Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Steam Thread (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=83047)

Mizzou B-ball fan 01-13-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchief19 (Post 2768993)
I'm a nerd yet this tread has taken an incomprehensible turn for me.

Mizzou B-ball fan 01-15-2013 12:29 PM

It's on Amazon, but comes with a Steam code. $2.99 digital download. Love this game.

Amazon.com: You Don't Know Jack [Download]: Video Games

Honolulu_Blue 01-15-2013 12:49 PM

I picked up "The Witcher 2: The Enhanced Edition" off a Steam sale in November for $7.50. I never played the first one, but decided to fire up "Witcher 2" over the weekend.

I am really enjoying it. I am about 11-12 hours into it and so far, so good.

dubb93 01-15-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue (Post 2770110)
I picked up "The Witcher 2: The Enhanced Edition" off a Steam sale in November for $7.50. I never played the first one, but decided to fire up "Witcher 2" over the weekend.

I am really enjoying it. I am about 11-12 hours into it and so far, so good.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it. Not sure how many times I've said how much I enjoy this series, but I really think it is great. :)

It's not too late to stop and play the first one first! Witcher 2 quite literally picked up where the first one left off and alot of the references may be things that you would get better if you played the first one. You probably don't even realize some of the references you aren't getting!

Honolulu_Blue 01-15-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubb93 (Post 2770116)
Glad to hear you are enjoying it. Not sure how many times I've said how much I enjoy this series, but I really think it is great. :)

It's not too late to stop and play the first one first! Witcher 2 quite literally picked up where the first one left off and alot of the references may be things that you would get better if you played the first one. You probably don't even realize some of the references you aren't getting!

I am almost 100% positive that I don't even realize almost all of the references I am not getting. They really throw a lot of lingo your way and it's a pretty interesting and detailed world that I just have the barest of understandings of.

Maybe I would be better served trying the first one. I picked that one up as well on a Steam sale.

Vince, Pt. II 01-15-2013 01:21 PM

I've also been playing the Witcher 2. I usually start games like this on the hardest or second hardest difficulty level. I've had to dial this one all the way back to normal already. The game is no joke difficult.

Also, completely awesome.

Honolulu_Blue 01-15-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II (Post 2770124)
I've also been playing the Witcher 2. I usually start games like this on the hardest or second hardest difficulty level. I've had to dial this one all the way back to normal already. The game is no joke difficult.

Also, completely awesome.

Yes. I played through the tutorial and after my stunning display of skill the game actually recommended I play on easy. That was a little too easy, so I switched it to "normal", which is good enough. It's not ridiculously hard, but you still need to approach most encounters tactically to be successfull.

CrimsonFox 01-15-2013 01:39 PM

is it FPS style?

dubb93 01-15-2013 01:50 PM

No it isn't a FPS.

dubb93 01-15-2013 01:51 PM

It IS, however, one of those RPG's that carries over your save. You make a bunch of choices in the first game and it "shapes" the world and narrative of the second game. Is one of the reasons I always suggest people don't just jump into the 2nd game.

Honolulu_Blue 01-15-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2770128)
is it FPS style?

It's a third person RPG.

Draft Dodger 01-15-2013 04:08 PM

I really need to get back to finishing the 1st. I hate when I get sidetracked - I always have such a hard time jumping back in.

Qrusher14242 01-15-2013 07:03 PM

the first one was really cool..great atmosphere and story. Started the 2nd one but its much harder than the first one(although a few of the bosses in the first were really hard). Still need to go bad and finish it, doesn't run very good on my old pc :(

Mizzou B-ball fan 01-16-2013 11:10 AM

"10,000,000" is $2.99 today. Great little indie dungeon crawl puzzle game if you haven't tried it out. Hours of fun.

MJ4H 01-16-2013 12:00 PM

Awesome Indie Games for Free - TheFreeBundle

FREE

Not steam but too bad, I'm putting it here anyway.

Honolulu_Blue 01-16-2013 12:27 PM

Some games I have been following on and off finally got Greenlit on Steam:

Eador: Masters of the Broken World (estimated release: Q1 2013), The Age of Decadence (estimated relased October 2013), War For The Overworld (estimated release Aug. 2013).

mckerney 01-16-2013 03:55 PM

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is now available on Steam.

Jughead Spock 01-17-2013 01:40 AM

I'm as big a BG fan as there is, but have to say the Enhanced Edition has been underwhelming. Not much of a graphics overhaul from what I've seen so far.

CrimsonFox 01-17-2013 01:53 AM

really? WTF! What is the point of enhancing it if you aren't going to change anything. What exactly is enhanced?

BTW if you want enhancement go play Kings Quest 1, 2, 3. THey are all free. :) And they were given the same treatment as KQ5-7 with voice acting and point and click and all, before they were all plain text adventures.

CrimsonFox 01-17-2013 02:07 AM

here: Adventure Game Downloads

mckerney 01-17-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead Spock (Post 2771146)
I'm as big a BG fan as there is, but have to say the Enhanced Edition has been underwhelming. Not much of a graphics overhaul from what I've seen so far.

Personally I don't think I'll pick it up unless it's available for real cheap, the Infinity Engine mods I've used for Planescape: Torment work really well for playing in larger resolutions, if they work as well with BG it's probably better to stick with the modded GoG version.

Thomkal 01-17-2013 06:46 AM

Well you might not want to get the Baldur's Gate game on Steam...

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition now available on Steam | News | PC Gamer

PilotMan 01-17-2013 05:18 PM

Steam Announces Steam Guides

News - Steam Guides Available Now

Gives players the opportunity to create their own playing guides for games to share, complete with the ability to embed videos and other things.

mckerney 01-17-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PilotMan (Post 2771446)
Steam Announces Steam Guides

News - Steam Guides Available Now

Gives players the opportunity to create their own playing guides for games to share, complete with the ability to embed videos and other things.

They are also going to be available in game for some games, starting with Dota 2.

dubb93 01-17-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 2771189)
Well you might not want to get the Baldur's Gate game on Steam...

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition now available on Steam | News | PC Gamer

According to what I read on the Steam forums this may be a little misleading. It seems most people think "2011" refers to the year, when actuality it refers to the version of the game. The game is currently on version "2012" according to those forums which simply means that the last patch has not yet filtered through the Steam approval process.

That is according to what I read on the forums, also according to those same forums the dev for this game is being a big baby, and honestly I agree after reading some articles and tweets. He is bitter and bitching about Steam taking a cut of the sale. He seems anti-Atari and anti-Steam and seems to think that he should be entitled to the entire cut of the sale.

Mota 01-17-2013 08:38 PM

I think everybody starts off anti-Steam until the sales start rolling in and they discover just how many gamers they previously did not have access to.

mckerney 01-17-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mota (Post 2771540)
I think everybody starts off anti-Steam until the sales start rolling in and they discover just how many gamers they previously did not have access to.

The biggest reason they did the enhanced edition was to bring people to the Beamdog platform so it's not too surprising to hear that from them.

Ryan S 01-22-2013 01:08 PM

I have 13 DOTA 2 invites, so if anyone is interested, PM me your steam user ID.

gstelmack 01-22-2013 06:42 PM

Thanks!

mckerney 02-01-2013 01:06 PM

Top TF2 item makers yoink $500k a year, "we cannot compete with our customers" says Gabe | News | PC Gamer

Quote:

Gabe threw out some really concrete and large numbers to illustrate his point. “The most anybody has earned in a single year is $500,000, so they’re making content, selling it to other customers, and we have a revenue share with those people and their takeaway is $500,000.

“The first two weeks that we did this we actually broke Paypal because they didn’t have – I don’t know what they’re worried about, maybe drug dealing – they’re, “like nothing generates cash to our userbase other than selling drugs”. We actually had to work something out with them and said “no … they’re making hats.”

I knew I should have spent my childhood learning to model and texture virtual hats!

There was someone who just had something like 6 item sets accepted into Dota 2, really curious what kind of revenue that's going to generate.

mckerney 02-01-2013 08:36 PM

jeff061 02-02-2013 06:00 PM

I had a blast playing Bastion, on sale for 3.74 right now. Highly recommend it.

mckerney 02-03-2013 05:28 PM

Some interesting additions to the Steam content directory, in addition to Brutal Legend that was found a couple days ago.

Quote:

La-Mulana
The Splatters
Octodad: Dadliest Catch Beta
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (Duke Nukem 3D+)
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Fez
LucasArts Test App
Fast and Furious 6
Lococycle
Yogventures!
Hardware
Hardware (Demo)
Dyad
Cut the Rope
Shadow Warrior Complete
Hardware (VIP)
Hardware (Internal)
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII
Retro/Grade
Resident Evil: Revelations
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH
Quantum Conundrum 2
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo: Combat Evolved
The Witness
Angry Birds Space
Angry Birds Seasons
Second Life

Some are games that were greenlit like La Mulana, Otcodad and Yogsventure, then there's Fez which was coming at some point after the exclusivity with Microsoft ended, though the Halo games are a pretty big surprise. Being in the CDR doesn't mean it will be released, but it does mean there was at least some discussion between Valve and the publisher. So Microsoft has at least considered putting Halo 3 on the PC, which is interesting.

weegeebored 02-08-2013 02:04 PM

Steam has Test Drive Unlimited 2 for 5 bucks. I was looking for a driving game that was less intense than let's say the SimBin stuff or F1. Is it worth the buy? My last experience with this franchise might have been the original or maybe TD 2. I didn't want anything that was super-arcadey with no differences in the cars. If the majority tells me it's not worth the fiver then...well...enough said.

Also, how bad is the DRM? According to Steam it has SecurRom. If that's going to eff up my Win 7 machine that will also make me take a pass.

EagleFan 02-08-2013 10:46 PM

WTF?

ToT __ Bientôt l’été __ ToT

Apathetic Lurker 02-08-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 2781676)

WTF doesnt even begin to convey the WTFness of this......

Izulde 02-09-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 2781676)

This actually looks interesting

PilotMan 02-09-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izulde (Post 2781695)
This actually looks interesting

ok. it looks interesting? ahhhhh. it was 420. am or not. well in that case, proceed.

mckerney 02-21-2013 12:05 PM

It looks like Microsoft may be looking at putting Age of Empires 2 on Steam. There's a registry entry listed as a part of Microsoft Game Studios subscription under the name Kaos with the AoE2 icon as a logo. Would be great if its a sign Microsoft is putting more of their games on Steam, though I'd be happy with the Age of Empires games on any service.

spleen1015 02-21-2013 12:07 PM

If the AoE games get put in Steam at a good price, that would be awesome. I never played 3 and barely got into 2. I loved the first one.

mckerney 02-21-2013 01:05 PM

What happens when an indie game gets onto Steam.

Gamasutra - Features - Defender's Quest: By the Numbers, Part 2

PilotMan 02-23-2013 10:15 AM

COD Black Ops II Multiplayer and Gratuitous Space Battles Multiplayer are free til tomorrow afternoon.

Abe Sargent 02-23-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckerney (Post 2786220)
What happens when an indie game gets onto Steam.

Gamasutra - Features - Defender's Quest: By the Numbers, Part 2

I loved that arrticle, thanks for sharing

mckerney 03-16-2013 11:18 AM

Looks like Rise of Nations is the next classic RTS that will be making its way onto Steam.
ValveTestSub 1665 Comp · SubID: 1665 · Steam Database

mckerney 03-19-2013 01:52 AM

Games that look like they're coming to Steam soon, some previously console exclusives.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Pinball FX 2
Mortal Kombat 9
King of Fighters XIII
Halo 3 (Previously spotted in Steam DB, now seen referenced in latest ATI drivers)
Deadpool (Unreleased but not announced for PC yet)
Skulls of the Shogun (Currently only available on PC through Windows 8 store)
Final Fantasy VII (The enhanced edition currently only available through Square Enix)
Prey 2 (Hasn't been announced, but Steam achievements spotted for it)
Quake Live
Joe Danger
Strider (Japanese arcade game)
Resident Evil: Revelations
Knights of Pen & Paper (Mobile game)
Fez (Officially announced today)

Also, Pro Evolution Soccer is finally available in the US.

Draft Dodger 03-19-2013 06:55 AM

interesting

Fidatelo 03-19-2013 08:04 AM

Skulls of the Shogun is a lot of fun.

mckerney 03-20-2013 01:11 PM

Steam now has a section for early access games for unreleased games you can preorder and get immediate access to the beta.

Early Access games on Steam

Probably something they should have done earlier after issues with games like Towns in the past.

Peregrine 03-20-2013 01:54 PM

Yeah this Early Access thing seems pretty cool - I might pick up Patterns which looks neat - kind of Minecrafty but with some really cool ideas. Under the Ocean also looks potentially super cool.

Tasan 03-20-2013 01:57 PM

Kerbal Space Program is now on Steam, in the "early access" section. I highly recommend this one if you don't have it already. I know we have a thread on it somewhere here, but I thought I'd point out this new fact here in the Steam thread.