Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf XXXVIII: Jack The Ripper (GAME OVER! GOOD WINS ON DAY SEVEN) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=54405)

Lathum 11-28-2006 07:34 AM

dola first word should be courtesy

Raiders Army 11-28-2006 07:38 AM

Checking in. I will also be out most of the day (I get home about 5 PM Mountain); couple that with spotty internet coverage at times (damn you Time Warner!) and that may be a reason why I'm quiet. FWIW, my internet is usually spotty in the morning instead of at night.

I look forward to this game! Did anyone else get a PM that said they had 20 gold pieces for a prostitute? Just kidding. :)

Barkeep49 11-28-2006 08:03 AM

I too will be out for most of the day. I plan to check in around 3:30 and cast my vote then. Depending on whether or not I can find a hotspot, I might be around for more of this morning.

ntndeacon 11-28-2006 08:43 AM

I will also be gone most of the day. (til about 9 central) So I will have to make a blind guess at things early on.

SnDvls 11-28-2006 08:52 AM

checking in I'm not a baddie this game. :)

Barkeep49 11-28-2006 08:55 AM

Based on my PM I think there is a lot of information out there already. I hope we can overcome some issues to get it out there somewhat early. Once again I'm preaching my information is better for the villagers than secrecy philosophy.

Izulde 11-28-2006 09:06 AM

Clocking in. I'll be off and on most of the day and will be gone a good portion of the evening due to night class. :)

BrianD 11-28-2006 09:10 AM

I'm here as well. I'll be on most of the day, so I'm up for chatting if people want to bounce ideas around.

Barkeep49 11-28-2006 09:25 AM

Do we think all of the roles are in the game? I would say with a game of this size that the odds are good.

And thanks to a library I should be on for a bit and will likely cast my vote before I leave.

BrianD 11-28-2006 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1318269)
Do we think all of the roles are in the game? I would say with a game of this size that the odds are good.

And thanks to a library I should be on for a bit and will likely cast my vote before I leave.

I would be a little surprised if they were all here. It just seemed like there were so many listed.

Barkeep49 11-28-2006 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianD (Post 1318278)
I would be a little surprised if they were all here. It just seemed like there were so many listed.

Well there are 24 people and many of the roles seem interconnected which is why I thought there might be all of the roles in the game.

BrianD 11-28-2006 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1318289)
Well there are 24 people and many of the roles seem interconnected which is why I thought there might be all of the roles in the game.

It is possible. I was figuring that a few were there to throw us off, but I could be wrong. I guess I just always expect our GMs to be overly devious. :)

Jonathan Ezarik 11-28-2006 10:16 AM

Checking in.

ntndeacon 11-28-2006 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianD (Post 1318299)
It is possible. I was figuring that a few were there to throw us off, but I could be wrong. I guess I just always expect our GMs to be overly devious. :)

I agree. I don't see all of those roles in the game either.

hoopsguy 11-28-2006 10:53 AM

20 players have checked in up to this point. I'll cross-reference this later if it looks like there is an issue with no-shows.

Also, I have seen check-in posts from all the people who are in my initial trust list. I would hope/expect some cross-vouch from these people, if it becomes necessary, at least today as we begin to learn how to interpret information.

Initial trust list = highly unlikely to be Jack

hoopsguy 11-28-2006 10:53 AM

I'm also willing to play the location game if others think this is a way to go. I believe I can contribute towards not just my information, but that of 1+ other players as well.

Mr. Wednesday 11-28-2006 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1318142)
courtest check in. I will be out most of the day without internet. I should be home in time to cast my vote.

As for Mr. Wednesdays idea I would rather wait to see how the mechanics of the game work before identifying what section of town I live in. I am afraid there may be some sort of dynamic involvong the weather or something that could influence a killers choice of what part of town to hunt in on a given night. Just a theory.

I think variations in weather are unlikely, unless the district is a lot larger than I would expect.

Mr. Wednesday 11-28-2006 11:02 AM

Dola, I'm going to go ahead with this regardless of whether anyone else wishes to participate.

I live in the Cavell Street area.

Lorena 11-28-2006 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 1310473)
[b]

Weather and location do matter greatly in this game. A traditional London fog can shroud activities at night. A good rain can scare everyone back inside. But a strangely clear night with a bright moon also can bring its own dangers.. At the end of every day, there will be a forecast of the night's weather. It will be a good indicator, but as with any weather forecast, it can be wrong. Keep that in mind when choosing your night actions

If I were Jack, I would probably strike when there's fog, right? I'm not really comfortable with the idea making my home known because if there's fog in my area, I might be screwed.

hoopsguy 11-28-2006 11:15 AM

Do we know if Night 0 was a clear night? I have my doubts about Jack being able to process an action, but I do think the Night 0 weather report might be helpful in processing information received.

hoopsguy 11-28-2006 11:25 AM

I have a meta-game concern that could make for an interesting discussion. Do people think it is worth going down that path if it significantly enhances our chances of getting information - and hopefully a bad guy - with a Day 1 lynch?

If the prevailing notion is to leave meta-game info alone then I'll happily do that. But if people want to take advantage of publicly posted stuff that is available for interpretation I'll post my thoughts on it.

saldana 11-28-2006 11:41 AM

checking in...didnt get a chance this morning because my contractor came before i left for work.

my thoughts on early discussion:

i think it could be a bad idea to say where we live right away..i wouldnt surprise me if jack has to give a location of where he wants to hunt for hookers, or if the hookers have to say where they want to shop themselves each night.

Hoops, as far as the meta-game issue, if you are referring to what i think you are referring to, i think you should let it go...in this particular game, i dont think it is as definitive as it could be in others.

BrianD 11-28-2006 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 1318388)
I have a meta-game concern that could make for an interesting discussion. Do people think it is worth going down that path if it significantly enhances our chances of getting information - and hopefully a bad guy - with a Day 1 lynch?

If the prevailing notion is to leave meta-game info alone then I'll happily do that. But if people want to take advantage of publicly posted stuff that is available for interpretation I'll post my thoughts on it.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Did you find some info in a GM description that you thought might be useful, or are you pulling some wikipedia type info?

Tyrith 11-28-2006 11:43 AM

Usually someone has cast a random vote by now.

saldana 11-28-2006 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 1318134)
No one else dies on tonight.

Or no one anyone cares about, at least.

anyone else wondering what this might mean....the inference i get is that something else may have happened last night that isnt in the write up.

DaddyTorgo 11-28-2006 11:59 AM

at least i'm not a prostitute

DaddyTorgo 11-28-2006 12:03 PM

fwiw it looks like i may have a developing situation at work today (had a tearful phonecall from an employee earlier and just got a phonecall from my store manager (who is the one who made her cry) so i may end up dealing with that). Work is definately not the happy place that it used to be, I can tell you that.

Mr. Wednesday 11-28-2006 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana (Post 1318421)
anyone else wondering what this might mean....the inference i get is that something else may have happened last night that isnt in the write up.

I'd assume it's just flavor, indicating that there may have been a murder or other death in our neck of the woods, but it doesn't concern us.

Blade6119 11-28-2006 12:05 PM

I have classes until 3 PM my time(west coast), so ill be back later to chat it up..have a good morning yall

DaddyTorgo 11-28-2006 12:11 PM

blah. hafta go in to work to cover for a sick kid. wonderful! won't be back till i dunno...9:45 EST? sorry

LoneStarGirl 11-28-2006 12:15 PM

Okay Guys! I excited about this game! I was going through Werewolf withdrawals during Thanksgiving. GE and I just moved into a new house and for some reason Comcast didn't hook the internet up correctly. GE assured me it would be fixed tonight, but we only have one computer for the time being. I won't be on as much as usual for the first couple of days, but ill make sure to catch in during my off period during the day and as much as possible when school is over 4pm central.

LoneStarGirl 11-28-2006 12:17 PM

Hoops, you hasn't checked in yet? I know i was one of the five, so there are four more...

dubb93 11-28-2006 12:24 PM

OK, checking in. Let's see if I can remember how to play this game.

ntndeacon 11-28-2006 12:24 PM

Just to get a vote in there before my classes... It is random people

Vote dubb

dubb93 11-28-2006 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntndeacon (Post 1318458)
Just to get a vote in there before my classes... It is random people

Vote dubb

Ahhhhh.....I'm starting to remember what it feels like....

hoopsguy 11-28-2006 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana (Post 1318408)

Hoops, as far as the meta-game issue, if you are referring to what i think you are referring to, i think you should let it go...in this particular game, i dont think it is as definitive as it could be in others.

If you are looking at the same thing - check post content, timestamps, and what we know about the game mechanics, cycles, etc. And then tell me if you feel the same way.

LoneStarGirl - I believe everyone has checked in at this point. I'll convert my data into a little more organized spreadsheet later but a quick eyeball scan of the player list shows everyone has posted by now.

st.cronin 11-28-2006 12:46 PM

I don't have any information, but some folks are hinting that there is information out there. I would like to have something to base my vote on, so out with it folks.

Swaggs 11-28-2006 12:48 PM

Sorry guys, but I'm just on here for just a bit today.

Random vote:

Vote Fouts

path12 11-28-2006 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1318475)
I don't have any information, but some folks are hinting that there is information out there. I would like to have something to base my vote on, so out with it folks.

Looks like there were some various interactions due to night 0 actions. Not sure that anyone wants to come right out with them yet.

hoopsguy 11-28-2006 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1318475)

If the vote looks like it is heading in a direction that I don't think makes sense I'll try to guide it in the later stages. But I also want to give people time to act and see if there is anything to take away from "random" Day 1 votes.

hoopsguy 11-28-2006 01:29 PM

Dola - I want to have a little more coordination on releasing information. Obviously if someone comes out with a cleared list, and supplies valid reasons for doing so, they not only put themselves at risk but also the people on that cleared list during night actions.

Yes, there was Night 0 information to be obtained for some people - well, at least me.

I'm pretty sure the quality of night information is going to be significantly impacted by the weather. Which is why I was wondering about the Night 0 forecast.

st.cronin 11-28-2006 01:32 PM

Well, I'll go for one of the players I have a hard time getting a "feel" for.

vote ntndeacon

BrianD 11-28-2006 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 1318514)
Yes, there was Night 0 information to be obtained for some people - well, at least me.

So apparently you weren't being an angel last night? :)

hoopsguy 11-28-2006 02:14 PM

For now, I'll leave my night activities up to the imagination of others. I'll just say that I'm on the side of the angels this game :)

path12 11-28-2006 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianD (Post 1318550)
So apparently you weren't being an angel last night? :)

Doesn't look like too many of us will be angels at night. Does it appear to anyone else that most everyone has some kind of possible action?

Fouts 11-28-2006 02:24 PM

I'll be here for the next couple hours before heading to class. I will say that I had a fun night last night and somebody made 5 schillings. :)

st.cronin 11-28-2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 1318552)
For now, I'll leave my night activities up to the imagination of others. I'll just say that I'm on the side of the angels this game :)

I see only a few possible roles for you if you're truly good, and maybe only one role that doesn't put a target on you. These hints you're dropping are not quite how I would play.

hoopsguy 11-28-2006 02:33 PM

Cronin, this is the kind of conversation that is always more interesting to have after the game is over and both sides have complete information.

It is entirely possible I'm making some bad assumptions about how the game will end up working and that I'll pay the price tonight for those assumptions. But I think there are a number of other scenarios that could unfold that are less dire in the short term.

dubb93 11-28-2006 02:38 PM

Well, I'm in and out. I plan on coming back around 530ish to check on the game again, but in the meantime I'll throw out my old standby vote. Obviously it is subject to change if anyone shares any information.

VOTE SALDANA

BrianD 11-28-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1318556)
Doesn't look like too many of us will be angels at night. Does it appear to anyone else that most everyone has some kind of possible action?

I'm wondering if the bad folks might not get some of the same actions as the good folks.