Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   NFL 2019 Season Thread (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=95904)

miami_fan 07-29-2019 04:28 PM

:D

Roger Goodell, refs set to be deposed in September over Saints-Rams no call, judge says | Courts | nola.com

CU Tiger 07-29-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 3244506)
So my beloved Cards had yet another 1st rounder bust on them, this time Robert Nkemdiche was released after showing up to camp not in shape after recovering from an injury.

Shocked. SHocked I tell you.

NobodyHere 08-01-2019 06:51 PM

Pre-season football is upon us gentleman

NobodyHere 08-01-2019 08:11 PM

I'll continue to hate to QB sliding rule as usual.

bhlloy 08-01-2019 08:16 PM

Even though the HOF game is typical preseason football, it might still be a must watch as the first action we’ve had in months, if they would stop with the endless cutaways and painful interviews.

As it is, just turned it off for the night. Meh.

molson 08-05-2019 12:20 AM

Brady signs for 2 more years after this one. I still expect his inevitable weird last season with another team to come in 2022 at age 45.

BishopMVP 08-05-2019 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molson (Post 3245420)
Brady signs for 2 more years after this one. I still expect his inevitable weird last season with another team to come in 2022 at age 45.

I hope he succeeds Jimmy Garoppollo in San Fran so we can close that loop and yell (on deaf/plugged ears) about the idiots who wanted to push him out the door for JG. Real talk though, Jarrett Stidham looks good... I can't wait until we trade him in 2022 for a 2nd round pick because Brady is still playing!

I also don't know how much traction it got, but did people see Belichick made a 69 joke at a press conference?!? We get it, Gronk's coming back in November, stop overdoing the bit. :lol:

NobodyHere 08-07-2019 06:57 PM

Source -- AB suffered frostbite during cryotherapy

Well this is a new one.

miami_fan 08-07-2019 07:42 PM

The developer of the game is getting a bit too cute.

Thomkal 08-08-2019 09:27 PM

Kyler Murray goes 6/6 in his first action in the NFL-open the doors for the Hall of Fame for him :)

sabotai 08-08-2019 10:01 PM

Daniel Jones goes 5/5 and 1 TD. Obviously Jones and Murray will be the next Brady-Manning rivalry.

Thomkal 08-08-2019 10:04 PM

Obviously :)

Honolulu_Blue 08-09-2019 09:26 AM

Lions looking good in preseason!

albionmoonlight 08-09-2019 09:39 AM

Matt Schaub wins my annual "Holy shit, that guy's still in the league?" backup quarterback award for preseason 2019.

This might be even more shocking than when I saw David Carr playing for the Giants in preseason 2012.

PilotMan 08-09-2019 09:41 AM

Two North Dakota State guys scored touchdowns yesterday. One was Stick the 5th round QB for the Chargers and the other was Darrius Shepherd an undrafted free agent for the Packers. That's a great day!

bhlloy 08-09-2019 10:29 PM

You have to figure they've got to be having fun watching the show in the Steelers locker room right now

stevew 08-10-2019 12:39 AM

He’s going apeshit over a helmet. Mr Big Chest is literally insane

stevew 08-13-2019 04:09 PM

When is it going to come out that Brown had a sponsorship deal with Schutt and this was just for millions of dollars of free add exposure.

NobodyHere 08-14-2019 06:41 PM

Colts GM: Andrew Luck's calf injury is high-ankle issue - NFL.com

Good lord, first it was a calf issue with Andrew Luck, then it was a bone issue, now it's an ankle issue.

It's like the Colts are wrote down random injuries, threw them in a hat and now draw one every few days.

Chief Rum 08-14-2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyHere (Post 3246349)

Good lord, first it was a calf issue with Andrew Luck, then it was a bone issue, now it's an ankle issue.

It's like the Colts are wrote down random injuries, threw them in a hat and now draw one every few days.

Andrew Luck contracts plague. Leeches have been applied. Questionable for season opener.

albionmoonlight 08-15-2019 03:45 PM

If we miss another season of Luck because of a "minor" injury that the team misdiagnosed/let linger/treated horribly . . .

CU Tiger 08-15-2019 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyHere (Post 3246349)

The Achilles attaches to the calf and can be the source of high ankle issues...

Butter 08-15-2019 08:41 PM

Kyler Murray didn't look all that great.

Thomkal 08-15-2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 3246463)
Kyler Murray didn't look all that great.

Neither did the rest of the team

Butter 08-15-2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 3246465)
Neither did the rest of the team

Hundley seemed to be moving them.

AlexB 08-16-2019 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CU Tiger (Post 3246453)
The Achilles attaches to the calf and can be the source of high ankle issues...

Yeah, i ruptured my achilles right at that juncture, and it was my first thought when I read the latest update

bhlloy 08-19-2019 07:30 PM

So the preseason doesn't matter in any form, but holy crap Jimmy G looks terrible. Chances Mullens is the QB and Shanahan is not the coach at the end of the season?

Lathum 08-19-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhlloy (Post 3246833)
So the preseason doesn't matter in any form, but holy crap Jimmy G looks terrible. Chances Mullens is the QB and Shanahan is not the coach at the end of the season?

JonInMiddleGA 08-21-2019 02:52 PM

And I think we have to keep those things in a little perspective and not get too crazy over a missed kick here or there." -- the guy who seems to be the most OCD about a missed kick

molson 08-21-2019 05:37 PM

What information does "bringing kickers in" give you that actually watching kickers kick in games does not?

It seems like teams haven't figured out how to do this yet. They watch a million practice kicks, preseason game kicks, the college career, but then a player gets cut if he misses a few big kicks when the games start. What was the point of all the training camp reps and what was learned from that?

I'm not sure there's much practical difference between most of these kickers. They're going to miss sometimes. Statistically, they're going to miss a few in a row sometimes. If they haven't yet, they're gonna. Then they'll make a ton in a row, with you or someone else if they get the chance. Dan Carlson got cut for missing 3 kicks, then he went 16/17 with Oakland. I don't think he learned how to kick during the season. He just went 17/21 over the season and had a few of those misses early. If he had those misses in weeks 4, 8, 12, and 15, we'd be saying he had a solid season.

RainMaker 08-21-2019 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhlloy (Post 3246833)

Way too much money invested in him to move on. And maybe Mullens turns out to be better, but enough to give up on that money? Probably not.

stevew 08-21-2019 06:22 PM

They can cut him for a 4M charge at the end of the year

JPhillips 08-22-2019 03:03 PM

Patrick Chung busted for cocaine possession.

Any other team would be getting killed for a culture of criminality, but winning excuses everything in the NFL.

Lathum 08-22-2019 08:56 PM

Just found out I'm going to Jets-Browns MNF week 2. Should be fun to see the Browns in person. Plus it is in a luxury sweet which is always a great way to see a game.

SirFozzie 08-22-2019 09:08 PM

Newton injured?

Chief Rum 08-22-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 3247176)
Just found out I'm going to Jets-Browns MNF week 2. Should be fun to see the Browns in person. Plus it is in a luxury sweet which is always a great way to see a game.

I really enjoyed my one game at Met Life. Admittedly I was sitting with the plebes. But I.still had a good time. Enjoy!

Chief Rum 08-22-2019 09:45 PM

So... the Pack held out 33 players from the game tonight because of field conditions.

If I'm NOT one of those 33, I'm kinda like... WTF?!?

JonInMiddleGA 08-22-2019 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3247180)
So... the Pack held out 33 players from the game tonight because of field conditions.

LOL ... but you raise a fair point

SirFozzie 08-23-2019 12:09 AM

Ankle sprain for Cam newton. Wonder if that puts him in jeopardy for week 1.

BishopMVP 08-23-2019 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3247180)

Shurg, you got 40 players for 20 (13) spots. Get your reps in. (Plus I'm not sure if there was any problem with the field outside of that spot where the CFL goalposts normally are, so it wasn't like they had an elevated injury risk elsewhere.)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JPhillips (Post 3247136)
Patrick Chung busted for cocaine possession.

Any other team would be getting killed for a culture of criminality, but winning excuses everything in the NFL.

]Not a great look, but unless you count Duron Harmon getting detained for trying to bring marijuana into Costa Rica that's the first time a real Patriot has been charged since Brandon Spikes' hit & run in 2015 (little known fact - he was hammered & leaving a party at the Kraft house, so yeah the RKK & Hernandez stigmas are understandable, but I don't see a pattern here.)

Doesn't sound like Chung would be suspended until potentially next year, but I'm not even sure we'd miss him at this point. This Patriots team is easily the deepest since maybe 07? 03-04? With Josh Gordon, Damien Harris & Jakobi Meyers emergence the offensive skill players are deeper than I can remember, the DB's are even better, the LB's are still a couple injuries away from being stretched thin but I count 5.5 good ones vs like 2.5 we had in the past couple seasons (hilarious that we have a chastened Jamie Collins back after the furor when he was shipped to Cleveland). Not sure Isaiah Wynn can match Trent Brown's pass pro level at LT by later in the year, but he was option A last August for a reason & while he's being brought along slowly there haven't been bad signs. Trey Flowers deserved everything he got paid as an all-around guy (and I don't love him off the field), but Michael Bennett has looked fantastic, Winovich looks good for a rookie & Deatrich Wise might make the leap and be the next Patriot DE who gets paid by another team after 2 good years here. A Brady injury would still kill us, but Coach Hoyer is great & Stidham looks as good as Jimmy G did as a backup. Even at Punter we've somehow upgraded from a guy who was legitimately in the Super Bowl MVP discussion (though he needs to work on his holding - Laces Out Jake!) The one thing we're really missing is an above average starting TE, but you know...

Butter 08-24-2019 08:34 PM

Holy shit, Andrew Luck to retire according to ESPN

Lathum 08-24-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 3247371)

Just saw that on the ticker.

NFL will be extinct in another 20-25 years.

Thomkal 08-24-2019 08:39 PM

Report: Andrew Luck retiring from NFL – ProFootballTalk

Kodos 08-24-2019 08:41 PM

Surprising. But might well be a good choice.

cuervo72 08-24-2019 08:51 PM

Wow.

MizzouRah 08-24-2019 09:43 PM

Luck will be missed, class act for sure.

SirFozzie 08-24-2019 10:23 PM

The Checkdown on Twitter: "The nicest guy the game has ever seen. 💯… "

NobodyHere 08-24-2019 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 3247371)

The NFL is officially bugged.

And as a Colts fan:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

So we go into the season with Jacoby Brisset and Chad Kelly as our QBs? Any good prospects in next year's draft?

SirFozzie 08-24-2019 11:08 PM

At least you're handling it better than your Colts fandommates, (you know the ones burning his jersey and booing him as he left the field tonight)

claphamsa 08-24-2019 11:14 PM

he will be back...