Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf: The Rebirth (Game Over! Thank you for playing) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=89879)

Chief Rum 02-19-2015 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grover (Post 3001898)
Well, we do have a murderer/stowaway (same person/different?) at this point. Getting a government in place could give us the means to find him or her.

Do we know that for sure?

We have a Sheriff. Surely gaining that role has given Thomkal some abilities to investigate this?

Poli 02-19-2015 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanGarion (Post 3000802)
Don't know who Danny is... since I don't go by that it must not be me. But I don't post here much anymore since I don't play well with the mods at times and I have a almost 2 year old at home now. :)

Amen to this. I believe my 2 year old keeps me out of a lot of trouble. :)

Grover 02-19-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3001900)
Do we know that for sure?

We have a Sheriff. Surely gaining that role has given Thomkal some abilities to investigate this?

Thomkal seems to think that having the government in place will give him some abilities to aid in this. Whether that is truth or he's looking out for his own interests, I don't know. I tend to believe him though.

timmae 02-19-2015 09:26 AM

Font: I recommend that the following people head over to the science research facility in order of preference so that you may determine how many we want to send. timmae, Narcizo, Raven, SharkN20

Chief Rum 02-19-2015 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grover (Post 3001903)
Thomkal seems to think that having the government in place will give him some abilities to aid in this. Whether that is truth or he's looking out for his own interests, I don't know. I tend to believe him though.

Okay, if that is true, that elevates Government for me quite a bit (given we have a murderer amongst us). Since the murderer killed off Schmidty, at the moment, we don't specifically need the Medical Facility for currently injured people (assuming we can't heal starvation of course ;) ).

Chief Rum 02-19-2015 09:28 AM

I still believe we need a Medical Facility as soon as we can get one. We will need it.

timmae 02-19-2015 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poli (Post 3001896)
I'm hopelessly behind. I'm at the end of page 6, post 300. How in the world did I play this before? I'm determined to read through, though.

No worries bud.... glad to have ya! Who are you on the list though? replacing an inactive??!

Poli 02-19-2015 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmae (Post 3001910)
No worries bud.... glad to have ya! Who are you on the list though? replacing an inactive??!

I'm not in the game, Tim. I'm just watching. :popcorn:

CrimsonFox 02-19-2015 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3001894)
I am of the opinion we will soon get our food from the biodome, so going to gather supplies is an unnecessary risk. We know that colony failed and ended in blood-curdling screams. That sounds like a lot more risk for relatively small gain, unless someone knows something more about what other supplies we could get from there that would really help us.

The surface will always be there. I think we need to establish our base, then we can go exploring the surface.

I also don't entirely get what we gain from fixing the communicator. Information from Earth? What information can help us? Will they ID the stowaway for us? I doubt that.

I have already made clear my feelings on a selection of the next project.

I think I'm coming around to the government thing now. HOwever what you say is incorrect. We have 2 days before the biodome starts kicking out dingdongs and funyons. We keep taking damage until then. We have got to get some food today.

CrimsonFox 02-19-2015 09:38 AM

:eek: maybe homer simpson did it!

Grover 02-19-2015 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 3001914)
I think I'm coming around to the government thing now. HOwever what you say is incorrect. We have 2 days before the biodome starts kicking out dingdongs and funyons. We keep taking damage until then. We have got to get some food today.

Exactly this, but I believe the Biodome starts working tomorrow.

We need to get the government in place, but we need to find some Buggalo first.

I suggest we head to Wong Family Ranch.

CrimsonFox 02-19-2015 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcizo (Post 3001814)
If we lose health because we're hungry then surely eating will improve our health, albeit gradually.

And I don't think we (as a group) actually know EXACTLY what anything will get us. It's (semi) educated guesses at best. I guess that the medical base will help people recover from lowered health. What government will do? :shurg: Ditto comms.

until I see that for a fact I don't want to risk us all losing more. If it were just a couple people maybe.

DanGarion 02-19-2015 09:40 AM

Did I miss Schmidty dying?

CrimsonFox 02-19-2015 09:41 AM

um THomkal, you got any fingerprint gear?

CrimsonFox 02-19-2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanGarion (Post 3001920)

no, he's right there *points*

timmae 02-19-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanGarion (Post 3001920)

Maybe... maybe not. ;)

CrimsonFox 02-19-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3001906)
Okay, if that is true, that elevates Government for me quite a bit (given we have a murderer amongst us). Since the murderer killed off Schmidty, at the moment, we don't specifically need the Medical Facility for currently injured people (assuming we can't heal starvation of course ;) ).

Chief did you see anything about schmidty when you worked on him?

CrimsonFox 02-19-2015 09:49 AM

let's have a moment of silence for our friend schmidty. He never made it past the opening credits *sniff*

CrimsonFox 02-19-2015 09:50 AM

errrrrrrg soooooooooooo huuuuuuuuungry. schmidty right here. must resist.....must resist...

JAG 02-19-2015 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3001906)

I agree, arguing for government doesn't mean one doesn't think a medical facility or fixing the communicator or gathering supplies for today isn't important, it's trying to pick the most efficient and beneficial solution over the long term. Picking government today will improve our efficiency and prevent bickering amongst ourselves (so EF claims) at the cost of some health that may heal beginning Day 3 with the biodome being fully operational, plus per Thomkal may give us new options for defense / surveillance going forward.

Chief Rum 02-19-2015 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 3001914)

I actually said "soon" and didn't give a specific date for biodome food arrival. So what I said was absolutely correct.

And if the rate of health loss stays the same, we have some time before we all fall apart without food.

Chief Rum 02-19-2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 3001925)
Chief did you see anything about schmidty when you worked on him?

Here you go. Post #1042

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3001888)
I don't know that we can offer much. Only Autumn and I were watching over him.

I was told about the reality star thing myself in my PM last night, as I apparently recognized him while monitoring him. I wasn't sure yet what to do with that information, but now it's out there and doesn't matter. That, and a health update, were all I got last night.

I'm frankly at a loss how to explain how a patient under two vigilant doctors could be strangled. It's not like we have anything else to do.

Poli 02-19-2015 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 3001306)
Was this the Bull Moose Special?

Grooooan.

The Jackal 02-19-2015 10:15 AM

Project: Government
Action: Next Project

The Jackal 02-19-2015 10:16 AM

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the Biodome collapses because I didn't work on it, but alas, what can a scholar do but speculate and ridicule.

timmae 02-19-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poli (Post 3001940)
Grooooan.

Inside joke?

The Jackal 02-19-2015 10:17 AM

I'm sure a medical facility will be important, but I like the idea of potential stability that a government brings, especially in regards to defending ourselves and identifying saboteurs and such.

The Jackal 02-19-2015 10:17 AM

Also tempted to explore the surface, so I may re-consider the next project vote as the day goes on. I think supplies is a good one too and wouldn't be upset if it won.

CrimsonFox 02-19-2015 10:20 AM

Thomkal you need an assistant? I'll hold youd your bag and say things like "What's that, Doctor?" and "Great scott! That's remarkable Holmes!"

Grover 02-19-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 3001949)
Thomkal you need an assistant? I'll hold youd your bag and say things like "What's that, Doctor?" and "Great scott! That's remarkable Holmes!"

You are the Barney Fife to his Andy Griffith.

Thomkal 02-19-2015 10:23 AM

Just checking in here-have a couple OOC things to take care of here, but obviously I'm very unhappy about Schmidty's death, but I received no information on it or anything else that might have happened during the night.

CrimsonFox 02-19-2015 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grover (Post 3001950)
You are the Barney Fife to his Andy Griffith.

I withdraw my application.

Zinto 02-19-2015 10:27 AM

I am still think government is the best option for today. I don't think we should be running to explore the surface yet. I am too afraid that we don't have the right tools to go off on our own.

timmae 02-19-2015 10:28 AM

Please do not take this as accusations... I am solely looking to find the truth.

For what it is worth (I'm a scientist, not a sherriff) I think that we need to keep eyes on both Autumn and Chief Rum. Both had the opportunity to murder Schmidty (EF said it was murder). I am not sure on the physical ability of either but if they are not very strong maybe this is why the took care of Schmidty right away when he couldn't fight back.

Autumn could be suspect due to trying to cast so much light onto DanGarion. While I think his points were valid was it to over the top? I.e. trying to implicate someone other than himself?

Chief Rum could be suspect because he hasn't really said a lot about his medical experience. ER... ok. That can mess a lot of people up pretty bad. It'd take more for Autumn as an administrator to hide his true colors (or maybe not, lol).

Can we really trust that either is really from the medical profession? Schmidty didn't get better in their care. Why didn't he? Maybe due to the conditions on Mars.

Discuss.

Shoveler 02-19-2015 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 3001771)
Day Two Options
the colony must decide
- Next project (Government, Medical Facility, fix communicator)
- Action (Collect supplies from supply drop, Work on next project, Explore the Surface)

Am I reading this wrong when I presume that the collecting supplies are those that were dropped with us and not supplies from the original colony mission?

And for clarification, are we splitting our tasks again so that we can accomplish a project and an action? Or do we have to choose work on next project as an action to complete the next project selection?

Poli 02-19-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmae (Post 3001945)
Inside joke?

I died from the original Bull Moose Special in a game more than a few years ago.

Shoveler 02-19-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 3001858)
Tragedy Strikes

No one has checked on Schmidty lately. When you do you can't believe your eyes. He has no vital signs. He is dead.

You look around and all that you find is that it looks like he was strangled. This wasn't natural causes from the landing. This was foul play. There is a murderer among you.

I'm not sure we can point the finger at our physicians based on this statement. Nobody was checking on him apparently. So while they may have been attending to him over the course of day one, everyone is still a plausible suspect.

Chief Rum 02-19-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmae (Post 3001957)
Please do not take this as accusations... I am solely looking to find the truth.

For what it is worth (I'm a scientist, not a sherriff) I think that we need to keep eyes on both Autumn and Chief Rum. Both had the opportunity to murder Schmidty (EF said it was murder). I am not sure on the physical ability of either but if they are not very strong maybe this is why the took care of Schmidty right away when he couldn't fight back.

Autumn could be suspect due to trying to cast so much light onto DanGarion. While I think his points were valid was it to over the top? I.e. trying to implicate someone other than himself?

Chief Rum could be suspect because he hasn't really said a lot about his medical experience. ER... ok. That can mess a lot of people up pretty bad. It'd take more for Autumn as an administrator to hide his true colors (or maybe not, lol).

Can we really trust that either is really from the medical profession? Schmidty didn't get better in their care. Why didn't he? Maybe due to the conditions on Mars.

Discuss.

I addressed much of this already, including the lack of serious improvement in Schmidty. I would go review those posts if I were you (one page back).

I'm not sure what else you want to know about the medical stuff.

I didn't get any feedback on what Autumn did or did not do for Schmidty, but then, from a real world perspective, I have very little understanding for how Schmidty could have been strangled directly under our care.

timmae 02-19-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoveler (Post 3001959)
Am I reading this wrong when I presume that the collecting supplies are those that were dropped with us and not supplies from the original colony mission?

And for clarification, are we splitting our tasks again so that we can accomplish a project and an action? Or do we have to choose work on next project as an action to complete the next project selection?

EF to confirm but the collecting supplies we are discussing right now is out supply drop that happened immediately preceding our landing on Mars. Not the previous landing attempt.

The vote is indeed split into 2 voting actions.

1st - Vote on the next project (which may not happen immediately due to Vote 2 below).

2nd - Vote on next action item, one of which would be the next project which is voted on in item 1 above. The next project could be delayed to future days if we elect a different action item for tomorrow.

Chief Rum 02-19-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoveler (Post 3001959)

Good question. Usually in these types of games, we can take multiple actions and their success and failure will be based on how many people are thrown at something, and what skills/abilities they have.

Do we know for sure that it is an either or situation on those colony decisions? EF?

timmae 02-19-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoveler (Post 3001962)
I'm not sure we can point the finger at our physicians based on this statement. Nobody was checking on him apparently. So while they may have been attending to him over the course of day one, everyone is still a plausible suspect.

Dammit... where's Barney Fife?!

Chief Rum 02-19-2015 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmae (Post 3001964)
EF to confirm but the collecting supplies we are discussing right now is out supply drop that happened immediately preceding our landing on Mars. Not the previous landing attempt.

We definitely need confirmation on this because that is not my take at all. I believe that supply run is for the supplies from the first failed colony. I believe we are already at the drop point of our original supplies and presume we are in possession of those.

Shoveler 02-19-2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3001969)
We definitely need confirmation on this because that is not my take at all. I believe that supply run is for the supplies from the first failed colony. I believe we are already at the drop point of our original supplies and presume we are in possession of those.

Exactly, we need to know specifically what our choices are. There is so much speculation going around (myself included) that our votes may be misguided if we don't nail the details down.

Grover 02-19-2015 10:48 AM

Clarification would be excellent. If gathering supplies is from the first attempted colony, I would change to completing the next project over gathering supplies.

My vote hinges on this now.

timmae 02-19-2015 10:49 AM

PM to EF sent.

JAG 02-19-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmae (Post 3001957)

Discuss.

FWIW, I have mild mistrust in all leaders based on brit's comments about an attempt to buy support for his getting a leadership position, so that includes CR. At this point we have no options for removing people and very little else we can go on as far as determining loyalties, so I don't think there's much to be done about that at the moment. Just something to keep in mind.

Shoveler 02-19-2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 3001922)
um THomkal, you got any fingerprint gear?

Apparently all we brought along were blacklights and a solution that helps detect genetic material.

timmae 02-19-2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoveler (Post 3001981)
Apparently all we brought along were blacklights and a solution that helps detect genetic material.

Too bad Schmidty is gone then, eh?! ;)

Shoveler 02-19-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 3001929)
errrrrrrg soooooooooooo huuuuuuuuungry. schmidty right here. must resist.....must resist...

We wouldn't really be breaking new ground here. Although feasting on the fallen would not provide us with water.

Anyone with cajun cooking experience?

ntndeacon 02-19-2015 11:10 AM

The fact that Schmidty was killed under the care of the Chief and Autumn makes them appear more likely to be who they say they are. This seems to be a ploy to make it harder for us to heal injured people by having early mistrust head to those that treated him.