Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW CXLIX SPAWN IV - GAME OVER (Post 3845) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=84272)

Danny 06-21-2012 05:48 PM

I am immortal!!!!

Danny 06-21-2012 05:51 PM

All part of my plan to move up in ranks.

I've been reading alOng, but any actions that are of immediate need?

Also I am not a spawn, AGAIN

Shiggles 06-21-2012 05:55 PM

Dont forget chief, how its suspicious how Simbo was at the power facility, and was left standing with no communication regarding it or anything. Simbo seems like a likely candidate for spawn. As does Zinto, because im deadly suspicous of him. Which ever of the two you guys would approve of has my vote. Also, being an "engineer" shouldnt be a guarantee of we shouldnt off him. Tech is being researched i think of having us be able to repair things during the day like engineers, so it may slow things down, but getting spawn is a HUGE priority, since tonight people will be fearing for their lives more than ever, me included. We do need to make this vote count. and mine are for Zinto or Simbo. 2 cents

Julio Riddols 06-21-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2676253)
I am immortal!!!!

Unvote hoopsguy

Vote Danny

Julio Riddols 06-21-2012 05:56 PM

Unvote Danny

Julio Riddols 06-21-2012 05:57 PM

Vote Zinto I am ready to accept that hoopsguy may not be a spawn.

saldana 06-21-2012 06:00 PM

Ok, I gotta vote and then get ready to board
execute chubby

LoneStarGirl 06-21-2012 06:01 PM

Vote Simbo

I really don't like the fact he let our facilities get damaged last night and he didn't get hurt or see anything

LoneStarGirl 06-21-2012 06:02 PM

I can see a zinto Simbo run off here, but Chubby?

Julio Riddols 06-21-2012 06:03 PM

Plus Zinto and Simbo seem like names a space-faring race of evil beings would use for their young.

Chief Rum 06-21-2012 06:04 PM

I am pretty sure Chubby's a bad choice, so I hope we don't go that way.

I can buy the Simbo thinking, and Zinto had a bad vote last night, too (not that he was alone in that). So I can see going for those guys.

I will go with Simbo for now, stir some stuff up.

VOTE SIMBO KLICE

Shiggles 06-21-2012 06:05 PM

There was suspicion on zinto from a while back which never went away, and since none of it has been really disproved, its still plausible.

The suspicion for Simbo partly was due to inactivity, but the fiasco with the power facilities, a lot of it points to the engineer, or hey, what was zinto doing last night?

hoopsguy 06-21-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 2676263)
Vote Zinto I am ready to accept that hoopsguy may not be a spawn.

I'm wondering why people thought yesterday that either me or Simbo had to be spawn, based on work not being completed. Yet, unless I've missed something, no one has pursued this at all today as a line of voting.

Did an argument come up that could have explained the work not being done? I know that I had my order in with the idea that I would be supervising 5 entities - I'm not sure if those were supposed to be people (don't recall five joining me to work) or slaves (which would have had to be ordered to join?).

Anyway, hoping to get some clarification here as I try to get a vote in.

Chubby 06-21-2012 06:06 PM

Vote count? I'm definately not spawn.

hoopsguy 06-21-2012 06:06 PM

Hmm, all of a sudden a bunch of people mention Simbo as I type up my post ... hmm.

Shiggles 06-21-2012 06:07 PM

interesting. too bad we cant put people in the brig lol

Julio Riddols 06-21-2012 06:09 PM

I just didn't understand initially why someone would work overnight in converting a power facility when we need those to be functional in order to use the buildings they power. I don't remember how the orders to do it came down, but I just thought it was odd. With Saldanas possible clearing of you in the medical lab today, I am not thoroughly convinced you're good, but I am convinced enough to give it another day before I go one way or another on that.

Julio Riddols 06-21-2012 06:12 PM

Yeah, the brig. Thats what it took away from us. Could have been a useful item.

Shiggles 06-21-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 2676279)
I just didn't understand initially why someone would work overnight in converting a power facility when we need those to be functional in order to use the buildings they power. I don't remember how the orders to do it came down, but I just thought it was odd. With Saldanas possible clearing of you in the medical lab today, I am not thoroughly convinced you're good, but I am convinced enough to give it another day before I go one way or another on that.

I say again, if saldana is spawn from start, and has been "clearing" the people, were utterly screwed, so lets not persue that line of thinking. I can try to scan if you wish, but that would probably be a waste of a slot tomorrow., But it would remove that doubt. Oh well lol.

Down with the spawn, for they are crunchy and do not taste good with ketchup.

Chief Rum 06-21-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 2676280)
Yeah, the brig. Thats what it took away from us. Could have been a useful item.

We didn't have a warden, though.

Shiggles 06-21-2012 06:14 PM

but didnt we lock JAG in there day 1? before the scan?

Chief Rum 06-21-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiggles (Post 2676281)
I say again, if saldana is spawn from start, and has been "clearing" the people, were utterly screwed, so lets not persue that line of thinking. I can try to scan if you wish, but that would probably be a waste of a slot tomorrow., But it would remove that doubt. Oh well lol.

Food for thought... hate to get all meta, but let's say Slice Kimbo is a Spawn. We had no evidence of any auction on Night One and SK didn't show up, I don't think, until Day Two.

Unless he has been infected since then, I still feel okay about sal. As I noted, he didn't do anything that first night either (I was protecting him, dubb was spying him, and we both confirm this).

Chief Rum 06-21-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiggles (Post 2676284)
but didnt we lock JAG in there day 1? before the scan?

Nope, we just scanned JAG that day and moved on.

Shiggles 06-21-2012 06:18 PM

Yeah. Im trusting of Sal at this moment, because he also revealed a oneshot power that would be easy to disprove and he might use it.

Simbo and zinto just have that ring about them. Seem like the mostlikely candidates at the moment. As for metagaming, none of us knew what the spawn were doing on night 1, it seemed they were playing it safe and quiet, and they raged us last night because there was an opening. Unless you got some speculation? i think someone mentioned breeding or making an overlord?

Abe Sargent 06-21-2012 06:19 PM

Okay, all caught up. Am I needed for work or can I submit teaching? I'm leaning towards teaching. We have a bunch of engineers right now, and if I move myself that way, we may not have as much of a need two or three days down the road. Security we have just three people. You guys honestly think we need me as a engineer more than one of the security roles?

Or do you wan tto me move someone else and keep the trainer role?

Shiggles 06-21-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2676286)
Nope, we just scanned JAG that day and moved on.

oh thats right. he just suggested it as an alternative in case someone else needed to be scanned. he could give orders while being locked in the brig was probably his line of reasoning, and at night he would be locked away so no spawn communication. Then the check went through instead. makes sense to me at least lol

Julio Riddols 06-21-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiggles (Post 2676281)

Yeah, I don't think being suspicious of saldana is really worth it right now, either. Thats why I gave up on thinking hoopsguy was a spawn. All I know is when this is over I want to know how things went down on night 2 and 3.

Danny 06-21-2012 06:21 PM

Vote simbo

Third times a charm

Julio Riddols 06-21-2012 06:22 PM

I'm thinking last night was more of a series of really good rolls for the spawn that just tipped the scales heavily in their favor. Maybe everything they did was successful, and that's why its so hard for us to figure out what the hell happened.

Chubby 06-21-2012 06:24 PM

i'd like to hear more from zinto so to keep the pressure on...

unvote CF
vote zinto

Abe Sargent 06-21-2012 06:25 PM

I spent a few minutes looking over stuff and I feel like we need the Sergeant-at-Arms position more than a 5th engineer.

Chief Rum 06-21-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiggles (Post 2676287)
Yeah. Im trusting of Sal at this moment, because he also revealed a oneshot power that would be easy to disprove and he might use it.

Simbo and zinto just have that ring about them. Seem like the mostlikely candidates at the moment. As for metagaming, none of us knew what the spawn were doing on night 1, it seemed they were playing it safe and quiet, and they raged us last night because there was an opening. Unless you got some speculation? i think someone mentioned breeding or making an overlord?

Well, I had a theory (internally) that there were no Spawn to start, because I believe it happened that way before and because I had some stuff going on myself. Turns out my stuff wasn't growing Spawnage but the developing of my secret role (no, I am not revealing that right now). So I don't really have anything to back there being no Spawn at the start of the game, outside of the seeming inactivity.

We had three buildings attacked last night. To me, that says three Spawn. That (three) also seems to be the magic number for their Council, per the rules. It could be they were just electing their Queen on Night One, although that feels more like a Night 0 action. Or maybe there was one on Night Zero, who infected another that night. And then they infected another Night One, reaching three. They tried to get dubb on Night Two and succeeded, but not without being discovered. And I think they were all out destroying stuff last night.

That's my speculation on Spawn right now--currently, we're dealing with three.

Chief Rum 06-21-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2676295)
I spent a few minutes looking over stuff and I feel like we need the Sergeant-at-Arms position more than a 5th engineer.

I don't think we need to train that actually. Security Chief Zinto can just name one of his security crewmen to the position.

Or JAG can order it to happen.

I agree that we need a sergeant at Arms.

Julio Riddols 06-21-2012 06:33 PM

I'll take the gun holder position if you guys want. I can still guard stuff at night, right?

GoldenEagle 06-21-2012 06:39 PM

It is going to be tough to read through 2400 posts, but I am going to try my best to figure out what is going on.

Danny 06-21-2012 06:43 PM

I am fine with a zinto vote as well

Abe Sargent 06-21-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2676297)
I don't think we need to train that actually. Security Chief Zinto can just name one of his security crewmen to the position.

Or JAG can order it to happen.

I agree that we need a sergeant at Arms.

I didn;t get that from the rules:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BK's cool ass rules
Security Chief (Rank 4) (1 AP per cycle)

Interrogate Suspected Spawn Day OnlyThis allows an Officer to to privately communicate (i.e. PM) with any other crew member for the remainder of that particular day’s cycle. If the Security officer is not the Officer chosen to PM, the Security Officer will silently sit in on the interrogation (i.e. Will be CC’ed on the PMs but may not reply). This work is done in the Officers’ Offices. 1 AP

Give Order to Security Personnel: Day Only Same as Captain above EXCEPT that the Security Chief may issue orders only to Galley Master, Security Crewmen, Sergeant at Arms, Slave Master, or Warden and may not override the order of any other officer. 1 AP

Protect Night Only May choose to protect a person or location against attack. If there is an attack on that person/place the attack will occur between the Security Chief and the attacker(s). Protection against an entire building will be successful 40% of the time; this success can be stacked with other security personnel. The Security Chief is armed with a three shot weapon, providing an additional bonus if the weapon has any shots left. Protect has a smaller positive effect against a Spawn Attack. 1 AP

Spy Night Only May designate a person to receive a report of that person’s actions. If the person launches an attack (but not a spawn attack) there is a chance that the Security Chief may perform the Protect action (with no AP cost). It will not be posted whom the Security Chief spied upon, only that he spied upon someone 1 AP

Man Security HQ Day or Night Will receive report of anyone who enters buildings A, B, C, or the ship. Also prevents the Slave Pens, Crew Quarters, Armory, and the Brig from being attacked. 1 AP

What did I miss?

Abe Sargent 06-21-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenEagle (Post 2676300)
It is going to be tough to read through 2400 posts, but I am going to try my best to figure out what is going on.

Welcome!

Darth Vilus 06-21-2012 06:49 PM

sorry guys, i was out much longer than expected

Darth Vilus 06-21-2012 06:51 PM

does not look like we are in great shape here. we could really use a spawn catching today

JAG 06-21-2012 06:54 PM

Abe, do not untrainer yourself. Definitely do not do this.

Danny 06-21-2012 06:56 PM

Should I train pfficer or convert personnel today?

JAG 06-21-2012 06:58 PM

I'm leaning:

hoops+DV: Repair power, as has been discussed

Danny assigns (someone) to sargent. Probably someone who is in security already.

GE: Please PM BK and tell him you'd like to research at a middle level of research.

JAG 06-21-2012 06:59 PM

Although if we end up lynching Zinto, we probably want another officer. I don't know.

Darth Vilus 06-21-2012 06:59 PM

can someone scan saldana just to make sure?

Darth Vilus 06-21-2012 07:01 PM

and which power facility are hoops and I going to repair?

Danny 06-21-2012 07:08 PM

So as of now reassign chief to s at a?

Autumn 06-21-2012 07:15 PM

JAG, will you make a thread at your forum for this game?

britrock88 06-21-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2676232)
CF has shown a secret role only a Survivor has.

I hate to quibble with you on this, CR, but it's worth the crew knowing that CF being an empath does not exclude him from being a spawn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 2670631)
Survivor Secret Roles
Except when noted below if a person becomes a Spawn they lose their Secret Role.

Empathic May PM the GM to verify truth of one complete sentence said by another person in the public thread, as understood by the person who made the statement. The GM will respond with either "True, False, or Unknown" based on the GM's understanding of the statement. This may be used twice per game. Coerced statements will always scan as True. There is a 50-50 chance that a person will keep this ability if they become Spawn.

JAG 06-21-2012 07:16 PM

Just to make clear the case for Simbo today, because the detail has been getting somewhat foggy throughout the day and I can't gather all this stuff on my phone:

The crew quarters require 10 cycles of work to convert. Yesterday, we intended to convert all 10 cycles in one go by having hoops supervise 5 people (5 cycles), Simbo supervising 6 slaves (3 cycles), and Chubby supervising 4 slaves (2 cycles).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2675128)
*Hoopsguy: Lead team of 5 to convert crew quarters
*Hoopsguy: reroute power from backup to areas covered by facility 2
*Autumn - convert crew quarters
*Zinto - convert crew quarters
PackerFanatic - convert crew quarters
*Chief Rum - convert crew quarters
*Julio Riddols - convert crew quarters

*Simbo Klice: lead slave team to convert crew quarters

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 2674843)
Chief Rum, Simbo, and six slaves walk into a bar head down to the Crew Quarters to do some work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 2674561)
"I am available to supervise down in the Crew Quarters for anyone who wants to do some honest labor today," Hoopsguy declares. Before heading down there you also notice that he's rerouted power from the backup Power Facility to the Perimeter Fence. This seems to have fixed, for the time being, any problems with the perimeter fence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 2674931)
Chubby leads out a slave team to help with converting the Crew Quarters.

Ok, so everyone ended up checking in or getting ordered to work there, so 10 cycles of work should have been completed. Then the end of day report came and only 5 cycles were completed:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 2675294)

Building D:
Crew Quarters Partially Operational; 13 sleeping berths 5 cycles required for conversion

Ok, now add to this fact that spawn are able to fake their public work and you see why it appears to implicate either hoops for not actually doing supervision (which would result in 5 cycles not happening) or Simbo not supervising slaves as he claimed he did (which would result in Chubby not being able to supervise slaves there by the rules, which would mean 5 cycles would be lost from work as ended up happening). Today we scanned hoops as not spawn, which means that if someone faked their work, it has to be Simbo.

One reason I didn't pursue this line of thinking as strongly as I was going to after deadline yesterday is that we don't know that spawn aren't able to somehow sabotage work during the day, which would make it appear like one of them faked their work. This isn't listed in the rules so it's a bit of a leap of faith to think it's possible, but one reason to suspect it might be is you can man the security HQ during the day. What would be the point of that unless there was something dastardly that could happen during the day? This potential 'sabotage' also just happened to happen when dubb manned the security HQ yesterday.

So I don't know what I think, but I wanted to lay out the case for everyone.