Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Steam Thread (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=83047)

PilotMan 03-29-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarcone (Post 2804206)
Thanks for the help. Im up and running again.

So what solved it?

Peregrine 03-29-2013 01:14 PM

Guns of Icarus Online—Adventure Mode by Muse Games — Kickstarter

Blackadar 04-01-2013 08:23 AM

Ok, the most bizarre thing happened on Steam yesterday. I'm not upset, but I am more than a bit mystified. I have my Steam account. I own Torchlight on it.
My son has his own Steam account. He owns his own version of Torchlight on it. I don't play on his computer. He doesn't play on mine.

He has Torchlight II and wants me to get it so we can play co-op. I went to load up Torchlight to see how many hours I had played on the game and what level my character was. I hadn't loaded Torchlight in many moons and Steam decided to update the game - the "first time setup" stuff. When I logged in to my surprise my character was gone. The entire character list was comprised of my son's characters. I went and looked at the saves and each one of them was dated 3/31 and dated at the time I was looking at the files, meaning they were written to my PC when Steam did the setup.

I have no idea how this could happen and no plausible explanation for this whatsoever.

Critch 04-05-2013 08:22 PM

http://store.steampowered.com/app/23..._7_7_151_150_1

Lords of Football - part Football Manager, part The Sims. You know it's going to be totally dire and it's going to be on sale for about 7.99 in a months time, but jeez I'm having a hard time resisting.

Mizzou B-ball fan 04-06-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critch (Post 2807441)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/23..._7_7_151_150_1

Lords of Football - part Football Manager, part The Sims. You know it's going to be totally dire and it's going to be on sale for about 7.99 in a months time, but jeez I'm having a hard time resisting.

It's getting hammered in early user reviews on Metacritic. Think I'll wait for the 75% off deals.

Here's a 30 min video of the game if you'd like to see how it works. Guy talking is speaking in a different language, but the screens are in English.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50hQzGM_zSE

Critch 04-06-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan (Post 2807645)
It's getting hammered in early user reviews on Metacritic. Think I'll wait for the 75% off deals.

Yeah, not the best $30 I've ever spent. Havent got as far as a game yet, but from the youtube link it looks like that's crap too.

Qrusher14242 04-18-2013 04:24 AM

anyone still playing Guns of Icarus Online?

IndieGameStand - Today's Deal: Guns of Icarus Online

$1 for the game and beat the average for the game + costume pack and soundtrack. Today (4/18) only

Jughead Spock 04-18-2013 05:24 AM

Anyone (else) getting Injustice: Gods Among Us? I'm more of a Marvel guy than DC, but I'm a sucker for super hero games.

mckerney 04-19-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead Spock (Post 2812746)
Anyone (else) getting Injustice: Gods Among Us? I'm more of a Marvel guy than DC, but I'm a sucker for super hero games.

I'm not much of a fan of fighting games, but this one does look interesting. With the 2011 Mortal Kombat game from the same developer heading to PC I think I'm going to wait to see if Injustice follows suit though.

Vince, Pt. II 04-19-2013 02:35 AM

Played a bit of Injustice tonight with my roommate and a friend. I'm a fighting game scrub, they're competitive tournament players.

It was still a good time, though it was instantly clear that I am completely outclassed in this group. The superhero nature of the characters leads to completely over-the-top moves. Superman uppercuts someone into orbit, then flies up and smashes them back down to the ground, for example. That being said, controls are tight, the combo system isn't as rigid as some other fighting games, and it's fun. There are some pretty cool mechanics in that you can utilize the environment, picking up a car and smashing it onto your opponent, or juggling your opponent off the helicopter in the background.

mckerney 05-04-2013 11:45 PM

Gah, looks like this isn't something done by Valve but a demonstration of some other tech.

MizzouRah 05-05-2013 04:15 PM

Anyone play Eador Masters of the Broken world?

Matthean 05-05-2013 04:31 PM

Cleaned out a bunch of unplayed stuff to make room for the new X-Com game that I had bought but not installed. I just did a play of it to get to a saving point, and I already have a feeling my guys are going to die a lot. I might have to take notes after I keep screwing up to see what options I use that end up working the best.

MizzouRah 05-08-2013 08:21 AM

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes

Really liking the improvements compared to FE.

Honolulu_Blue 05-08-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 2819255)
Anyone play Eador Masters of the Broken world?

I played it for about an hour or so. I found it pretty underwhelming.

I then switched to Fallen Enchantress. Similar type of game and better than Eador. I just downloaded the Legendary Heroes expansion last night and look forward to getting involved in that.

If you're looking to scratch your fantasy turn-based itch, I would probably go for "Warlock: Master of the Arcane" over Eador, I think. Warlock isn't the greatest game, but I had more fun with it than the other.

Honolulu_Blue 05-08-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 2820244)
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes

Really liking the improvements compared to FE.

Glad to hear! I have two weeks off coming up - in between jobs - and want to get involved in some new game.

mckerney 05-08-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue (Post 2820316)

I then switched to Fallen Enchantress. Similar type of game and better than Eador. I just downloaded the Legendary Heroes expansion last night and look forward to getting involved in that.

If you're looking to scratch your fantasy turn-based itch, I would probably go for "Warlock: Master of the Arcane" over Eador, I think. Warlock isn't the greatest game, but I had more fun with it than the other.

I haven't played it yet but I'm going to be starting Eador soon (picked it up in pre-order for the copy of Genesis and since I had some funds from selling some items on the Steam marketplace). It might be worth noting that the RPS review said the game got a lot better after the first couple hours as you don't encounter much of the depth or complexity before that point.

mckerney 05-08-2013 11:44 AM

Was thinking of picking up Kenshi from Steam's early access section and just found I had a Steam key from and alpha indie fort bundle on gamers gate. Should probably pay more attention to what I am purchasing.

Honolulu_Blue 05-08-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckerney (Post 2820350)
I haven't played it yet but I'm going to be starting Eador soon (picked it up in pre-order for the copy of Genesis and since I had some funds from selling some items on the Steam marketplace). It might be worth noting that the RPS review said the game got a lot better after the first couple hours as you don't encounter much of the depth or complexity before that point.

This could very well be the case. I just haven't had the time of late to really dig into it.

MizzouRah 05-08-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue (Post 2820316)

Thanks.. I skipped Eador for now since I'm really into FE: LH. Even in Beta, it's taken all my free time. :)

MizzouRah 05-08-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue (Post 2820317)
Glad to hear! I have two weeks off coming up - in between jobs - and want to get involved in some new game.

It's fabulous, especially if you liked FE. Seems to run faster too, can't wait to get some more hours with it tonight.

Honolulu_Blue 05-08-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 2820412)
It's fabulous, especially if you liked FE. Seems to run faster too, can't wait to get some more hours with it tonight.

I am still a bit on the fence on FE. I haven't been terribly successful with that game yet. I haven't done a deep dive.

MizzouRah 05-08-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue (Post 2820424)
I am still a bit on the fence on FE. I haven't been terribly successful with that game yet. I haven't done a deep dive.

I am getting better, but it is a steep learning curve, at least for me.

Honolulu_Blue 05-08-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 2820481)
I am getting better, but it is a steep learning curve, at least for me.

Very steep for me too.

chinaski 05-08-2013 07:34 PM

Where can I get the beta for FE? Is it only for folks who preordered?

MizzouRah 05-09-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 2820521)
Where can I get the beta for FE? Is it only for folks who preordered?

Buy the game and it downloads the beta.

chinaski 05-09-2013 08:16 PM

and speaking of which.... FE on sale for $10.19
Save 66% on Fallen Enchantress on Steam

MizzouRah 05-09-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 2820898)
and speaking of which.... FE on sale for $10.19
Save 66% on Fallen Enchantress on Steam

Great price for a really good game if you like Civ type games.

That should allow you to get 50% off FE: Legendary Heroes

I've been playing the heck out of the latter and played a good amount of the original.

Blackadar 05-10-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 2820921)
Great price for a really good game if you like Civ type games.

That should allow you to get 50% off FE: Legendary Heroes

I've been playing the heck out of the latter and played a good amount of the original.

If someone already had Warlock and wanted a similar style game, then a $10-spot for FE isn't all that bad of a deal. But if someone has neither, then I think Warlock is the better game - and cheaper to boot. FE is a mediocre Civ-style game with limited strategy options. Note that I have 30+ hours of time in both FE and Warlock, so I've gotten my time out of each.

Now LH may improve the game substantially (I haven't played LH), but even if LH improves the game the total cost of acquisition is $30 (LH @ $20 and FE @ $10). Is it significantly better than Warlock, which can be had for a $5 spot every time it goes on sale?

MizzouRah 05-10-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackadar (Post 2820992)
If someone already had Warlock and wanted a similar style game, then a $10-spot for FE isn't all that bad of a deal. But if someone has neither, then I think Warlock is the better game - and cheaper to boot. FE is a mediocre Civ-style game with limited strategy options. Note that I have 30+ hours of time in both FE and Warlock, so I've gotten my time out of each.

Now LH may improve the game substantially (I haven't played LH), but even if LH improves the game the total cost of acquisition is $30 (LH @ $20 and FE @ $10). Is it significantly better than Warlock, which can be had for a $5 spot every time it goes on sale?

I'll add Warlock to my next game to purchase after I've exhausted LH.

Blackadar 05-10-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 2821145)

I'd recommend the Armageddon DLC to go along with it.

Honolulu_Blue 05-12-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackadar (Post 2820992)

I finally got to play with the LH expansion the other night. It does improve the game substantially. It's a much better game now.

MizzouRah 05-12-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue (Post 2821565)
I finally got to play with the LH expansion the other night. It does improve the game substantially. It's a much better game now.

Indeed.. it's almost like a major patch and well worth the $20 I spent on it.

MizzouRah 05-12-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 2821145)

Thanks to Mckerney looks like I'm going to dig into Warlock tonight. :)

DaddyTorgo 05-13-2013 07:50 PM

I have two 75% off coupons for Shogun 2 on Steam if anyone wants one...Makes it a $7 game.

Matthean 05-13-2013 09:28 PM

I'll take one if available.

DaddyTorgo 05-13-2013 09:37 PM

yup

DaddyTorgo 05-13-2013 09:37 PM

what's your steam name?

Matthean 05-13-2013 09:39 PM

matthean

Matthean 05-13-2013 09:43 PM

System Shock 2 is on Steam and for $6.99(30% off) right now.

DaddyTorgo 05-13-2013 09:44 PM

Think you have to add me as a friend before i can gift it to you

DaddyTorgo 05-13-2013 09:47 PM

1 down, 1 to give

Matthean 05-13-2013 09:51 PM

Yeah, sorry about that. Thanks although this likely means I have to buy everything else now. :lol:

scooter 05-14-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 2822112)
I have two 75% off coupons for Shogun 2 on Steam if anyone wants one...Makes it a $7 game.

I've got one of these as well if anyone wants it. I'm pretty sure you do have to be friends with me to get it though. I'm nwscooter on Steam.

Draft Dodger 05-14-2013 10:49 AM

I would love one as well. I get confused by screen name vs login but I believe screen name is Draft Dodger. I'm in the FOFC group

JPhillips 05-14-2013 11:36 AM

I also have two to give away.

DaddyTorgo 05-14-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft Dodger (Post 2822364)
I would love one as well. I get confused by screen name vs login but I believe screen name is Draft Dodger. I'm in the FOFC group

I'll hit you up with one after work.

MizzouRah 05-17-2013 10:39 AM

Think I'll get System Shock 2 for $7.. for those who have played it, did you download any of these graphical mods?

Steam Community :: Guide :: System Shock 2 Modding Guide

Quite a fantastic job by these modders:

http://imgur.com/a/1BjFg

Mizzou B-ball fan 05-17-2013 11:55 AM

So is the Summer Sale coming soon?

Ryan S 05-17-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan (Post 2823402)
So is the Summer Sale coming soon?

We are around 2 months away from the Steam Summer Sale. Last year it started in mid July.

Amazon.com has a huge sale on right now, so that might be worth checking out.