Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Random Thoughts That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Go Here (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77784)

Greyroofoo 07-29-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang (Post 2327158)
My sister in law is an idiot. Still not divorced, she has dated 3 guys in the last 9 months that have been 'the love of her life'. I'm sure there will be 2 more by the end of the year.

Is she hot?

Mustang 07-29-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greyroofoo (Post 2327172)
Is she hot?

No.

Although she is 27 and losing her teeth due to drinking 5 Mountain Dews a day for the last 15 years. So, if that is your thing...

MJ4H 07-29-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang (Post 2327177)
No.

Although she is 27 and losing her teeth due to drinking 5 Mountain Dews a day for the last 15 years. So, if that is your thing...

I will admit it piqued my interest for just a little second there.

Greyroofoo 07-29-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang (Post 2327177)
No.

Well, I do live in the south...

DataKing 07-29-2010 12:48 PM

Teeth just get in the way.

stevew 07-29-2010 01:22 PM

At 2:30 it's probably safe to say that my lunch plans are not happening. Everyone has that one friend that bails all the time, or is it just me?

JediKooter 07-29-2010 01:31 PM

Gummer!!!!

Izulde 07-29-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2327207)
At 2:30 it's probably safe to say that my lunch plans are not happening. Everyone has that one friend that bails all the time, or is it just me?

People who do this drive me nuts.

Kodos 07-29-2010 01:49 PM

I'm thinking of writing the first great American zombie love story.

Honolulu_Blue 07-29-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

I have friends who are unreliable. Once I have identified this trait, I ask myself: Is this someone I like enough to put up with their unreliability? If the answer is yes, then I simply accept the fact that they are unreliable and don't get upset when it happens. I knew they were a snake when I picked them up at all. If not, then I just sort of let them... drift away.

Poli 07-29-2010 02:07 PM

It appears my brother and Mustang's sister have missed the ultimate love connection.

stevew 07-29-2010 02:10 PM

I'm pretty sure baby momma drama might be involved. He had a job interview this morning so I thought we were going out to celebrate. His positives easily outweigh his negatives, otherwise I'd let him go.

JediKooter 07-29-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poli (Post 2327231)
It appears my brother and Mustang's sister have missed the ultimate love connection.

Is it the teeth, the mountain dew or both?

Suburban Rhythm 07-29-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2327154)
Why do I even buy deli sliced turkey? It goes bad so quickly. If you want a fresh turkey sandwich today, you got a winner. 2 days from now and it'll taste horrible though.

Quote:

If he stood you up, and took so long your turkey sammich went bad...drop him.

I don't have a friend that bails, but is notoriously late. So we tell him 30-60 minutes earlier than expected for anything we are getting together.

Poli 07-29-2010 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2327253)
Is it the teeth, the mountain dew or both?

both

Sun Tzu 07-29-2010 11:01 PM

Muscle Milk gives me gas.

So does food.

Izulde 07-30-2010 12:54 AM

I'm thinking of making an Izulde in Vegas dynasty.

duckman 07-30-2010 08:20 AM

I really shouldn't be packing with my fucked up neck, but these boxes are not going to pack themselves.

Mustang 07-30-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poli (Post 2327405)
both

If he doesn't have a decent job, spends way more than he earns, has a 4 year old kid that is a holy terror and still milks his parent for money, then they are perfect for each other.

Then again, pairing them up might be like getting the keymaster and gatekeeper together.

JediKooter 07-30-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poli (Post 2327405)
both

Yikes!

JediKooter 07-30-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman (Post 2327498)
I really shouldn't be packing with my fucked up neck, but these boxes are not going to pack themselves.

Take easy with that neck, man. Maybe have a couple of friends come over and help out?

JediKooter 07-30-2010 12:13 PM

I found it odd this morning that there was a US Government license plated car out front of my house this morning. I wonder if it had anything to do with me reading about various nuclear incidents and various other articles regarding nuclear weapons on wikipedia last night.

Poli 07-30-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang (Post 2327518)
If he doesn't have a decent job, spends way more than he earns, has a 4 year old kid that is a holy terror and still milks his parent for money, then they are perfect for each other.

Then again, pairing them up might be like getting the keymaster and gatekeeper together.

Job? Check.

Money? Not so much a check, except he doesn't have any.

Kids? He has two with two different mothers and has a third kid's name, that's not his at all, tattooed on his hand.

The only problem? He got married last month.

Mustang 07-30-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poli (Post 2327642)
Job? Check.

Money? Not so much a check, except he doesn't have any.

Kids? He has two with two different mothers and has a third kid's name, that's not his at all, tattooed on his hand.

The only problem? He got married last month.

Well, she is still married too... sounds like a match.

DataKing 07-30-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Tzu (Post 2327407)
Muscle Milk gives me gas.

I go with Myoplex. Lower fat content.

sabotai 07-30-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poli (Post 2327642)

:lol:

Poli 07-30-2010 02:12 PM

Yeah, the story behind that...well, it is outstanding in my view.

Kid 1, well, I haven't even seen that kid in about 10 years. My brother probably hasn't seen him in 12. He pays some sort of child support, when he's working...and the kid is wrapped up in custody petitions between the mother...and the ex-husband. Note: My brother is not the ex-husband. The mother apparently was declared unfit after my brother started the process of giving up his parental rights so the boy could be adopted. The ex, Steven, then petitioned the court for sole custody of the boy and tried to draw child support...from my brother. When did my brother find out about that? When he called about having his child support shut off from the mother. The clerk notified him that there was a new pending case against him. My brother laughed it off, "surely I can't have two different people drawing support from one kid, can I?"

The second kid he sees about once a month or so. She stays with her mother.

The mother of that child is also the mother of the third kid, but my brother is not the father. They split up for about 6 months about 6 years ago...long enough for her to get knocked up by another guy. That guy disappeared and my brother decided to act as if the boy was his own, even though he knew it wasn't. Thus, the tattoo on his hand. She stuck around for three years before leaving again. Again, for just 6 months and again just long enough to get knocked up by a different guy. Again, the guy disappears. Again, my brother takes her back. She eventually leaves just before the baby is born...saving my brother from yet another embarrassing tattoo.

sabotai 07-30-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poli (Post 2327687)
Yeah, the story behind that...well, it is outstanding in my view.

Kid 1, well, I haven't even seen that kid in about 10 years. My brother probably hasn't seen him in 12. He pays some sort of child support, when he's working...and the kid is wrapped up in custody petitions between the mother...and the ex-husband. Note: My brother is not the ex-husband. The mother apparently was declared unfit after my brother started the process of giving up his parental rights so the boy could be adopted. The ex, Steven, then petitioned the court for sole custody of the boy and tried to draw child support...from my brother. When did my brother find out about that? When he called about having his child support shut off from the mother. The clerk notified him that there was a new pending case against him. My brother laughed it off, "surely I can't have two different people drawing support from one kid, can I?"

The second kid he sees about once a month or so. She stays with her mother.

The mother of that child is also the mother of the third kid, but my brother is not the father. They split up for about 6 months about 6 years ago...long enough for her to get knocked up by another guy. That guy disappeared and my brother decided to act as if the boy was his own, even though he knew it wasn't. Thus, the tattoo on his hand. She stuck around for three years before leaving again. Again, for just 6 months and again just long enough to get knocked up by a different guy. Again, the guy disappears. Again, my brother takes her back. She eventually leaves just before the baby is born...saving my brother from yet another embarrassing tattoo.

Wow.....and I thought some of the people in my family were screwed up. The worst thing with my family is the aunt that was cut off because, when my great-grandfather died, she went through his house taking money and anything she could quickly sell. The only time she tries to contact her mother is to ask for money.

stevew 07-31-2010 12:59 AM

I finally figured out what The Killers "Somebody Told Me" was actually about. Heh

DataKing 07-31-2010 04:27 AM

Rob Zombie is fond of strippers. Went to a club tonight and who should I see in the champagne room but the bearded one himself. Dude needs to eat a sandwich or something though...looks like a stiff breeze could knock him over.

stevew 07-31-2010 05:12 AM

I think I prefer Audioslave to Soundgarden. The dudes from Rage are better musicians.

Poli 07-31-2010 07:59 AM

I protected one of my former players from last year and left four others available in the draft. All four boys were drafted by other teams...and I was only able to make out one trade to bring the a kid back to my team.

I'm bummed, even though one of the boys was perhaps the worst kid in the league last year. I really would have liked to have had all five of my boys back.

JonInMiddleGA 08-01-2010 12:49 AM

The variety & quality available under Creative Commons license for things like background music, podcast bumper music, and such just astounds me.

Considering the thousands of dollars that I know was spent by the radio stations I worked for through the years to build up a production library, I'm just jawdropped, espcially knowing how easy it is today to extract :30 seconds from a longer piece.

Makes me very happy as we're ramping up for another HS football webcast season.

Draft Dodger 08-01-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2327943)
I think I prefer Audioslave to Soundgarden. The dudes from Rage are better musicians.

and I'm about as big a RATM fan as there is, but Audioslave just didn't work for me at all

stevew 08-01-2010 11:20 AM

it's like rocknroll paper rock scissors. Rage beats audioslave but loses to soundgarden who loses to audioslave.

sabotai 08-01-2010 12:25 PM

Some of the "supergroups" didn't do much for me. I love Rage and Soundgarden, but Audioslave was just ok. I love GNR and liked Stone Temple Pilots, but Velvet Revolver did nothing for me.

ISiddiqui 08-01-2010 11:55 PM

I'm freaking engaged!!! Wooot!!

sabotai 08-02-2010 12:13 AM

Hurray!!!

Kodos 08-02-2010 08:42 AM

Congratulations!

DataKing 08-02-2010 10:54 AM

Awesome!

Greyroofoo 08-02-2010 03:35 PM

Sorry to hear that :(

DataKing 08-02-2010 04:53 PM

Was at a minor league baseball game yesterday, and during one of the between-inning breaks they brought out three kids for a promotion. Each one got to hit a wiffle-ball with a golf club, and the winner got a free kid's golf lesson at a local course. The announcer at the end of the competition: "Congratulations to so-and-so, he wins a free golf lesson. The other two get to caddie for the Dalai Lama." I busted a gut laughing, but I think it went over the heads of everyone else around me.

sabotai 08-03-2010 01:45 AM

Awhile back, for my movie dynasty, I uploaded the trailer for the movie The Lost World (1925). If you do a Google video search for "The Lost World", it's the first video. It has just over 47,000 views, favorited 74 times, and has been linked to from several websites.

Neat.

RainMaker 08-03-2010 02:02 AM

I've lost 22 pounds since the mid-May. Kind of crazy to think how much weight that really is and how much a difference it makes. Had to buy new jeans for the first time in awhile.

ISiddiqui 08-03-2010 08:40 AM

Nice! Buying new clothes because you've shrunk are some of the best purchases in the world.

JediKooter 08-03-2010 10:58 AM

Excellent RainMaker!

Mustang 08-03-2010 11:25 AM

Drives me absolutely nuts when there is a programming issue and our business side asks me 'what is the program doing?' without telling me what it should be doing from a business standpoint. Almost all of the time, I come back and tell them the results that are coming out are because of how the program is designed.. now what do you want? I swear they just use it as a stall tactic for the customers 'Oh, programming is looking at it'

Poli 08-03-2010 11:32 AM

Pet peeve: People that throw toss their cigarette butts out of their cars onto the road. I don't know when this started getting on my nerves. It may date back to 2006 and seeing the insane amount of trash and garbage that littered the roadside in Africa.

I don't go nuts when I see it, but I hate it just the same.

DataKing 08-03-2010 03:16 PM

Don't mess with the bull young man. You'll get the horns.

Cringer 08-03-2010 03:22 PM

I am thinking that having my laptop hooked up to a 47" TV to use as a monitor may not be such a great idea. Sitting 18"-24" away from the screen may burn my eyes into nothingness...then my brain.