Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf: XIV Spawn (GAME OVER! Please give feedback) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=42122)

jeff061 09-09-2005 12:18 PM

Real's thinking appears pretty sound to me. Nice digging.

hoopsguy 09-09-2005 12:19 PM

RD, can you include some post #s with that to help the rest of us who want to look at these without re-reading 1,000 posts? That would be very helpful - hard to dig too deeply when at work (at a client site). Thanks for the help. The argument you lay out here is pretty compelling, but I would like the opportunity to read the posts that helped you come to these conclusions.

saldana 09-09-2005 12:20 PM

did i miss a scan or anything...i will be waiting to vote until i at least hear from vince today. i agree schmidty deserves some suspicion based on his voting record (i voted for him the night marc was killed), but i will still wait for the doc to decide who he is scanning today.

RealDeal 09-09-2005 12:23 PM

I'm not going to go through the whole thing again to get post #'s, but I do list post 826 as one by Schmidty that didn't make a lot of sense. Nothing else that Schmidty says is damning in itself, but the timing just seems like someone trying to play it as smoothly as they can: trying to steer the voting to someone other than Dubb, then voting for Dubb when it's clear that he's a goner.

Schmidty originally voted for Dubb, then unvoted when it was pointed out that Vince was exhausted, then revoted for Dubb late in the game.

I could be wrong; this is just a best guess. I've used my secret power and don't have anything else to offer like I did on the last vote.

Lathum 09-09-2005 12:33 PM

I'm open to be scanned if that is what you all think is best..

jeff061 09-09-2005 12:40 PM

I'm on board with a Schmidty scan.

RealDeal 09-09-2005 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff061
I'm on board with a Schmidty scan.

me too

Barkeep49 09-09-2005 12:54 PM

Ok it seems as though the sentiment is to end the cycle today. This means two things:

1. I will guarentee all actions recieved by 4:15 will be processed before I go. I will try and do any that come after that but no promises.

2. I am going to be strict about the deadline today. I have let a couple of actions that came in at 9:02 be processed, but will not be doing so today.

saldana 09-09-2005 12:59 PM

barkeep, if the day cycle ends today at 9, when does the night cycle begin/end?

hoopsguy 09-09-2005 01:00 PM

If we are going this route, then we need some movement on scans + voting earlier rather than later.

hoopsguy 09-09-2005 01:01 PM

Never mind - misread. Sounds like normal deadline, just won't see results from day activities after 4:15. Still would like to get scans in by then. Hopefully Vince comes on sometime soon to participate in the conversation.

KWhit 09-09-2005 01:02 PM

I'd like to see a scan of Schmidty. Maybe Fouts too or Blade. (This is not an order or official request, just saying....)

:)

RealDeal 09-09-2005 01:09 PM

I think I'm going to promote Penny to medic. I'm fairly comfortable he is a good guy, and I don't think promoting will do much harm even if he's not.

Does anyone disagree with this?

Poli 09-09-2005 01:17 PM

Have at it.

pennywisesb 09-09-2005 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealDeal
I think I'm going to promote Penny to medic. I'm fairly comfortable he is a good guy, and I don't think promoting will do much harm even if he's not.

Does anyone disagree with this?

I would hope at this point people would realize I wasn't a spawn. And a promotion to medic would be greatly appreciated.

RealDeal 09-09-2005 01:21 PM

It's done, penny. I picked out the cutest white skirt and blouse for you.

Barkeep49 09-09-2005 01:26 PM

The ship is called to attention. The Second Officer, RealDeal is pleased to announce that based on his merits and distinguished duty, pennywisesb has been promoted to medic.

kingfc22 09-09-2005 01:38 PM

:(

KWhit 09-09-2005 01:41 PM

Good choice. Penny is high on my list of trusted crewmates.

Schmidty 09-09-2005 01:45 PM

I just woke up. I'm a suspect yet again? You guys, especially RealDeal, are overthinking.

Please do a scan on me ASAP, so we can stop wasting time, and find the actual spawn.

jeff061 09-09-2005 01:48 PM

When there is nothing obvious to go on, "thinking" is generally a okay course of action. If you are clean you got nothing to worry about, so lay back and await the scanning ;).

Schmidty 09-09-2005 01:51 PM

Quote:

When there is nothing obvious to go on, "thinking" is generally a okay course of action. If you are clean you got nothing to worry about, so lay back and await the scanning ;).

Legs open and waiting. :)

Raiders Army 09-09-2005 01:59 PM

mmmmm....beer.

pennywisesb 09-09-2005 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealDeal
It's done, penny. I picked out the cutest white skirt and blouse for you.

Thankyou. I've been waiting for an opportunity to wear that white skirt buster ;)

pennywisesb 09-09-2005 02:00 PM

Now, can I get a quick description of what I can and cannot do as a medic?

Lathum 09-09-2005 02:01 PM

OK, I have to go to work so I won't be able to vote since I would rather wait for the scan results then vote blindly.

OK, I have to go to work so I won't be able to vote since I would rather wait for the scan results then vote blindly.

pennywisesb 09-09-2005 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum

Thankyou X 3

Fouts 09-09-2005 02:06 PM

Ok, here's what I found out last night. I followed King around because I was suspicious of him due to the brig setup. I noticed he was spying too, but then he was attacked and stabbed multiple times. I must be one shitty security guy because I never saw who did it. Makes me think Barkeep doesn't want me to find out who the last (?) spawn is, which is pretty cheesy.

Please scan me, unless you want to waste time debating whether I'm a spawn.

And for the record, I did not defend Dubb. I just thought everything about Vince seemed very fishy. Now I know better.

jeff061 09-09-2005 02:09 PM

We get two scans right? I wouldn't mind seeing one go to Kwhit. These guys that are TOO clean make me nervous, call it Fozziephobia.

Barkeep49 09-09-2005 02:11 PM

As the ship proceeds on its way home, Sndvls posts the latest group to recieve phasers: Sndvls, hoops, blade, and Passacagalia.

Schmidty 09-09-2005 02:12 PM

I suggest that we start thinking of other people, as you'll shortly realize that I'm not a spawn once Vince (or whoever) scans me. I'd prefer that Vince scans me, as he is one of the only survivors we know is clean.

Schmidty 09-09-2005 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49
As the ship proceeds on its way home, Sndvls posts the latest group to recieve phasers: Sndvls, hoops, blade, and Passacagalia.

So now I'm deprived of a phasers? What bullshit. Guess I won't be able to guard anything tonight. Nice one Sndvls.

Fouts 09-09-2005 02:13 PM

Oh, and in case this means something - I followed him to the area near the Water Plant. I'm not sure if this is a clue.

Fouts 09-09-2005 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty
So now I'm deprived of a phasers? What bullshit. Guess I won't be able to guard anything tonight. Nice one Sndvls.

Yeah, I'm not on that list either. I suppose I'll be sleeping tonight.

Schmidty 09-09-2005 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fouts
Oh, and in case this means something - I followed him to the area near the Water Plant. I'm not sure if this is a clue.

You followed king to the plant? Isn't there a vigilante role as well in this game?

SnDvls 09-09-2005 02:16 PM

Quote:

you can still guard, just without a phaser. It's a hint to rest tonight or guard without one.

jeff061 09-09-2005 02:16 PM

Quote:

Vigilante May attack one player during the night cycle once per game (see Attack below) with a 10% increased chance of success over a normal attack. The chance of success is increased if the Vigilante has a phaser.

saldana 09-09-2005 02:17 PM

i will be out for the next couple hours, probably be back in around 6

SnDvls 09-09-2005 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fouts
Yeah, I'm not on that list either. I suppose I'll be sleeping tonight.

again you can protect with out one....read the rules. Or you can sleep.

SnDvls 09-09-2005 02:19 PM

Security Crewman (1 AP per cycle)
Protect Night Only May choose to protect a person or location against attack. If there is an attack on that person/place the attack will occur between the Security Crewman and the attacker(s). If the Security Crewman is armed with a phaser he will receive an additional bonus. Protect has a much smaller positive effect against a Spawn Attack. What/who was protected will not be revealed until the next day cycle. 1 AP

here it is FYI

Fouts 09-09-2005 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnDvls
Protect Night Only May choose to protect a person or location against attack. If there is an attack on that person/place the attack will occur between the Security Crewman and the attacker(s). If the Security Crewman is armed with a phaser he will receive an additional bonus. Protect has a much smaller positive effect against a Spawn Attack. What/who was protected will not be revealed until the next day cycle. 1 AP

here it is FYI

Yeah, I know the rule. I choose not to protect without a phaser. The guy has just as much of a chance as I would (less phaser). You obviously don't want Schmidty and I protecting anyone. Makes me wonder.

Schmidty 09-09-2005 02:22 PM

Quote:

here it is FYI

Ok, maybe it's just a pride thing, but I feel like a rent-a-cop without my phaser. :)

SnDvls 09-09-2005 02:25 PM

too many people have questions about both of you and I'm not going to give a suspected spawn a phaser to help in their attack against us.

Fouts 09-09-2005 02:26 PM

Quote:

too many people have questions about both of you and I'm not going to give a suspected spawn a phaser to help in their attack against us.

How about you scan us first, then hand out phasers?

KWhit 09-09-2005 02:26 PM

Quote:

We get two scans right? I wouldn't mind seeing one go to Kwhit. These guys that are TOO clean make me nervous, call it Fozziephobia.

I'm as clean as they get.

Schmidty 09-09-2005 02:27 PM

Since I'm the only one with a vote so far today, I demand to be the first scanned.

hoopsguy 09-09-2005 02:29 PM

Do phasers aid an attacking spawn?

Fouts 09-09-2005 02:29 PM

Quote:

Since I'm the only one with a vote so far today, I demand to be the first scanned.

Nope, blade voted for me. I find this interesting since I followed his lead in suspecting Vince.