Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW: Scooby Doo and the Horrible Halloween Party of Doom! Game over - Monsters win!! (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=75206)

Lathum 10-23-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2151303)
You know how you feel bad, so you can adjust for future drinking sessions.

I feel fine, just a little sluggish. Stayed up later than usual which I tend to do when my wife is away. It's not like I was pounding shots all night.

It's like the old saying goes, I feel bed for people who don't drink because they feel just as good in the morning as they do all day.

Danny 10-23-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 2151309)
There is one vanilla Monster.

Ok, so four wolves + a convert is what we have.

Chief Rum 10-23-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2151332)
Ok, so four wolves + a convert is what we have.

Yup, that's about as clear cut as we have ever had it known near the start of the game, which is nice for a change.

I can't vote Schmidty, since he's the GM even though he deserves one for the last game. I fully expect to switch to someone in contention later today. But for now I'm going to throw out the regular conventional Day One worthless vote:

VOTE GOLDENEAGLE

Yeah, sure, he took one for the tea, last game, but he also pointed out that he hasn't been lynched since he came back to playing WW. Sorry, we in good conscience, can't let a comment like that go by without consequence. :D

Chief Rum 10-23-2009 11:37 AM

He also took one for the team (and maybe the tea is Mr. Brewman's Sweet).

MartinD 10-23-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2151034)
hmmmm, off to work in the middle of the night. Can't be good.

It feels like the middle of the night at this time of year (as it's dark until around 7.30 or so), but that was me leaving at my normal time...

Give it another couple of months, and it will definitely feel like the middle of the night, though - far enough north round these parts for us to get about 7 hours of daylight in the week before Christmas.

Alan T 10-23-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 2151309)
There is one vanilla Monster.

Thankfully he isn't a strawberry monster!

MartinD 10-23-2009 12:16 PM

It's day 1, so I'm not going to put too much effort into justifying today's vote...

I'm not going to introduce a new candidate, and I'm not going to push Abe out in front, which leaves 5 to choose from (assuming that JAG's vote count in 140 is correct). For want of a better reason, I'll go with JAG's thinking - PB had a good run in the last game, so:

VOTE PURDUEBRAD

ntndeacon 10-23-2009 12:39 PM

JUst putting in a temp vote for now as I have another class to get ready for. But at least as a temp day one vote, I will go with Scooby...
Vote RA

Raiders Army 10-23-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntndeacon (Post 2151424)
JUst putting in a temp vote for now as I have another class to get ready for. But at least as a temp day one vote, I will go with Scooby...
Vote RA

VOTE NTNDEACON

EF's vote on me I can understand, but this one...not at all. You're voting with Scooby because the Raiders won last weekend? Either you have been skimming the thread, you're a wolf, or you are intentially being obtuse.

J23 10-23-2009 01:22 PM

Here's what I have for the vote count so far:

Chief Rum 1 - Lathum(87)
Raiders Army 2 - EagleFan(88), ntndeacon(158)
Abe Sargent 2 - Hoopsguy(121), PurdueBrad(141)
Hoopsguy 1 - Abe Sargent(128)
KWhit 1 - Coffee Warlord(136)
PurdueBrad 2 - JAG(140), MartinD(156)
GoldenEagle 1 - Chief Rum(153)
ntndeacon 1 - Raiders Army(159)

lerriuqs 10-23-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 2151398)
Thankfully he isn't a strawberry monster!

J23 10-23-2009 01:28 PM

vote PurdueBrad

He's had a good run the last few games I've been in, and while that might annoy Abe, it's more of a reason than I have otherwise.

I'd vote for GE just for wearing the penguin costume when I'm dressed as Batman, but having 4 people at 2 votes doesn't seem ideal.

Anyway, my vote is definately subject to change.

The Jackal 10-23-2009 01:33 PM

Let's keep it close, though there's plenty of time for stuff to change. Plus, the man was Hitler!!

VOTE ABE

lerriuqs 10-23-2009 01:35 PM

Vote Raiders Army

I like the 3 man race on Day 1. It produced good results in the last game I was in.

Telle 10-23-2009 01:39 PM

Votes as of post #164:

1 - Chief Rum - Lathum (87)
3 - Raiders Army - EagleFan (88), ntndeacon (158), lerriuqs (164)
3 - Abe Sargent - hoopsguy (121), PurdueBrad (141), The Jackal (163)
1 - hoopsguy - Abe Sargent (128)
1 - KWhit - Coffee Warlord (136)
3 - PurdueBrad - JAG (140), MartinD (157), J23 (162)
1 - GoldenEagle - Chief Rum (153)
1 - ntndeacon - Raiders Army (159)

Coffee Warlord 10-23-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lerriuqs (Post 2151461)
Vote Raiders Army

I like the 3 man race on Day 1. It produced good results in the last game I was in.

Mind you, I haven't played in a good long while, but wouldn't that just make it rather easy for the bad guys to split their votes up and hide even easier?

lerriuqs 10-23-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord (Post 2151465)
Mind you, I haven't played in a good long while, but wouldn't that just make it rather easy for the bad guys to split their votes up and hide even easier?

Somewhat depends - if we get a wolf in these three, it can make for an interesting day or two. And it's Day 1 - so votes are all over the map regardless.

Telle 10-23-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord (Post 2151465)

It's a matter of debate as to whether two or three candidates is better on Day 1. With three there's a greater chance that one is a wolf.. so not only is there a better chance of possibly catching a wolf but there also might be more there for vote analysis later on. But with two, as you said, it's harder for the wolves to hide their votes.. or to save a wolf candidate if one is on the block.

Chief Rum 10-23-2009 02:08 PM

I like that we have three candidates under consideration. I will switch onto one of these three, and see what we can get out of a tight vote. Do we know what happens with a tie?

Of Abe, PB and RA, I am thinking right now that Abe's stretch of posts is rather unlike him, so I'll put mine there.

VOTE ABE SARGENT

Chief Rum 10-23-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2151480)
I like that we have three candidates under consideration. I will switch onto one of these three, and see what we can get out of a tight vote. Do we know what happens with a tie?

Of Abe, PB and RA, I am thinking right now that Abe's stretch of posts is rather unlike him, so I'll put mine there.

VOTE ABE SARGENT

Oops, correction:

UNVOTE GOLDENEAGLE
VOTE ABE SARGENT

Coffee Warlord 10-23-2009 02:10 PM

Do we have/know the rule on tie votes?

The Jackal 10-23-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord (Post 2151482)

Schmidty does not seem to have posted anything about tie conditions yet. So either it's unknown or he forgot to mention it.

Schmidty 10-23-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord (Post 2151482)

In the case of a tie, there will be no Arrest/Lynch.

GoldenEagle 10-23-2009 02:15 PM

Has everyone checked in? That is usually how I vote on Day 1.

Chief Rum 10-23-2009 02:16 PM

Let's ask the question then.

Schmidty: Are the rules governing ties public, and if so, what are they?

Coffee Warlord 10-23-2009 02:16 PM

He beat ya. :)

Chief Rum 10-23-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 2151487)
In the case of a tie, there will be no Arrest/Lynch.

Oh, heh...never mind. ;)

The Jackal 10-23-2009 02:16 PM

So no ties, good to know.

Chief Rum 10-23-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord (Post 2151490)
He beat ya. :)

Like a redheaded stepchild on Beat Down Day.

EagleFan 10-23-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 2151261)
I'm proud of myself, I can't vote for my best buddy EagleFan and I passed up the chance to vote for Hoops. Way to go me!

Must be a wolf!!!!!!!!!!!

:devil:

Coffee Warlord 10-23-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 2151495)
Must be a wolf!!!!!!!!!!!

:devil:

See, I think you should have to post in Scooby Talk.

Ruh roh! Rust be a roooolf!

Telle 10-23-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenEagle (Post 2151488)
Has everyone checked in? That is usually how I vote on Day 1.

Everyone has either posted with a costume before the game officially began, or has checked in since then. I didn't keep track of the two separately.

Schmidty 10-23-2009 02:20 PM

I just added the vote rules to the first post. Sorry for forgetting that.

Schmidty 10-23-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord (Post 2151496)

Make it so. New rule - Eaglefan, you must talk like Scooby from now on. :)

Danny 10-23-2009 02:24 PM

Vote PurdueBrad

I'm not spreading the vote further and I really would rather not vote Raiders Army. I may move this to Abe at some point depending on how things go.

EagleFan 10-23-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord (Post 2151496)

I was thinking about doing that but it keeps sounding like Astro in my head. :)

Abe Sargent 10-23-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2151480)

VOTE ABE SARGENT

With all due respect, that's stupid though. Last game I was top 5 in posts when I died. How is a lot of posts unlike me now?

I don;t mind dying on Day One too much, everybody dies on day one now and then, and it wouldn't be my first time, and it won;t be my last. But I'll be severely pissed off if its because every player has these flawed views of me as a player, one because I don't get a lot of votes early and others because I don't post this much. Vote for me because I was the third person to vote, or vote for me because I was the person who voted for you, or whatever. But this "Abe doesn;t talk this much in games" crap is really started to annoy be because its a false characarization and way too metagamey for my tastes

GoldenEagle 10-23-2009 02:37 PM

Abe,

It is Day 1. People are looking for any reason to vote for someone. I don't plan on voting for you at the moment, but I don't think you can call it meta gaming. Some posters might clamp up if they are a wolf and the opposite could certainly be true as well.

Schmidty 10-23-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2151505)
With all due respect, that's stupid though. Last game I was top 5 in posts when I died. How is a lot of posts unlike me now?

I don;t mind dying on Day One too much, everybody dies on day one now and then, and it wouldn't be my first time, and it won;t be my last. But I'll be severely pissed off if its because every player has these flawed views of me as a player, one because I don't get a lot of votes early and others because I don't post this much. Vote for me because I was the third person to vote, or vote for me because I was the person who voted for you, or whatever. But this "Abe doesn;t talk this much in games" crap is really started to annoy be because its a false characarization and way too metagamey for my tastes

No swearing please.

GoldenEagle 10-23-2009 03:07 PM

I think Abe should put a dollar in the swear jar.

Abe Sargent 10-23-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 2151514)
No swearing please.

???

Where was the swearing? I edited the post after I wrote it and overwrote a swear word, and I didn't leave any in. I reread it just now, and the only word I could find was ticked off with a different word. It that considered a curse word? I was taught the curse words at church, from family, the community and that was never among them. If you consider it cursing, I'm sorry, I didn't intend to break your rule. I remember I allowed it when I ran a no cursing game, so, sorrys.

Telle 10-23-2009 03:23 PM

I need to get a vote in before leaving work as I don't know if I'll be on before deadline later...

VOTE PURDUEBRAD

Schmidty 10-23-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2151528)
???

Where was the swearing? I edited the post after I wrote it and overwrote a swear word, and I didn't leave any in. I reread it just now, and the only word I could find was ticked off with a different word. It that considered a curse word? I was taught the curse words at church, from family, the community and that was never among them. If you consider it cursing, I'm sorry, I didn't intend to break your rule. I remember I allowed it when I ran a no cursing game, so, sorrys.

The way I'm running this game is as a family friendly game in the spirit of Scooby Doo. Even though "pissed off" and "crap" aren't really traditional swear words and aren't normally a big deal, I've never seen a character in kid's cartoon using them. Even though I say them, if I heard my 7 year old kid say them, I would reprimand her because they aren't polite for her to say.

Look, as everyone knows, I swear like a sailor on FOFC normally, and I will do so again after the game, but for the general atmosphere and spirit of this game, I prefer rated G words. If this really is an issue for you, I'm sorry.

:)

ntndeacon 10-23-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiders Army (Post 2151442)
VOTE NTNDEACON

EF's vote on me I can understand, but this one...not at all. You're voting with Scooby because the Raiders won last weekend? Either you have been skimming the thread, you're a wolf, or you are intentially being obtuse.

I will agree with this. I mentioned it was a quick vote just to vote. I have only skimmed things. I will unvote as soon as I get home from work. MWF are always tough for me to actually find time...Friday a little less so cuz of the evening.

ntndeacon 10-23-2009 03:28 PM

actually I will change now...to move it to more a two way race.

Unvote RA
Vote PB

JAG 10-23-2009 03:38 PM

As of post 195:

Day 1 vote

PurdueBrad 6 - JAG (140), MartinD (157), J23 (162), Danny (185), Telle (192), ntndeacon (195)
Abe Sargent 4 - hoopsguy (121), PurdueBrad (141), The Jackal (163), Chief Rum (170)
Raiders Army 2* - EagleFan (88), lerriuqs (164)
Chief Rum 1 - Lathum (87)
hoopsguy 1 - Abe Sargent (128)
KWhit 1 - Coffee Warlord (136)
ntndeacon 1 - Raiders Army (159)

Lathum 10-23-2009 03:46 PM

do sailors really curse a lot or do they just get a bum wrap?

Lathum 10-23-2009 03:48 PM

Unvote CR
Vote Abe

lets tighten things up.

FWIW I don't like Lerriuqs vote on RA, one can figure from reading the thread that RA hasn't played in a while and probably doesn't get lynched. good place to hide a vote.

lerriuqs 10-23-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2151555)
Unvote CR
Vote Abe

lets tighten things up.

FWIW I don't like Lerriuqs vote on RA, one can figure from reading the thread that RA hasn't played in a while and probably doesn't get lynched. good place to hide a vote.

:eek: Go figure, Lathum questioning my vote again. Not like that doesn't happen every other day in a game...;)

As for RA, the vote at the time had a purpose and it wasn't to hide a vote - it was an attempt to keep three candidates in the mix - something that has fallen by the wayside. Therefore,

Unvote RA

As for my vote, I don't like putting PB up by 2 against so

Vote Abe

GoldenEagle 10-23-2009 04:04 PM

I wish I could be around for the deadline, since it looks like things will be tight, but unfortunately, I will not be. I will have to put my vote in before I leave work today.