see articles such as "Internet reacts to NFL news" when I have no idea what the NFL news is. Just tell me what the news is for f*** sake.

cuervo72 12-19-2021 07:41 PM

Oh, the nightly news (ABC is the worst at it) does it all the time; they tease something very vague going into MULTIPLE commercial breaks ("and we have news on Bruce Springsteen"). It's said very seriously and they don't let on what it is. Then in the final segment they spend about ten seconds revealing what they've teased ("the Boss has sold his LEGENDARY catalog for $500m!"). Time-wasting MFers.

(And the thing is, if you have the internet and any sense of awareness you've already heard whatever it is.)

rjolley 12-19-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyHere (Post 3354075)
My new pet peeve is when I see articles such as "Internet reacts to NFL news" when I have no idea what the NFL news is. Just tell me what the news is for f*** sake.

+10000 on this. It has gotten to an even more annoying level than it was before, which I didn't think was possible.

PilotMan 12-21-2021 11:08 AM

I really hate putting hand lotion on, and then needing to pee and wash, not 2 minutes later.

NobodyHere 03-03-2022 11:40 AM

Just because you bought yourself a huge ass truck doesn't mean you get to take up 3 parking spots, especially the ones right in front of the building.

Lathum 03-03-2022 11:47 AM

I worked for years in insurance so I have met all kinds of people with all kinds of cars. I can say virtually 100% of people who drive trucks are colossal douchebags.

sterlingice 03-03-2022 01:36 PM

Welcome to driving in Texas

SI

thesloppy 03-03-2022 02:09 PM

I get unreasonably annoyed when the food delivery drivers call me directly, outside of company protocol, to let me know they're "out in front" of my apartment building. Feels like some passive-aggressive prompt to do the last part of their job for them....I'm like "Congratulations! I am still all the way up the stairs and behind the door you were contracted to deliver to"

BYU 14 03-03-2022 04:08 PM

From the unwritten gym etiquette rule book. It is really not a big deal, but it still annoys me when working out by the dumbbell racks, which always have a mirror behind them, when someone walks in front of you, instead of behind while you are doing a set.

stevew 03-03-2022 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesloppy (Post 3362040)
I get unreasonably annoyed when the food delivery drivers call me directly, outside of company protocol, to let me know they're "out in front" of my apartment building. Feels like some passive-aggressive prompt to do the last part of their job for them....I'm like "Congratulations! I am still all the way up the stairs and behind the door you were contracted to deliver to"

Collectively, among the food delivery community, nobody is going upstairs anymore

21C 03-11-2022 08:13 PM

I have been reasonably lucky in my condo where I have lived for the past 8 1/2 years but I hate when a smoker moves in and I get all of their smoke blowing into my place.

I love to have fresh air circulating even when the weather gets cooler so I hate that I have to close the doors (no windows - only two large sliding doors) most of the time since I now have a smoker and a vaper nearby.

I know that they have the right to smoke but I resent that they don't want to have the smoke inside their place but I get to have it in my place.

rjolley 04-21-2022 04:26 PM

People who eat potato chips loudly. Do I want to hear you crunch through a bag of Lays? No. Just close your mouth.

stevew 04-21-2022 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjolley (Post 3366092)
People who eat potato chips loudly. Do I want to hear you crunch through a bag of Lays? No. Just close your mouth.

Are those Munchos? They sound like it!

NobodyHere 04-30-2022 04:10 PM

Any youtube video filmed in a person's car (unless relevant to the content) is an instant dislike for me.

Critch 04-30-2022 04:58 PM

I'm over pixel graphic games.

It's 2020-something, make my games pretty.

BYU 14 04-30-2022 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critch (Post 3366643)
I'm over pixel graphic games.

It's 2020-something, make my games pretty.

You need to try Iron Oath, I am not generally a fan either, but it is so good!

Lathum 05-01-2022 03:46 PM

People who bring their dogs everywhere annoy the shit out of me. Your dog doesn't need to be in the grocery store or body shop. I assure you they will be happier at home.

21C 05-01-2022 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 3366672)
People who bring their dogs everywhere annoy the shit out of me. Your dog doesn't need to be in the grocery store or body shop. I assure you they will be happier at home.

I'm with you on this one.

And people who call their pets "fur babies" (unless that's just an Australian thing).

GrantDawg 05-01-2022 07:39 PM

No, it definitely not just an Australian thing. I love my Leeroy, and I do miss him when I am gone. But yeah, he doesn't need to be with me everywhere I go.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

21C 05-02-2022 02:21 AM

I just remembered the time that a woman at work was talking "her boys". She talking about what "her boys" would get up to and it confused me because I thought that she didn't have any kids. Somebody eventually told me that she was talking about her dogs.

MIJB#19 05-03-2022 03:38 PM

Twitter etiquette, or apparent complete lack there of.

Primarily people that 'tweet' nothing else but quoting another person and at that take that other person's words out of context. Especially if they proclaim to be journalists. If you truly are a professional journalist, then you have the decency to work for an actual journalistic entity and they will report it, you don't blab on the world's biggest gossip website and in particular you don't take words of another person out of context.

The end results is usually a snowball effect of copycat followers, who simply quote those unprofessional gossip scoops. Sometimes it results in a musician pronounced dead, a sports personality prematurely acclaim to retire, or dead whishes.

Or is this a global "social media" thing? And should I generalize it?