Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW CXLIX SPAWN IV - GAME OVER (Post 3845) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=84272)

JAG 06-21-2012 10:07 AM

Abe, don't do anything yet, we need to plot out a course first. We may need (or want) a new chief engineer depending on if hoops gets scanned and the result of that scan.

britrock88 06-21-2012 10:07 AM

Hey, JAG, stick around for 2 seconds.

Abe Sargent 06-21-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2675803)
Abe, don't do anything yet, we need to plot out a course first. We may need (or want) a new chief engineer depending on if hoops gets scanned and the result of that scan.

Yeah, no actions for a whiles

JAG 06-21-2012 10:09 AM

3 different areas were damaged so there are at least 3 spawn out there (not shocking, but just to put it on the record).

britrock88 06-21-2012 10:09 AM

Remember the research options? I'll list them again:

- small research -> opening a warehouse to access its space
- medium research + small crystal -> any crew can convert at the same speed as engineer
- high research + more crystal -> individualized spawn detector

Would the medium option be useful now?

BK, whenever you get back, does the medium option apply to repairs, too, or only to conversions?

britrock88 06-21-2012 10:10 AM

I wonder if Autumn had any plans for away water missions in his back pocket... :/

Abe Sargent 06-21-2012 10:11 AM

Wassilon wants to stay home, he’s not really much of an adventurer anymore. This is really the sort of adventure that needs a thief to find traps, so Alzar instead decides to animate 50 skeletons to run into traps and such. He discovers a small tribe of peaceful lizard folk fishing on the water of the island and slays them to animate their corpses to explore the tomb.

The hillside appears to have three entrances to the Tomb. Two are false entrances and two of Alzar’s skeletons are slain by traps to capture the unwary.

48 skeletons left.

The middle tunnel is a bright brilliant tunnel with colors flashing everywhere and pigments undimmed by time. Alzar summons a Bebau.

Barkeep49 06-21-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britrock88 (Post 2675808)
Remember the research options? I'll list them again:

- small research -> opening a warehouse to access its space
- medium research + small crystal -> any crew can convert at the same speed as engineer
- high research + more crystal -> individualized spawn detector

Would the medium option be useful now?

BK, whenever you get back, does the medium option apply to repairs, too, or only to conversions?

Both

Abe Sargent 06-21-2012 10:12 AM

Dammit, tht's what I get when I have two tabs side by side, one for D&D and oine for this

britrock88 06-21-2012 10:13 AM

Someone needs to reveal as Wassilon!

britrock88 06-21-2012 10:14 AM

For your consideration, JAG, the medium research option will let us all repair facilities as well as an engineer can.

JAG 06-21-2012 10:16 AM

Oh, well that's interesting Britrock. Hold off for a bit until we can discuss it.

Julio Riddols 06-21-2012 10:21 AM

I say do that. Try and get that done. If we can all repair and also convert at the rate an engineer can, we can get off this rock.

We also need both doctors available so we can have them scan 2 people and then we need to lynch one that is a spawn tonight. We also need some water. If we can get all that done before tonight, I think we have a chance.

Julio Riddols 06-21-2012 10:21 AM

If the doctors scan 2 spawn and we can get a 3rd tonight, I think we have to try to do that.

Barkeep49 06-21-2012 10:23 AM

More work is done on the medical facilities by Simbo

Barkeep49 06-21-2012 10:27 AM

Expect no updates for a few hours now as limited will be nonexistent

britrock88 06-21-2012 10:28 AM

Hope everything's okay on your end, BK.

Simbo Klice 06-21-2012 10:30 AM

Ok, there's my order processed. It doesn't say a 2nd examination can happen though and of course again this looks bad for me. I would ask people to wait until tonight to see if it is fully operational before passing any judgements on what I did.

JAG 06-21-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simbo Klice (Post 2675832)
Ok, there's my order processed. It doesn't say a 2nd examination can happen though and of course again this looks bad for me. I would ask people to wait until tonight to see if it is fully operational before passing any judgements on what I did.

Can you explain exactly what you did last night?

Simbo Klice 06-21-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2675838)
Can you explain exactly what you did last night?

I took the 3 slaves and I worked on Power Facility 2.

saldana 06-21-2012 10:44 AM

JAG, opinion on a hoopsguy scan?

Abe Sargent 06-21-2012 10:49 AM

hoops pinged some radars, that seems like a good scan to me for a chief engineer

Simbo Klice 06-21-2012 10:54 AM

I'd be for a hoops scan... Seems like it would almost have to be him messing with me at this point. But if he kills you that's one less resource we have for finding spawnlings before they germinate.

Abe Sargent 06-21-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simbo Klice (Post 2675852)
I'd be for a hoops scan... Seems like it would almost have to be him messing with me at this point. But if he kills you that's one less resource we have for finding spawnlings before they germinate.

We still have Shiggles and I can promote someone else.

Although I fear that the medical facility may only be able to do one scan. Note that after BK processed the last nit of work, he did not follow it up with "Now it can be used for more than one scan"

JAG 06-21-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simbo Klice (Post 2675843)
I took the 3 slaves and I worked on Power Facility 2.

That explains why only one unit was converted. You should have taken 6 slaves with you FYI.

britrock88 06-21-2012 11:04 AM

Simbo, why 3 slaves?

JAG 06-21-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana (Post 2675845)
JAG, opinion on a hoopsguy scan?

I think it's a good idea.

britrock88 06-21-2012 11:05 AM

They only do 1 unit of work per 2 slaves.

Chief Rum 06-21-2012 11:06 AM

We need a Sargeant at Arms, right? The command crew might also consider promoting someone to Ensign, although I think that was really just an extra officer, so maybe that's a role we don't need to replace (except as a backup to if another officer buys it).

So we definitely have some "roster cleanup" to do.

Chief Rum 06-21-2012 11:07 AM

BTW, as someone who had a vote on hoops yesterday, I also support scanning him. Not that I have some grand suspicions, but he has been in the middle of some things and is in a key role as the Chief Engineer.

britrock88 06-21-2012 11:08 AM

Okay, JAG. Want to talk about research?

I will say that BK notified me that we have made progress toward completing the high-level research. He only did it impressionistically, but I would guess that Schmidty and I working yesterday and me working last night got us 33-50% of the way there.

I'm wondering if the medium-level research will be more effective now that there are facilities to repair and only engineers can repair at the moment.

Simbo Klice 06-21-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2675857)
That explains why only one unit was converted. You should have taken 6 slaves with you FYI.

Quote:

Originally Posted by britrock88 (Post 2675858)
Simbo, why 3 slaves?

Oh, screw me sideways. Autumn said 3, I just assumed he knew what he was talking about and sent the order in ASAP because I wanted to redeem myself in the eyes of all of you for it not being done in the daytime, and didn't know if Darth was coming on. That's entirely on me, I should have looked closer at what I was doing.

britrock88 06-21-2012 11:12 AM

BTW, my guess is that we don't have capacity for another medical evaluation because of the damage to the power facilities.

JAG 06-21-2012 11:14 AM

My concern is how long it would take us to complete the medium level research. We've had I think 4 units towards the high level research and if we're really just halfway there, I would imagine we'll need 4 units towards the middle one, so a full 2 days (and Schmidty isn't working nights). Plus you can be sure the remaining spawn are discussing plans to attack the lab tonight. My inclination is to just power through the higher level research as fast as we can before we work on the medium, but I'm willing to listen to other points of view.

Chief Rum 06-21-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britrock88 (Post 2675866)
BTW, my guess is that we don't have capacity for another medical evaluation because of the damage to the power facilities.

Which is why I thought that should be prioritized over the medical facilities or anything really. Really, without power, very little in this camp works.

Simbo Klice 06-21-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britrock88 (Post 2675866)

I would hope so, I wish Barkeep would have clarified something there because it feels like it could mean my ass right now.

Simbo Klice 06-21-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2675871)
My concern is how long it would take us to complete the medium level research. We've had I think 4 units towards the high level research and if we're really just halfway there, I would imagine we'll need 4 units towards the middle one, so a full 2 days (and Schmidty isn't working nights). Plus you can be sure the remaining spawn are discussing plans to attack the lab tonight. My inclination is to just power through the higher level research as fast as we can before we work on the medium, but I'm willing to listen to other points of view.

So we're talking about probably the same amount of work for two different abilities. But right now, I don't think the High Level one is as beneficial as the Medium one. We are really going to need to get repairs done to lift off.

britrock88 06-21-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2675871)

I'm fairly torn. It seems as though either kind of research would take about the same amount of time to complete from this point. And each confers a distinct benefit. The question becomes this -- would we rather be able to convert/repair more quickly to get off the planet sooner (and thereby prevent the creation of new spawn), or would we rather be able to start picking off spawn with the detector?

JAG 06-21-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2675861)
We need a Sargeant at Arms, right? The command crew might also consider promoting someone to Ensign, although I think that was really just an extra officer, so maybe that's a role we don't need to replace (except as a backup to if another officer buys it).

So we definitely have some "roster cleanup" to do.

I think the armory isn't powered so I'm not sure a sergeant would be able to pass out weapons.

Chief Rum 06-21-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2675883)
I think the armory isn't powered so I'm not sure a sergeant would be able to pass out weapons.

Understood. But that doesn't stop us from promoting one to be ready for when it is operational. We want to be able to arm ourselves if needed.

Chubby 06-21-2012 11:25 AM

Just catching up while on the road, will give me some time to think

britrock88 06-21-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2675872)
Which is why I thought that should be prioritized over the medical facilities or anything really. Really, without power, very little in this camp works.

Yeah. I would hope that the engineers would understand the ramifications of that at this point in the game.

Abe Sargent 06-21-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2675883)

The promotion from my training takes place tomorrow anyway. That probably won;t matte,r assuming we can get stuff fixed today.

JAG 06-21-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britrock88 (Post 2675878)
I'm fairly torn. It seems as though either kind of research would take about the same amount of time to complete from this point. And each confers a distinct benefit. The question becomes this -- would we rather be able to convert/repair more quickly to get off the planet sooner (and thereby prevent the creation of new spawn), or would we rather be able to start picking off spawn with the detector?

That's a great summation. I guess I'll defer somewhat to people who have played precious spawn games, but maybe now I'm leaning more towards medium because we can't handle a ton of mutations, especially if we can't heal them.

Simbo Klice 06-21-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britrock88 (Post 2675891)
Yeah. I would hope that the engineers would understand the ramifications of that at this point in the game.

People keep rushing me into stuff. Every time I log on for the first time in a day it's "Simbo, do this NOW!". Crimson said it was suspicious and then he just did it to me. I get that not showing up for day 1 was a major strike against me, but I've been busting my butt to try to help since then. I feel like I'm in one of those positions where the shit just keeps rolling downhill onto me.

JAG 06-21-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2675892)
The promotion from my training takes place tomorrow anyway. That probably won;t matte,r assuming we can get stuff fixed today.

Packer (in LSG's previous position) can reassign someone to immediately take that position.

Chief Rum 06-21-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simbo Klice (Post 2675897)
People keep rushing me into stuff. Every time I log on for the first time in a day it's "Simbo, do this NOW!". Crimson said it was suspicious and then he just did it to me. I get that not showing up for day 1 was a major strike against me, but I've been busting my butt to try to help since then. I feel like I'm in one of those positions where the shit just keeps rolling downhill onto me.

Don't worry, Simbo, I understand where you're coming from. I don't know about anyone else, but I am fully aware it was CF who made the decision to push that. He went forward with it with his orders, too, before waiting to see if the remaining crew had a consensus on that being the priority he made it out to be.

Zinto 06-21-2012 11:41 AM

Terrible, terrible night results. Do we have enough people to get the power back on. If we do not have access to the armory, I think we will be in a tough position trying to protect people or places tonight.

Julio Riddols 06-21-2012 11:44 AM

If we don't do everything we can to get multiple spawn today, we're not getting anywhere.

Zinto 06-21-2012 11:44 AM

The other question is do we want to have an away team try to get water? We are going to run out tomorrow.