Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf Small Game: United Nations (GAME OVER) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=66616)

Mrs. Schmidty 07-29-2008 07:32 PM

Putting 1 of the 3 ahead...no particular reason for the choice really, but

UNVOTE SEALION
VOTE TELLE

EagleFan 07-29-2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seolian (Post 1794990)
I am getting used to be Sealion. I actually named my Fantasy Football team the Sealions. :)

Cool, is the team in the WW fantasy football league (I haven't actually looked in that thread)?

Mrs. Schmidty 07-29-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 1794989)
Oh, the quote as your sig? I thought you wanted to use that phrase as your sig... :)

LOL No

EagleFan 07-29-2008 07:34 PM

As of 151:

1 - Sealion - EagleFan (110)
2 - Barkeep49 - oliegirl (120), Telle (127)
3 - Telle - illinifan999 (123). Sealion (140), Mrs Schmidty (151)

No vote yet: PackerFanatic, Barkeep49

Mrs. Schmidty 07-29-2008 07:36 PM

Need to make a phone call that will take me out until after deadline - Hope Telle's a wolf! Otherwise, sorry!

EagleFan 07-29-2008 07:36 PM

I am getting a little worried about our new players with relatively late changes by Mrs Scmidty and Sealion to Telle. That does concern me a bit, unless of course Telle comes back bad then I am quite happy. If she comes back clean we have two targets to chose from for scanning tonight.

Barkeep49 07-29-2008 07:40 PM

Frankly I try not to revenge vote. Neither Telle nor Seolian strike me as particularly suspicious. I'm slightly leaning towards Seolian though so I'm going to go that way.

Vote Seolian

Telle 07-29-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 1794956)
I was actually thinking to myself "Where is Mrs Schmidty or Telle?" as the two of you tend to post the vote counts occasionally (which I also need to keep from being confused).

I've been home quite sick all day so I haven't been paying attention to the thread like I usually do from work (although I think I was logged on but afk for a few hours today).

Telle 07-29-2008 07:42 PM

Self-preservation vote..

UNVOTE BARKEEP
VOTE SEOLIAN

EagleFan 07-29-2008 07:43 PM

As of 158:

As of 151:

2 - Sealion - EagleFan (110), Barkeep49 (147)
2 - Barkeep49 - oliegirl (120), Telle (127)

No vote yet: PackerFanatic

EagleFan 07-29-2008 07:45 PM

Okay, let me try this again :)

As of 160:

3 - Sealion - EagleFan (110), Barkeep49 (147), Telle (159)
1 - Barkeep49 - oliegirl (120)

No vote yet: PackerFanatic

oliegirl 07-29-2008 07:46 PM

Crap.

15 Minutes before deadline and no packer. Which means if he doesn't show up, that I'm the tie breaking vote...and I have to choose between my husband, and Telle!!!!

This is NOT fair!!!

EagleFan 07-29-2008 07:49 PM

With the votes today I would say the remaining person will/should probably get scanned (unless we get a wolf as I doubt we have two wolves in the running and both voting for each other).

Telle 07-29-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliegirl (Post 1795021)
Crap.

15 Minutes before deadline and no packer. Which means if he doesn't show up, that I'm the tie breaking vote...and I have to choose between my husband, and Telle!!!!

This is NOT fair!!!

Somehow I don't think I'm going to be the one to come out alive in this deal.

oliegirl 07-29-2008 07:53 PM

Gah. PF - where are you??????

If he's not here at 8:58, I'll switch - already decided who I am going to move onto if I have to.

EagleFan 07-29-2008 07:55 PM

I don't want to change to BK but am not sold on changing to Telle as I am quite suspicous of Sealion and Mrs Schmidty with their late changes to Telle. Lathum didn't self protect last night which could mean he picked up on something like maybe a seer reveal. I don't see anything that stands out though. I am hoping the late changes aren't because wolves have picked up what Lathum did (assuming he did pick something up instead of just not being allowed to self protect).

EagleFan 07-29-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1795033)
Somehow I don't think I'm going to be the one to come out alive in this deal.

Or we'll find out if they had a fight recently. ;)

Oh, sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well.

oliegirl 07-29-2008 07:58 PM

OK.

UNVOTE BK
VOTE TELLE

I'm switching to Telle, b/c I think it's possible that she and BK are the wolves...she voted for BK right in the middle of the pack yesterday, and then never had to move her vote b/c of the switches off him later on in the day/evening. I am really not getting a wolfy read from Sealion, he's been quiet but it's only his second game, so I am not reading anything into that...just gut that he's not a wolf, which leaves Telle as my only other option.

oliegirl 07-29-2008 07:59 PM

Dola. If I die tonight - look to BK!

Telle 07-29-2008 08:00 PM

I'd happily vote for BK right now if it would save me.

EagleFan 07-29-2008 08:01 PM

Time to cross our fingers...

Alan T 07-29-2008 08:01 PM

Deadline

Alan T 07-29-2008 08:02 PM

4) - Telle - illinifan999 (123). Sealion (140), Mrs Schmidty (151), Oliegirl (169)
3) - Sealion - EagleFan (110), Barkeep49 (147), Telle (159)

EagleFan 07-29-2008 08:03 PM

The good news is a HUGE CoT if Telle is bad.

Mrs. Schmidty 07-29-2008 08:04 PM

*crosses fingers*

Alan T 07-29-2008 08:07 PM

After the horrible end to the German nation as we know it, the United Nations once again discussed the threat. After only short bits of debate, it finally was settled that a peacekeeping mission must be sent to the country of BELGIUM (Telle).

The coalition forces led by Italy, France, Austria and the United Kingdom quickly take control of the country. In no time at all, the government had been overthrown and United Nations appointees were trying to reorganize the nation. Suddenly a few weeks later a shocking discovery was found.... Belgium had developed Stealth Technology! Even further you go to learn that there were documents detailing step by step the plan to destroy Germany from the day before.

Belgium was an Axis member!!

It is now Night 2. Night actions are due by 7am ET Wednesday morning.

oliegirl 07-29-2008 08:08 PM

WOOHOO!!!

"you have chosen....wisely"

:D

GO VILLAGE!

mccollins 07-29-2008 08:08 PM

Olie the eXecutioner

EagleFan 07-29-2008 08:09 PM

Very nice

Mrs. Schmidty 07-29-2008 08:09 PM

YES!!!

oliegirl 07-29-2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1795062)
Olie the eXecutioner

Olierage

Oliequeen

Oliecutioner

:D

EagleFan 07-29-2008 08:11 PM

CoT:
Sealion
Mrs Schmidty
oliegirl

unknown:
Barkeep49
PackerFanatic
Illinifan999
Me

Telle 07-29-2008 08:13 PM

Ah well.. go wolves!

Mrs. Schmidty 07-29-2008 08:14 PM

Nicely done guys! Out for a bit - again, fortify your borders! :)

Barkeep49 07-29-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 1795068)
CoT:
Sealion
Mrs Schmidty
oliegirl

unknown:
Barkeep49
PackerFanatic
Illinifan999
Me

Do you really mean CoT or do you mean more likely to be good?

Barkeep49 07-29-2008 08:17 PM

Cause for me ollie becomes very likely to be good based on the closing vote. But others aren't necessarily cleared for me.

Barkeep49 07-29-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliegirl (Post 1795046)
Dola. If I die tonight - look to BK!

This is just silly.

EagleFan 07-29-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1795072)
Do you really mean CoT or do you mean more likely to be good?

It seems that Mrs S and Sealion voted late enough for Telle to swing it that way. I can't imagine they would do that as wolves. Especially with the small number of players. Maybe they are not as entrenched in the CoT as oliegirl but they are at least on the edge of the circle.

PackerFanatic 07-29-2008 08:57 PM

Sorry guys - I was working for Habitat for Humanity all day and it was my anniversary today (2 years!) so I was hanging with the misses all night. Great job nabbing a wolf! I will catch up at work tomorrow to see what that all means :)

Mrs. Schmidty 07-29-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 1795081)
It seems that Mrs S and Sealion voted late enough for Telle to swing it that way. I can't imagine they would do that as wolves. Especially with the small number of players. Maybe they are not as entrenched in the CoT as oliegirl but they are at least on the edge of the circle.

See that's funny to me, only because Olie and Telle were the ones pinging me but I went with Telle since she was the one most likely to go - it was too late to swing it towards Olie in other words. As far as Olie's vote - what makes her as a wolf most likely to get into the COT? Vote Telle of course. It was pretty clear Telle was most likely going to go anyway, so why not completely clear Olie and have her make the decding vote? I say have the seer look at her tonight - if she comes back bad, report it tomorrow. You might die, but at least we'd get our last wolf. If she comes back good, stay quiet and check someone else tomorrow night.
Just my 2 cents! :)

illinifan999 07-29-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 1795068)
CoT:
Sealion
Mrs Schmidty
oliegirl

unknown:
Barkeep49
PackerFanatic
Illinifan999
Me

Ouch, the person that started the vote on a wolf doesn't get to be in the CoT? :(

EagleFan 07-29-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illinifan999 (Post 1795156)
Ouch, the person that started the vote on a wolf doesn't get to be in the CoT? :(

Not when it's a hit and run vote. She wasn't in trouble when you made your vote. Not saying you are a wolf, but the actions of the other three make them a little more trustworthy.

With that said, Mrs Schmidty's take onoliegirl makes me wonder about Mrs S a little. If oliegirl doesn;t move her vote it comes down to a tie breaker which basically gives the wolves a 50/50 chance at being in a 4-2 position and just one lynched villager away from a win.

I am not opposed to a scanning of oliegirl but figure why waste that tonight when there are other, targets to scan that are more likely the other wolf.

oliegirl 07-29-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty (Post 1795133)
See that's funny to me, only because Olie and Telle were the ones pinging me but I went with Telle since she was the one most likely to go - it was too late to swing it towards Olie in other words. As far as Olie's vote - what makes her as a wolf most likely to get into the COT? Vote Telle of course. It was pretty clear Telle was most likely going to go anyway, so why not completely clear Olie and have her make the decding vote? I say have the seer look at her tonight - if she comes back bad, report it tomorrow. You might die, but at least we'd get our last wolf. If she comes back good, stay quiet and check someone else tomorrow night.
Just my 2 cents! :)

How was it clear that Telle was going to go? It was a tie between 2 players, each with three votes - and at 8:58 when I cast my vote, I was the tiebreaker. No one else had moved, and there was really no more time to move...which is precisely why I waited as long as I did to switch. I didn't want to give the wolves time to re-maneuver their votes around.

oliegirl 07-29-2008 10:40 PM

Alright, a few thoughts before I head to bed...

BK - Telle (known wolf) had her vote on him yesterday, never moved. There was a 3 way tie at one point, but others moving off either kept her from worrying, or she didn't want to risk voting for a good guy. If BK is bad, and he'd been voted out today, she would have had the "I voted for him both days" defense, which likely would have bought her a day or two of not being high on the wolfdar.

EF - Voted clap, known good guy yesterday...but day 1 vote means jack, unless he's a wolf. Voted SL today, unknown alliance, but at least for me, not high of my wolfdar.

SL - not high on my wolfdar, new player, fairly quiet to begin with so the "utr" that some are getting from him doesn't hold for me.

Mrs. S - her recent post about me definitely moved her up my wolfdar...the "As far as Olie's vote - what makes her as a wolf most likely to get into the COT? Vote Telle of course. It was pretty clear Telle was most likely going to go anyway, so why not completely clear Olie and have her make the decding vote?" comment is pretty far reaching for me...she is still relatively new to the game, and although she has been a wolf a few times, might be panicking at the thought of being the lone wolf now that Telle is gone.

IlliniFan - has been pretty utr for me today, didn't say anything that jumped out as wolfy, low on the wolfdar.

PF - has me wondering, he was gone most of the day, made a post or two earlier today when things were slow, never mentioned being gone for lynch...though for one of the two wolves to miss lynch would be a pretty big deal, I would think if he were a wolf he would have voted early with a "I'm not going to be around for deadline" disclaimer, or sent in a conditional vote via PM to Alan.

So for me, I have to say BK and Mrs S are pinging my wolfdar the hardest - BK only b/c of his association to Telle in votes, and Mrs. S b/c of her comment tonight. Oddly enough, she had a vote on Telle earlier, so maybe her comment about my vote putting me in the CoT as a wolf...not sure yet.

Barkeep49 07-29-2008 11:36 PM

Olie your analysis is fine, if flawed as you've been looking to find reasons to think I'm a wolf since the game started.

Mrs. Schmidty 07-29-2008 11:38 PM

All I was implying with my comment is that to say that Oliegirl is in the heart of the COT isn't based on anything more than what anyone else did. Sure, she cast the final vote, but that doesn't mean she's clear. Having been a wolf 3 times it's always discussed between the wolves about how to get one of them into the COT would be to cast a vote on a wolf. Everyone that's been a wolf knows that. Heck, just take this game as an example. Her vote made her clear in everyone's eyes yet she hasn't been scanned or made any kind of reveal. Not saying she IS a wolf, but that she was one of the two I suspected and that I was taken aback by the fact that she's considered more "clear" than myself - for the same vote. As she said, it was between Telle and her hubby. If you put that with the possibility she's a wolf trying to gain trust it seems possible. In such a small game we don't have much else to go on.

EagleFan 07-29-2008 11:51 PM

The problem with that play Mrs S is that Telle was the cunning. Why would oliegirl risk the cunning just to get in the CoT when she could have gone after her husband and almost make it game over for the wolves?

I am not arguing against the gain a CoT argument in general as I try to look out for wolves doing that too but the risks seem to outweigh the reward in this one.

I am actually surprised to be even seeing this discussion as it seems to be pitting two CoT's against each other which is counter-productive for us.

I feel that the final wolf is between BK, Illinifan999, PackerFanatic and myself. I am in my CoT but fully know why I am not in the main CoT for others at this time. I don't think I have ever been on the winning side as a villager and just want to see that finally happen (we are so close to that happening too) so I think we need to focus on the 4 "uncleared" to get the one last wolf.

Mrs. Schmidty 07-29-2008 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 1795266)
The problem with that play Mrs S is that Telle was the cunning. Why would oliegirl risk the cunning just to get in the CoT when she could have gone after her husband and almost make it game over for the wolves?

I am not arguing against the gain a CoT argument in general as I try to look out for wolves doing that too but the risks seem to outweigh the reward in this one.

I am actually surprised to be even seeing this discussion as it seems to be pitting two CoT's against each other which is counter-productive for us.

I feel that the final wolf is between BK, Illinifan999, PackerFanatic and myself. I am in my CoT but fully know why I am not in the main CoT for others at this time. I don't think I have ever been on the winning side as a villager and just want to see that finally happen (we are so close to that happening too) so I think we need to focus on the 4 "uncleared" to get the one last wolf.

I missed the whole "stealth technology" part - so I take back my Oliegirl suspicions. I was suspicious before the kill, then annoyed that she was immediately cleared for the same vote others had made. I was arguing the principle. That said, I'm moving on to other suspicions which mainly looks like BK for me. Not a whole lot to base it on other than Telle's own voting.

illinifan999 07-30-2008 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 1795266)

I guess I just don't understand (maybe from my lack of experience) why a wolf would start a vote on another wolf.

illinifan999 07-30-2008 12:09 AM

And not only start a vote on another wolf, but start it on the wolf with the cunning ability?