Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf: The Rebirth (Game Over! Thank you for playing) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=89879)

timmae 02-20-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenEagle (Post 3002450)
I don't want to get to deep into my background. I already feel like I have made myself target. We all have our reasons for going to Mars. I don't see anyone else divulging that information.

GE, while I understand the answer and your position just be aware that the answer in and of itself may dictate certain precautions by the group. I do applaud you for being honest about what you can provide rather than making up a tall tale.

Grover 02-20-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenEagle (Post 3002450)
I don't want to get to deep into my background. I already feel like I have made myself target. We all have our reasons for going to Mars. I don't see anyone else divulging that information.

Which makes it seem like you have something to hide.

Yes, I'm sure all of us have something to hide, but you've been so incredibly sparse with what you do that you make yourself that much more suspicious. That may be why anybody (or Font) is hesitant to put you on an important job.

The Jackal 02-20-2015 10:47 AM

vote next project
vote medical center

The Jackal 02-20-2015 10:49 AM

I'd definitely lean towards defense for research

As far as the engineering task goes, I'd think a generator would be pretty useful. I do wonder if focusing on communications would give people the ability to PM, or perhaps would potentially open up EF to share more info in terms of messages from earth or overhearing communications or some such.

Grover 02-20-2015 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 3002457)
I'd definitely lean towards defense for research

As far as the engineering task goes, I'd think a generator would be pretty useful. I do wonder if focusing on communications would give people the ability to PM, or perhaps would potentially open up EF to share more info in terms of messages from earth or overhearing communications or some such.

Agreed. Though in terms of communications, I'm wondering would it be wiser to repair our broken down communications before attempting to enhance what we can't use.

Grover 02-20-2015 10:51 AM

Also, Jackal, would you be willing to work on the generators project if that's the direction I choose for us to go in?

The Jackal 02-20-2015 10:51 AM

Improved generator, that is. I think the upgraded science center would be a luxury this early when we've still got communications to worry about as well as supporting vital life functions and structures via the generator.

The Jackal 02-20-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grover (Post 3002458)
Agreed. Though in terms of communications, I'm wondering would it be wiser to repair our broken down communications before attempting to enhance what we can't use.

That's a fair thought - would suck to choose that as the improvement and then have it not work if the communications aren't repaired first.

The Jackal 02-20-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grover (Post 3002459)
Also, Jackal, would you be willing to work on the generators project if that's the direction I choose for us to go in?

Yes

The Jackal 02-20-2015 10:57 AM

To me, while I do think communications are important, we're working with more of a known impact for medical (keeping us alive, relevant to the health stat, could allow medical personnel to choose focuses). With communications we expect there to be benefits for completing a project but we don't really know what they'd be.

Zinto 02-20-2015 11:05 AM

Grover is your communications option to fix them when you upgrade them?

Zinto 02-20-2015 11:06 AM

We probably need to get our medical facility up and running because it seems more and more of us are going to face some unfortunate "accidents" going forward.

Shoveler 02-20-2015 11:08 AM

Vote: Next Project - Medical Facility

Zinto 02-20-2015 11:12 AM

With Danny being MIA we probably need to pour our medical resources into Chief Rum and try to get him better.

Shoveler 02-20-2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 3002473)
With Danny being MIA we probably need to pour our medical resources into Chief Rum and try to get him better.

I concur, but even when we did that to schmidty we lost him to a murderer. So he needs to be protected if that is possible.

Grover 02-20-2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 3002470)
Grover is your communications option to fix them when you upgrade them?

I have not received any information that would lead me to believe that is the case.

Zinto 02-20-2015 11:17 AM

We should try to group three people onto Chief. I see the options for doctor looking something like this:

1. Autumn, NTN and another person work on Chief or Danny while letting the other be healed by less accomplished doctors
2. We split up Autumn and NTN and send two others on Danny or Chief

Shoveler 02-20-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 3002477)
We should try to group three people onto Chief. I see the options for doctor looking something like this:

1. Autumn, NTN and another person work on Chief or Danny while letting the other be healed by less accomplished doctors
2. We split up Autumn and NTN and send two others on Danny or Chief

Well unless you want to let Danny die he will need someone proficient on him, he was the one in critical condition.

I would agree that we should put more medical resources on CR however, given that danny is MIA.

Zinto 02-20-2015 11:19 AM

Accidentally hit post on that one :(

3. We put Autumn and NTN on Danny or Chief and leave the other hurt
4. We put Autumn and NTN on Danny or Chief and put a couple of less accomplished doctors on the other

I am leaning towards option one and putting two other people on Danny to try and keep him from critical condition.

Zinto 02-20-2015 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoveler (Post 3002478)
Well unless you want to let Danny die he will need someone proficient on him, he was the one in critical condition.

I would agree that we should put more medical resources on CR however, given that danny is MIA.

Good point. I didn't look back at their health situations. I still think we need to put most of our resources on CR.

JAG 02-20-2015 11:24 AM

Not sure if anyone has time, but would be interesting to look at the people who were constructing D0, D1, and D2. D0 and D2, we got within three units of putting the building together, D1, we managed to complete the full building in a day. Could be lots of reasons for it, but it might give us insight as to who we should place on building stuff if possible.

Grover 02-20-2015 11:25 AM

Appoint Jackal on engineering work to improve generators

Zinto 02-20-2015 11:26 AM

Hypothetically the job distribution could look something like:

Finish the government building: Britrock, JAG, Suicane
Help Chief: Autumn, NTN
Help Danny: Zinto, Font, ?
Do the task we decide for the day: The remaining people

JAG 02-20-2015 11:27 AM

Well, if Danny doesn't show up, I assume he's going to be killed off and it's moot. If he does, then yeah, that might be an idea Zinto. Do we have anyone else with at least adequate medical skills?

Thomkal 02-20-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenEagle (Post 3002444)
FYI I never mentioned any sort of secret project. All I was saying that I am the best at the combination of science and engineering. That is why I should have been appointed primary engineer and why should have without a doubt been sent to the research center.

I will look back to see where I got this from, but my apologies if I was incorrect.

Raven 02-20-2015 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 3002355)
This is suspicious considering the action we voted on was to expedite the "next project" process. If we had assigned people to do the construction, and they were inadequate, I could see this as a possibility, but that wasn't the case.
Since Chief was attacked, I doubt our stowaway had 2 actions tonight. I'm wondering if someone else has been compromised and they are responsible for this delay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 3002374)
Research will yield in one day, unless their is something that causes it to be delayed.

The Government building being delayed remains suspicious to me. We expedited the building process and it still did not get completed. Maybe we just got bad dice rolls, or maybe there is someone delaying the construction of that building...

timmae 02-20-2015 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 3002490)
Well, if Danny doesn't show up, I assume he's going to be killed off and it's moot. If he does, then yeah, that might be an idea Zinto. Do we have anyone else with at least adequate medical skills?

Thom and DG seem to have some ability (albeit below average). Font could be another but how does that affect her leadership status? Maybe it doesn't..

I would recommend putting our most valuable resources on Chief. Without him we have an even worse go of it medically. I would recommend the following:

Help Chief: Autumn, NTN, Font
Help Danny: Zinto, Thomkal, Dan Garion
Research Center - Timmae, Narcizo, SharkN20
Do the task we decide for the day: rest

Thomkal 02-20-2015 11:36 AM

Just a quick check in here-I will comment on Grover's and Timmae's questions later.

Raven-I'm sorry you haven't been given the chance to do much yet, but I ask that you do not give in to attempts to recruit you or agree to do things that would harm the colony and/or its members just so you can be "doing things". Especially if it would be against your characters goals here to do so.

timmae 02-20-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 3002493)
The Government building being delayed remains suspicious to me. We expedited the building process and it still did not get completed. Maybe we just got bad dice rolls, or maybe there is someone delaying the construction of that building...

Could be something we need to worry about but my take was that it is because of the production we were able to throw at it. With people dying, off doing other things, caring for injured, etc. the production value isn't there. Again, just a hunch.

Do we have a possible timeline of what the Stowaway has done thus far?

I am away most of the afternoon and evening but will check back in sporadically. Unfortunately I will not be in a position to review past posts much so it will just be real time thoughts.

Thomkal 02-20-2015 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmae (Post 3002494)
Thom and DG seem to have some ability (albeit below average). Font could be another but how does that affect her leadership status? Maybe it doesn't..

I would recommend putting our most valuable resources on Chief. Without him we have an even worse go of it medically. I would recommend the following:

Help Chief: Autumn, NTN, Font
Help Danny: Zinto, Thomkal, Dan Garion
Research Center - Timmae, Narcizo, SharkN20
Do the task we decide for the day: rest

Unfortunately as much as I would like to help Danny with my pitiful Medical skill, I cannot do so tonight.

Thomkal 02-20-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 3002493)

I agree with you on this-could you perhaps look into the voting records and comments about the govt being created to see who has been consistently against it? Very likely our stowaway/others working against the colony being built will have voted against it/openly spoke about promoting other areas over the creation of the govt. Thanks if you can do this for us.

Narcizo 02-20-2015 11:49 AM

I'm not convinved that we need defence straightaway. I'm thinking that we load up on offence so that we can send out scouts without them being sitting-ducks. Then while they're off scouting we up the defence to deal with anything they might upset while they're off scouting. Just my feeling though so I'm happy to do along with the general consensus if it leans to defence.

timmae 02-20-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 3002497)
Unfortunately as much as I would like to help Danny with my pitiful Medical skill, I cannot do so tonight.

What... is it date night with an extra-terrestrial you recently met?! What do you have going on Mars that you can't help ole' Danny boy out?! Please tell more... :)

Narcizo 02-20-2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 3002499)
I agree with you on this-could you perhaps look into the voting records and comments about the govt being created to see who has been consistently against it? Very likely our stowaway/others working against the colony being built will have voted against it/openly spoke about promoting other areas over the creation of the govt. Thanks if you can do this for us.

The problem with that is that, I imagine, it falls foul of a lot of people personal objectives. Anyone who had/has an aim to build a different facility will have been opposed to it. There's the risk of mixing personal objectives with the stowaway's objectives. But I agree that it might be interesting.

Shoveler 02-20-2015 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmae (Post 3002503)
What... is it date night with an extra-terrestrial you recently met?! What do you have going on Mars that you can't help ole' Danny boy out?! Please tell more... :)

he has other obligations..

timmae 02-20-2015 11:56 AM

I'd love to see a list of who's doing what and/or who is unaccounted for.

Chief Rum 02-20-2015 11:56 AM

Checking in from the Martian soil in the Biodome (since we haven't built a medical center with hospital beds).

I would like to know why Sheriff Thomkal felt it necessary to interrogate me Jack Bauer style.

Narcizo 02-20-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 3002473)

THIS!

And are people currently putting their faith in the biodome to give us food because I'm starting to worry that three days without food is going to start impacting our abilities pretty drastically (if it hasn't already). I can see a potential exponential increase in the damage being caused as well. Is everyone OK with that?

Narcizo 02-20-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3002507)
Checking in from the Martian soil in the Biodome (since we haven't built a medical center with hospital beds).

I would like to know why Sheriff Thomkal felt it necessary to interrogate me Jack Bauer style.

You're saying that Thomkal was responsible for your current injuries? In which case count me among the interested.

Shoveler 02-20-2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

Probably because we don't have enough water for water-boarding.

Zinto 02-20-2015 12:02 PM

So I assume Thomkal is going to be busy tonight because he is going to be beating up people.

Zinto 02-20-2015 12:03 PM

How many people do you think it would take to heal you up Chief?

Grover 02-20-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Hmmm.

I was wondering if this was a possibility for your injuries.

But is this the truth, or does CR have an ulterior motive for pinning this on Thomkal?

Grover 02-20-2015 12:11 PM

Then again CR did vote for Thomkal. However, Thomkal did not vote for CR as Doctor.

Grover 02-20-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 3002512)
How many people do you think it would take to heal you up Chief?

I like this question. Do we know how many HP a doctor can heal? I would assume Skill Level = X amount of HP healed per day.

GoldenEagle 02-20-2015 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 3002491)
I will look back to see where I got this from, but my apologies if I was incorrect.

I am a bit suspicious of you at this point. You make up some story while you have our leaders attention that prevents the decision making of putting the best scientist/engineer in the research center.

That sounds almost like sabotaging.

Raven 02-20-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grover (Post 3002516)
I like this question. Do we know how many HP a doctor can heal? I would assume Skill Level = X amount of HP healed per day.

Probably more like (x1 + x2 + ...) - (z)
Where the left side is the cumulative effect of all doctors working on him, and the right side (z) is some negative impact of injury. So if not enough doctors are assigned to him, he could get worse (and potentially die).

Grover 02-20-2015 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 3002520)
Probably more like (x1 + x2 + ...) - (z)
Where the left side is the cumulative effect of all doctors working on him, and the right side (z) is some negative impact of injury. So if not enough doctors are assigned to him, he could get worse (and potentially die).

Right. I wasn't thinking it was a straight Doctor A has 10 skill and can heal for 10 health in one day. Obviously this is a dice game here (I assume) and there are modifiers coming into effect.

Autumn 02-20-2015 12:29 PM

I think NTN and I both need to be on Chief for sure. Even with all three? of us on Schmidty he didn't get much better, and I assume that will continue to be the case until we get better supplies and facilities.

Autumn 02-20-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Oh boy.