Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf: The Rebirth (Game Over! Thank you for playing) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=89879)

DanGarion 02-20-2015 12:58 AM

I'm getting bored just sitting around waiting for work. I'm going to head out to the Home Depot parking lot looking for work.

Suicane75 02-20-2015 01:03 AM

We don't have any lawns here yet.

Raven 02-20-2015 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanGarion (Post 3002357)
I'm getting bored just sitting around waiting for work. I'm going to head out to the Home Depot parking lot looking for work.

Agreed. It feels like if you aren't a scientist or engineer, your role in this game is limited. Based on EF's last post, that seems to be the direction this is going in. If I had known my role would be so restricted, I wouldn't have signed up and wouldn't be investing as much time in this.

Narcizo 02-20-2015 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 3002360)
Agreed. It feels like if you aren't a scientist or engineer, your role in this game is limited. Based on EF's last post, that seems to be the direction this is going in. If I had known my role would be so restricted, I wouldn't have signed up and wouldn't be investing as much time in this.

Chill out. There's going to be plenty more to think about. It's not like I suddenly have a mass of options available to me. I get to ask people what they think we should be researching and then get to PM Eagle about it. But hey, I think this post makes it unlikely that you're the saboteur so that's a plus. Or you're a very cunning one.

EagleFan 02-20-2015 01:18 AM

Quote:

There are vanilla villagers in every WW game. Stick with it, things can change quickly in these games.

EagleFan 02-20-2015 01:23 AM

Added an item which is now in play to the item list. The passenger manifest.

Narcizo 02-20-2015 01:27 AM

I'll post all this without looking at the actual facts to start with.

My theory is that
a) The saboteur at the start would try to avoid the spotlight. I can't see them making a strong case for themselves to be a leader. They might put themselves forward but wouldn't want to push it too hard.
b) They would probably be reticent about offering up information about themselves until they had a handle on what information other people had been given.
c) I doubt they would claim to be top tier in any skill, even if they are, as that would put them at risk of being committed to a task which might impede their nefarious business. But I think that one is a bit more of an assumption.
d) Similarly I doubt the sabotuer would push hard to to be put on any project as that would be likely to impede their chances of skullduggery.
e) Almost certainly isn't Chief, unless there's already been a conversion and he got himself beaten up to gain trust. Not something I put past Chief to be honest. Under these circumstances I can see Chief being a convertee but not the original saboteur.

Narcizo 02-20-2015 01:32 AM

So now I get to wade through swathes, nay, savannahs of Crimson's nonsense to see who matches with what.

Narcizo 02-20-2015 02:43 AM

a) Autumn, Grover, Zinto, Shoveler, timmae, thomkal, Chief, fonti, Saldana, Dangarion
b) Autumn, Grover, Zinto, Shoveler, timmae, thomkal, fonti, Raven
c) I've gone off this idea because the list was too damn long.
d) Ntndeacon (offered to work on Schmidty), Grover (offered to build Biodome), Narc (kinda pushed to be on Science project), GE (wanted in on science project).

Gives
3) The Jackal
4) britrock88
5) Suicane75
12) JAG
17) Danny
21) SharkN20
22) CrimsonFox

Drop Danny for meta-reason and that's a pretty decent little list. Given the weakness of D I think you could probably add NTN, GE and myself to the list.

Narcizo 02-20-2015 02:55 AM

Obviously that list is very subjective but it helps focus me so there. :p

I think it's important to differentiate between people's legitimate personal goals and the stowaway's goals. People may well have goals that might not be in the best interests of the entire community but they still want the community to survive. I'm presuming that the stowaway doesn't want the community to survive. So somebody sabotaging the commuications isn't any sort of indication that they are the stowaway that's an action that is probably conduicive to a personal goal. The person killing Schmidty on the other hand probably is the stowaway or aligned with the stowaway.

So I don't find, for example, DanGarion's wish to become leader but reticience about his background as particularly indicative of him being the stowaway (quite the opposite in fact). It doesn't mean I always expect to act solely for the benefit of the colony at all times but I don't expect him to try and destroy it.

Narcizo 02-20-2015 03:01 AM

Regarding Chief and Danny I would say that it is vital that the primary work is put in on Chief. He is one of our best medics so we need him fit and ready to help mend others. Danny brought his condition on himself to some extent so I think he will have to wait.

The increase in injuries makes me wonder if we should try to rush the medical center through (even if that didn't work with government yesterday). But I am concerned that the lack of supplies is going to start really hurting all of us if we drag it out more days. Unless there's clear signs that the Biodome is going to alleviate that problem during the day then I think we have to concentrate on supplies.

Narcizo 02-20-2015 03:01 AM

Vote Build Medical Facility
Collect Supplies

Narcizo 02-20-2015 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 3002336)

Narcizo, Sharkn20 and timmae may decide:
1) Research (offensive, defensive, medical, agricultural)

Do we three vote on that in thread or do we PM you privately?

Narcizo 02-20-2015 03:11 AM

What do people think we should be researching?

My feeling is that medical won't help much until we have a medical center. As we don't know what advantages the biodome provides it's difficult to know how much we need agricultural improvements. Ditto offensive research when we don't know who/what we want to attack. Or defend against for that matter. But if we get some weapons sorted (attack research) then we could feel more confident about sending people out to explore the crashsite or the other ship. But if whoever it is knows about us then having defence is going to keep us all safe.

I guess it depends on how long the research will take to reap any benefits. If its going to take days then it might be worthwhile researching medical stuff.

EagleFan 02-20-2015 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcizo (Post 3002371)

Sorry, in thread with the leader pm'ing me their final decision.

EagleFan 02-20-2015 03:47 AM

Research will yield in one day, unless their is something that causes it to be delayed.

JAG 02-20-2015 03:47 AM

Narc, while I get your list is preliminary above, I think it's s decent place to begin.

For completing the government building today, I would consider going with the people that successfully completed the biodome earlier (I think it was myself and two engineers).

We don't have an option to gather supplies today, only explore or build/fix. With medical personnel down to 2.5, I think now is the time to get that building up.

Research is tough as they're all tempting to me. Again I might prioritize medical in hopes we can give more help to the medical staff. Defense might be a good option also as it could indirectly help the doctors while potentially allowing us to protect our facilities as well. Agricultural I'm guessing might give a health bonus to all when completed. For exploration, with all the ominous messages we've been getting, prior to exploring it would be handy to have something there.

Engineering design stuff looks pretty cool too. I think an improved generator would be a good place to start as we'll probably need extra capacity to make use of the places the researchers determine.

JAG 02-20-2015 03:51 AM

Quote:

It's still early. We started prioritizing research and need engineers to start the colony building process, and people getting hurt requires our doctors. When we start exploring and when the government building is up, there are likely going to be more roles for those with social / physical backgrounds.

JAG 02-20-2015 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 3002301)
your wife?

I actually missed that before. :) My autocorrect is a mess, that won't be the only one, and I don't even know what I wanted to say. I had to fix my above post from 'nerd engineers' to 'need engineers'.

JAG 02-20-2015 03:58 AM

Vote next project
Vote medical

CrimsonFox 02-20-2015 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 3002377)
I actually missed that before. :) My autocorrect is a mess, that won't be the only one, and I don't even know what I wanted to say. I had to fix my above post from 'nerd engineers' to 'need engineers'.

right the first time

CrimsonFox 02-20-2015 05:48 AM

vote canhazcheezburgerz

Grover 02-20-2015 06:53 AM

I'd like to know what everyone thinks our engineering project should be.

Grover 02-20-2015 06:55 AM

VOTE: Repair Communications
VOTE: Next Project

Sharkn20 02-20-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcizo (Post 3002371)

Under my experience is better to build a strong defence first! So it would be my vote Boss :)

Sharkn20 02-20-2015 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcizo (Post 3002367)
a) Autumn, Grover, Zinto, Shoveler, timmae, thomkal, Chief, fonti, Saldana, Dangarion
b) Autumn, Grover, Zinto, Shoveler, timmae, thomkal, fonti, Raven
c) I've gone off this idea because the list was too damn long.
d) Ntndeacon (offered to work on Schmidty), Grover (offered to build Biodome), Narc (kinda pushed to be on Science project), GE (wanted in on science project).

Gives
3) The Jackal
4) britrock88
5) Suicane75
12) JAG
17) Danny
21) SharkN20
22) CrimsonFox

Drop Danny for meta-reason and that's a pretty decent little list. Given the weakness of D I think you could probably add NTN, GE and myself to the list.

Is hard to hurt somebody with awful physical strength man :)

GoldenEagle 02-20-2015 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontisian (Post 3002340)
Can you explain why you wanted to be on research?

I have already stated that. I am simply the best that this group has to offer at science and research. I should be in the research center.

Can we vote to change the leader at some point?

Grover 02-20-2015 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenEagle (Post 3002394)
I have already stated that. I am simply the best that this group has to offer at science and research. I should be in the research center.

But why did you want to be an engineer first?

I find it interesting that you've essentially claimed to be the best at both.

timmae 02-20-2015 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenEagle (Post 3002394)

Golden.... I think your hesitancy to provide your back story hurt you a bit... it's not to say that you won't earn that trust but it affected the outcome.

timmae 02-20-2015 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 3002364)
Added an item which is now in play to the item list. The passenger manifest.

This will help sort through things... I assume Font will provide additional details on the contents. We should track this as an open item until we know more...

Raven, while you don't have a lead role at this point there are any number of items you can help assist with. Narc's list of "suspects" is a great example. Pick a task, thought, or set of variables and have fun with them. These items need some overview in my mind;

List of open items
List of colonists and which tasks they are on
List of ongoing "incidents" and who was affected
Etc.

timmae 02-20-2015 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 3002336)
Narcizo, Sharkn20 and timmae may decide:
1) Research (offensive, defensive, medical, agricultural)[/color]

Looking for everyone's input on these items. My initial thoughts:

Offensive - Not needed yet. We don't even have our colony in order much less going up against someone else's colony. Could be a long term value if we start now but with so many other things happening is it worth it.

Defensive - This could be worthwhile. If the other landing party is a threat they could come after us.

EF, can you verify the size of the ship compared to us?

Medical - With Chief being injured this could be a huge time save for anyone who is injured. I also suspect that those of us that are weaker than the others will be affected by health issues more than the others. This could be good or bad depending what side of the fence you are on.

Agricultural - This would help food production but how much of a need is there with the biodome up and running? We'll see soon. This could be a quick 1 day turnaround if we need to improve food rations. Less of a priority in my mind.

Please discuss. Looking for others' thoughts on this.

Grover 02-20-2015 08:51 AM

So our next engineering project... looking for feedback.

Choices:
Improve Communications - I am for this, but I think we need to fix communications before this becomes an option. That's why my choice for next job is to fix communications. We need an uplink with Earth again.

Improved Generator - Better power supply, could be very useful since we have more and more systems going.

Improved Science Center - Another good option, but do we need to upgrade right away?

_________

Some other thoughts: We need to keep Chief alive to see if he has any idea who may have done this to him. It could provide a clue to the stowaway or Schmidty's killer.

timmae 02-20-2015 09:03 AM

Engineering thoughts...

Communications could be key... knowledge of what we are up against, what can be done, any surrounding events, etc from earth. Also colonists history and possible feedback on stowaway. This is my #1 choice.

Generator - Could be good but not a need item at this point.

Science Center - I would love this to happen but again not a need item at this point.

Grover 02-20-2015 09:14 AM

timmae - as far as your research projects go, I think defense should be the top priority. We need to protect ourselves before we go out on the offensive and leave the base vulnerable.

this is starting to feel like X-Com. I like that.

Sharkn20 02-20-2015 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmae (Post 3002409)
Looking for everyone's input on these items. My initial thoughts:

Offensive - Not needed yet. We don't even have our colony in order much less going up against someone else's colony. Could be a long term value if we start now but with so many other things happening is it worth it.

Defensive - This could be worthwhile. If the other landing party is a threat they could come after us.

EF, can you verify the size of the ship compared to us?

Medical - With Chief being injured this could be a huge time save for anyone who is injured. I also suspect that those of us that are weaker than the others will be affected by health issues more than the others. This could be good or bad depending what side of the fence you are on.

Agricultural - This would help food production but how much of a need is there with the biodome up and running? We'll see soon. This could be a quick 1 day turnaround if we need to improve food rations. Less of a priority in my mind.

Please discuss. Looking for others' thoughts on this.

I would like to start with the defensive, man.

DanGarion 02-20-2015 09:21 AM

I highly suggest DEFENSE.

DanGarion 02-20-2015 09:23 AM

Vote Next Project - Medical Facility
Vote Action - Next Project

timmae 02-20-2015 09:29 AM

Vote Next Project - Medical Facility
Vote Action - Next Project

timmae 02-20-2015 09:49 AM

Are we starting to spread the troops thin? Between the landing craft, biodome, research center, treating injuries, guarding solar collectors (are we doing this??) and other stuff (death being the ultimate drain) I am very confused/concerned about labor resources. Can someone track this as we are going? Is this a concern for the group? I am most paranoid about voting for action items that will further drain the staff we have available.

Grover 02-20-2015 09:55 AM

We have three guys in the research center, I know that.

I know myself, Jackal and saldana helped BUILD the Biodome, but are we effectively still working in it? Is anybody working it?

timmae 02-20-2015 10:03 AM

The build may be over... do we have to staff it then? I assume so.. unless you engineers developed a robot to handle our tasks (get started if not!), lol..

timmae 02-20-2015 10:10 AM

Fontisian (LEADER)SOCIAL (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GOOD), MEDICAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD), college history professor
DanGarionSOCIAL (GREAT) PHYSICAL (GOOD) MEDICAL (BELOW AVERAGE), ENGINEERING (BELOW AVERAGE), SCIENTIFIC (AWFUL) lead large group of succ. people. "well liked", Democratic
Zinto - CEO
Suicane - PHYSICAL (GOOD), retired politician with history of public service
CrimsonfoxSOCIAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD?) , SCIENTIFIC (BELOW AVERAGE) , automechanic,
timmae (PRIMARY SCIENTIST)SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), ENGINEERING (GOOD), PHYSICAL (AWFUL) studied science his whole life, "engineering type"
RavenSCIENTIFIC (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD) farmer. strong science background.
NarcizoSCIENTIFIC (GREAT), SOCIAL (OK), MEDICAL (OK) PHYSICAL (BELOW AVERAGE) chemist. bit of experience running small scale facility
SharkN20, SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD) ENGINEERING (BELOW AVERAGE), PHYSICAL (AWFUL), professional gamer that used my life to develop your skills
GoldenEagleSCIENTIFIC (GREAT), ENGINEERING (GREAT)computer programmer, proposes deep analysis for scientific purposes
AutumnMEDICAL (GREAT) doctor and chief of staff at Boston general
Chief Rum (PRIMARY DOCTOR)MEDICAL (GREAT), ENGINEERING (AWFUL) worked in ER
ntndeaconMEDICAL (GREAT), ENGINEERING (BAD) EMT, but not a doctor
bitrockPHYSICAL (GREAT) SOCIAL (GOOD) ENGINEERING (AWFUL) police officer. record isn't perfect, and physical capability can sometimes cloud higher-order processes.
thomkal (SHERRIFF)SOCIAL (GREAT), PHYSICAL (GREAT), MEDICAL (LOW), ENGINEERING (BELOW AVERAGE), SCIENTIFIC (BELOW AVERAGE)retired Army general. primary concerns safety
shoveler - Private investigator
JAGPHYSICAL (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD), highschool football coach. experience leading and training
JackalENGINEERING (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GOOD), PHYSICAL (BELOW AVERAGE) MIT Prof of Engineering
Grover (PRIMARY ENGINEER)ENGINEERING (GOOD), SCIENTIFIC(GOOD), PHYSICAL (AVERAGE) 2 yrs as engineer on ISS. prof. astronaut, enginer and scientist by trade. leader of ISS mission. has lived in space
saldanaENGINEERING (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD), pHYSICAL (AVERAGE), MEDICAL (BAD), SCIENTIFIC (BAD) city planner
Danny ENGINEERING (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), MEDICAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (BELOW AVERAGE), SOCIAL (BAD)
Schmidty

Staffing:
Research Center - Timmae, Narcizo, SharkN20
Biodome - Need to staff?
Doctors (treating others) -
Government Building construction - Need 3 resources to complete for Day 4 benefit
Medical Facility Construction (if approved Action) - Build crew
Medical (need to be treated) - Chief Rum (serious, no action), Danny (critical, no action)

timmae 02-20-2015 10:11 AM

I guess I should remove schmidty. Poor guy...

timmae 02-20-2015 10:13 AM

Do we need to promote a new primary doctor until Chief gets better?

Grover 02-20-2015 10:15 AM

Feel like EF would tell us when it needs to be staffed

GoldenEagle 02-20-2015 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 3002276)
Wasn't GoldenEagle asking to be part of the Research Staff for some secret project?

FYI I never mentioned any sort of secret project. All I was saying that I am the best at the combination of science and engineering. That is why I should have been appointed primary engineer and why should have without a doubt been sent to the research center.

GoldenEagle 02-20-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 3002293)
I wouldn't do that font, we don't know how good GE's science is, on the master table he's listed as good(?) while others are "great".

This master list is complete reliant on what people say their skills are. Some could be completely making it up to better server their purpose. I realize this is a pot meet kettle situation, but I have the background as a computer programmer.

GoldenEagle 02-20-2015 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grover (Post 3002302)
I also find it interesting that Eagle was going for the Engineer spot originally while claiming he's better in Science.

I explained this. This is mars. We need science through engineering to determine what works best on a planet that we have no clue what we are doing on.

Grover 02-20-2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenEagle (Post 3002445)
but I have the background as a computer programmer.

So you could be a Microsoft employee or an amateur hacker.

GoldenEagle 02-20-2015 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmae (Post 3002405)
Golden.... I think your hesitancy to provide your back story hurt you a bit... it's not to say that you won't earn that trust but it affected the outcome.

I don't want to get to deep into my background. I already feel like I have made myself target. We all have our reasons for going to Mars. I don't see anyone else divulging that information.